Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I have never gone to a video game convention, or even considered for one second going to one, but if there is one in the Midwest then I will show up to support the team and dunk on some fat nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gortarius posted:

Anyways, who stopped by the T.o.G. booth at MaGfest due to morbid curiosity? Did you think the B2 demo was the worst garbage on earth? Did you keep checking your watch in the Character Creation booth while trying to hide your yawns?
A friend of mine who lives in DC went and underwent the Full Wizard Experience™. He thought the game was fun and "like Zelda + Borderlands", but that "the inventory is too cluttered and barely maps to a gamepad". Hope that helps!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Gortarius posted:

Looks like there is a speedrun of Bakely 1 done by the AGDQ (?) tomorrow, and the ToG bad boys just might drop in uninvited. Or so I have heard, it's probably all just a load of bogus. There's all sorts of threats on twitter at

AGDQ is short for Awesome Games Done Quick, a charity fundraiser in the form of a speed run marathon. People play games fast and you donate to effect stuff about the game or for a chance to win prizes.

If enough people donate for it then everyone in the room is going to adding along to the space jam theme. Should be a blast.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I am currently being sent a file from Jenner called WIZARD.mp4.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I am currently being sent a file from Jenner called WIZARD.mp4.

:getin:

Dear guys at ToG, I am sorry I never showed up to get my pillow. I got incredibly sick on Saturday night and wound up having to be rushed to the doctor. I had a great time fumbling at the technology in your booth and playing your game. Thank you for humoring me, and I hope I can get my hands on that pillow somehow. (I hope you all came out of MAGFest healthy, it seems I wasn't the only one who got ill!)

That out of the way, here are the final pictures,

It was dark as gently caress in there guys, I tried to get the best pictures I could but when I went through what I got a lot of them were barely visible or incredibly blurry. Of the 14 pics I took only 3 of them are even clear enough to get the jist of it. :smith: I'm sorry, I did my best.

It's the wizard, my hands are shaking because I am nervous and a spaz. I am woefully under prepared to face his majesty!

My very soul quakes before the tarot.
The green wristband means the wizard is over the age of 21. (;-*) I guess they didn't have a special bracelet color for those who have lived beyond the reach of time itself at MAGFest, we'll have to get on that.

He deals out Karma and the Universe, the other two cards were the Sun and the Hermit (dealt upside down) but I was so engrossed in my Wizard Experience that I neglected my pic-taking duties.

Sorry I couldn't get more, but I'm still incredibly grateful to the guys for having me!

I hope to run into you guys again.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

drat that is an epic looking fake beard. I've never been to a videogame convention but I almost went to this one because it's right across the river for me and I wanted to see this booth. Hope the video comes through.

edit: oh god watching now

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 8, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpWncskX-I

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

I'm very sorry the unhygienic ToG dorks and their unsanitary wizard booth gave you diseases. They cut down on expenses and built the booth entirely from stuff they found in the sewers, like old bathrobes, towels, doritos posters, drapes and broom sticks.

EDIT: I'm sure they can send you one of the pillows if you missed yours.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 8, 2014

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Hey, thanks to everyone who showed up at MAGFest, it was a lot of fun and I hope you guys liked what you saw, especially the wizard stuff. Jenner, do you have a vid of the whole wizard segment? Because it's way longer than that and the good part is when the wizard is actually interacting with you.

Anyway, we're going to be at the Awesome Games Done Quick thing tonight when they're doing Barkley. We live like 10 miles from where it is and they asked us to show up, so we'll be there. Super hyped. It'll be at like 5:00 AM EST, so I seriously doubt too many people will be able to watch, but tune in if you're up. No idea what we're going to do, just sit on that couch behind the guy playing the game I guess?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
What was the tarot deck used? I have a fondness for nontraditional tarot.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

quote:

Dracula and Popeye are both lawful neutral.
Absolutely loving beautiful.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

reignonyourparade posted:

Absolutely loving beautiful.

Hahaha, thank you. Very proud of the character creation writing. On the one hand, I'm a little sad that a small portion of it has been spoiled but on the other, you guys have seen almost nothing and it takes like 30 minutes per character in the actual game.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Schwarzwald posted:

The wizard foretells your future...

Also want to add that the art for the tarot cards (and a good portion of character creation) was made by our man cool oleg, who's a crazy good pixel artist.

Chef Boyardee fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 8, 2014

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

This stream is amazing.
http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Edit: Duergar is officially pronounced der-ger in the Hoopz canon.

NickPancakes fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 8, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

NickPancakes posted:

This stream is amazing.
http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Whoa, lot of bad boy rebel gamers there...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
According to someone from the AGDQ run, X114JAM9 was the error Vinceborg had that meant he lost his memory. Those ToG geniu's :aaa:

Chef Boyardee posted:

Anyway, we're going to be at the Awesome Games Done Quick thing tonight when they're doing Barkley. We live like 10 miles from where it is and they asked us to show up, so we'll be there. Super hyped. It'll be at like 5:00 AM EST, so I seriously doubt too many people will be able to watch, but tune in if you're up. No idea what we're going to do, just sit on that couch behind the guy playing the game I guess?

Huh, I thought you were Canadian.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 8, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Schwarzwald posted:

It's a custom made B2 deck, I don't think I'm allowed to say anymore than this as to not spoil anything.

How long does it usually take before these streams get archived? I only saw a glimpse of it while at work so I'd like to go back and watch the entire thing. I did notice the chat was out of control, but maybe that was more because there was some 45k (450k?) viewers or something.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gortarius posted:

It's a custom made B2 deck, I don't think I'm allowed to say anymore than this as to not spoil anything.

How long does it usually take before these streams get archived? I only saw a glimpse of it while at work so I'd like to go back and watch the entire thing. I did notice the chat was out of control, but maybe that was more because there was some 45k (450k?) viewers or something.

The number one way to prevent cancer is to stay away from Twitch chat.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/493407760

Barkley run starts at 19:09:40 or so.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
I tuned in just in time for the Chaos Dunk, only for the game to crash.

The glasses on the pillow made it all worthwhile.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Thanks!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

NickPancakes posted:

Is that 'g' sounded like 'gif' or is it like people mispronouncing 'gif'?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hard g.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gortarius posted:

Of course! I should have guessed.

Edminster posted:

Is that 'g' sounded like 'gif' or is it like people mispronouncing 'gif'?

It probably depends on the regional dialect.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Hey, thanks to everyone who showed up at MAGFest, it was a lot of fun and I hope you guys liked what you saw, especially the wizard stuff. Jenner, do you have a vid of the whole wizard segment? Because it's way longer than that and the good part is when the wizard is actually interacting with you.

Oh yeah! I should elaborate on that. After he takes the iPad (or whatever that was) away from me there he sits with his legs crossed like we're the best of girlfriends and asks me several other questions of which I only dimly recall. I wanted to record that too and was going to ask permission, but, I found it too difficult to hear him over the din of MAGFest and instead had to clamp the earphones over my ears with both hands. (Maybe next year I'll grow a third arm!)

I guess that very special part of character creation is just going to have to be something you all should try to see for yourselves.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Hahaha, thank you. Very proud of the character creation writing. On the one hand, I'm a little sad that a small portion of it has been spoiled but on the other, you guys have seen almost nothing and it takes like 30 minutes per character in the actual game.

It was amazing, and you should be proud. I was struggling so hard not to laugh through the whole thing, covering my grin. You guys really went above and beyond. Thank you for letting me record what I did.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jenner posted:

It was amazing, and you should be proud. I was struggling so hard not to laugh through the whole thing, covering my grin. You guys really went above and beyond. Thank you for letting me record what I did.

Did you receive a delicious artifact from the wizard at the end of character creation?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
PS. Your zodiac gameplay footage has inspired me to add a little shimmer effect on the zodiac rings you are supposed to turn at each point, and maybe make the hitboxes bigger.

Consider yourself a vital part of the bakely 2 developement.

The Mimic
Apr 27, 2009
The tales of games booth was the highlight of my MAGfest experience. After trying to explain why it was amazing to friends, they were all convinced I was high and hallucinated the entire thing. That's a mark of quality right there. When you visit a booth and explain it to people and they think you're a drug abuser.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I, being a broke-rear end, could not attend MAGfest, and am very sorry about it.

But that Tarot deck... I would pay $30 US dollars, minimum, for a set. Probably closer to $60. Any chance those'll be produced in fashion allowing people to buy some? My grandmother was one of those mystic-types, and while most of her stuff got sold, I got her Tarot cards, and I'd love to have Tarot cards for my generation.

Y'know. Barkley cards. They're a generational thing.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Chef Boyardee posted:

The wizardry was extremely good. I was fully engaged the entire time and it was really funny. I am going to frame my writ.

I didn't want to spoil myself too much on the demo, but from the five minutes I played, it's... surprisingly solid. Like, it feels like you've built a good base and now you can spend months and months on content. It's a game I want to play. It's a system I want to interact with. Game with courage.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Gortarius posted:

Did you receive a delicious artifact from the wizard at the end of character creation?

Yes I did, it's a lovely slip of paper with the name of my character and a code on it. I've taped it to my desk.

Gortarius posted:

PS. Your zodiac gameplay footage has inspired me to add a little shimmer effect on the zodiac rings you are supposed to turn at each point, and maybe make the hitboxes bigger.

Consider yourself a vital part of the bakely 2 developement.

Oh good, I'm happy to have been of service. I'm glad because it really was quite unresponsive there, I'm sure some of that was just me though.

If you want some feedback I have to say that the inventory and equipment management set up you had (all bound to the direction pad) was a little unintuitive, it was difficult and frantic to change guns in the middle of combat. Also, difficult to fire and flee so a "Lock On" feature that keeps you pointed at an enemy might be useful (if possible.) Having to equip and unequip your weapon to talk to NPCs was actually something I liked, that you had to put your big scary gun away before people would talk to you felt right.

Other pluses are: the dialog is absolutely precious, especially the news scroll at the bottom of the screen. The guns behaved exactly as I thought they would (shotgun had short range wide spread, pistol regular rate of fire and good force, uzi had fast fire and medium force, etc.) with one exception (the ricocheting rifles shot did not ricochet.) I also noticed people were trying to use the L and R triggers instead of the L and R bumpers (and the paper had indicated that as well) which is not where the fire and roll commands were bound.

Obviously the revolver should be given the ricocheting property so you can achieve maximum reference points (:ocelot:)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

John Lee posted:

I, being a broke-rear end, could not attend MAGfest, and am very sorry about it.

But that Tarot deck... I would pay $30 US dollars, minimum, for a set. Probably closer to $60. Any chance those'll be produced in fashion allowing people to buy some? My grandmother was one of those mystic-types, and while most of her stuff got sold, I got her Tarot cards, and I'd love to have Tarot cards for my generation.

Y'know. Barkley cards. They're a generational thing.
I am going to PAX East, and already have a Cyberdwarf dakimakura, and nothing would make me happier than a ToG booth there and the ability to buy Tarot cards at said booth... but I'll settle for just the cards. Seconding this question.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

Don't post the nickname I gave myself, thanks.

Baby Meatloaf was my favorite part of that speedrun.

Al! fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 9, 2014

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I backed the game during the kickstarter but is there any way for me to give you guys more money now?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cicero posted:

I backed the game during the kickstarter but is there any way for me to give you guys more money now?

Walk around the ToG headquarters neighbourhood late at night and you'll get mugged by the ToGsters.

Here is some vids for anyone who wants to see what the Magfest demo had in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHbhJEHhus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU7Btb5NYE0

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 9, 2014

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Basically I need to know if you guys will be at PAX East so I can tell all my friends to meet a real wizard.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Kaboobi posted:

Basically I need to know if you guys will be at PAX East so I can tell all my friends to meet a real wizard.

I forwarded this question to the producer, and it seems like Pax EAST is a NO.

As for the wizard himself... I am told he is in some sort of nirvana or something, and won't wake up in months. Maybe he'll have his avatar projected on a stream or something but it is unlikely for a long time.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
e: Wrong thread!

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Infinite Monkeys posted:

The druid dream.

Poor guy did nothing at all until the timer ended, then conceded.

Pretty good for my second druid game ever.

I think you're in the wrong place but I might just not understand you here.