Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Quest For Glory II posted:

They were called screens, it wasn't a ton of checkdown passes. Their offense is generally screens screens screens and screens. You'll get a better idea of Carr's arm this offseason.

If you want to watch Carr in action and see a fun game, see if WatchESPN still has Fresno's loss to SJSU archived. Carr and Fales each threw for over 500 yards and 6 touchdowns. Each. You'll get an idea of the kind of offense Fresno runs and how it's more predicated towards high percentage throws, which makes the stats a little pointless to quantify IMO.

e: I guess it would be CBS Sports Network. Maybe it's not archived then, I dunno.

Hopefully this is kosher, but this guy's got the game at http://noonkick.com/2013-fresno-state-vs-san-jose-state/

Will remove if it's :filez:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I'd still rather have Teddy but yeah I've apparently been a bit too sour on the idea of JFF

:thejoke:

That said, I don't think O'Brien will be drafting him. I just hope he goes to Minnesota and becomes the next Tarkenton.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to guess Cleveland ends up using its first rounder from Indy on either Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Emanuel Collective posted:

And his accuracy falls off a cliff when asked to throw beyond the line of scrimmage. That breakdown makes Carr look really bad.

It really doesn't. According to the article his adjusted completion percentage is 73.59%, which is really really good. He just happens to be running that up against three guys who all had great years. The only thing that I glean from that article is Bortles is better than we think he is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Troy Niklas declared which means there will be a big competition between him, ASJ, and Logan Thomas for freakishly huge athlete who puts up the shittiest numbers.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

It really doesn't. According to the article his adjusted completion percentage is 73.59%, which is really really good. He just happens to be running that up against three guys who all had great years. The only thing that I glean from that article is Bortles is better than we think he is.

His long range and short range accuracy are both suspect and his number appear to drop significantly under pressure. Those are concerns. I think a better statement would be that drafting Carr in the first seems very suspect. He is clearly a high-end project at QB.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm going to guess Cleveland ends up using its first rounder from Indy on either Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde.

It would be hilarious. Just...hilarious.

I guess the Colt's pick is going to be too low to draft Mike Evans but it would have been great to have had him to help Gordon and Cameron out.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sataere posted:

His long range and short range accuracy are both suspect and his number appear to drop significantly under pressure. Those are concerns. I think a better statement would be that drafting Carr in the first seems very suspect. He is clearly a high-end project at QB.

I think he's a solid top 50 pick ala Dalton. He's a dude that teams like the Browns inevitably pick up in the second after burning their top 10 selection on a different position. #1? No. But the people who are acting like he's even in the running for that are panicky Texans fans.

Carr can also be a surprise top 15 pick like Ponder, who I still maintain wasn't that big of a surprise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

It would be hilarious. Just...hilarious.

I guess the Colt's pick is going to be too low to draft Mike Evans but it would have been great to have had him to help Gordon and Cameron out.

I still think they'll take Evans or Watkins at 4 and be the team that bites too early on Aaron Murray.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still think they'll take Evans or Watkins at 4 and be the team that bites too early on Aaron Murray.

Haha, my wish list was to say go for Clowney DE, Evans WR, Bishop Sankey RB, and Aaron Murray as our QB for our first 4 picks. gently caress it man, let's Browns it all the way and go for it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hey friends, just popping in to post my wishlist for the #23 pick, ranked by how much I wish for them:

1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2. Marquise Lee
3. Eric Ebron
4. Alfonzo Dennard
5. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Hey friends, just popping in to post my wishlist for the #23 pick, ranked by how much I wish for them:

1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2. Marquise Lee
3. Eric Ebron
4. Alfonzo Dennard

I am 100% on board with this. You hear me, Dorsey?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gatts posted:

Haha, my wish list was to say go for Clowney DE, Evans WR, Bishop Sankey RB, and Aaron Murray as our QB for our first 4 picks. gently caress it man, let's Browns it all the way and go for it.

That is the most Brownsy draft I can think of except they'd need to trade up in the second for Murray.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

bhsman posted:

That said, I don't think O'Brien will be drafting him. I just hope he goes to Minnesota and becomes the next Tarkenton.
An egomaniac rear end in a top hat who helps promote dangerous new age nonsense and can't stop sticking his nose where it isn't welcome? Sounds about right.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kelvin Benjamin was given a 1st round grade by the NFL and will obviously be declaring.

He's iffy to me. Maybe he can convert to TE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gendo posted:

An egomaniac rear end in a top hat who helps promote dangerous new age nonsense and can't stop sticking his nose where it isn't welcome? Sounds about right.

Coming soon to a health store near you: Manziel's Jaeger Diet

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
So are the main knocks on Mettenberger his knee injury and that he is a pure pocket passer?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DangerKat posted:

So are the main knocks on Mettenberger his knee injury and that he is a pure pocket passer?

Immobile statue that makes bad decisions. His leg injury only added to the pile. Kind of reminds me of Mallett. Hell of an arm.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I wish charts like that would include someone laughably bad like Case McCoy as a baseline.

It's a lot harder to hate on Carr for such high % of behind LOS - 5 yard passes when he's still out-attempting everyone else in 6+ yard passes.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2. Marquise Lee
3. Eric Ebron
4. Alfonzo Dennard

Alfonzo Dennard is going to find new and interesting ways of falling out of the first round this year! (I know you mean Darqueze)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Gendo posted:

Is there anyone or anything you don't hate?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Call of Cholula posted:

Alfonzo Dennard is going to find new and interesting ways of falling out of the first round this year! (I know you mean Darqueze)

God damnit, I actually thought the Dennards were Alphonze and Alphonzo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fauria is a nice red zone target but he is not actually good at football.

Corner and No. 2 wideout are by far the biggest positional needs, followed by another OLB. You never know what weird BPA pick Mayhew might make though, especially at 10.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Vikings won't be drafting a quarterback because they'll be signing Michael Vick.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Can they sign Randy Moss out of retirement too

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Didn't the Patriots do that one year, just sign up whatever washed-up star they could?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Probably Magic posted:

Didn't the Patriots do that one year, just sign up whatever washed-up star they could?

The Patriots 2012 camp roster included Donte Stallworth, Ochocinco, Anthony Gonzolez and Deion Branch. So yeah.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
And they were a second half collapse away from the Superbowl. :argh:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Doltos posted:

Carr can also be a surprise top 15 pick like Ponder, who I still maintain wasn't that big of a surprise.

I'm so glad the Vikings are in prime position to take advantage of the opportunity to pull another Ponderesque reach SO GLAD :negative:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a realistic mock draft out yet for the non-playoff teams? I don't follow college players much

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there a realistic mock draft out yet for the non-playoff teams? I don't follow college players much

No

There won't be for months yet and even then it will be almost completely wrong

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

No

There won't be for months yet and even then it will be almost completely wrong

And then there will be a ton more and a ton more, also terribly wrong, then a couple of days before the draft the guys who have good connections start getting things right.

But honestly that's half the fun and if you want one to look at right now here's one from Sports Illustrated.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The most accurate mocks are always a day before the draft. Some even get the trades right.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mock drafts are fun because I can fantasize about uber teams of players from College Teams I like.

Real Drafts suck because Manziel is going to the Browns.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

And then there will be a ton more and a ton more, also terribly wrong, then a couple of days before the draft the guys who have good connections start getting things right.

But honestly that's half the fun and if you want one to look at right now here's one from Sports Illustrated.

I like the Texans pick in this one at least :shobon:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PrinceRandom posted:

Real Drafts suck because Manziel is going to the Browns.

If he falls past the Browns, I bet he goes mid to late first.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who is bortles and does he look as weird as his name sounds?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Who is bortles and does he look as weird as his name sounds?

Based on GIS he's a little top heavy for an NFL QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
UCF quarterback, getting a ton of buzz recently. Big arm, good size, threw for lots of yards and TDs for UCF. He looks like this but you have to look through the GIS results to get this because his girl is hot:

• Locked thread