Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Lethemonster posted:

I think I love you.

Moriarty was so well acted and menacing in that show. It is a shame I can't look him up without coming across hundreds of slash wallpapers and gifs.

No problem, yeah, you have to wade around for a while to find the good stuff. Andrew Scott's Moriarty in this show is definitely my favorite Moriarty.

Have some more gifs:

Text, subtitles, blah blah, you get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
Been reading through Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway and came across this page:

I thought I could do better and make a gif

I wish I could make it bigger but it took long enough to make this so gently caress it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Time portal from Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

My favourite was Cassius, it basically invented the self-righting mechanism is this one moment:

That blew my mind as a kid, and pretty much every robot after that had a srimech fitted.

I was going to ask if anyone had this gif :D

God I loved Robot Wars. Does anyone have any Razer gifs? Razer was amazing. Razer and hypnodisc, heroes of my teen years.

In looking these up, I realise how disturbingly large the amount of information collected about them given that they were only around in the relatively early days of wikis actually is...

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
On a more somber note, a 19 year old was just seriously injured at a Robowars thing in India. Video linked isn't super graphic, but may still be :nms:. Apparently he's survived with 'facial fractures'; turns out having safety barricades stop at head height is a bad idea.

Organizers continued the event on the same day :downs:

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Lethemonster posted:

I think I love you.

Moriarty was so well acted and menacing in that show. It is a shame I can't look him up without coming across hundreds of slash wallpapers and gifs.

Well I can't NOT post it now.

:siren:Spoilers:siren:

http://imgur.com/gallery/IvtpJNc

http://imgur.com/gallery/hjr0ZJf

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Blog Free or Die posted:

On a more somber note, a 19 year old was just seriously injured at a Robowars thing in India. Video linked isn't super graphic, but may still be :nms:. Apparently he's survived with 'facial fractures'; turns out having safety barricades stop at head height is a bad idea.

His fault for being of a lower caste.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I don't think this was mentioned yet, but someone uploaded all the series of robot wars to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/bbcrobotwarsuk

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised I wasn't able to find any FIRST Robotics gifs. Those games are completely ridiculous and you know all the kids are filming the drat things on their phones.

I'm gonna try to make some Junkyard Wars gifs but those Youtube videos are such low quality that it might just end up crap.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Didn't Grant Imihara from Mythbusters build and run the Mecha-Mouser Catbot?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Didn't Grant Imihara from Mythbusters build and run the Mecha-Mouser Catbot?

He built and operated Deadblow.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Blog Free or Die posted:

Ban anything using rotational energy. Problem solved.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Makin' a motorcycle into a single-ski snowmobile.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm surprised I wasn't able to find any FIRST Robotics gifs. Those games are completely ridiculous and you know all the kids are filming the drat things on their phones.
I was on a FIRST team for about 4 years and I remember the best game being this one where the robots had to toss balls at targets. We built this badass robot that looked like a rolling batting cage pitcher and it was awesome. The one thing that sucked was that during the autonomous operation periods the vision tracking stuff never seemed to work as intended. Of course, that was back in 2008 so now they probably use Kinects or some poo poo. I never got to meet Dean Kamen or Woodie Flowers (the other guy who presents the events) which now I kind of regret.

Also, I found a gif that might be from a FIRST event and it also looks like the robot is tossing the ball at the ref's crotch:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Devor posted:

Ban anything using rotational energy. Problem solved.

"No electric motors" would tend to eliminate the problem.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Another crosspost from the wrestle gif thread

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

What is that car?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Zeether posted:

Also, I found a gif that might be from a FIRST event and it also looks like the robot is tossing the ball at the ref's crotch:

That's totally FIRST, you can tell by the red and blue bumpers with team numbers on them. I wish I could work with the FIRST team at my old high school where my dad is a mentor, but their after school meetings are when I'm still at work.

Does SA have a FIRST thread?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

People in the Sherlock thread are too busy arguing about whether the new series sucks or not so I made this gif. Thanks gooncam!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Battlebots was great until wedges became a thing, and suddenly every fight was some dick with a wedge flipping the other guy over, the end. Took all the fun out.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry

not sure if this was in response to my request specifically but it is EXACTLY what i was looking for

thanks!!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

What is that car?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AE86

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

The "poopie reel" is far too short. I would love to see a whole DVD full of outtakes from MST3K.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

I wish the video quality on Blackadder was better :(.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wow, Drew Carey is really thin now. What an inspiration.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

toanoradian posted:

The man was handsome back in his Marine days. He just got fat for tv because skinny Drew isn't funny.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

toanoradian posted:

Have you seen Wayne Knight lately?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

What's this from?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

eating only apples posted:

What's this from?

It's from the film Filth

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Straight to heaven

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Saw this yesterday, that guy was loving insufferable. But apparently that's what it takes to get on the show.

Amber Alert posted:

The man was handsome back in his Marine days. He just got fat for tv because skinny Drew isn't funny.

I dunno, I think he's funnier now on the Price is Right than he ever was on the Drew Carey Show. Probably because he just doesn't give a gently caress anymore and talks poo poo on all of the products.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Bart Fargo posted:

The "poopie reel" is far too short. I would love to see a whole DVD full of outtakes from MST3K.

The closest thing is to watch the couple of rough cut MST episodes on Youtube. Instead of where the host segments would be, you just hear them all loving around, like here where they alternate between riffing on Yes and coming up with poop jokes for the Spring Fever short they hadn't shot yet. Mike Nelson is the reason I am unfortunately familiar with the euphemism "blow mud."

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I love this song,and I just couldn't resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Bad Munki posted:

I remember they had the two mobility styles: wheels, and "stomp bots." Stomp bots were allowed to be significantly heavier, because they were slow as poo poo. Until someone made a "technically a stomp bot" that was hella fast. If I recall, it had a couple horizontal rails on a track of wheels on each side, and as the wheels spun it would alternate the rails, "stomping" them along the ground at very high speeds without the wheels actually contacting the ground, but allowing it to travel at wheeled speeds. That was cool.

Yep, Son Of Whyachi found a lopphole, and decimated the field. Here's probably his most famous match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFYzyrfrP0

Then they adjusted the rules so he became a superheavyweight, but still weighed less. He lost when he accidentally hit the wall and lost a hammer, spinning out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z05NMzAnpL8

God, Battlebots. I wish someone would put you on TV again. :allears:

• Locked thread