Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not A Pubbie Spy
Aug 18, 2012
I hear this game has gewns in it. Got a space in a gewn guild?

Athaclena on Deepwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

There hasn't been a good, skill based PVP MMO in forever and then some. :smith:

EVE?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I... don't even know how to answer this without being snarky, sarcastic and/or just plain mean ;)

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Posting for an invite to GS for Njorun. I recall playing a bit briefly right after Storm Legion was released so ... let's see how much I (don't) remember!

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Is there a comprehensive list of things that have changed since, say, about 6 months ago? I haven't played the game in a while but was considering getting into it again. Has much changed?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Stanley Pain posted:

I... don't even know how to answer this without being snarky, sarcastic and/or just plain mean ;)

If you're saying EVE has a grind but of a different type that makes it so you literally can never catch up to someone that started playing before you did, you're right no way to say that without sounding snarky or bitter.

edit: incorrect use of literally

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 8, 2014

Not A Pubbie Spy
Aug 18, 2012

Not A Pubbie Spy posted:

I hear this game has gewns in it. Got a space in a gewn guild?

Athaclena on Deepwood.

I received an in-game mail with a guild invitation attached(?), but when I tried to Take All(?) the mail disappeared and I didn't get anything. (Maybe I accidentally deleted it somehow?) May I get another invitation, please?

trippy
Jul 25, 2007
Need an invite sent out to Juukalin please

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
I'm not going to be available Mondays and Wednesdays so I think I'm going to put Numberwang in a guild that raids on days that I can make. I'll still be around though for grouping and alts/etc.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mr. nobody posted:

If you're saying EVE has a grind but of a different type that makes it so you literally can never catch up to someone that started playing before you did, you're right no way to say that without sounding snarky or bitter.

edit: incorrect use of literally

Edit, yes that would be one of a number of things I could say about the PVP in EVE, or EVE as a game in general. I personally found it to be a terrible game. Some people like it and I do wish that every MMO could transplant EVE's player economy.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #8 1/8/14

GENERAL
* The New Years 2014 achievement no longer counts toward the Achievement Score.
* An error preventing characters from being created on Russian clients using English characters has been resolved.
* Fixed some issues with the accuracy of timed quests (not timed quest objectives).
* Fae Yule: The achievement Fae Yule Feasting now lists the food items that count towards the achievement.
* Reduced the drop rate for all critter tears minus Snake Tears.
* Critter Tears are now Common rarity, with the exception of Snake Tears that are now marked as Rare.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
* You can now buy the Extended Hair Style Set, Hair Color Set Bundle, and Skin Color Set Bundle for other players from their wishlist!

SOULS

MAGE

WARLOCK
* Defile: The max rank will now stack correctly on an enemy when cast by multiple Mages.

WARRIOR

PARAGON
* Sweeping Blades: No longer triggers on abilities that already hit multiple enemies.

ZONES

FREEMARCH
* Quest: Unholy Alliance: No longer incorrectly offered to Guardian players.
* Abyssal Cultists in Freemarch no longer drop artifacts from the Abyssal Jars set.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

ENDLESS ECLIPSE
* Players can now use a time crystal to bypass the vignette before Regulos.

EXODUS OF THE STORM QUEEN - EXPERT
* Thedeor's Last Stand now begins immediately when players arrive to the area.

INFINITY GATE
* Volan's arm armor now shatters after three entropic orbs.

INTREPID: GREENSCALE
* Players can now use a time crystal to bypass the vignette before Hylas.
* Reduced the damage of Toxic Blooms and Strangle Plants in Lord Greenscale's encounter.

INTREPID: RIVER OF SOULS
* Players can now use a time crystal to bypass the vignette before Plutonus and Alsbeth.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* Players can now engage Atrophinius immediately without having to wait for him to finish his speech.

ITEMS
* Dark Ice Bells no longer drop essences or necklaces for other classes.
* Sword of the Reborn now has appropriate upgrade path.

AotC
May 16, 2010
Oh hey, this game is F2P now? Guess I'll give it a try again...

Can I get a guild invite sent to Aotc please?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Guild invitations should be caught up to here.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
So apparently. A cleric can solo Exodus and power level someone from 10 - 50 in about 2 hours.

If anyone needs such a service, Send me a tell on my cleric and ill pass you to the dude who Power Leveled me tonight.

Qtgreen = My cleric.

Dudes super nice.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

EbolaIvory posted:

So apparently. A cleric can solo Exodus and power level someone from 10 - 50 in about 2 hours.

If anyone needs such a service, Send me a tell on my cleric and ill pass you to the dude who Power Leveled me tonight.

Qtgreen = My cleric.

Dudes super nice.

normal golem foundry and boneforge are also soloable, but exodus has the most trash

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

normal golem foundry and boneforge are also soloable, but exodus has the most trash

I would think that upto 30ish the initial event in KB would be king XP, specially since you can reset it and start it immediatelly. And GF has more easy-to-reset trash.

Priam
Jun 27, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Has anything interesting been added in the last couple of months? Have they at all bothered with making PVP more fun and less grindy? I don't care about PVE/RAID stuff at all.

Edit: Just looked on the RIFT PVP forums :negative: and was honestly surprised to see the majority of people saying that PVP is dead and buried which is quite the change. So that answer that.

Trion just doesn't care. They've continually poo poo on their PVP player base even though from what I can tell it has actually grown considerably since the steam release. A few of the devs seem to hold a pretty strong grudge towards pvp in general so I don't think they have any interest in adding new content at all even though it's pretty obvious to everyone that constantly neglecting the PVP aspect of Rift for a very long period of time has been bad for business because a lot of people who have been around for awhile are getting fed up and quitting. It's still fun, but don't expect them to add any new content at all for PVP in the future.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

So, I just found I have a Rift Spider Hat Code in my TF2. Is this worth anything? I don't know if it even works. I don't play Rift.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The promotion for Well-Spun Hats ended >2 years ago so they might be on the rare side now. I have no idea how much one would be worth now though.

It gives you (or whoever you sell it to) this thing:

If it still works, there's a "redeem code" thing in account management somewhere.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 11, 2014

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

OneEightHundred posted:

The promotion for Well-Spun Hats ended >2 years ago so they might be on the rare side now. I have no idea how much one would be worth now though.

It gives you (or whoever you sell it to) this thing:

If it still works, there's a "redeem code" thing in account management somewhere.

Thats awesome and Id pay 5 steambucks for it.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Does the TF2 Riftwalker achievement still give out that code or has it stopped completely?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Decairn posted:

Does the TF2 Riftwalker achievement still give out that code or has it stopped completely?
The achievement stopped giving the code in Nov. 2011.

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Just switched over to Deepwood, as Noryz.

Would love to get in with the gewns, as it were.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

So I'm confused by the whole raid token thing since I haven't raided, and I think I'm gonna try for Monday so I can burn off a Greater Token Tablet on top of 9 expert finishes that haven't been turned in. What drops Slayers Marks and what drops Frozen Eclipse Stones?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

OneEightHundred posted:

So I'm confused by the whole raid token thing since I haven't raided, and I think I'm gonna try for Monday so I can burn off a Greater Token Tablet on top of 9 expert finishes that haven't been turned in. What drops Slayers Marks and what drops Frozen Eclipse Stones?

T1 raids drop slayers marks as well as a small quantity of FES. T2 stuff is only FES.

e: To be extra clear, FT/EE/TDQ/IDH are primarily marks. IG/PBB/GA are only FES.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 12, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

OneEightHundred posted:

Expert Daily turnin gives 400 Marks and 50 stones.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
My pretty princess warrior.

Alternate costume

:3:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

From the low level I've seen no one ever gets banned, so I'm wondering how bad I can make my name before there's an exception.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Invite Raphtheus to the guild please.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

GreyPowerVan posted:

From the low level I've seen no one ever gets banned, so I'm wondering how bad I can make my name before there's an exception.

Frothycumsaucer

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

deimos posted:

Frothycumsaucer

I tried to make my name BeotchPoontangSlaya420 but it was too long, so I had to take the 420 off. Sad day.

Gonna start leveling when I get off work, yay.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Hoping people are still active! In as Hezzy

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Giving Rift a try for the first time- invite for Fwd please :sun:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hezzy posted:

Hoping people are still active! In as Hezzy

There tend to be a dozen or so people on in guild when I've looked, more in primetime.

I made it to level 40 at release, then never played it after that. Today I stepped foot into Shimmering Sands at level 43, officially advancing beyond both the level, and zones I made it in beta/release. There was a world event there shortly after I arrived, and the mobs were all level 50 elites. I might have died a bit. Or slightly more than a bit.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
fyi since I don't think I was clear a week or two ago when I mentioned this offhandedly: I'm going to be pretty busy off and on for the next couple of weeks. I should be around for GA + Reg/progression, but it's not 100% guaranteed if I have more family stuff crop up or end up flying out of town for an interview again. Hopefully will be back to normal by the end of January, but that really depends on jobs, etc.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

dongdraper lasted at least 8 months

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Invite to guild as BeotchPootangSlaya

EDIT: I'm joking.

Actual character name is IloveBBC

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 13, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

marhom posted:

fyi since I don't think I was clear a week or two ago when I mentioned this offhandedly: I'm going to be pretty busy off and on for the next couple of weeks. I should be around for GA + Reg/progression, but it's not 100% guaranteed if I have more family stuff crop up or end up flying out of town for an interview again. Hopefully will be back to normal by the end of January, but that really depends on jobs, etc.

Good luck with interviews etc.

edit: invites should be caught up

Raiken
Jul 13, 2007
Could I get an invite for Salanir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
introducing the worst loving mechanic in rift, growing calamity

i just love framerate drops in the middle of a boss fight~

• Locked thread