Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Lotus is the concerned mom of the Tenno.She probably makes them PB+J sandwiches with the crust cut off when they get back to their dojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

randombattle posted:

You can also save a lot by doing the faction missions that reward already build detonite things.

Wait, what's a faction mission? This is the first I have heard of a faction mission...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there any reason to keep the various Cicero-related crap in my inventory, or is it safe to sell that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BitBasher posted:

Wait, what's a faction mission? This is the first I have heard of a faction mission...

The new Grineer vs Corpus invasion missions.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Are those also not on ps4 yet?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

BitBasher posted:

Are those also not on ps4 yet?

They are not.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Considering the PC version has gotten several updates in the past month and the ps4 only just now got v11 and has had some major bugs sitting around (the loving map always defaulting to Mercury ughhh) I think version parity / cross play will never happen at this point :smith:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So Drakgoon trip report: It's a loving bow, that uses shotgun mods, with rifle ammo. And currently no damage falloff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So, yeah. I started trying to play Warframe again since my last post in here and I've had a bit of a problem. Every so often, at random intervals during a mission, or on the mission select screen, the game goes Not Responding, waits for about five to ten seconds and then continues running just fine. If I'm in a MP mission it guaranteed drops me from it, and if I'm in a solo mission it's just an enormous pain in the rear end and forget solo Warframe anyway.

I've turned off literally every process on my computer except Windows 7 default ones, one necessary Nvidia process and Warframe. And the game still goes Not Responding. Graphics are at minimum on all ends, I've tried with DX11, Multithread rendering and 64bit on and off, and nada. So it's either a driver conflict, on Warframe's end, or my GPU is on the way out. The first I have no interest in troubleshooting and don't want to reinstall Windows, and the second and third are just hosed.

Sucks.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

So you're having an issue but you're not interested in attempting to fix it (it's probably not the game)? Cool.

Are you getting a lot of hard drive thrashing during these freezes?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Orv posted:

So, yeah. I started trying to play Warframe again since my last post in here and I've had a bit of a problem. Every so often, at random intervals during a mission, or on the mission select screen, the game goes Not Responding, waits for about five to ten seconds and then continues running just fine. If I'm in a MP mission it guaranteed drops me from it, and if I'm in a solo mission it's just an enormous pain in the rear end and forget solo Warframe anyway.

I've turned off literally every process on my computer except Windows 7 default ones, one necessary Nvidia process and Warframe. And the game still goes Not Responding. Graphics are at minimum on all ends, I've tried with DX11, Multithread rendering and 64bit on and off, and nada. So it's either a driver conflict, on Warframe's end, or my GPU is on the way out. The first I have no interest in troubleshooting and don't want to reinstall Windows, and the second and third are just hosed.

Sucks.
Have you at least tried updating your drivers?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

So you're having an issue but you're not interested in attempting to fix it (it's probably not the game)? Cool.

Are you getting a lot of hard drive thrashing during these freezes?

If it's a driver conflict it's probably beyond what I'm capable of fixing and reinstalling Windows is too much work right now. Come tomorrow I'll probably feel differently. There's no hard drive thrashing when it freezes occur, on either of drives I've installed and tested it on so far.

Elysiume posted:

Have you at least tried updating your drivers?

Video, audio, controller, DX and C.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Orv posted:

Sucks.

By any chance, is this happening to you only on Corpus missions, particularly when a Shield Osprey explodes?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

By any chance, is this happening to you only on Corpus missions, particularly when a Shield Osprey explodes?

Nope. Happens on everything I've tried so far (which is everything but Void and Forest), and it's happened from heavy combat to empty rooms with not a single pickup in sight.

E: I just played an entire mission without a single freeze... with the HUD off. :suicide:

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 9, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

InfinityComplex posted:

So Drakgoon trip report: It's a loving bow, that uses shotgun mods, with rifle ammo. And currently no damage falloff.

Sounds pretty good to me. I am looking forward to a new shotgun, actually. Been using the Soma and I need something with some crunch for murdering stuff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Good to know Lotus still can't do math... her calculations are never right.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've been trying (and failing) to get the Ember prime chassis for ages now. Dozens of capture runs, probably at least 40, mostly tier 2. Overall very frustrating, with lots of watching the recruiting channel. Today I saw a guy recruiting for seven back-to-back tier 2 captures. I was the only person he took, because he has bad internet.

On the fifth run, I finally got the chassis.

On the sixth run, I got a second chassis.

Come on.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
"This is going to take longer..." no poo poo? You've still got four minutes on the clock lady. "We've got a problem!..." Nope, no problem here, I was planning on killing this gently caress stick for the umpteenth time. "It's the Grineer!..." No poo poo Sherlock.

I want to switch to that greebo guy or what ever and be on his side. He at least sounded like he was trying to get it right.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Echophonic posted:

Sounds pretty good to me. I am looking forward to a new shotgun, actually. Been using the Soma and I need something with some crunch for murdering stuff.

Trip Report 2: On clientside completely fucks with your pellets.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

fromoutofnowhere posted:

"This is going to take longer..." no poo poo? You've still got four minutes on the clock lady. "We've got a problem!..." Nope, no problem here, I was planning on killing this gently caress stick for the umpteenth time. "It's the Grineer!..." No poo poo Sherlock.

I want to switch to that greebo guy or what ever and be on his side. He at least sounded like he was trying to get it right.

My favourite is after doing the 115th or so survival mission where the life support is always turned off:

"They've disabled life support... I figured they might try this."

Or when there's a bunch of marines in the room:

"You are surrounded by Grineer marines." Oh thanks!

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Nordick posted:

So a new update just hit and introduced a new gun, called Drakgoon Flak Cannon.

Now, which one of you guys is secretly a DE employee?

Holy christ, they had better not nerf this gun. PS: To the goon who works at DE, give us a sign and I'll buy you a plat. account, or something.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Hal_2005 posted:

Holy christ, they had better not nerf this gun. PS: To the goon who works at DE, give us a sign and I'll buy you a plat. account, or something.

I kinda hope there isn't a goon that works at DE because drat have we disparaged this game a lot :v:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I kinda hope there isn't a goon that works at DE because drat have we disparaged this game a lot :v:

There is a goon that works at DICE and he posts in the BF4 thread sometimes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sandweed posted:

There is a goon that works at DICE and he posts in the BF4 thread sometimes.

Yes, but he ended up being scared out of the BF3 thread back in the day, despite being an audio guy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes, but he ended up being scared out of the BF3 thread back in the day, despite being an audio guy.

Well he was waltzing around with his dick out telling us we would get blown away by what they where gonna show us, and then DICE releases a 17 minute trailer for the single player :dice:

He came back and gave away premium codes around BF4 release.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I honestly think a lot of the criticism we give this game is pretty constructive, even though I've called this game "rear end" on multiple occasions. I don't think anyone has been overly mean. Just fix your drat game DE

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Re: the problems in the game, there's a topic on the official forums which is imo pretty spot on:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/160258-fixing-the-fundamentals/

Some of the things the guy is suggesting as fixes I don't agree with 100% but it's surprisingly well thought out and presented.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

This thread isn't even close to bad. You should have seen the MechWarrior Online thread for real developer hate.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Terbulus posted:

Can they really not just put alt fires when zoomed in
this semi auto/ charge system irks me
I had theorized that the locked ammo counts were buried so deep in the game that DE is afraid to go in and mess with them. I wonder if that could be the case here too.

Well if you go and take a look at The Darkness II lp thread...

Captain Keene posted:

This thread isn't even close to bad. You should have seen the MechWarrior Online thread for real developer hate.
It seems like we've become equivalent to sports fans of a team that, on average, tends to flounder around. They still do good here and there, and in the end we're still rooting for them, but it just gets frustrating sometimes.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 9, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This game is plenty broken but it's also fun. DE does a lot of weird stuff, but sometimes they pull out stuff like one mod in different frames and I just can't stay mad at them.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
One mod in different frames? What does that mean?
edit: oh, the loadouts. Yes that was a very good addition to the game and cut out a LOT of pointless tedium while encouraging experimentation/specialization.

Cascade Failure posted:

Re: the problems in the game, there's a topic on the official forums which is imo pretty spot on:

Some of the things the guy is suggesting as fixes I don't agree with 100% but it's surprisingly well thought out and presented.

I think a lot of the changes laid out in the google doc would just slow the game down and make it more fiddly for the sake of slowing it down and making it more fiddly.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 9, 2014

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Folks on the mumble last night were talking about Ignis still being great and the changes to damage shown being purely cosmetic (showing larger numbers on delay rather than many smaller ones). I know you have to take developer forum pubbies with a huge grain of salt but this guy has been doing calculations re: Synapse vs. Soma and his testing as of 11.6 seems to indicate that continuous fire weapons have indeed been hit with a nerfbat (scroll down to post-11.6 posts): https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150444-soma-vs-synapse/page-3

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I agree that constantly grinding over and over again is one of the most annoying parts of this game and would love to rectify it. This game taunts me by neither dropping frost or frost prime system blueprints :smith:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I don't think any of that means anything unless you were trying to cheese Viral procs, and then only maybe.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Cascade Failure posted:

It's only well thought out in the sense of someone making an incredibly detailed wishlist. He isn't thinking at all about budget, dev time, testing each element against all the others, or anything except what he thinks would be cool. His list involves so many sweeping and fundamental changes that it would literally be a bigger investment of time and money than just creating Warframe 2 from the ground up, and it wouldn't pay off nearly as well as same.

Anyone who wants to be "constructive" in game feedback needs to realize game development is a business like any other. They can't just spent a shitton of money forever, and they can't add tons of new content without adding some hook so people buy plat. Otherwise they can't, you know, pay the devs to come to work and do all this fancy poo poo he wants.

They don't have to remove ultimates, just tone them down and make them more utility than outright damage. It's 5% as much work as what he wants, for 80% as good a result.

Similarly - why dump the energy and orb drop system entirely, when they could instead just kludge in a way to force mobs to drop the orbs you want with a special way to kill them, or just a second mechanism for health and energy recovery out of combat. Maybe they add medical bays and generator rooms to the tile set, and you can stick your arm in the circuit breaker box to refill energy as many times as you want - but only at that location. Maybe energy regens fast by default, but only if your shields are full. Ideas like that are a lot more doable than what he wants.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Denzine posted:

I don't think any of that means anything unless you were trying to cheese Viral procs, and then only maybe.

I'm mostly posting it here in the hope someone will lay out what the deal is because I have no aptitude or appetite for damage tables. :ohdear:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oh hey, you actually can proc more than one thing at once. The icons stack up next to the damage numbers and everything.

Neat.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I just got the BP's for the Oberon and Valk in 6 runs :slick:
I remember my Rhino taking like 30+ runs. I hope I still have some Karma in the bank but I may have cashed it all out on these two frames goddamn.

I have a very mid-range gaming computer.

I'm noticing a little bit of slowdown during missions but major mouse delay and slowdown on the menu screen, does anyone know why this might be?

For the in-game slow down, what features should I turn off graphically that are the biggest causes of slowdown?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I had a similar good karma experience last night.

On PS4 last night I got all 3 Nova parts in three total runs. I was really happy about that because between me and the friend I was doing the run with our margin for error was extremely thin. No ammo spawns when killing that boss and with very few misses and no damage hits we would both be pretty much out of ammo right as he died.

Trying to plink his last sliver of life off with a Kestrel sucked on the first run and took a while. When we went back I altered my loadout of extra ammo but it was still a close margin.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Coldbird posted:

It's only well thought out in the sense of someone making an incredibly detailed wishlist. He isn't thinking at all about budget, dev time, testing each element against all the others, or anything except what he thinks would be cool. His list involves so many sweeping and fundamental changes that it would literally be a bigger investment of time and money than just creating Warframe 2 from the ground up, and it wouldn't pay off nearly as well as same.

Agreed. I wasn't very clear: I meant that the analysis of what's currently wrong with the game is well thought out. Specifically:

Some guy at the warframe forums posted:

You see, players lack motivation to play Warframe. When you first join, it seems like a world of possibilities. Then, you start to approach the grind with hope. Eventually though, you start to see behind the curtain; there is nothing aside from grind.

Warframe is a numbers game. As someone once said a month or so ago, “you either have the numbers or you don’t.” If you do, the game is mind-numbingly simple. If not, it’s face-mashingly difficult.

Players aren’t rewarded for their performance. They’re on average rewarded for time spent playing the game.

There are some good & plausible ideas on the wishlist though like improving the AI to give the different factions more varied behaviour, removing serration from the game and allowing players to select from multiple random rewards at the end of missions. But yeah, there are definately better ways to go about fixing the game.