Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Check my new sweet camera, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They missed a huge opportunity there, if it was "clean the cat box" instead of "walk the dog" they'd get 10 times the sales.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Casu Marzu posted:

Check my new sweet camera, y'all.

Meh. Pentax K-30 could do more than ISO 12.8k back a year or two ago. Laaaaame!

And I cannot find the "have sex" button. Is that on the front? If so, I think that is really poor button placement, especially if they put it beside the lens release.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Having sex is for people that use rangefinders.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

aliencowboy posted:

Having sex is for people that use rangefinders.

I think he meant with other people.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Well this is the wrong forum entirely for that.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Anyone know of any cyber-magazines worth subscribing to that feature actual photography and artist interviews and not gear-crap and light-painting tips?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

aliencowboy posted:

Anyone know of any cyber-magazines worth subscribing to that feature actual photography and artist interviews and not gear-crap and light-painting tips?

Aperture

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://onlandscape.co.uk is quite good if you're in to that genre.
https://f11magazine.com. Free, not always SFW.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 28, 2013

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I snagged the winter issue, it's a little ad-heavy, but this seems right up my alley.

edit: vvv I like that one a lot too, thanks guys!

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 30, 2013

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

aliencowboy posted:

British Journal of Photography

http://www.bjp-online.com

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Want to store some negatives? Send 'em to the Antarctic!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/12/27/on-ice-100-year-old-negative-discovered-in-antarctic-ice

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Some Italian neo-fascist jerk-off decided to take one of my photos, put a stupid slogan on it and post it on Facebook for all his Mussolini loving friends to share. It was this one he stole:

Yosemite by mr_student, on Flickr

And put the catchy phrase, "Life is fascism" over it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=479813818791875&set=a.101152959991298.1058.100002897824490&type=1&theater

What a dick.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

How did you even find out?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
they didn't even do it right, that picture calls for a thin futura and no border/embellishment at all

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
To be fair, my opinion is usually 'use futura.'

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

What did you expect? Life is kicking the people.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Life is licking the peehole.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kicking the people -> Fascism, I can definitely see the link.

I found out through a super nice lady on Flickr sending me a message after recognising the photo, which I find completely baffling.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm glad you found out.

I sent him a message on Facebook, calling him out for his poo poo. Please tell me you used the "Is this your intellectual property?" link on the report form. I know reporting stuff on Facebook is mostly a waste of time, but it's not much time and assholes need to be called out.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I just did the full reporting thing to Facebook, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after looking at his Facebook wall he seems like a terrible person who deserves a little harassment himself.

I figure they'd take copyright infringement fairly seriously as it is something they can be in trouble for, as opposed to someone posting just flat out offensive content.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

365 Nog Hogger posted:

they didn't even do it right, that picture calls for a thin futura and no border/embellishment at all

Futurabros :whatup:

Seriously, Serif fonts go against the whole futurist aesthetic.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Futura is the last font I'd use to glorify fascism. How about Mostra Nuova or a bold serif font of some sort?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Facebook have now deleted the post/image, so thats a positive. The dick-bag who posted it sent me a snivelling reply saying he didn't do it, he got it off tumblr. So I did a reverse image search and came up with a bunch of Neo-Nazis who seem to enjoy the hosed-with image on Tumblr:

http://aryanismorethancolourofskin.tumblr.com/post/72697496050/nature-is-the-ultimate-fascism#notes

84 notes :cripes:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spedman posted:

Facebook have now deleted the post/image, so thats a positive. The dick-bag who posted it sent me a snivelling reply saying he didn't do it, he got it off tumblr. So I did a reverse image search and came up with a bunch of Neo-Nazis who seem to enjoy the hosed-with image on Tumblr:

http://aryanismorethancolourofskin.tumblr.com/post/72697496050/nature-is-the-ultimate-fascism#notes

Bastards! They should be praising Stalin and the Glorious Soviet Union!

And seriously: Man, drat. That sucks.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe you found a niche market for your photography.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
1488photography.com

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

Tumblr responds to DMCA takedown requests as well. https://www.tumblr.com/dmca

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Yep, I'm in the process of putting that request in. And I've found another person who's converted the original to black and white and called it their own on Tumblr too.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

That sucks. He sent me a similar snivelling reply. Stealing it from a Tumblr doesn't count, I guess.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

HPL posted:

1488photography.com

Or maybe landscapes4hate.com

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

HPL posted:

1488photography.com

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for photo autists."

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

HPL posted:

1488photography.com

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

All photos must be shot with gold Swastika Leica's on Agfa film and developed in Rodinal.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Spedman posted:

All photos must be shot with gold Swastika Leica's on Agfa film and developed in Rodinal.

This, except Acros + Rodinal and you can use whatever camera you want.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Guess I'll also drop this here, like a brick. Completely unrelated. Don't probate me SM!

Basically thing is, I have not one ... but two exhibitions upcoming:

Number one, at Totem Pole Gallery, Yoyogi
and...
Number two, at 3rd District, Shinjuku

I guess what I'm saying is, that if you are in the Tokyo area around 24.01.2014 - 16.02.2014 feel free to swing by.
Yeah, I know the second one's URL and poo poo is weird. Also the title is "Un Places", photographers be bad at web stuff yo!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

How do you guys have your work-spaces (or studio spaces) set up? I'm curious to see what they look like.

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world

I'm an iphonographer mate

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

E: Oh yeah, studio space.

Also somebody sell me a used A7 for the same price as the $1300 one I just loving missed on my local craigslist.

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I have a studio

It's full of lights and light modifiers. Also, since I share it with 3 other photographers, baby props.