Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Shut up and :justpost:, you nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Fair enough, let me put it this way:

I think there are two types of viewers here; those that knew immediately what the makeup of the image was and those who were confused for a minute.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
IM SO ANGRY ABOUT UNFUNNY OPTICAL ILLUSIONS.

narfanator
Dec 16, 2008

It's a Picasso face. Which are, AFAIK, intended to convey motion in a static medium; Picasso's faces could be considered a single picture of what you see when someone is turning their head. This is that, but done using photorealism - it's a single, static image that "conveys" what you "see" when the guy turns to look at you, or away.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

I don't get it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Jan 11, 2014

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That Native American is :smug: as gently caress.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

dialhforhero posted:

That Native American is :smug: as gently caress.

He like "Haha, we the only ones here not aliens"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rugrats. Even their official merchandise looks psychotic.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=372755

quote:

Thieves have been stealing the 420 mile marker sign so often, the state's transportation department has changed it to "419.99" in an effort to try and stop the problem.
"So this is our way to test it out. So far it's working," said Amy Ford, a spokesperson with the Colorado Department of Transportation. "It's a traffic safety thing. It's a helpful thing to have these sings on the road. But people kept ripping them off."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Wow, that's pretty lovely. Making the Indians sit at the kiddie table.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

CzarChasm posted:

Wow, that's pretty lovely. Making the Indians sit at the kiddie table.

I think it was because the settlers thought they had savage table manner. :rimshot:

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Jan 11, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

They are if you hollowed out a bigger person's foot to wear

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

A new generation of Sharks have Feet is born.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

No, Patrick, feet are not shoes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Jaden smith opened a shoe store?

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Hell, I'd rather have the 419.99 sign, just because it's hilarious that they had to do that.

The solution is to put a little box below and fill it with paper copies of the sign.

"Please don't steal our sign. Have a copy!"

Will work like a charm.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Naylenas posted:

Hell, I'd rather have the 419.99 sign, just because it's hilarious that they had to do that.

The solution is to put a little box below and fill it with paper copies of the sign.

Will work like a charm.

Yeah, I drove across country going this way recently and while a 420 sign would have been cool, I definitely would have taken this if I noticed it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

They wouldn't even fit.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Naylenas posted:

Will work like a charm.

Yeah, because people who've gone through the trouble to drive out there with tools are definitely going to be satisfied with something they could do at their local FedEx Office. :jerkbag:

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

KnifeWrench posted:

Yeah, because people who've gone through the trouble to drive out there with tools are definitely going to be satisfied with something they could do at their local FedEx Office. :jerkbag:

The free market solution is to set up a stand there that sells the real metal signs.

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.

Naylenas posted:

Will work like a charm.

Or they could go the route this poor village in Austria did

They've started welding the signs to the posts and have set up CCTV cameras to discourage theft.

Preview Edit:

Mike the TV posted:

The free market solution is to set up a stand there that sells the real metal signs.
One of the people in the village apparently started selling t-shirts that said "I love loving in Austria" but had to stop after the other villagers started yelling at him in the streets.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, that loving sign? Yeah, that's my loving sign. Don't ask how I got it.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
There's a wee place in north-east Scotland called Lost. They started putting the sign on a 10 foot pole to stop people nicking it.

Trevor Weedheart
Jan 9, 2009

naruto headband rockin ice niggas
STOP loving EXPLAINING poo poo AND ASKING FOR EXPLANATIONS. IF YOU GET THE URGE TO, GO TAKE YOUR AUTISM PILLS. OR SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE THROAT

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Trevor Weedheart posted:

STOP loving EXPLAINING poo poo AND ASKING FOR EXPLANATIONS. IF YOU GET THE URGE TO, GO TAKE YOUR AUTISM PILLS. OR SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE THROAT

I don't get it

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor Weedheart posted:

COMMUNICATION IS DUMB. BEING INTERESTED IN THINGS MEANS YOU HAVE A MENTAL DISORDER. ALSO, IT MAKES ME COOL TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WITH MENTAL DISORDERS. ALSO, SUICIDE IS A JOKE TOO JUST LIKE I AM. I HOPE I DIE IN AN INDUSTRIAL WOODCHIPPER THAT IS ON FIRE AND FALLING OFF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING INTO A SHARK'S MOUTH.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
If you sort of squint and turn your head it looks like a duck.

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Named after American war hero Dick Bong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bong

quote:

On June 12, 1942, Bong flew very low over ("buzzed") a house in nearby San Anselmo, the home of a pilot who had just been married. He was cited and temporarily grounded for breaking flying rules, along with three other P-38 pilots who had looped around the Golden Gate Bridge on the same day.[1] For looping the Golden Gate Bridge, for flying at low level down Market Street in San Francisco and for blowing the clothes off of an Oakland woman's clothesline, Bong was reprimanded by General George C. Kenney, commanding officer of the Fourth Air Force, who told him, "If you didn't want to fly down Market Street, I wouldn't have you in my Air Force, but you are not to do it any more and I mean what I say."

(It's not really exit 420 :ssh:)

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I feel like there must be a happy medium somewhere in this thread

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Diabetes By Sundown posted:

(It's not really exit 420 :ssh:)

No poo poo :thejoke:

(Also it really should be :colbert:)

skubs
Oct 20, 2012

Dildo, Newfoundland.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

If you sort of squint and turn your head it looks like a duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

I'd love to see what the baby of that thing and a tawny frogmouth would look like.
All mouth and a pair of stubby wings...

• Locked thread