Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

sircozzie posted:

Messi runs in a straight line and the centre back just ran past him and allowed him to shoot.

I kind of think he gets a bye because it's Messi. There's a slight feint towards his left which he completely falls for. Also it's in the 92nd minute. But yeah they're both shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Adulterous Hitler posted:

this reminds me of

Probably my favorite moment from the 11-12 season tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

https://vine.co/v/h3bpqI9VhgA

Roger Johnson gives a lesson in how not to defend.

Falling in a heap on the floor in front of Toure would have been more effective...
Nobody's covering him though. If he commits and fucks up, Toure gets a one-on-one with the keeper. The guy on his right should have been sprinting back to cover him.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Vegetable posted:

Nobody's covering him though. If he commits and fucks up, Toure gets a one-on-one with the keeper. The guy on his right should have been sprinting back to cover him.
Yeah but there has to come a point where you have to stop retreating back to your own goal or you'll give the attacker a laughably easy shot on goal because you've hosed up the angles.

He could've retreated to about the edge of his box but as soon as he saw the line he should've stopped retreating and attacked to force Toure to do something. Sure he might've given away a 1 on 1 but he might've also made him cough the ball up.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Shut the gently caress up you prick, no one cares.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Shut the gently caress up you prick, no one cares.

Please take your own advice, and this is the advice I give to anyone else who isn't post cool and interesting football pictures or videos in this thread. Please test me on this.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BT Sport presenters getting their Snatch on.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hahah loving shocking. Awesome from Bayern too. I cant imagine any English club doing this.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

quote:

Having lost out to his Swansea teammates in a midweek round of ‘Crossbar Challenge’, this is the delightfully pink, butterfly-encrusted, odd-wheeled Suzuki Vitara that Angel Rangel has to pootle around in for the rest of the week in as punishment…

Link

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Hahah loving shocking. Awesome from Bayern too. I cant imagine any English club doing this.

It's not really shocking. It's a totally normal price (sadly). It's great what Bayern are doing though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Eboracum posted:

It's not really shocking. It's a totally normal price (sadly). It's great what Bayern are doing though.

That's not a totally normal price luvd

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Total Meatlove posted:

That's not a totally normal price luvd

£60 for a ticket? How much are Chelsea charging?

FYI it's never cheap, it's not like they're trying to cash in on this one game: http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/non-member-ticket-prices

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The Chelsea Away tickets against Schalke cost €60 so I don't really see the problem.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://vine.co/v/h36qbEVuUtM

bale is cool

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Eboracum posted:

£60 for a ticket? How much are Chelsea charging?

FYI it's never cheap, it's not like they're trying to cash in on this one game: http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/non-member-ticket-prices

We can always bring up the ticket price thread again to show how mental England are.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Somebody's been lurking on TYK watching all the Riquelme videos.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

I can't remember if he successfully fooled the ref with that but I loving hate Ashley Young.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Kaglicious posted:

I can't remember if he successfully fooled the ref with that but I loving hate Ashley Young.

The fact that it's against his old club makes it even funnier.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kaglicious posted:

he was awarded a penalty

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Best part is when he extends his left leg to try to catch the defender's after cutting inside when he realizes that there hasn't been any contact.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
it makes me angrier every time it loops back i can't stand it

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I think at some point you have to admire Young's commitment. No matter how many times he's criticised, no matter how many times he's booked, no matter how obvious it was the last time he attempted it, no matter how reviled he becomes, you can be sure he's going to pick himself up, dust himself off, and try again.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Esposito posted:

I think at some point you have to admire Young's commitment. No matter how many times he's criticised, no matter how many times he's booked, no matter how obvious it was the last time he attempted it, no matter how reviled he becomes, you can be sure he's going to pick himself up, dust himself off, and try again.

I seriously don't understand it, it's worse than making GBS threads yourself on the pitch and he continues to not give a gently caress.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Olewithmilk posted:

I seriously don't understand it, it's worse than making GBS threads yourself on the pitch and he continues to not give a gently caress.

He's most likely been encouraged to do it because it helps them score goals and win points. Pay no mind to whats said in public.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

euroboy posted:

He's most likely been encouraged to do it because it helps them score goals and win points. Pay no mind to whats said in public.
That's pure short termism. Reputations take far longer to shake off than create.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Lucas Leiva - Bringing football clubs together:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
he's a lovely man op

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I get the others but how does he know Zaba? And where are the other Liverpool players?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ravel posted:

I get the others but how does he know Zaba? And where are the other Liverpool players?

It's a South American thing isn't it?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ravel posted:

Assuming its just a South American thing.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Eboracum posted:

It's a South American thing isn't it?

Aspas isn't South American, but either way they're all either Brazilian or play for Liverpool. Zabaleta is a bit random, that's all.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Ravel posted:

Aspas isn't South American, but either way they're all either Brazilian or play for Liverpool. Zabaleta is a bit random, that's all.

Maybe Fernandinho made him go.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Anderson is on the other side of the table eating everyone's leftovers.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Ravel posted:

It's a South American thing, he often has south american footballers at his home, regardless of club. He was very close with Maxi Lopez when he was at Liverpool, he was in his pics all the time. Lucas & Suarez's wives and kids are also very close, they are together like every weekend. Aspas is an outlier but I think it's more because he's probably a bit lonely

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
An Aspas speaks Spanish so he is an honorary white brown

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn