Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChirreD
Feb 21, 2007
Dutch, baby!
Some early shots taken with the Fuji XF 56mm 1.2

http://www.laroquephoto.com/blog/2014/1/6/the-razors-edge-fujinon-xf-56mm-f12r

Edit: He took it offline saying
"Bit of a communication bug: I’ve taken down the 56mm first look. Huge apologies. FYI it IS amazing. More soon. @fujiguys @Fujifilm_UK"

ChirreD fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Mods make this the forum background thanks

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mods please make buying another brand of camera bannable thanks

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Mods please make buying another brand of camera bannable thanks

No, we need to allow people to buy the pentax q system so we can laugh at them.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

HolyDukeNukem posted:

No, we need to allow people to buy the pentax q system so we can laugh at them.

Pentax Q aint got poo poo on the Pentax Auto110 :colbert:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You should only buy Samsung CSC.

*whatever CSC stand for

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
At least this time the Galaxy NX has a proper manual mode and an interchangeable lens.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
But what we really need to know is, how is it with Angry Birds?

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

whatever7 posted:

You should only buy Samsung CSC.

*whatever CSC stand for

Comical Samsung Contraption?

Cock Sucking Competition?

Can Sony Compete?

Canon Sucks Cocks?

Crazy Sexy Cool?

Compact System Chimera?

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Cunty poo poo Camera

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Mightaswell posted:

Cunty poo poo Camera

jfc people just won't shut up about those fuji's

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

jfc people just won't shut up about those fuji's

Its cuz Fuji is Klasse brah.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I took a selfie at the bar last night with my x100s just for this thread.

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005

RustedChrome posted:

At CES, for m4/3, Panasonic unveiled the Leica GD Noctiron 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH... for a mere $1600

For portraits in octarine light?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Beastruction posted:

For portraits in octarine light?

What's octarine? I can't remember.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

8th-snype posted:

Love the micro contrast and the amazing accurate white balance under difficult lights.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Where's the photo of Jesus?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-snype posted:

Your at the Dunne?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Musket posted:

Your at the Dunne?

Atlantic Crossing

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005

8th-snype posted:

What's octarine? I can't remember.

The colour of magic.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

:pcgaming:FUJIWANKFEST 2014 CONTINUES:pcgaming:

Fujirumors saying the new body will probably be called the X-T1, that we will still see an announcement this January, plus general rumor roundup and reliability update.

"Fujirumors posted:

Bigger (extra-large) and better EVF / (trusted + anonymous sources)
APS-C X-Trans sensor II (16MP) / (trusted + anonymous sources)
double SD-card slot / (trusted sources)
weather sealed body / (trusted sources)
announcement at the end January / (trusted sources)
price range between X-E and X-PRO line / (new and anonymous sources)
FujicaST-like design / (source who was right in the past, but not yet upgraded to the elite-team of trusted sources ;-) )
faster AF than the X-E2 / (new source)
additional battery grip / (anonymous source)
name: X-T1 / (anonymous source)

The blog also links to this guy's blog from CES which says there was no discussion of water-sealed lenses. I still expect to see a weather sealed lens announced along with the X-T1?? otherwise what's the loving point?

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Bought a fake leather case for Fuji X-E1 that functions as a half case and grip for $12. In combination with a thumbs up grip the camera feels really comfortable horizontally or vertically. You do have to remove the case to access the battery and memory card, but it was $12 and it only takes about 5 seconds to remove.

When it arrived the packaging was comically pathetic. A yellow sheet of plastic with a long single strip of mailing tape that encircled it randomly.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fart Car '97 posted:

:pcgaming:FUJIWANKFEST 2014 CONTINUES:pcgaming:

Fujirumors saying the new body will probably be called the X-T1, that we will still see an announcement this January, plus general rumor roundup and reliability update.

The blog also links to this guy's blog from CES which says there was no discussion of water-sealed lenses. I still expect to see a weather sealed lens announced along with the X-T1?? otherwise what's the loving point?

So Fuji is basically building a prosumer APSC body aiming squarely at the D300s/7D market where both Nikon and Canon are leaving and replacing with cheap FF bodies right now. I get the sense that Fuji is not getting a better APSC sensor from Sony that's why they are loading up features on a new body but try not to call it a XPro-2. They probably will get a new APSC sensor for the XPro2 after new Nex-5 (new A7000 series) get a new sensor.

The XE-2 should have been called XE-1s.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Uh doesn't fuji design their own sensors? Why are you talking about sony?

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

whatever7 posted:

So Fuji is basically building a prosumer APSC body aiming squarely at the D300s/7D market where both Nikon and Canon are leaving and replacing with cheap FF bodies right now. I get the sense that Fuji is not getting a better APSC sensor from Sony that's why they are loading up features on a new body but try not to call it a XPro-2. They probably will get a new APSC sensor for the XPro2 after new Nex-5 (new A7000 series) get a new sensor.

The XE-2 should have been called XE-1s.

Why do you say Fuji is dependent on Sony for a new design? I was under the impression that the X-trans is an in-house Fuji design, and manufactured by Toshiba.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Costello Jello posted:

Why do you say Fuji is dependent on Sony for a new design? I was under the impression that the X-trans is an in-house Fuji design, and manufactured by Toshiba.

I get the impression they are made by Sony, (NEX5n sensor with different color filter). Anyway it doesn't matter. They are not getting a new sensor now. If they have they would have put it in the new body.

edit: and I want to say upgrading sensor IMO is not what people are asking for, I would like to see a pro flash system upgrade before the sensor upgrade.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 8, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Its been confirmed before by Fuji that the X-Trans is done in house on a Toshiba HXM4-229393 Sensor base.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I don't think anyone expects to see a new sensor from Fuji until the X-Pro 2

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Musket posted:

Its been confirmed before by Fuji that the X-Trans is done in house on a Toshiba HXM4-229393 Sensor base.

The only 2 reference of Toshiba HXM4-229393 on google are from 2 anonymous posts. I guess I will take your words for it. *shrug*

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

whatever7 posted:

I get the impression they are made by Sony, (NEX5n sensor with different color filter). Anyway it doesn't matter. They are not getting a new sensor now. If they have they would have put it in the new body.

edit: and I want to say upgrading sensor IMO is not what people are asking for, I would like to see a pro flash system upgrade before the sensor upgrade.
Your first error has already been addressed, but people buy the x cameras for their looks, size and image quality and character. The last thing they need is a GN100 "pro flash system"

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I am just going to go with the "tape a plastic bag over a UV filter" method of waterproofing with my XE-1.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I needed a tripod today, so I just shoved my om-d into a snowbank and called it good.

:smug:

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

I needed a tripod today, so I just shoved my om-d into a snowbank and called it good.

:smug:

I hope the cold didn't shrink your sensor, oh wait... :smug:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A Leica wouldn't have needed a tripod.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

eXXon posted:

A Leica wouldn't have needed a tripod.

You don't need a tripod to sit on display in a cabinet.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

8th-snype posted:

You don't need a tripod to sit on display in a cabinet.

Hope the glass panes on the cabinet have that signature glow.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

IanTheM posted:

Hope the glass panes on the cabinet have that signature glow.

SMDH if your cabinet glass ain't Schott AG.

ChirreD
Feb 21, 2007
Dutch, baby!

keyframe posted:

I am just going to go with the "tape a plastic bag over a UV filter" method of waterproofing with my XE-1.

Or use this! http://www.amazon.com/Aquapac-Waterproof-System-Camera-Case/dp/B00EXDDGYW/ref=sr_1_1 :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

8th-snype posted:

SMDH if your cabinet glass ain't Schott AG.

I can't help but read Suck My Dick, Hard whenever somebody posts that acronym.