Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

It works, but it's pretty bad. I put enough mods into it to get it to like 30-35% and when it procs it forces your dude to flail his weapon around like an idiot for a while. And it can continue to proc making the animation even longer.

Basically once the auto-block activates, it will keep blocking until there's nothing to block. Manual blocking works the same way. You can cancel it with a melee attack I think, but randomly getting stuck in block animation in the middle of doing cool ninja poo poo is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
New Vay Hek is a giant turkey.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Denzine posted:

New Vay Hek is a giant turkey of DEATH.

Death turkey. I love his extendo-neck thing. It's terrifying.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Could anyone invite me to the PS4 clan? PSN name Kerdude

Thanks bros

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 12, 2014

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

AttackBacon posted:

Death turkey. I love his extendo-neck thing. It's terrifying.

He still has his shotgun :3:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ok so I recall hearing all about the Gorgon being a gun that was awesome, got removed from the market and then got hit by nerfbats but was still awesome. Is this still the case? I ask this because the bp just fell into my lap as daily reward.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming

quote:

- Clicking mouse "thumb button" no longer acts as ESC in menus (due to conflicts with keyboard macros).

Well that's some serious bullshit, since they haven't let me rebind the key, just removed something that made menu navigation significantly easier.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Is there anything to go to after using the Soma? This thing is seriously too great and overshadows every other weapon in the game. I'm on PS4 so no Penta and beyond

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Mindblast posted:

Ok so I recall hearing all about the Gorgon being a gun that was awesome, got removed from the market and then got hit by nerfbats but was still awesome. Is this still the case? I ask this because the bp just fell into my lap as daily reward.

Eh. It's okay, I guess. Soma is better in every way.

The Duggler posted:

Is there anything to go to after using the Soma? This thing is seriously too great and overshadows every other weapon in the game. I'm on PS4 so no Penta and beyond

The Synapse does a few thousand more DPS when maxed, but it's got a much more limited range. The Ignis is significantly lower single-target DPS, but it's got a hilariously massive aoe and can somewhat pierce walls, so it's pretty cool for when you want to point vaguely towards a thing and have it stop being a problem.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
How do I get the game to remember that I changed the mods on an item? 9 times out of 10 I will change something, go do a mission, and check and see that its exactly as it was before I made a change.

It's really obnoxious.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Mistikman posted:

How do I get the game to remember that I changed the mods on an item? 9 times out of 10 I will change something, go do a mission, and check and see that its exactly as it was before I made a change.

It's really obnoxious.

That bug's been around for a while now. They keep saying they've fixed it in patch notes, but it's never quite completely fixed. Basically, you just have to roll the dice and hope.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mindblast posted:

It's not so much that it's not awesome but every main weapon is inferior to the Soma and the Soma is very similar to the Gorgon.

Soma fires faster, has ten more rounds in it's magazine and reloads 1.2 seconds faster, 10 base damage vs the Goron's 25 but crucially has 30% crit, 300% base crit damage and 2V polarity slots. That's the highest crit chance and base crit damage for any rifle in the game except the Synapse which has 20M range limit, 1/3 lower crit damage and inferior electric damage type.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I finally finished my frost prime and I dont have any reactors or plat to buy any :negative:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So the Drakgoon with a Nova's molecular prime is loving hilariously over the top.

I don't even bother to aim when fighting anymore. I just orient my character in the general direction of a group of enemies, hit molecular prime, then click three times and listen to the screams of horror as everything explodes.

I need to see if there's a punch through mod for shotguns. Slotting a catalyst in the thing and that will probably do horrific stuff.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Archonex posted:

So the Drakgoon with a Nova's molecular prime is loving hilariously over the top.

I don't even bother to aim when fighting anymore. I just orient my character in the general direction of a group of enemies, hit molecular prime, then click three times and listen to the screams of horror as everything explodes.

I need to see if there's a punch through mod for shotguns. Slotting a catalyst in the thing and that will probably do horrific stuff.

There is, though it's exceptionally rare. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, and it costs as much as the rifle penetration mod.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
It's called Seeking Force and like the pistol and rifle punch through mods it costs 10 points at base level which is a load of poo poo. It also only drops off of Grineer Powerfists so good luck getting it I guess.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

The Duggler posted:

See if your clan has the Synapse or Ignis researched up.

* The Synapse, in the Dojo Bio Lab, is basically a clone of the Soma that has an artificially short range (20m max), and only deals Electric damage. However, it has an even higher crit rate than Soma, so a crit-oriented build will end up doing more damage than the Soma. Also, it has a continuous trigger, so no spool-up like the Soma. It's good on its own against Corpus, and throwing in a poison damage mod to make it Corrosive makes it effective against Grineer as well.

* The Ignis, in the Dojo Chem Lab, is interesting -- it's a flamethrower that deals continuous damage in a 20m-long cone. The damage is a bit low, so it's poor against bosses; however, it ignores all cover, and hits everyone in the cone at the same time, so it's FANTASTIC for taking out big groups of enemies moving in a swarm. It's basically the ultimate anti-Infested weapon. (Also pairs very well with a Vauban using Vortex.)

Once PS4 starts catching up with the PC, get the Penta and Drakgoon.

e: You mentioned having the Soma, which means you're at least mastery 6. If you're 8 or above, you might consider building the Embolist as well, which is basically the Ignis except in pistol form and doing Toxin damage.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 12, 2014

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Archonex posted:

Drakgoon has innate punch-through on charge attacks. Just throw in a Shotgun Spazz, it will increase your DPS, lets you shoot off charge attacks as fast as regular attacks, and is way easier to get.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Somebody who can invite on the PS4 clan should invite SAzzanadra before I get bored and go back to the PC, I'm running out of patience for dealing with PS4 pubbies

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I would also like an invite so that I actually feel like playing this game instead of quitting due to useless pubbies PSN Kerdude

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I'd still like an invite to the PS4 troop as well, please - PSN: trapper700

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
So what do I do when I hit 30 on something? i'm confused. I know there's an item that resets you to 1, but why is that a good idea?

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Huntsekker posted:

So what do I do when I hit 30 on something? i'm confused. I know there's an item that resets you to 1, but why is that a good idea?

It lets you change a polarity slot on a gun or frame, so you can potentially get cards to use less points up.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Huntsekker posted:

Polarities reduce the cost of a card by half rounded up. On the aura slot it increases the aura bonus by double.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Huntsekker posted:

So what do I do when I hit 30 on something?
Find something new to level up. :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Yep, find new stuff to level; alternately, if you've found a weapon that you REALLY like, but don't have enough room for all the mods you want, then use a Forma to change one of the mod slot's polarities (at the cost of resetting it to lv1) and level it back up.

And, honestly: if you have enough room for all the mods you want, then your mods aren't high level enough. :)

On a side note, I finally got a Stormbringer mod tonight in a Tier 1 Void Capture. Thank god.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
So I haven't played this in quite a while. I expect that my account will most likely be reset, with plenty of Plat left over, and I want to get my account ready for the PS4 transfers. What are the top Warframes/Weapons to have these days? Is the Rhino still the most baller? Is Nyx's mass mind control still wonderfully OP?

Oh nope, look at that: I still have everything I had. That said, I do have almost 1,400 plat I need to spend, as that won't transfer over.

Dr. Bonertron fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 12, 2014

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Frocious posted:

So I haven't played this in quite a while. I expect that my account will most likely be reset, with plenty of Plat left over, and I want to get my account ready for the PS4 transfers. What are the top Warframes/Weapons to have these days? Is the Rhino still the most baller? Is Nyx's mass mind control still wonderfully OP?

Oh nope, look at that: I still have everything I had. That said, I do have almost 1,400 plat I need to spend, as that won't transfer over.

Load up on Potatoes and Jiggies. Sentinels (especially carrier) wouldn't be a bad buy either.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Oro (Earth): Enemy Turncoat Located - 44m - 3800cr - Avalon Excalibur Helmet (Blueprint)

Edit: I've been goofing off with this game for about a week now and it's pretty damned addicting. Look at how well trained I've become, to remind other people to play.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

ullerrm posted:

On a side note, I finally got a Stormbringer mod tonight in a Tier 1 Void Capture. Thank god.

I didn't know you could get it there. Any idea what dropped it?

Mr. Lego
Dec 13, 2003
Remember those Legos you used to play with as a child? Well, I'm the guy who came up with the idea of Legos in the first place.
Hey all. I need an invite please, psn name is kistoga.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

sleeptalker posted:

I didn't know you could get it there. Any idea what dropped it?
He might have gotten it from a storage container, as those in the void can just drop random mods.

I actually managed to get one to drop from a Ballista yesterday, which surprised the hell out of me.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 12, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Frocious posted:

In this order:

Weapon and frame expansion slots
Carrier sentinel
All of the 75 plat frames if you don't have any
Potatoes
Forma
Cosmetics like colors, scarves, sentinel parts etc.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Trying to play these loving maps where some guy just runs and runs and runs then escapes and you fail is about the least fun video gaming experience I have ever had. Fortunately the other modes are fun.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Capture is the worst mission type. Why the gently caress does a completely unarmored dude get like 30x the hp and armor of everyone else and be immune to almost all CC?

Terrible design.

Just as trivial as everything else with Blast on a shotgun, but still. Dumb.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Denzine posted:

Capture is the worst mission type. Why the gently caress does a completely unarmored dude get like 30x the hp and armor of everyone else and be immune to almost all CC?

Terrible design.

Uh, he's not immune to CC. Rhino can knock him over with both charge and stomp.

Really, Rhino makes all Capture missions trivial. Use Iron Skin to ignore all the fire coming in, charge the target once to knock them over, then two-shot them with Drakgoon or Hek. Once they're down, clear the rest of the room, then X them.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Volt can use Shock and stun Capture targets, too.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Syrinxx posted:

Trying to play these loving maps where some guy just runs and runs and runs then escapes and you fail is about the least fun video gaming experience I have ever had. Fortunately the other modes are fun.

At least it isn't rescue.

Pretty much every rescue mission is either this happening or the hostage nonchalantly running in circles in the middle of 200 bad guys.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Denzine posted:

Terrible design.

You can knock him down with a normal jump attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

ullerrm posted:

Uh, he's not immune to CC.

He's immune to Radial Blind, Accelerant, Bastille, Vortex, Chaos, Mind Control, Sonic Boom, Sound Quake, Pull stopped working at one point, Miasma, Terrify(this is still CC even if it's loving worthless vs everything), and the last time I hit him in the face with a jumpkick he shot me with the napalm launcher and kept going.

Oh and if you M Prime him you have a solid chance of the body disappearing making the mission unwinnable.