Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's like a raccoon shantytown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Batmasterson posted:

Text Mexing is pretty great.

I'm not sure if Chili's To Go exists beyond the confines of an airport

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love that this is back-to-back with Community once again. What a great hour.

I love Lenny.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
AW GEEZ!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Shawna looks familiar.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
dexxxxhrt = birthday mouse

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
= birthday mouse?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pleez Vote 4 Me Hanukkah Bowling

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I could be wrong, I haven't pooped in three days.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Jean Ralphio.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I missed it. Why is Katheryn Hahn in town?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Perd!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Leslie and Ben. :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Brock Samson posted:

I missed it. Why is Katheryn Hahn in town?
Ben got her to talk sense into Leslie about running against Dexhart.

Also people who think this show doesn't still have it can gtfo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I kind of liked this episode, but it's becoming more and more obvious that this is a show that's run out of ideas. For a 100th episode this felt a lot like wheel spinning.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Batmasterson posted:

Text Mexing is pretty great.

I had to pause after this. It loving slayed me.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Shawna looks familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW6SH2bjYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOHraf3LEk

Same Shauna Malwae Tweep as always, but I can't resist any excuse to post these.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'd be down with this show jumping forward a year or 2 for the finale and Leslie being a state senator or something moderately high in the state government and everyone around her are more or less exact copies of the Parks dept staff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

pentyne posted:

I'd be down with this show jumping forward a year or 2 for the finale and Leslie being a state senator or something moderately high in the state government and everyone around her are more or less exact copies of the Parks dept staff.

You think she would not bring them with her?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Putting Leslie in a federal position in a year or two means there could be a crossover with Veep. Wouldn't that be glorious?

But in reality that will never happen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ha, Michael Schur was sitting next to Ben and Leslie at the outdoor cafe in Paris.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I kind of liked this episode, but it's becoming more and more obvious that this is a show that's run out of ideas. For a 100th episode this felt a lot like wheel spinning.

I agree. There were really good jokes here and there, but the episode as a whole wasn't outstanding.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Nate RFB posted:

Ben got her to talk sense into Leslie about running against Dexhart.

Also people who think this show doesn't still have it can gtfo.

Really? Because this was one of the only episodes I haven't liked at all.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Mu Zeta posted:

Ha, Michael Schur was sitting next to Ben and Leslie at the outdoor cafe in Paris.

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. Good way to get a free Paris trip on NBC's dime.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

ashpanash posted:

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. Good way to get a free Paris trip on NBC's dime.

Undoubtedly filmed when the cast was in Europe for the season premiere. So, yay on NBC for footing that plus chunnel transport and another night in hotel.

Agreeing that this was an underwhelming episode with some (occasionally very) good lines, but it was still nice to have it back after the long break.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I thought this episode was pretty solid if not outstanding, but I also couldn't get enough of Cones of Dunshire because Ben letting his nerd flag fly is pretty much my favorite thing.

I feel like there's always a solid-but-unremarkable episode mid-season that sets up the status quo for the second half (Ann's Decision, Citizen Knope, Camping) and I get the feeling that this is the one for this season (depending on what they do with Leslie, but I assume we'll see Ben stepping into being City Manager and Tom starting as Business Liaison as two of the larger plots in the later season.

Although why the Director of Parks and Recreation is appointing a Business Liaison to attract businesses into moving to Pawnee is beyond me. Kind of like why Leslie is unemployed. (I skipped 200 or 300 posts after I fell behind for a few episodes, was that ever sorted out?)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just thought this episode was hysterical. You could have dropped it into the middle of season 3 and I don't think it would have missed a beat (other than the plot threads not lining up).

Leslie isn't unemployed, although they did seem to imply that before. She still has all of her crap in her Parks office. As for Tom, I don't think his liaison thing was something Ron approved but rather just him agreeing with the idea. Tom presumably has to jump through some hoops to actually get that position.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

FadingChord posted:

I feel like there's always a solid-but-unremarkable episode mid-season that sets up the status quo for the second half (Ann's Decision, Citizen Knope, Camping) and I get the feeling that this is the one for this season (depending on what they do with Leslie, but I assume we'll see Ben stepping into being City Manager and Tom starting as Business Liaison as two of the larger plots in the later season.

Do we really need a third underdog election story-arc in a row?

Plus, as mentioned above, it really confused me how, after the last few episodes suddenly driving home how Leslie was going to lose her job along with the council position, they seem to completely ignore that. That was pretty sloppy, especially by P&R standards.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FadingChord posted:

I'd love to see Ben get his own storyline that isn't completely dominated by Leslie but it isn't going to happen.

He's such a non-character these days.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I read this article the other day. I think I'll share it the next time someone asks why I don't really care for BBT.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2014/01/09/261058681/parks-and-recreation-good-for-nerds-good-for-america

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBTA3-Q0ZU

darkerthantheday
Jul 21, 2007
Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!
Was disappointed after the hiatus to watch another Leslie Campaign/Tom business venture story after *literally* just watching their previous efforts end.

Random episodes this season the characters turn into cartoons of themselves, like their wackiness is turned up to 11. Whichever character is onscreen is there just there to say/do something very Ron/Tom/April/Andy/etc. Felt the same way about the last couple seasons of The Office/30 Rock/Always Sunny. At least with P&R there's good chance the next ep will be great, so who knows.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
At least? 30 Rock was good to the very end (and is the better show by far) and Always Sunny dipped for a couple seasons but the last two have at least been entertaining caricatures. The office though, yeah.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd love to see Ben get his own storyline that isn't completely dominated by Leslie but it isn't going to happen.

He's such a non-character these days.

He had Cones of Dunshire and the accounting office and his dinner with Chris so he hasn't been sidelined as badly this season as last. But yeah characters are turning into cliches hard, I am really really tired of Tom alternating between "crappy business" and "girl that Tom thinks is to hot for him" plots.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There were a couple examples of Flanderisation, but it's not like we've gone full Simpsons.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

Rob Lowe looks nonplussed

Nonplussed means "shocked into speechlessness", not "unimpressed".

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Funhilde posted:

I read this article the other day. I think I'll share it the next time someone asks why I don't really care for BBT.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2014/01/09/261058681/parks-and-recreation-good-for-nerds-good-for-america

Thanks for this; I just wish it were longer.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Amy just won the golden globe. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Annakie posted:

Amy just won the golden globe. :3:

Just saw that, awesome for her to get some recognition for her work, she is outstanding in P&R.

• Locked thread