Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I was half listening and he outright called either Cutting or Khawaja a one dimensional cricketer and he also pretty much said that Cutting was a bit of a dummy

Ponting is actually becoming a good commentator now that he isn't insanely nervous but he speaks his mind extremely bluntly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fuckpot posted:

Did he have like a rock or something attached to him because I don't that fall is going to come close to killing you. How deep's the water under that bridge.

About 10 meters.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I was half listening and he outright called either Cutting or Khawaja a one dimensional cricketer and he also pretty much said that Cutting was a bit of a dummy

Can confirm. Cutting is loving stupid.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Airstream Driver posted:

Can confirm. Cutting is loving stupid.

In fairness so is the Prime Minister.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

In fairness so is most of the LNP.

ftfy

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Coq au Nandos posted:

In fairness so is the Prime Minister.

That gives too much credit to the dishonourable fuckwit in the Lodge

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Chris Rogers on being cut by the Thunder:

"I got cut by the Thunder. If you get cut by the Thunder, you're probably struggling,"

Waking up late for the bullshit, telling it like it is, I like Chris Rogers despite him being an Aussie.

In other news, why does BBL insist on having some ponce on a trampoline in every game, and some random home viewer stuffing themselves with KFC?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

From what I've gathered, if the z-list celebrity catches a six then the home viewer will win a million dollars.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I love that Lehmann answered that he sees Phil Hughes as a top 3 player and then Ponting chimed in to remind him that Hughes batted at number 6 in The Ashes, he's even willing to put people he's friends with in awkward positions. :v:

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

In other news, why does BBL insist on having some ponce on a trampoline in every game, and some random home viewer stuffing themselves with KFC?

If they're going to start introducing the circus they should at least bring along some lions for the outfield.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bring out gladiators to fight for buckets of KFC during team swaps

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Whens the other half of this t20 game?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does the BBL have a salary cap?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Well the Thunder got Chris Gayle for their first season and of course he went away so I guess the Thunder's role is surfacing grade cricketers or something.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

You mean surfacing poo poo grade cricketers and using them to cover Mike Hussey in their shitness.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Mister Chief posted:

I think it does, I seem to recall commentators in the first game this year speculating about how the Stars fit all their players into the salary cap. Unless there is a joke in there that I'm missing.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
theyre cheating is the joke

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Unimpressed posted:

You mean surfacing poo poo grade cricketers and using them to cover Mike Hussey in their shitness.

I was watching highlights of a Thunder game at the gym yesterday and in between deliveries, Hussey was clearly telling the kid at the other end "KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL" and pointing frantically at his eyes :laugh:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

The cap is $1 million

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Earlier on I watched some of this BBL you all go on about, and as god as my witness I saw Luke Wright twatting it about all over the place and getting much praise for it. And suddenly I realised why so many of our trash move to Australia.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Scylo posted:

The cap is $1 million
Really? Do they have A League-esque marquee players?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There's probably some weird third party sponsorship loophole because I can't see how they could have that team for $1,000,000.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I think the highest paid player last year was Chris Gayle (about $250,000) while the lowest possible payment was $20,000. Quite amusingly, the Bangladesh Premier League has a $2million salary cap per team.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Has anyone been watching the womens ashes stream on the CA website? I think these might be the shortest boundaries I've ever seen in womens cricket, it's ridiculous.

link for anyone interested - http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/1/9/watch-the-womens-ashes-live-website

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

I think the highest paid player last year was Chris Gayle (about $250,000) while the lowest possible payment was $20,000. Quite amusingly, the Bangladesh Premier League has a $2million salary cap per team.

Yeah, but that includes bookie top-ups.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Brett Lee gave a send off to some fat bloke from Perth that's played 8 games but then didn't give one to Mitchell Marsh when he got him out in the same over. He's such a piece of poo poo.

e: australia's secret has been revealed

quote:

Before the first, third and fifth day of a Test match, someone is chosen to tell the "joke of the day" during warm-ups.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 10, 2014

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Would a picture of the English team count as a joke of the day?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Nope, but the scorecard as of stumps the day before would

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Steve Smith just got out short of getting the sixers home but he seems to be very good in situations when his team is sucking.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've never seen a tied T20 before.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The KY Jelly (tm) Super Over!!!!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
"I'm all wet" - Viv Richards describing his excitement over a game of cricket

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The BBL has been pretty exciting. Almost every game has been down to the wire. Ten have really lucked out to have the BBL be this good during an Ashes year.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Smith started out with the worst shot in the world and got out

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Its so funny if he honestly stood there and just swung through the ball he would have hit it for six.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The BBL has been pretty exciting. Almost every game has been down to the wire. Ten have really lucked out to have the BBL be this good during an Ashes year.

There was a good article by Gerard Whately about how hard the A-League has been smashed by a resurgent cricket team and the BBL.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Smith goes from player who was going to win the game to player who completely threw it away. Mark Waugh is sitting up in the commentary box secretly thinking "thank gently caress I now no longer have the biggest dumbest brain-fade of all time in front of the stumps".

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I hope Lee bowls a no ball

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Scylo posted:

I hope Lee bowls a no ball

He'll aim for his head and get extra bounce and clear the keeper for four byes, and yeah probably step over the line while doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

markgreyam posted:

Smith goes from player who was going to win the game to player who completely threw it away. Mark Waugh is sitting up in the commentary box secretly thinking "thank gently caress I now no longer have the biggest dumbest brain-fade of all time in front of the stumps".

What are you referencing?

• Locked thread