Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
C a duel for the ages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
All of them. :colbert:

Okay fine D.

But actually all of them.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

drat I want to see all of these. My loyalty to the FWL (no you shut up!) is pulling me one way, my hatred of the Jade Falcons is pulling me another way, and then there is Mr Weber down south...

Screw it. death to the Green Budgerigars B

Coiler12
Jul 25, 2010
B. I like big invasions.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

All of them! Maybe a quick C followed by B.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

I like Big Battles and I cannot lie. You other Battletech fans can't deny.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Definitely C, long live the Free Worlds League!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
B, because gently caress those Clan pigeons.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
B We could use a good battle against some clanners.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
B) Operation: Malvoisine

I'm feeling like some fried Jade Turkey right now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B because Clanners! :argh:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
B

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

C

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
Voting C because the setup for that one interested me last time. Very tempted to go B for the chicken stomp though.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
C, better mechwarriors should keep faster this even without focus fire.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
B) Operation: Malvoisine (torn between this and D, but it's moot anyways)

That takes us to 14-14, new A and D voters might want to side with either.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 7, 2014

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

C. Free World League Best World League.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OptimusShr posted:

B We could use a good battle against some clanners.

Why's everyone gotta hate on my JF buddies :(

They're cool guys I tell ya! And they've got cool bondsmen, and advanced imaging, and :cry:

I'll never understand why people don't wanna see either Steiner, Davion or Kurita get steamrolled. It would make for such a nice change of pace.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

evilmiera posted:

I'll never understand why people don't wanna see either Steiner, Davion or Kurita get steamrolled. It would make for such a nice change of pace.

Kurita and Steiner have already been steamrolled pretty bad in this universe. Also if you are voting against those three that probably means you are pro-clan, and we don't like your type around here.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I think that it's been long enough without the clans, so a vote for B Operation Malvoisine.

edit: Vote changed on next page.

Trundel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 7, 2014

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Voting C.

We get to fight the Clans again, smaller unit size will make for faster turns, and-:argh:NO YOU SHUT UP:argh:

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

Kurita and Steiner have already been steamrolled pretty bad in this universe. Also if you are voting against those three that probably means you are pro-clan, and we don't like your type around here.

It's better to be pro-clan then pro-Davion.

BoxOfAids
Feb 22, 2013
Voting B to see the non-birds be utterly destroyed

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
C because I want to see how on earth this trial is going to get spun when it all goes horribly awry.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
C for YOU DARE TO REFUSE MY BATCHALL? (Or in this case accept my batchall...)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I hate the Jade Falcons.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

C because after working for so long on that thread of history, it would suck to just dump at a critical moment like this one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Thanatz posted:

It's better to be pro-clan then pro-Davion.

Hey now, if I'm reading this thread right, there's basically zero chance of Victor Steiner-Davion ever existing so that's a pretty huge point in favor of not hating Davion as much as usual.

Hating the Clans, however, is eternal.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

C Because likely there will be an awesome.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

fool_of_sound posted:

I hate the Jade Falcons.
The best reason for this vote - B

Caw caw in Hell, assholes.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Anyone mind explaining the hate for the Jade Falcons? My only real experience of them was in MW4: Mercenaries. drat that was a cool set of missions.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Voting C!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
C is my vote. I think we could do with a smaller, more manageable scenario.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Scintilla posted:

Anyone mind explaining the hate for the Jade Falcons? My only real experience of them was in MW4: Mercenaries. drat that was a cool set of missions.

I could say a lot of words, but I feel this does a better job.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Scintilla posted:

"Well bargained and done."

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I desperately want to vote D, because Jade Emperor. However that looks to have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

C it is.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Scintilla posted:

They haven't had a significant loss of territory since 1990. Even the Ghost Bears were originally the derpy, incompetent Clan in the initial invasion. CJF, whenever they take a loss, miraculously does something to recover that has no negative future repercussions.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

I could say a lot of words, but I feel this does a better job.

You're using a badly produced FedCom propaganda video as your evidence? Hilarious annotations notwithstanding.

Scintilla posted:

Realistically, it's likely because they have a lot of appearances in the fiction, so they're the visible face of the more assholish side of the clans. Realistically, there's multiple clans that are worse, such as Smoke Jaguar and Steel Viper, but they're not nearly so visible. And the Jags got smoked in the original history anyways.

Incidentally, I'm voting for C, both because a small unit action would be a good break, and because I'm wondering who they're actually fighting. If it is the Clans, I'm wondering what the hell they're doing so far from the occupation zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Koth posted:

You're using a badly produced FedCom propaganda video as your evidence? Hilarious annotations notwithstanding.

Realistically, it's likely because they have a lot of appearances in the fiction, so they're the visible face of the more assholish side of the clans. Realistically, there's multiple clans that are worse, such as Smoke Jaguar and Steel Viper, but they're not nearly so visible. And the Jags got smoked in the original history anyways.

Incidentally, I'm voting for C, both because a small unit action would be a good break, and because I'm wondering who they're actually fighting. If it is the Clans, I'm wondering what the hell they're doing so far from the occupation zones.

You must have missed the whole "Huge task force driving straight to the NRWR with the express goal of lopping off Amaris's head." thing. They're going, and the FWL had a choice about how to respond to their demands a good few political votes back.

• Locked thread