Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Can they actually mine the rate resources now? I tried one for a few cycles on Saturn right after they patched the glitch that let you collect a bunch at once, and I never got an Orokin Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Thranguy posted:

That's...not nothing, I guess. But apart from a few edge cases (If it was a Mag and it's the one guy with four-digit shields, say, or if they've been downed and I happened to remember that info from then), I don't see any way to get from "Frame/Color scheme" to "Username", which is what one would need to tell if the guy leaving at wave 5 for a No Return is the host or not.

On Defense missions the name at the top of the four is always the host.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Can they actually mine the rate resources now? I tried one for a few cycles on Saturn right after they patched the glitch that let you collect a bunch at once, and I never got an Orokin Cell.
They've always been able to, it's just rare resources are, well, super rare.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
I leave one of my extractors on Jupiter and it picked up 5 Neural Sensors once. It's mostly just salvage and rubedo though.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Piell posted:

Just keep making them (the blueprint is infinite) until you have a couple buffer extractors for when one blows up and check it once or twice a day.

So I only need to buy the blueprint once and I can use it multiple times?

Do all purchased blueprints work this way or only this one? I ask because the Ogris requires 5 components that are made from blueprints that each sell for 15k in the clan dojo. Do I have the buy the Dentonite Injector blueprint 5 times to make 5 of them or only once?

The same goes for building the Afuris or other dual pistol. I built a Furis and it seemed to consume the blueprint, but the Afuris requires two Furis. (Furises? Furii? Furen?)

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It should be noted that any damaged extractor that isn't in use will repair itself over time, so you can build 3-4 extractors and cycle them in and out when one gets low on health.

BitBasher posted:

Do all purchased blueprints work this way or only this one? I ask because the Ogris requires 5 components that are made from blueprints that each sell for 15k in the clan dojo. Do I have the buy the Dentonite Injector blueprint 5 times to make 5 of them or only once?

The same goes for building the Afuris or other dual pistol. I built a Furis and it seemed to consume the blueprint, but the Afuris requires two Furis. (Furises? Furii? Furen?)
Only a handful of blueprints are reusable, like the Extractors or the Resupply items. Unfortunately, items like the Detonite Injector blueprints aren't reusable (yes, it's dumb).

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 8, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BitBasher posted:

Infinite blueprints are the exception rather than the rule. Blueprints for things like the health or ammo restore gear, extractors, OD vault keys, and usually event items are infinite. Blueprints for special materials like detonite injectors or any weapons, frames, forma, or potatoes are not infinite.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

QuantaStarFire posted:

It should be noted that any damaged extractor that isn't in use will repair itself over time, so you can build 3-4 extractors and cycle them in and out when one gets low on health.

Please note this guys! Don't be like me and go through 10+ before checking the wiki and then crying softly. Build a couple extra and cycle them!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

chumbler posted:

Blueprints for special materials like detonite injectors or any weapons, frames, forma, or potatoes are not infinite.

Thanks. So the Ogris really does cost 195,000 to build then. Ouch.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

If you leave it sitting with resources uncollected for an extended period it can get damaged and eventually destroyed...

Not unless they've changed it since the last couple of weeks. I've left 3 extractors running (unintentionally) while I was away over Christmas for 8-9 days and when I came back and they were all there. I've got a feeling that any random damage they sustain is purely during the initial 4 hour mining phase so if they survive that they're good to go till emptied.

Also count me in as someone that didn't know they repaired while unused, oh well they're pretty cheap all things considered.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
The little user-avatar-icon system is really poorly implemented and probably just a bad idea. Why are they cash-shop items? Why don't you get the corresponding one when you build a frame? Why are they even displayed on the team popup if they don't have to match the player's frame? It's needlessly confusing to join a game with a Rhino, Valkyr, and Oberon represented by two Excaliburs and a Lotus emblem.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

redstormpopcorn posted:

The little user-avatar-icon system is really poorly implemented and probably just a bad idea. Why are they cash-shop items? Why don't you get the corresponding one when you build a frame? Why are they even displayed on the team popup if they don't have to match the player's frame? It's needlessly confusing to join a game with a Rhino, Valkyr, and Oberon represented by two Excaliburs and a Lotus emblem.
Especially because you can't go back to the lotus emblem. There really should be an option to just display your rank icon.

edit: Actually it should just always display their frame icon. Possibly with the rank icon overlaid on it as a small decal.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 8, 2014

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Accurate information being portrayed is obviously worthy of being sold.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tried to read most of the thread, got me intrigued. Anything you guys would suggest that isn't already in the OP? Also, because I trust goons, is Nekros really bad, or just a niche warframe? Seems like it has a lot of potential if done right.

Edit: The wiki seems terribly outdated too... I'm trying not to poo poo this up like normal.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 8, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Tried to read most of the thread, got me intrigued. Anything you guys would suggest that isn't already in the OP? Also, because I trust goons, is Nekros really bad, or just a niche warframe? Seems like it has a lot of potential if done right.

Edit: The wiki seems terribly outdated too... I'm trying not to poo poo this up like normal.
Nekros is only decent if you're trying to farm item drops - say, like running one of the survival missions on Saturn for Orokin Cells. Otherwise his statline is not great and his ult is hilariously terrible (due to the AI).

But of course if you're one of those nuts who's getting everything for the sake of completion (:v:...:suicide:) then it's not going to hurt, I suppose.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

Nekros has one good use in survival missions for converting dead bodies into item drops. Other than that, ehhh not really.

My suggestion for starting is to try and start building a new frame quickly (rhino blueprint parts drop on the second planet and is not too hard to get, plus rhino is one of the top frames). Also, plan ahead for when gear reaches level 30 early on to go to a new weapon. Getting mastery points is important to get some of the better weapons (rank 6 will get you the majority of what you need).

It's been mentioned before but the mods you have will be a bigger annoyance than levels. Try to get some decent ones first through generous goons.

If you do spend money on the game, seriously limit it to the top purchases that the OP lists. Catalysts / reactors, equipment slots, and maybe a sentinel if you've got the plat for it. You can also sell mods for plat but it takes awhile before you can start farming good enough mods that are worth anything.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

NGDBSS posted:

Nekros is only decent if you're trying to farm item drops - say, like running one of the survival missions on Saturn for Orokin Cells. Otherwise his statline is not great and his ult is hilariously terrible (due to the AI).

But of course if you're one of those nuts who's getting everything for the sake of completion (:v:...:suicide:) then it's not going to hurt, I suppose.

Soul Punch looked fun, but you and seifer have helped me make up my mind. Thanks.

seiferguy posted:

Nekros has one good use in survival missions for converting dead bodies into item drops. Other than that, ehhh not really.

My suggestion for starting is to try and start building a new frame quickly (rhino blueprint parts drop on the second planet and is not too hard to get, plus rhino is one of the top frames). Also, plan ahead for when gear reaches level 30 early on to go to a new weapon. Getting mastery points is important to get some of the better weapons (rank 6 will get you the majority of what you need).

It's been mentioned before but the mods you have will be a bigger annoyance than levels. Try to get some decent ones first through generous goons.

If you do spend money on the game, seriously limit it to the top purchases that the OP lists. Catalysts / reactors, equipment slots, and maybe a sentinel if you've got the plat for it. You can also sell mods for plat but it takes awhile before you can start farming good enough mods that are worth anything.

Sounds good, and I remember reading that about mods. Hopefully I can get in-game tonight. I don't plan on spending any money for a bit, but I'm sure that I'll have enough fun to throw money at it to support the developer.

Anything I should hold onto that I can pass on to newer guys later, or does some stuff bind to you?

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Thanks. So the Ogris really does cost 195,000 to build then. Ouch.

To be fair, the Ogris is one of the few weapons that can claim the title of being worth every penny and ferrite. It's ludicrously fun to use.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Metal Auger (and Seeker for pistols) is a fantastic convenience mod. I have it on my flux rifle and the thing is essentially a lightsaber now; I wave it in the general direction of a cluster of things and they all die. You don't have to wait for that one rear end in a top hat to finish taking five seconds to fall down after you kill him, you don't waste half your mag in your idiot teammate's back when he runs in front of you, you don't have to wait for a hiding enemy to come out of cover.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Now that I've got 4 V's on my synapse I think its time to move to another weapon and just let that sit for serious business, its got headroom for serration once I go crazy and decide to get rank 7 or get lucky on NM runs and find hammershot.

Was looking at Ogris, but I also see the Torid and im guessing theres a good reason I've never seen anyone use it. The supra is tempting also.

The other high forma primaries I have are Gorgon (4) Penta(3) Ignis (4).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Valatar posted:

Metal Auger (and Seeker for pistols) is a fantastic convenience mod. I have it on my flux rifle and the thing is essentially a lightsaber now; I wave it in the general direction of a cluster of things and they all die. You don't have to wait for that one rear end in a top hat to finish taking five seconds to fall down after you kill him, you don't waste half your mag in your idiot teammate's back when he runs in front of you, you don't have to wait for a hiding enemy to come out of cover.
I got Metal Auger and was all exited right up till the point where I saw it was 10 points to use. :flaccid: I'll just grind nightmare mode until I get Shred instead. :geno:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So a new update just hit and introduced a new gun, called Drakgoon Flak Cannon.

Now, which one of you guys is secretly a DE employee?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Nordick posted:

So a new update just hit and introduced a new gun, called Drakgoon Flak Cannon.

Now, which one of you guys is secretly a DE employee?

Came here to ask that exact question.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

How far behind is PS4 on updates?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

BitBasher posted:

We're still on some mishmash of vanilla 11 and a couple of the early hotfixes I believe. So... very.

e: PC is on 11.5.x for reference.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 9, 2014

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BitBasher posted:

PS4 just got Update 11 a week or so ago; PC users have had it since mid-November, plus half a dozen new weapons, a new frame, and an event with new mods, as well as a ton of balance changes. PS4 is pretty far behind at this point.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Crowbear posted:

We're still on some mishmash of vanilla 11 and a couple of the early hotfixes I believe. So... very.

e: PC is on 11.5.x for reference.

which means you get to have colored Ignis fire, cherish it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Orokin Catalyst on PC for another 100 minutes

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It's like they hate people with jobs.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Azzanadra posted:

which means you get to have colored Ignis fire, cherish it.

They took that out?!

What the hell am I gonna do without my fabulous purple flames? :qq:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Captain Keene posted:

To be fair, the Ogris is one of the few weapons that can claim the title of being worth every penny and ferrite. It's ludicrously fun to use.

You can also save a lot by doing the faction missions that reward already build detonite things.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Wheeee posted:

It's like they hate people with jobs.
If you have a job you can afford to buy your potatoes obviously! :shepface:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Update 11.6.0: Drakgoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbWF5q8gzo

Additions:
Drakgoon Flak cannon available now!
Send volleys of hot shrapnel flying and dominate the enemy with the Drakgoon Flak Cannon! Fire it in wide bursts to target multiple enemies or take aim and attack with a powerful, concentrated shot.

Changes:
- Increased stagger threshold and made stagger only occur on big hits instead of on accumulated damage; this should prevent situations where Quick Thinking would save you only to let you get knocked down and killed again.
- Changed enemy scaling for Endless Defense missions at high levels (now wave 100 enemies should be around level 200 instead of 8000).
- Removed the Candy Cane Scythe from the store.
- Improved Faction invasion momentum by periodically increasing score for leading faction by a small amount (since numerous stalemates have emerged which interfered with the flow of the system).
- Implemented Shadow Quality option for DirectX 11; also made it apply in places it did not previously. Changing this option now takes effect immediately (ie: no game restart required).
- Made all Warframe components sellable (1000 CR each).
- Changed Lotus transmissions to reduce chatter: added delay to Mobile Defense reminders, Heavy Unit transmissions now have a 2 minute cool-down and can occur at most 3 times per mission.
- Loki’s Invisibility no longer reduces the volume of dialog and music.
- Changed logic that determines visual representation of damage mods on continuous-fire weapons (eg: Synapse, Ignis, etc).
The frequency of damage numbers used to be limited by using a minimum damage threshold. Since damage mods increase the rate at which damage accumulates, this would cause damage to be inflicted more often though each damage event would not necessarily be larger. This led to people thinking the mods did nothing because they didn't notice the increased rate at which numbers would appear (an easy mistake for low level damage mods). Similarly, headshots would make numbers appear more often but not necessarily create bigger numbers.
Now continuous fire weapons now limit the frequency of damage numbers by using a minimum time between impacts, regardless of how much damage has accumulated. This gives us a lot more control and should make things more obvious for players who are applying damage mods (it's easier to notice that numbers are 5% larger in magnitude vs being generated 5% faster)”

Fixes:
- Fixed issue with going past Wave 100 in Endless Defense resetting enemy levels and interfering with spawning.
- Fixed another potential cause of the Fog Epidemic of 2013 and 2014.
- Fixed Unranked mods not being tradable.
- Fixed Platinum earned through trading not being usable in Dojo.
- Fixed kills made with Ember’s Fire Blast not always counting towards your stats.
- Fixed Clients seeing gore when they have the gore turned off.
- Fixed Penta energy colour not always applying to grenades.
- Fixed issue with Rank 3 Weapon Mastery Challenge/Achievement not being updated immediately.
- Fixed enemy warning transmissions playing when spawning turrets & cameras (the Lotus would say “Robots approaching!” when it was just cameras).
- Fixed excessive footstep sounds in cases where animation had to catch up with movement.
- Fixed issue in dojo where a player on the kneeling pad could slide off and be unable to stand up.
- Fixed fire-rate stats in the arsenal for continuous fire-weapons so you can correctly interpret the magazine size.
- Fixed issue with Volt being unable to melee if Overload was active or lingering.
- Fixed issue with Reactor Room door floating in dojo.
- Fixed issue with Polish translation of “Continue” and German text on Mercury overlapping UI.
- Fixed game crash when rebinding controls.
- Fixed Dojo crash related to large dojo’s building an elevator late in the dojo’s progress.
- Fixed crash caused by change in audio device.
- Fixed various crashes.
----------------------------------------

Weeks-long stalemates fixed with score-fudging bullshit that could gently caress with player determination of events, as well as fail to actually end them as intended, instead of a hard time limit which wouldn't have either potential problem.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Rumor is that something with the new way damage is displayed means that continuous damage weapons (ignis, synapse) only deal damage when the numbers pop up. If this is true, this means that their TTK bottoms out at about 1 sec, regardless of how little HP the enemies have.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

Denzine posted:

Heavy Unit transmissions now have a 2 minute cool-down and can occur at most 3 times per mission.

This is the best part of the entire patch. I was starting to be adverse to survival missions in a Pavlovian response to that bitch.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Arclyte posted:

This is the best part of the entire patch. I was starting to be adverse to survival missions in a Pavlovian response to that bitch.

This was why I have transmissions turned off.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
"Something's wrong, there's a heavy unit approaching."

No, not wrong. We just broke into a warship full of armored heavy infantry. It's exactly as planned.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
4 enemies left in an Extermination mission.
Lotus: "You're surrounded by Grineer marines!" :saddowns:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Lotus just cares is all.

Also I'm totally going to make a janky-as-gently caress setup of Valkyrie/Drakgoon/Stug/Machete with that new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Can they really not just put alt fires when zoomed in
this semi auto/ charge system irks me