Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceetee
Feb 14, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Aww man, I kinda wish they added the most interesting transformation card.

http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Ascetic_Aspirant

Most interesting CYCLE you mean. That card is going to have copies in all shards, according to the original article where the revealed him.

Also looks like Bun'jitsu got tweaked, but is still not working. Its now supposed to give 3+combined power and 3+combined toughness but it doesn't. The wording also seems to indicate a bit more clearly that it SHOULD make two of them, not just one.

Things that confuse me though:
Should the abominations keep any enhancements they had before hand, because it never says to revert them?
If you use wild growth, or other 1 turn buff, does it become permanent because the abominations get their stats based on what the P/T was at the time of triggering?
Would command tower, in effect, give a +3 to aboms created from creatures it was already buffing, because the abom would have +1 from each creature used to create it, then the +1 constant bonus from the command tower itself?

All these effects and ambiguities could probably be cleared up rather easily by just having it say "revert and exhaust two target creatures", but thats no where NEAR as fun. If they do that, I hope they at least lower the cost a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaggySan
Dec 4, 2013

Vincent Valentine posted:

p.s.: is anyone having a lot of problems where you play a card, it consumes the resources and then your card just vanishes and nothing happens? It's been happening much much more frequently to me, the last 3 out of 5 games have it happen to me.

This is something our engineers are aware of. It rarely happens, but we believe it's due to a connection problem with the server. If this happens again please make a post detailing what happened before the card vanished on the bug forums http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I haven't seen the vanishing cards thing in a while, most recently, tournament games just never fire, says the game is in progress but I never actually enter a game, and I'm having some sort of weird sync error where the game goes to syncing for 30-45s at the beginning of every turn and it re-adjusts all the cards on the field then goes through and removes then re-adds everything to the graveyard like one card at a time. Eventually this sync process begins taking so much time it's just not worth playing anymore.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Alright I have a stupid question. I'm pretty new to TCG, so excuse me if this is a very very stupid question. I'm also not at home so I can't check my Hex client, but here goes:
there's this Wild card with a 1 cost, if it enters play, you may add 1 resource to your pool. And you can tap it to gain 1/0 on your mana pool.

The way I understand this, is that I effectively have 2 resources after I play this card on turn 1. In the game however, I see 2 green leafy things, but my counter stays on 0/1. Is this correct or is this bugged?

And if this is correct, what is the purpose of that added resource (that you can't use) besides a card like Honeycap?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

beedeebee posted:

Alright I have a stupid question. I'm pretty new to TCG, so excuse me if this is a very very stupid question. I'm also not at home so I can't check my Hex client, but here goes:
there's this Wild card with a 1 cost, if it enters play, you may add 1 resource to your pool. And you can tap it to gain 1/0 on your mana pool.

The way I understand this, is that I effectively have 2 resources after I play this card on turn 1. In the game however, I see 2 green leafy things, but my counter stays on 0/1. Is this correct or is this bugged?

And if this is correct, what is the purpose of that added resource (that you can't use) besides a card like Honeycap?

I assume you're talking about the coyotle guy? He doesn't give a resource, he adds threshold. Threshold is represented by the dots going down the left side of a card under the cost. If there's two dots, you need two threshold(leafy things.) That card is particularly useful in multi color decks, where you need threshold from multiple colors.

If you're playing ruby/wild for example your opening hand may have two ruby shards, one wild shard, the coyote guy and a 3 resource, two wild threshold card.

You play the wild resource, the coyote and you have two wild threshold, 1 resource. Next turn play the ruby shard, tap your coyote and you have 3 resources and two wild threshold which allows you to play your card despite only having one wild shard in your opening hand.

Make sense? You have to think of resources and threshold as different things. It's not like Magic The Gathering where your resources dictate the colors you can play.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The X/Y numbers are your "Ressources". X is how many ressources you have available until the end of the current turn, Y is how many you automatically generate at the start of the turn.
The colored gems are your "Threshold". Threshold isn't used up when playing a card, it just needs to be there.

Cards you play have both a ressource cost that uses up your available ressources and a threshold requirement.
Howling brave allows you to generate 1 ressource for the current turn. It also increases your green Threshold by 1. This allows you to play a card that requires 2 green threshold even if you only played a blue and a wild ressource, plus that card.

e: too slow

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Aha, now I see. Thanks for the replies. I was indeed thinking resources and treshold were the same thing.
So that card isn't really that optimal in a mono-green deck then.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It's necessary if you want to play Fist of Briggadon on your third turn

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tamba posted:

It's necessary if you want to play Fist of Briggadon on your third turn

Heh, somehow looked over this card when I was building my green deck. Will have to add that one and smash stuff. I also really love the Pack Raptor card. Those guys can get powerful fast :iia:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
From the latest update

quote:

Our community has been busy as well, organizing a new tournament that includes both streamers and non-streamers. If you’re an active alpha player, you can take a look and join if you’d like. In addition to bragging rights, the winner will play against Community Manager Shaggy on the HEX Twitch channel! Speaking of Twitch, Shaggy will be playing the winner of the second community-organized Tournament of Streamers 2, Havok, on January 21st at 5 PM Pacific. Make sure to Follow our channel so you don’t miss a single stream from us.
Now that you're one of us Shaggy you better not lose :orks101:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Grim posted:

From the latest update

But what if a goon wins the tournament, who do we root for?

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Stormgale posted:

But what if a goon wins the tournament, who do we root for?

Neither. We have already won when it is nothing but two goons battling for supremacy.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I once played against shaggy, an official cryptozoic employee and when I did I got shard starved and then I got the played-a-card-but-nothing-happens-and-the-card-vanishes-into-the-nether-bug. A coincidence? Hardly.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

p.s. please institute click-and-drag to select multiple dudes for attacking

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

First you share a shaggy dog story then talk about how you wish the game was more of a Drag, really?

For serious is anyone making any good shin-hare decks, I really like the spawn tokens/sacrifice dynamic but I am pretty bad at making something that works?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Stormgale posted:

First you share a shaggy dog story then talk about how you wish the game was more of a Drag, really?

For serious is anyone making any good shin-hare decks, I really like the spawn tokens/sacrifice dynamic but I am pretty bad at making something that works?

short answer: no.

Longer answer: shin'hare are in a really awkward place where they need to work really fast, but can't. Most things that matter need troops to function and by the time you have a(for example) eulogist out, a reliable way to produce battle Hoppers, AND a reliable way to kill them, your opponent has made his gas troll a huge, unstoppable killing machine. Then he burns your eulogist and it was all for naught.

not only does it take just a little too long to get going, there aren't many shin'hare that you can actually afford to lose. You'd think that with a "shin'hare are born to die" aesthetic there would be some that wouldn't hurt you if they get Murdered, but it isn't really the case since you need one to produce them, one to sacrifice them, and one to benefit from sacrificing and if any one part of the chain gets Murdered you're in a really bad place.

There's also a lack of decent removal despite going into blood, just due to the sheer number of cards you HAVE to have in the deck.

Shin'hare decks are getting better and better as patches go out. The most recent patch finally gave some decent control in the form of hop'hiro, but he suffers from getting murdered an awful lot. I think right now shin'hare are the worst decks you can play, but feel like a few sets from now when there are more options to work with they'll be really strong.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

No. I mean, the blood/diamond version seems okay when it gets a perfect draw but that's the closest I've seen to effective and there are only three shin'whatever cards that are actually important to it so I'm not even sure it counts. They just don't seem to have any chance of recovering from extinction or heatwave/keeping up with any random non-rabbit wild deck.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I feel like this game has too much speed in it. Three or four turns and it's clear who is going to win with little room for momentum swings. I'm hoping limited will slow it down, but constructed is turning me right off even more so than constructed in MTG or other games.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Blazing Zero posted:

I feel like this game has too much speed in it. Three or four turns and it's clear who is going to win with little room for momentum swings. I'm hoping limited will slow it down, but constructed is turning me right off even more so than constructed in MTG or other games.

It's just because the constructed pool is small right now. Once we get another set into the mix constructed will be a bit better, but I know exactly how you're feeling right now.

ShaggySan
Dec 4, 2013

Grim posted:

From the latest update

I will do my best to win for you guys. Maybe we should come up with some sort of battle cry I can use?

I once played against shaggy, an official cryptozoic employee and when I did I got shard starved and then I got the played-a-card-but-nothing-happens-and-the-card-vanishes-into-the-nether-bug. A coincidence? Hardly.

I have no idea what your talking about :ssh:

ShaggySan fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 7, 2014

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

New update

http://hextcg.com/patch-820-breakdown/

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

quote:

• Players can now click on the name of a card within the text of another card to see what the referenced card is

Finally! It was kinda of pain for those that created new cards that shuffled into your deck, but you have no idea what those cards did.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

quote:

• Curse of Oblivion now reads: “Choose target opposing card on the chain. Void each other card with the same name from its controller’s deck, graveyard, and hand.”
Wow. Isn't this a hard counter to basically any combo deck?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

pumpinglemma posted:

Well before you just picked it out of their deck before they ever had a chance to cast it. So unless they only had one in their deck, and/or had all copies of it in their hand, this doesn't change much for combo decks. The reason it's arguably better is that you were never guaranteed they would have drawn what you voided.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Is it still too much to ask to be able to chance the default card size when in hand or in play? This game while playable it takes a lot of fun out of the game to constantly have to zoom in and out on cards to remember what it is they do.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

Only if the combo requires two copies of that card.
It is a counter to "I life siphon you twice, now you're dead" though.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
It still shuts down a combo by hitting every copy of the "finisher" card. For combo to work against that it actually needs 2 finishers, and I don't know if the pool is deep enough yet for 2 different finishers to the same combo.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It doesn't void the card that's currently being played, just every other copy of it.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 10, 2014

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

pumpinglemma posted:

It's kind of sad to see how people were using the old version: Make your opponent wait forever while you go through their entire deck and figure out what must be in their hand.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Tamba posted:

It doesn't void the card that currently being played, just every other copy of it.

You are right my reading comprehension fails.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here is Stovetop posted:

Is it still too much to ask to be able to chance the default card size when in hand or in play? This game while playable it takes a lot of fun out of the game to constantly have to zoom in and out on cards to remember what it is they do.

This. I'd really love it if they did something about this.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

It's kind of sad to see how people were using the old version: Make your opponent wait forever while you go through their entire deck and figure out what must be in their hand.

And yeah, this is ridiculous. Glad they changed it.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Any other goons in that challenge series tournament?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

BenRGamer posted:

I wasn't invited, presumably because they are too terrified to face the wrath of Disneyland. :smith:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
It wasn't by invite, you just had to register for it. It's closed now, unfortunately. But there's gonna be a new one next month.

http://hextcgpro.com/organizedplay/

FunnyFatGuy
Jan 15, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

I'm in the tourney, my opponent hasn't msged me yet so I am probably going to win the first round by default. It looks like another 20 people are going to win their first match that way to.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Is it not allowed to sell a pro tier on this site or the official forums? Just asking, not sure if it violates any rules.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

If I had a nickel for every time someone forefeited the moment they see a Countermagic played I would buy an island.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

Countermagic...island.

I see what you did there (;

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

If I had a nickel for every time someone forefeited the moment they see a Countermagic played I would buy an island.

Well, I have to admit, every time I see a Countermagic I get that synching feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

It seems that they're hoping to implement Sealed play in next week's patch. It's not quite draft, but I can go for it. Let's all go have some buggy limited fun.

• Locked thread