Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

There's a guy at Disney who we know that took a direct and hilarious shot at us on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7D3YpRiHqU

Hahah goddamn that's funny.

Squeeeeeeeee.

edit: New page snipeee. Here's the "This is Not The End" song from the Edge of Tomorrow trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eywT-bQhQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

kiimo posted:

There's a guy at Disney who we know that took a direct and hilarious shot at us on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7D3YpRiHqU

Funny. I think that totally works, since it's already the Muppets' brand of humor.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Exec 1: "But.. but we helped so many people! Isn't that what really matters?"

Boss: "...you're fired."

http://www.natureknows.org/2013/12/20th-century-fox-gave-him-25000-to-make.html

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CaptainHollywood posted:

http://www.natureknows.org/2013/12/20th-century-fox-gave-him-25000-to-make.html

This isn't how jobs work so gently caress him. It's good that he helped people if he thought the outcome would be anything other than loosing his job then he's a moron.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

PriorMarcus posted:

This isn't how jobs work so gently caress him. It's good that he helped people if he thought the outcome would be anything other than loosing his job then he's a moron.

I don't think he actually was fired, and it sounds like Fox spent $25k on some pretty good branding efforts, although gently caress Upworthy and Natureknows for their neo-linkbait headlines.

And seriously, what kind of promotional material could you make with so little?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PriorMarcus posted:

He did it in agreement with Fox actually.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/17/casey-neistat-philippines-fox-walter-mitty-promo_n_4460510.html

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

PriorMarcus posted:

Oh I guess that explains your avatar

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

PriorMarcus posted:

So nobody actually watched the video?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Max22 posted:

So nobody actually watched the video?

Just because they agreed to it, doesn't mean they're happy their film flopped.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

Now, if someone had taken the actual budget of Walter Mitty...

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

PriorMarcus posted:

They said here's this money go make a film about living your dream, he said my dream is to go help typhoon victims and they said here's some money go hog wild. What part of that should he be fired for? They knew exactly what they were buying.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
They got exactly what they paid for. The video has more hits than the top 3 results for "Secret Life of Walter Mitty Trailer" combined. They even got some daft posters on one of the biggest internet forums to discuss the video.

A succesful marketing campaign.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Where do you get that Fox was unhappy in any way with the video?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Trump posted:

Where do you get that Fox was unhappy in any way with the video?

I get the idea that Fox is unhappy with the success of Walter Mitty- not this particular video itself.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

CaptainHollywood posted:

I get the idea that Fox is unhappy with the success of Walter Mitty- not this particular video itself.

I can't remember if it was on SA or elsewhere, but a couple of weeks before the release someone made a joke about Fox doing so many free preview screenings that there would be nobody left who wanted to pay to see the film.

Seems to have come true.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

CaptainHollywood posted:

That's nice and irrelevant, thank you.

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-

PriorMarcus posted:

You're throwing the word moron about pretty casually for a boy that cannae spell losing.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

TerryCheesecake posted:

You're throwing the word moron about pretty casually for a boy that cannae spell losing.

Well umm.....you're not doing much better just sayin haha.

Seriously though where did the idea that fox was mad at the guy come from? I'm not seeing anything in any of the links posted that suggested this. Yes Walter Mitty flopped...so? It's not like FOX is going to go back and go "now we're mad about this thing!".

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ApexAftermath posted:

Seriously though where did the idea that fox was mad at the guy come from? I'm not seeing anything in any of the links posted that suggested this. Yes Walter Mitty flopped...so? It's not like FOX is going to go back and go "now we're mad about this thing!".

CaptainHollywood pulled it out of his rear end.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

CaptainHollywood pulled it out of his rear end.

That's what I thought. It was a confusing series of posts to read.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

ApexAftermath posted:

"Cannae" is Scottish slang for "cannot."

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Max22 posted:

"Cannae" is Scottish slang for "cannot."

It has no business here:colbert:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

ApexAftermath posted:

It has no business here:colbert:

Are you saying that no true Scotsman would be posting in this thread? :smug:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ApexAftermath posted:

Not only that but I posted an article that explicitly notes that it was all done with Fox's permission.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another Twitter-filled Muppets trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfLrt90CHM

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Cuban Fury, with Nick Frost, Rashida Jones, Chris O'Dowd, and Ian McShane.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I like all those actors (and Nick Frost really impressed me with his moves in The World's End), but man, does that look forgettable.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Why didn't Rashida Jones have a single line in that trailer? Jesus christ.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

Why didn't Rashida Jones have a single line in that trailer? Jesus christ.

It's actually outright creepy when you realize it. It's like the sexist version of the moment you notice Hannibal Lecter isn't blinking.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
To be fair, if the movie is about Nick Frost pining about her from a distance, never actually talking to her, then it makes sense that that is how the viewer sees her as well. At least I hope that's the reason.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maybe she does a really bad British accent.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

John Dough posted:

To be fair, if the movie is about Nick Frost pining about her from a distance, never actually talking to her, then it makes sense that that is how the viewer sees her as well. At least I hope that's the reason.

That would still be classically sexist. If Rashida Jones' character's existence is predicated upon being an object of someone else's affection, then you have a problem.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

That would still be classically sexist. If Rashida Jones' character's existence is predicated upon being an object of someone else's affection, then you have a problem.

Maybe it'll be like Bedazzled and he'll learn that's not a healthy way to view a woman :shobon:

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
It's weird, the trailer for this I saw for this at the cinema was almost identical except they've cut all of Jones's lines without altering anything else. Like after Frost says the new boss is a woman there's a line of her talking to him. After he hits her car on his bike she asks if he's ok etc etc. The theatrical trailer made it look kinda lame, this makes it look creepy.

Mu Zeta posted:

Maybe she does a really bad British accent.

She's just a new American boss so that isn't the issue.

ReV VAdAUL fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 19, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New trailer for Disney's fairy tale historical revisionism movie Maleficient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG5786fjozY

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, Maleficent actually looks like it could be decent.

New link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWd4fYEEqKs

Deakul fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 27, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Video is down. :arghfist:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is a new trailer, different from the one taken down. I think it's better, and I like Lana Del Rey's version of once Upon A Dream. It reminds me of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the trailer for Dead Space.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, they ran the new "Trailer #2" on the Grammy's last night. At about the minute mark, there's a full-on LOTR battle scene going on for a few seconds.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Deakul posted:

drat, Maleficent actually looks like it could be decent.

I love the cheekbones and makeup they've given Jolie in this.

She looks like she's having a ball chewing the scenery too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Officially now: First trailer for Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rae7_O_6EtU

• Locked thread