Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Riptor posted:

Reading entire pages of a thread sure seems like something you don't enjoy though

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
How many more divorce related suicide jokes does Dana Gould need to make before we should genuinely be concerned?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I read the thread and found the JJH episode recommended to be highly enjoyable. ****, would listen again.

It's my first non-Nerdist, Smodcast, or Earwolf podcast. I just haven't explored much outside those. Guess I should, but I'm already falling behind on my usuals.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

tnimark posted:

How many more divorce related suicide jokes does Dana Gould need to make before we should genuinely be concerned?

Ouch, that's a horrible way to find out a new Dana Gould dropped. Hope he's okay.

Has anyone listened to Dana's latest album? I've enjoyed his albums but I don't know how much material in this one is new.

Didn't see any mention of it in the Stand-Up thread.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Production posted:

SF Sketchfest schedule is up, anyone going?

I went for the first time last year and all the shows I caught were amazing. Superego and Thrilling Adventure Hour will be back, and I assume they'll get some great unannounced guests who happen to be in town for other shows. PFT and James Adomian were in a lot of the shows, and somehow James Urbaniak showed up at every single one I saw, along with some more surprising ones like Colin Hanks doing Superego and Doug Benson doing readings from Pete and Pete scripts. It's a really fun time if you listen to too many podcasts.

I definitely plan to take in a few shows, but the Stand-Up thread might be a better place to discuss it. (Though there are a number of live podcast shows, to be fair!)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

urk the quack posted:

Has anyone listened to Dana's latest album? I've enjoyed his albums but I don't know how much material in this one is new.
There's some recycled stuff (John Lennon loving insects, incoming!),but it's clear as a bell that he must have been going through some divorce stuff while writing, it gets jaw-droppingly ugly and dark at times.

That's a compliment. It's absolutely worth listening to.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

De Nomolos posted:

I read the thread and found the JJH episode recommended to be highly enjoyable. ****, would listen again.

It's my first non-Nerdist, Smodcast, or Earwolf podcast. I just haven't explored much outside those. Guess I should, but I'm already falling behind on my usuals.

Have you given The Bugle a try? It's my favoritest. :allears:

(Judge John Hodgman is second. Third place is a confusing tie between three or four others.)

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I posted another episode of Lou Reads for those who care.

Lou Reads Black Friday Nightmares from AskReddit.

I hope you enjoy it.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

King Lou posted:

I posted another episode of Lou Reads for those who care.

Lou Reads Black Friday Nightmares from AskReddit.

I hope you enjoy it.

Yessssssss!

I love new Lou days.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Put Your Hands Together W/ Cameron Esposito Live from UCB LA
Featuring Anthony Jeselnik, Paul F Tompkins, Matt Braunger, Kyle Kinane, Bobcat Goldthwait, Ron Funches, Howard Kremer, Brendon Small, Karen Kilgariff & more!

You can watch in 3 minutes!

https://event.laffster.com/pyht

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Trujillo posted:

Put Your Hands Together W/ Cameron Esposito Live from UCB LA
Featuring Anthony Jeselnik, Paul F Tompkins, Matt Braunger, Kyle Kinane, Bobcat Goldthwait, Ron Funches, Howard Kremer, Brendon Small, Karen Kilgariff & more!

You can watch in 3 minutes!

https://event.laffster.com/pyht

I missed a bunch of it. How do I see it all? Please tell me it'll be posted in its entirety on YouTube or something!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

I missed a bunch of it. How do I see it all? Please tell me it'll be posted in its entirety on YouTube or something!

I assume it'll be an episode of the PYHT podcast. There was nothing you'd miss by only being able to listen to it.

I was a bit disappointed that PFT's set was Advice From The Probably Dead bits that he'd already done on his show/podcast, but I don't know if that's fair or not. If he had done standup that I'd heard before I wouldn't have been disappointed. Hm.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The most recent Hollywood Handbook with Brian Huskey might be the best yet. If you haven't heard it, it's a good one to start with.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
For those of you who enjoyed my appearance on JJGO a few weeks back, here's some stand-up of me talking about Hobbit Coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1gPKwyw70

Asterios fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 10, 2014

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
So I just got an email from Earwolf (apparently I subscribe to their newsletter? huh.) that said Never Not Funny is moving to their network and will be entirely free. Neato.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Asterios posted:

For those of you who enjoyed my appearance on JJGO a few weeks back, here's some stand-up of me talking about Hobbit Coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMUIK1MqyQ

Private Video?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Binowru posted:

So I just got an email from Earwolf (apparently I subscribe to their newsletter? huh.) that said Never Not Funny is moving to their network and will be entirely free. Neato.

Oh, cool. I actually just noticed NNF on their site today when I went to check out Horatio's drawings from CBB. Just the last few free eps are there (and I grabbed Scott's new one.) I was actually planning to look up how much NNF costs now that I'm making marginally more than a pittance.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

soggybagel posted:

Private Video?

Ugh, yes, I'm stupid. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1gPKwyw70

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

At what point do I get to complain about the guests on The Todd Glass Show without feeling like a jackass?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know this sounds really dumb but I think Todd needs to do a reboot of his podcast or something

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I can't believe anyone listens to the Todd Glass Show regularly, rather than only downloading epis with either Adomian or Tompkins, skipping an hour in and stopping when you get bored.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There was a brief, shining moment where The Todd Glass Show had at least five separate bits that were probably the funniest thing you've ever heard in your life in a single episode. And then the show decided to dedicate itself to the discussion of hotel comforters for three episodes straight.

It was never the same again.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I've skipped the last 7 or 8 episodes. I downloaded the new one because I love me some Blake Wexler freakouts, but from the discussion I'm assuming it's not worth the 3 hours?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

caligulamprey posted:

There was a brief, shining moment where The Todd Glass Show had at least five separate bits that were probably the funniest thing you've ever heard in your life in a single episode. And then the show decided to dedicate itself to the discussion of hotel comforters for three episodes straight.

It was never the same again.

I would rather listen to an entire episode of hotel comforters than hear another minute of him talk about why the Redskins need to change their name.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm this person vvvv

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can't believe anyone listens to the Todd Glass Show regularly

It's one where he'll tell you that you can fast-forward the first ~hour, if you feel like checking out something shorter. I enjoyed Blake per usual; he did a great job running the podcast for a few while Todd went to the bathroom, and there was some nice Tom Leykis cacaphony.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Jen Kirkman and Chris Fairbanks are also really funny on the Todd Glass show, I'd recommend listening to their episodes in addition to James Adomian and P F Thompkins.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

When Rory Scovel, James Adomian, Jen Kirkman, or PFT are on it's probably my favorite podcast. I must've listened to the Rory Scovel and James Adomian eps like a dozen times each by now. But then every other episode is a total pass for me.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
If there was somewhere else I could listen to Henry Phillips, I would go there. But for now, the Todd Glass show is the best source of Henry Phillips there is.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

wafflesnsegways posted:

If there was somewhere else I could listen to Henry Phillips, I would go there. But for now, the Todd Glass show is the best source of Henry Phillips there is.

Have you watched Henry's Kitchen? It is the best

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
It sure is.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

When Rory Scovel, James Adomian, Jen Kirkman, or PFT are on it's probably my favorite podcast. I must've listened to the Rory Scovel and James Adomian eps like a dozen times each by now. But then every other episode is a total pass for me.
And I don't want to take away the fact that the first, say, 30+ episodes (which is basically the Todd and Rory Show anyway) are 100% essential listening, even when they stretch to 3 hours a piece.

Why was there a mass exodus from the show anyway?

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 11, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Al! posted:

Jen Kirkman and Chris Fairbanks are also really funny on the Todd Glass show, I'd recommend listening to their episodes in addition to James Adomian and P F Thompkins.

Everyone should listen to the Fairbanks episode of Walking the Room.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

Everyone should listen to the Fairbanks episode of Walking the Room.

He was just on Go Bayside, too, and was fantastic as always.

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Todd does great with a high-energy guest who's maybe a little better at keeping things on the rails, but it can get a little dicey with only Todd behind the wheel.

There was a great moment on his Getting Doug with High appearance (with Sarah Silverman) where Doug Benson said he knew he had to "have [Todd] on with somebody else, so he'll shut up every once in a while."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You guys ever seen the Modern Comedian with Todd Glass throwing a dinner party? If you like cringe humor, you'll love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtBujEncAg

bartok
May 10, 2006

I've seen Todd Glass perform twice. The first time he opened for Sarah Silverman at a decent sized theater and blew her away. The second time he headlined a comedy club and was awful. He had this video presentation before the show started about proper conduct during the show. It wasn't comedic in anyway and kinda killed the mood. Later during his set some lady was talking to someone sitting next to her and Todd proceeds to go on a verbal tirade against her to the point that she leaves the club crying.

I still like Todd Glass so I hope I just caught him on an off night.

Anyway I started listening to Comedy Bang! Bang! last year and I was wondering if there were any podcast that are just as silly? I am kinda sick of the whole several comedians sit around and shoot the poo poo style of podcast and want something wackier so to say.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
I love The Flophouse. 40 percent destroying lovely movies, 60 percent hilarious riffing, 0 percent talking to comedians about working in comedy. Two of the three hosts are writers at the daily show, although it doesn't come up much on the show.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

bartok posted:

Anyway I started listening to Comedy Bang! Bang! last year and I was wondering if there were any podcast that are just as silly? I am kinda sick of the whole several comedians sit around and shoot the poo poo style of podcast and want something wackier so to say.
Check out the Bone Zone, it's one of my favorites now. It started off as just comedians sitting around and talking about whatever, but in the last year or so it's evolved into just nonstop goofiness. For some of the best episodes, check out the one with Rory Scovel and any with Johnny Pemberton/Melissa Villasenor.

What'd everyone think of the audio quality on the latest Bone Zone by the way? I thought it sounded great through most of the middle part but the very beginning and end must have had some Skype issues.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

bartok posted:

Superego! sounds like it's right up your alley. Possibly You Look Nice Today as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Superego is the best. It's hard to recommend though because it's on indefinite hiatus (which I kind of think will end up being permanent) and even when it wasn't they only came out with like 6 episodes a year, and only the latest season is free. It's the best season to be fair, but season 2 was pretty great.

Also The Todd Glass Show, at its best, is about as silly as it gets. But it's also hard to recommend for the reasons that have already been discussed above. I'd say just listen to all the Rory Scovel episodes in order, then any episode with James Adomian or PFT or Jen Kirkman or Chelsea Peretti and whoever else strikes your fancy. Off the top of my head I recall the Greg Proops, Pete Holmes and Kulap Vilaysack episodes being good as well. The first like 20-40 minutes of every episode is Todd responding to listener emails and/or ranting, so you may want to skip that part.

If Scott Aukerman isn't on TTGS soon I may just strangle them both. They even talked about it when Todd was on CBB last! Argh.

• Locked thread