Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

scotty posted:

Christ, is there really no one else in the area? I live 200 miles away, haha.

It's a pretty small group that covers nearly every corner of the country... Except Vermont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
I'll likely be in VT or NH come June. The beer scene better make up for the snow.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

scotty posted:

Christ, is there really no one else in the area? I live 200 miles away, haha.

i'm in a few active trading groups and a steady HF hookup is truly hard to find. plenty of people live in/around Boston, but somebody who heads up to HF on any kind of a regular basis, well, that's a special thing.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

i'm in a few active trading groups and a steady HF hookup is truly hard to find. plenty of people live in/around Boston, but somebody who heads up to HF on any kind of a regular basis, well, that's a special thing.

I was lucky enough to start trading with a person who:

1) Lives within an hour of Hill Farmstead
2) Is too lazy to trade with anybody else
3) Really likes Bruery beers
4) Travels to the Michigan/Ohio area on regular basis because his wife is from here and he went to OSU

Needless to say, I'm very fortunate. I honestly wouldn't bother tracking down Hill Farmstead beers if I had to trade somebody new every time something was released.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Never really had any of FFF's IPA so I'm looking for a couple bottles of fresh ZD & Permanent Funeral; I have a decent amount of Alpine Duet & Nelson that I just picked up as well as growlers of HB. Also have Alesmith BA stuff that I'm happy to trade.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
So my buddy just moved back to DC from the Netherlands. For Christmas he sent me a Westy 12 because he knew I hadn't had one. Is there anything in from California that he can't get in the DC area that you think might be of similar value? I want to return the favor but just don't know what he might have access to.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

El Jebus posted:

So my buddy just moved back to DC from the Netherlands. For Christmas he sent me a Westy 12 because he knew I hadn't had one. Is there anything in from California that he can't get in the DC area that you think might be of similar value? I want to return the favor but just don't know what he might have access to.

The answer is almost always Russian River. Almanac is another solid option.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Where in CA?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

El Jebus posted:

Seekabrew is your friend.

http://seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

You can even compare states!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

HatfulOfHollow posted:

The answer is almost always Russian River. Almanac is another solid option.

That is always a good answer, thanks!

dphi posted:

Where in CA?

Desert. Palm Springs area.

Ok, that is awesome! I will be using that, thanks!

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I have some 12/27/13 On The Wings of Armaggeddon ( a six pack)

Looking for things I can't get in PA... I love stouts mostly.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Anyone want some Central Waters 16? I am only planning to get 4 of my 8 allocation and I am sure we can work something out.

Details here: http://centralwaters.brownpapertickets.com/

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007

broom posted:

Anyone want some Central Waters 16? I am only planning to get 4 of my 8 allocation and I am sure we can work something out.

I would probably be interested in 2 bottles. Where are you located?

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

broom posted:

I'm also interested in 2 bottles, if that would be a possibility. Thanks!

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Great, I will get two bottles for each of you. I am in Madison WI, was thinking just $4$ ($30), but could expand to some New Glarus stuff or my cellar if you have cool bottles to trade.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Is anyone still looking for the Terrapin limiteds? I have 1 each of White Chocolate and Cinnamon Roll... not sure if this was still a thing or not.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I think I will have to be done trading for the season... I have one more trade coming to me... and then I have to stop until it warms up.

I had a "close call" today, where I had a package dropped off at 8:30 this morning containing a Zhukov, Don Gavino's Big Guava and a Hunahpu. Everything appeared OK but the Zhukov seemed a little sludgier than normal, after abotu 10 minutes inside it was fine.

I'm not taking any chances on high dollar trades until it warms up :(
It sucks, as I was just getting really into trading.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Anyone got any Beat or supplication? I'm sure I can find something you'd want.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I'd like to get a bottle of Toasty Nut Abduction. Anyone have?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
:barf:

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Anyone looking for some otwoa let me know. Going to hit up BA if no interest.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT: '14/'13/'12 CR; '13/'12/'11 BT; And more

ISO:

Atrial
Prop
Open to discuss

Zam fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 13, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Zam posted:

FT: '14/'13/'12 CR; '13/'12/'11 BT; And more

ISO:

Atrial
Prop
Open to discuss

I got you on Atrial, buddy.

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007

broom posted:

Great, I will get two bottles for each of you. I am in Madison WI, was thinking just $4$ ($30), but could expand to some New Glarus stuff or my cellar if you have cool bottles to trade.

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs, so we might have some cross distribution, but are there any Chicago locals you are looking for? If you aren't looking for something specific I will put a box together for you with some limited local stuff.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Pheel posted:

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs, so we might have some cross distribution, but are there any Chicago locals you are looking for? If you aren't looking for something specific I will put a box together for you with some limited local stuff.

Cool, I actually get to Chicago fairly often but I'm sure we can find something. Would love some Rev Straight Jacket if that is gettable, also might be able to set up IP delivery depending on where you are.

Email me at SAbroom0 AT GMAIL DOT COM , same to you Kudosx

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

broom posted:

Cool, I actually get to Chicago fairly often but I'm sure we can find something. Would love some Rev Straight Jacket if that is gettable, also might be able to set up IP delivery depending on where you are.

Email me at SAbroom0 AT GMAIL DOT COM , same to you Kudosx

FYI, Straight Jacket gets released again this coming Wednesday.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I know it's late, but I'd still like to get my hands on a bottle or two of Beatification. Anyone have any they're interested in trading? PM me or something.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Anyone in the jersey area have any hill farmstead beers or Russian river sours ft? Im primarily looking for anna or supplication. I have lots of HF and brewery only releases from north east breweries.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hutzpah posted:

Anyone in the jersey area have any hill farmstead beers or Russian river sours ft? Im primarily looking for anna or supplication. I have lots of HF and brewery only releases from north east breweries.

Not sure where in Jersey you are, but if you can make it into Philly you can probably pick up all of the RR sours in a few stops.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Not sure where in Jersey you are, but if you can make it into Philly you can probably pick up all of the RR sours in a few stops.

Any recommendations on beer stores to go to? I go to tired hands every month or two but I'm not sure where to go to find RR.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
ISO Old Stock Cellar Reserve 2009 and 2011, and any regular Old Stock from 2011 or earlier. PM me to discuss details. I live in Northern Colorado, so I have access to most stuff available in Colorado. I also have the last few Avery BA releases (Rumpkin, Uncle Jacob, Thensarum, Momi Hiwa) and some of Crooked Staves non reserve society sours (Orgins, L'Brett D'Or, Nightmare on Brett).

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hutzpah posted:

Any recommendations on beer stores to go to? I go to tired hands every month or two but I'm not sure where to go to find RR.

The most reliable spots are Brew (across the street from South Philly Tap Room), Beer Heaven (Columbus Ave and Washington), Bottle Bar East (just north of Frankford Hall and Johnny Brenda's), and any of the Foodery locations.

Those are the places I've gotten almost all of my Russian River sours. But they definitely do come and go. Six months ago we were flush with Supplication. We were joking about it being a shelf beer. Then it all dried up right as I traded away my last bottle and I couldn't find it anywhere. But it started showing up again at the beginning of December. You may just have to hit a couple spots to find it because there's no guarantee.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

HatfulOfHollow posted:

The most reliable spots are Brew (across the street from South Philly Tap Room), Beer Heaven (Columbus Ave and Washington), Bottle Bar East (just north of Frankford Hall and Johnny Brenda's), and any of the Foodery locations.

Those are the places I've gotten almost all of my Russian River sours. But they definitely do come and go. Six months ago we were flush with Supplication. We were joking about it being a shelf beer. Then it all dried up right as I traded away my last bottle and I couldn't find it anywhere. But it started showing up again at the beginning of December. You may just have to hit a couple spots to find it because there's no guarantee.

Reminds me that every time I've been to RR, they run out of Supplication before I can buy the case that I want :smith:. Though to be fair, the last time I went was for Beatification so it's understandable and I just completed a trade for 3 cases so I don't have to make another flight up there.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Furious Lobster posted:

Reminds me that every time I've been to RR, they run out of Supplication before I can buy the case that I want :smith:. Though to be fair, the last time I went was for Beatification so it's understandable and I just completed a trade for 3 cases so I don't have to make another flight up there.

Weird - supplication is the only RR thing I can find in Denver right now. People jump all over PtE but the sours seem to linger longer.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hauki posted:

Weird - supplication is the only RR thing I can find in Denver right now. People jump all over PtE but the sours seem to linger longer.

That sounds like a nice situation for you; the only thing that lingers around besides Damnation (it never moves) is Blind Pig since SoCal people can't tell the difference between what's good and what's hyped.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Does anybody have a temptation available? Trying to assemble Beat, supp, consecration, and temptation to taste them side by side. Just missing temptation now.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey Portland: ISO Breakside Salted Caramel Stout

http://www.beerpulse.com/2014/01/breakside-salted-caramel-stout-bottles-to-be-released-next-week-2283/

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

So... here we go again...

I'm looking for

Surly Darkness (any vintage)
Dark Lord (2012, 2011 and 2010)
This year's Hunahpu

I've got access to all the Victory limited stuff(Oak Horizontal, Red Thunder, etc), The Weyerbacher limited stuff(Insanity, Blasphemy, Tiny, etc), the Troegs limited stuff(master of pumpkins, impending descent)

I've also got plenty of BCBS to trade as well.
I've got a load of other stuff, message me and we can work something out I'm sure.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Forgotten Island since at this point I am comfortable describing my bottle as "stolen" by a Goon trustee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Me in Reverse posted:

ISO Forgotten Island since at this point I am comfortable describing my bottle as "stolen" by a Goon trustee

You know what dude, the entire situation blows and I owe you beer anyway so I'll just give you one of mine.

• Locked thread