Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Cleretic posted:

I tried. It didn't work.

So instead, I'm just going to have to train so hard in Destruction that I eventually get a spell that one-shots them, and take glee in blasting themout of the sky, preferably in groups.

What do you mean it didn't work? It's a morrowind mod. Put file in DATA directory, check file in game launcher. Done.

If one mod doesn't work, just download one of the 40 or so other kinds of cliff racer negation mods and try that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

GreatGreen posted:

What do you mean it didn't work? It's a morrowind mod. Put file in DATA directory, check file in game launcher. Done.

If one mod doesn't work, just download one of the 40 or so other kinds of cliff racer negation mods and try that!

Cliff racers are notoriously hard to pacify/remove for some reason. I suspect its intentional because cliff racers are the best. The only mod you need is this one.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I prefer the mod that replaces all monsters and NPCs with cliff racers.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I prefer the mod that replaces all monsters and NPCs with cliff racers.

Only if it makes them playable.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

A goon (Hayt) put cliff racers into the game.

If you remove or pacify them you're a disgrace :colbert:

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Shima Honnou posted:

Cliff racers are one of the icons of the game. A Morrowind without sudden combat music and one of those horrible monsters coming down at you glitchily isn't a Morrowind I want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ

You would enjoy this mod, I think.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
I have a personal mod I use which dumbs down cliff racers to the point where one hit kills them. I can upload it to the Nexus if you want, although there's probably 20 others like it.

Mortimer posted:

A goon (Hayt) put cliff racers into the game.

If you remove or pacify them you're a disgrace :colbert:

Source?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

What mod? Looks like normal gameplay to me.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565574&pagenumber=35&perpage=40#post419551996

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/General:Brian_Chapin

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

SA really is the source of all the best things in the world. We should buy him a cliff racer avatar.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
If you're worried about having to level destruction, I'll happily point out again that absorb health (mysticism) does everything lightning bolts do and does it better.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is like finding the guy who invented comic sans.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I don't think I ever used a mod that altered cliff racers except Passive Healthy Wildlife, but that esp has long since broken.

Kaiser Schlacht
Nov 18, 2013
Any mods out there that makes the game more difficult, challenging or slower than usual in some ways? I really want to replay this game but I've played it through so many times that every new character ends up being overpowered within a very short time...

If not, any suggestions on personal challenges I can do? So far from what I have recalled I did a 100% hand to hand argonian whom I finished the mainquest with (on hardest). Thinking of maybe trying to do something with fork of horripilation or do some silly things with the spellmaker or enchanting.

I really love this game but it's just too easy now

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kaiser Schlacht posted:

Any mods out there that makes the game more difficult, challenging or slower than usual in some ways? I really want to replay this game but I've played it through so many times that every new character ends up being overpowered within a very short time...

If not, any suggestions on personal challenges I can do? So far from what I have recalled I did a 100% hand to hand argonian whom I finished the mainquest with (on hardest). Thinking of maybe trying to do something with fork of horripilation or do some silly things with the spellmaker or enchanting.

I really love this game but it's just too easy now

BTB's Game Improvements is a five-plugin mod that will do all three of those things, and it's designed to make it more difficult to break the game (it's still possible, but not as easy) and prevent the player from becoming OP too quickly.

Also, the author's "mod list" is a pretty decent resource for seeing what other sorts of mods can be used to complement BTB and make the game more challenging. For example, he's got "Service Requirements" on the list, which makes it so that you have to be a member of a certain rank within a guild in order to use the guild's services (otherwise you have to pay a surcharge that gets increasingly expensive the further you are from the required rank).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah install all of BTB's mods, which are all great. His list is a bit outdated as far as the graphic mods go, though.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I tried playing through Morrowind many times, and using BTB's gameplay changes was the only time I ever actually completed the main quest. There are some annoying things he does with balance, but in the end it makes the game feel more like a "game" and less like a "sandbox," if you know what I mean. He makes it so that spells you buy are actually really useful as a way to balance the fact that creating spells is not a viable option. Inevitably, you'll make so much money that you can become a god by training yourself up and buying the best services. Which I think is fine, because that's just the sort of game Morrowind is, and while it's an exponential growth in power, it happens at a rate that feels fairly natural to the game's pacing (much moreso than vanilla, at least).

There were only two real gripes that I had. One was that he nerfed the Ebony Mail immensely, to the point that I felt totally ripped off when I completed the Temple quests. And the second is that creating spells REALLY is never viable. Even as the grandmaster of the Telvanni, I remember not really being able to create good spells. I understand the balance reason but it seemed like he just cut the whole thing off like a tumor.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If you're using all his mods on that page, be sure to use the relevant MCP patches, which do make things like creating spells a bit more worthwhile.

Although all your gripes are reasonable. BTB also did a Final Fantasy 6 rom hack rebalance which is OK, although maybe not exactly the kind of game that needs it.

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

Just started a new playthrough as a thief type dude, is Living Cities of Vvardenfel the go to mod for NPC schedules and so on? I'm just running overhaul right now.

Kaiser Schlacht
Nov 18, 2013
Anyone wanna help me break morrowind? Tired of the vanilla experience and I have tried very few mods. I'm willing to install every single mod no matter how bad or creepy it is.

Post me the most disturbing stuff, I dare you.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Kaiser Schlacht posted:

Anyone wanna help me break morrowind? Tired of the vanilla experience and I have tried very few mods. I'm willing to install every single mod no matter how bad or creepy it is.

Post me the most disturbing stuff, I dare you.

The 'problem' (for lack of a better word :v:) with Morrowind is that it never got quite the offload of super creepy poo poo that later Elder Scrolls/Fallout games got. Still, there's some weird stuff around. I think there was some creepy mod that allowed you to have poorly animated sex. I don't quite remember the name of it unfortunately.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I remember that that was a feature of Morrowind Comes Alive, but I think it's been mostly made more... friendly? Still in, just not as... raunchy? I don't know how to describe it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
There's something sort of unnerving about installing Better Bodies with full nudity, and thus having to contend with completely naked brainwashed cultists in caves that are virtually pitch black, save for the hellish glow of red candles.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Although it does make the naked nords standing on the side of the road much funnier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Although it does make the naked nords standing on the side of the road much funnier.

SEEN ANY... ELVES?? HOHOHOHO

:flaccid:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

My next playthrough will just be with a collection of the most perverse, obscene and ridiculous mods I can find all thrown together.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I want to give this game a try, but I'm stumped at the first step. The given instructions for moving Morrowind to the C drive don't seem to make sense to me. The instructions tell you how to move all of Steam to the C drive, but not specific games. The end result wouldn't be "C:/Morrowind". What am I missing here?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mizuti posted:

I want to give this game a try, but I'm stumped at the first step. The given instructions for moving Morrowind to the C drive don't seem to make sense to me. The instructions tell you how to move all of Steam to the C drive, but not specific games. The end result wouldn't be "C:/Morrowind". What am I missing here?

You don't actually have your default steam directory under program files do you?

Oh noooo. That's okay. When you install morrowind (assuming you have zero morrowind files downloaded), you can select a directory. Ensure you have a secondary steam directory that isn't under program files.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shibawanko posted:

My next playthrough will just be with a collection of the most perverse, obscene and ridiculous mods I can find all thrown together.

There's a decent number of hosed up mods for Morrowind, but it doesn't approach the heights of Oblivion, Fallout and Skyrim. So if you want an open world with a bunch of hosed poo poo going on, I'd go with one of those instead.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-21-10920

Yeah, Morrowind might not match the insanity of the later titles in sure perversion but dammit it tried, so you gotta give them credit.

Features include:

A romance system based on one from The Sims!
Being able to visit a prostitute or make a living as one!
When having sex, you and the NPC randomly appear in house!
No actual sex scenes seen except for a fade to black and suggestive moaning/music!
:siren: When playing a female character, your fetus appears as an inventory item! :siren:
Some goddamn weird merchants who can sell you educational books and birth control/fertility enhancement items

edit: this should have gone to the awesome/awful game mods thread, perhaps later I can link it

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Yes, this is the only reason Morrowind is the only game I play with the nude bodies mods. Naked Nord should have had a dong in the vanilla game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

There were a couple of horrifying text-based sex mods where you can visit brothels and do the brothel questlines (they had those, yes). One of them was called "The Kink Guild" or something and one of the highlights was a pair of nix-hounds who pooped on you.

I know about this because the author posted Muffinwind as an example of how Morrowind mods had just reached a point of being stupid and disrespectful to the source material

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

LEGO Genetics posted:

:siren: When playing a female character, your fetus appears as an inventory item! :siren:

For some reason, I read this as "your uterus appears as an inventory slot!"

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

For some reason, I read this as "your uterus appears as an inventory slot!"

poo poo, same here. I was probably thinking about the Fallout 3 uterus harvesting mod though ...

It's like Morrowind put down the foundation for weirdo mods, and the later games perfected it.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Mizuti posted:

I installed Steam to a directory I created, C:\Games. Therefore Morrowind and all other Steam games are outside of Program Files. You can also move Steam to a different directory post-install, if you want (and you probably should if you're on Windows 7 or 8). Here are some instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129 Unless I'm missing something, all they're asking you to do is move Morrowind outside Program Files and this will most assuredly do that.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I have steam in its default directory and have yet to have any problems with it. Just pick the right directory when you're doing installs and everything is going to be ok.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I figured out installation. Now I just need to set up all the mods I want.

I'm using Wrye Mash, which the OP says can sort load order and check dependencies. How can I do that? Somewhere I'm missing a master file, and I hope I don't have to dig for it manually. Edit: Looks like the passive animals mod was the culprit.

Is there a decent mod out there that gives beast races usable shoes? Or better animations?

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 9, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mizuti posted:

I figured out installation. Now I just need to set up all the mods I want.

I'm using Wrye Mash, which the OP says can sort load order and check dependencies. How can I do that? Somewhere I'm missing a master file, and I hope I don't have to dig for it manually. Edit: Looks like the passive animals mod was the culprit.

Is there a decent mod out there that gives beast races usable shoes? Or better animations?

Yes, and unfortunately not that I've found, respectively.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough

Mizuti posted:

Edit: Looks like the passive animals mod was the culprit.

If it's the Passive Healthy Wildlife one posted in the OP you might need to clean it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Foetus
Jan 20, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

I remember that that was a feature of Morrowind Comes Alive, but I think it's been mostly made more... friendly? Still in, just not as... raunchy? I don't know how to describe it.

As the creator of Morrowind Comes Alive I feel I must apologise for this. The fact that I was the first person to put crudely animated sexual intercourse into a Bethesda RPG fills me with a deep sense of self-loathing. It really does.