Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Well you shat on a part of the community here by calling out newer spurs fans
You then shat on anyone who likes stats as people who don’t get soccer or are ruining it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I would imagine that if yor remove Liverpool’s 5-0 against us, 4-1 West Ham, 5-1 Norwich, 4-0 Fulham, and 4-1 West Brom that their top4% would diminish dramatically.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I've run the numbers and ΔT4 is only positive for a fraction of the league, but it doesn't correlate to the SiBoT Diff making the DZoT Diff an interesting rate that reflects the structural anomaly of the bouncebackability that seems to dominate the possession turnover, at least in my Italian view of football.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

tetsman posted:

I've run the numbers and ΔT4 is only positive for a fraction of the league, but it doesn't correlate to the SiBoT Diff making the DZoT Diff an interesting rate that reflects the structural anomaly of the bouncebackability that seems to dominate the possession turnover, at least in my Italian view of football.

Did you remember to adjust for final third entry solidification?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I love how there's no key in that article so the entire table is total nonsense unless you follow through to one of the other articles and even there, a couple of the terms aren't explained and he's presumably explained them in a post which he doesn't bother linking to.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
How bored is that dude when the match is actually on? He's just waiting for the numbers at the end. gently caress off and die.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Holy poo poo I just clicked that link and it's just so bad

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

T. Finninho posted:

How bored is that dude when the match is actually on? He's just waiting for the numbers at the end. gently caress off and die.

I imagine the people who do sabremetrics get some passive enjoyment out of the game...I hope

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/fan/22665.html

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

He's got a point.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

my eyes...rolling back into head...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinjaSteve posted:

He's got a point.

Why doesn't he just support all the teams? He's missing out.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

blue footed boobie posted:

Why doesn't he just support all the teams? He's missing out.

Because West Ham or St. Pauli are never going to win anything of importance?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinjaSteve posted:

Because West Ham or St. Pauli are never going to win anything of importance?

Yeah but he's covered if they do.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

@Moyes_Must_Go

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

"Duncan Ferguson [...] It could be argued that he had a suspect temperament."

:lol: That applies in so many different ways.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Wrong thread, this guy is an amazing troll.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Duck_Dinasti
As a lifelong US Soccer fan, I could have almost cried with the announcement that Michael Bradley, in my view currently among the top 10 midfielders in the world may move to Toronto FC. But I understand that there is zero respect for American players in Europe, and he needs playing time to keep that US midfield solid heading into Brazil. Now, we'll have Dempsey, Donovan and Bradley all at home in the MLS. Make no mistake about it fans, Toronto switching to a grass pitch had a lot to so with these players' decisions. This is like the Lakers landing Shaq and Kobe in 1 scoop. A Defoe-Bradley Combo puts TFC as favourites to win it all. Forget the hype and big names, Defoe is the best English player period. I'd be super excited if I was a TFC fan.

APapas
@Duck_Dinasti u honestly think Bradley is among the top 10 mids in the world??? Very lofty assessment...

Duck_Dinasti
@APapas He absolutely is. As a club player, he may not be a top 200, but at the national team level, he is. If you want a sample, watch a video of the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa where USA beats Spain 2-0. He single handedly foiled every Spanish attack and created both goals. Just watch the guy's highlight reel. His IQ on the pitch is amazing. But it would be a sin to suggest he's top 10 because he's American and not European or South American. On merit an ability, he absolutely is.

Duck_Dinasti
Important to understand a guy like Michael Bradley or North American players in general playing in Europe. They are facing bias (because we're not supposed to play at the level of Europeans) and are always having to prove themselves a bit extra, and are binded to perform within a set system. But a guy like Bradley, when he plays for the USA, he plays at a whole different level, because he has the freedom to create and have an input. Guys, this combination is pure deadly, and TFC folks are super smart, they didn't just pick this out of the hat. Bradley is the master passer (94.5% passing rate), especially of sudden picture perfect long balls, and who else would u want at the end of that other than Defoe ? Wow. It all Defoe needs, someone to get him the ball at the right place and time.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Duck_Dinasti

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mods rename me the master passer 94.5%

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/januzaj-vs-18-year-old-ronaldo.382302/

This entire thread.

"18 yo Januzaj vs 18 yo Ronaldo"

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Rycalawre posted:

https://twitter.com/HalfPriceHoolis

An amazing twitter account about spackers pretending to be casuals.

https://twitter.com/CHAOSCREW_NCFC

Is this BSE?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

How did you filter it to only show the Januzaj is better posts?

quote:

Januzaj will develop into a player who doesn't score as much, more of a 20 goals and 10 assists (20 I hope) a season guy

sassassin fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 13, 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

sassassin posted:

How did you filter it to only show the Januzaj is better posts?

You can't sadly.

ItsAmy4Ever147 posted:

I said during the game that he's the best 18 year old I've ever seen. I don't recall Messi being this good. Ronaldo certainly wasn't. My dad said Giggs which is probably fair but I didn't see 18 year old Giggs.

I can't see Januzaj turning out to be as good as Ronaldo, but then I never thought Ronaldo could turn out that good.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

such a hard man naming his dog cuddles

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
You do all realise thats a parody yeah?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Sturridge is better than Torres ever was for us. He is more proflific and his all round game is much better than Torres' game. Fernando was great, but Sturridge is better.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Eboracum posted:

Sturridge is better than Torres ever was for us. He is more proflific and his all round game is much better than Torres' game. Fernando was great, but Sturridge is better.

I guess Mourinho said that.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Eboracum posted:

Lol Jesus Christ

Tbf it's easy to forget how incredible Torres was, I've only in the last six months started to consider Suarez better

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I don't think that's an absurd discussion to have at all tbh

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Paperhouse posted:

I don't think that's an absurd discussion to have at all tbh

It's not really the discussion itself, it's the replies within.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

pissy smelliott posted:

Lol Jesus Christ

Tbf it's easy to forget how incredible Torres was, I've only in the last six months started to consider Suarez better

People are still salty over how he handled his departure. He was unfuckingbelievable for us

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm going to remove that tag and claim this fantastic photo as my own. Women will want me men will want to be me.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
The fact is that Suarez has been the best player in the League but (regardless of him loving our club around) Rooney has been exceptional in playing in a team where the football has been awful but he still produces assists and goals in abundance. Also Suarez has never had to drop deep and play in midfield to try and rescue games like Rooney has. Say what you want about Rooney wanting to leave (and he may still yet) but he has been up there this season and has single handedly pulled us through games in a way I don't think Suarez could (without a functioning team behind him). Simply put we are in possession of a player who has probably been the best player in the last ten years of the Premiership (obviously Ronaldo is better but taking into account years spent in England), yet we fail to recognise this in light of Suarez and his doing well for a team clearly on the up and who Rodgers has done an exceptional job with.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Kill all Man United fans.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

oh em gee bee ess posted:

I imagine the people who do sabremetrics get some passive enjoyment out of the game...I hope

I do love me some stats because I'm a big nerd but it's an almost entirely separate thing from how I enjoy watching football like a normal person.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Paul Gardner Allen will put in a bid to buy Saints.

Who?

Paul Gardner Allen, one of the world's richest men and co-founder with Bill Gates of global software giant Microsoft.

In 2007 A source close to Allen said he 'believes there is long-term investment value in UK soccer. He added: 'Southampton is a sleeping giant, a family-supported club with traditional values, and we see the value in taking the brand global.'

Come on Microsoft Man this is your chance.

------------

Yeah Mr Microsoft, make our club Windows 8.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier-league/spurs-efforts-halt-arsenals-draxler-acquisition-vain,50891.html#sthash.XOEO7kQv.dpuf

quote:

The Gunners’ Premier League title bid is thriving on a mix of Wengerian ideals and vorsprung durch technic at present and they’re as short as 1/5 to beat Fulham in their next league assignment.

vorsprung durch technic