Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ferroque posted:

bootsy is awesome but i never understood what he needed those 5 pickups for

tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

stratdax posted:

These are all from Brian Eastwood Guitars

these are all random encounters from earthbound

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

got new strings yay

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'm not going to let this thread go quietly into the night.

But it is slowing down

Even though there are an infinite amount of ugly guitars I could post

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i think a lot of it is because faustus stopped coming here to have a daily meltdown

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'll just post the best ones.

Obviously there are millions with ugly paintjobs or homemade guitars

But why bother with those when there's some real garbage out there that people spent a lot of time making.

Michael Anthony ain't making that Van Halen money anymore...

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

dr faustus you are the worst human being in the world. your guitars and music are forgettable but you are a ding-dong. never post again.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Fax Sr posted:

i think a lot of it is because faustus stopped coming here to have a daily meltdown

Legitimate challenges to guitar duels were thrown around in this thread, in the year 2014.

Thumbs up!

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
haha i love the thumbs up one. if i could find a neck with enough wood on the headstock i'd cut it the other way it points up instead of sideways when it's being played.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Fax Sr posted:

haha i love the thumbs up one. if i could find a neck with enough wood on the headstock i'd cut it the other way it points up instead of sideways when it's being played.

It's a Lindert Guitar. They stopped manufacturing in 2002, but right now they're selling for about $2500 on ebay. What a steal!

Gibson is just terrible in general

This is not a Gibson, but it's still terrible.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Here's a 9 string from Ron Sword.

Eeeewwww

Alright unless anybody has specific requests for something they want to see...

I'm gonna wrap it up.

Although I feel like I've covered pretty much every single different type of ugly guitar and can't imagine what else there could be.

So that's it!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

got new strings yay
That's not ugly, that's cool.

bunky posted:

dr faustus you are the worst human being in the world. your guitars and music are forgettable but you are a ding-dong. never post again.

Oh sorry ,
I was busy doing stuff for work.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
quit your job

music is life

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
Aaaaand we're back online.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

quit your job

music is life

Holy poo poo if you are familiar with what Michael Hedges (R.I.P.) did with a harp guitar like that, you'd appreciate it. O wait this is GBS you'd hate it!

The holidays are over, I am not gonna have time to keep up with this thread.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

Holy poo poo if you are familiar with what Michael Hedges (R.I.P.) did with a harp guitar like that, you'd appreciate it. O wait this is GBS you'd hate it!

I like harp guitars but the flame on that thing is hideous

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

That's not ugly, that's cool.

ugly and cool are not mutually exclusive in all cases

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
This Koopa guitar is pretty silly...

...but it's from Japan so they can do what they want

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lol that thing must weigh a ton

Plant Kingdom
Mar 12, 2007

stratdax posted:

Gibson is just terrible in general

Sheratons are awesome.

Also, I own this:

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
gibson can be okay i mean i really like the sg despite how fragile it is and the les paul jr range and i think the explorer sounds pretty good for such a pointy guitar. they're just way too expensive and when gibson tries to get creative all they do is churn out giant turds with unbelievable pricetags. also their qa tends to suck. you can pretty much get cheaper guitars or even build one from parts / kit and get the sound + look and feel of a gibson for a fraction of the cost.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

one thing is for sure, no other instrument comes in as many stupid ugly shapes as the Guitar

LappyDore64
Jun 16, 2013

by XyloJW

KING OF THE THREAD

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Snowy posted:

Lol that thing must weigh a ton

I was looking at getting a Mosrite guitar but then I learned that the person that sells them is an absolute prick.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
stratdax i appreciate everything you have done, thank you, and would like you to keep posting ugly guitars for a bit more if it isn't too boring, thanks

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

bunky posted:

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzBVSeCF2Fc

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Right, just going to plan things out for this loving stupid guitar I'm going to make. Posting off my phone so I can't easily go through the thread, is this right?

Seafoam Green
Surfboard Shaped
Has to have that stupid dogge meme on it somewhere
Monkey-grip/Dickhole (I am going to be calling monkey-grips dickholes from now on, it's too good)
A gloryhole
Gold Hardware
Random Pointy bits coming out of one side
Tuners on the bottom, keep the headstock EDIT:put a pick-guard on it.
Useless pickguard
Lots of pickups 4 Cheap-rear end humbuckers and switches
Autism Ribbon
Edit: Scallop the neck
Edit: Bitcoin QR code/Ron Paul on neck
Edit: Useless pot on the headstock labelled 'You Suck'

That everything? Anyone got any more suggestions? I dare say I can cram a couple more things on it (Just remember that I'm using a pre-made neck because gently caress making a neck for this abortion, so no more than 6 strings).

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 7, 2014

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
scallop the frets badly and put a bigsby on it

edit: wait i forgot about bottom tuners, so just put a bigsby somewhere on it

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

man thats gross posted:

scallop the frets badly and put a bigsby on it

edit: wait i forgot about bottom tuners, so just put a bigsby somewhere on it

Scalloping I can do (well, probably, never scalloped a neck before, no one ever asked for it), Bigsby's are a bit pricey, if I can find one cheap enough I'll whack it on the headstock or something, no promises though.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
put like 4 cheapo stock humbuckers in a row

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

comes along bort posted:

make the 12th fret inlay a bitcoin qr code and/or have the first few frets say RON PAUL in old english script

also pickguard on the extraneous headstock

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

quote:

So that's it!

Vai cosplaying as Loki from Thor 5555

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rhopunzel posted:

put like 4 cheapo stock humbuckers in a row

I went digging through my spares earlier and I've got loads of totally mismatched humbuckers that I've removed from guitars over the years, I shall pick the cheapest, nastiest ones I can find.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
also plz record two demos, one with this monstrosity, one with the fanciest most expensive guitar you own, post them unlabelled and let us decide which we like best

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

White Dog Eggs posted:

Scalloping I can do (well, probably, never scalloped a neck before, no one ever asked for it), Bigsby's are a bit pricey, if I can find one cheap enough I'll whack it on the headstock or something, no promises though.
Put a totally useless pot on the headstock and label it "you suck"

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

man thats gross posted:

also plz record two demos, one with this monstrosity, one with the fanciest most expensive guitar you own, post them unlabelled and let us decide which we like best

I was honestly thinking of inviting people/goons around to shred on it and posting videos. I could totally do blind comparisons with some of my nice guitars and borrow some nice guitars off friends though.

Thumposaurus posted:

Put a totally useless pot on the headstock and label it "you suck"

Yessssssssss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

White Dog Eggs posted:

Scalloping I can do (well, probably, never scalloped a neck before, no one ever asked for it)
what about a double neck, if it's easier make one of them fretless (bass or guitar w'ever) for max horribleness

• Locked thread