Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

1stGear posted:

Course, this also serves as proof of why the average person shouldn't own a Maremma because they are a dog that will chew through the loving wall so they can go herd.

It takes a special person to think the Terminator of herding dogs would make a nice family pet, as that PI train wreck demonstrated.

In other news, I fuckin love Scottish Folds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Reminds me of this great violin/cello cover of Iron Maiden's Fear Of The Dark.

Fear of the Dark is a pretty amazing song in it's own right, but that right there was just wonderful. That vid also reminded me that Apocalyptica was a thing that existed, and that it's ages since I've heard them last.

For content, have a cross-post from the dog thread.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I love Upworthy. This is a great poem.
http://www.upworthy.com/she-lied-to-herself-every-night-for-a-year-heres-what-happened-when-she-was-honest-ks4-4d

And a couple showing their love.
http://www.upworthy.com/the-most-delightful-two-and-a-half-minutes-youll-have-today-will-happen-right-now

And Soulpancake, who I've always been a fan of, finds some Science of Happiness.
http://www.upworthy.com/scientists-discover-one-of-the-greatest-contributing-factors-to-happiness-youll-thank-me?c=reccon1

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
Have a rat with a teddy bear.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

"I'm taking you for a walk lalalala"

"Think again you little poo poo"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

holy poo poo this is like a Pixar short come to life.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

necessary voodoo posted:

You can't leave this here without the equally :unsmith: video.

I cried like an infant, everyone needs to watch this.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Anoia posted:

It takes a special person to think the Terminator of herding dogs would make a nice family pet, as that PI train wreck demonstrated.

Scottish Folds are probably one of the more adorable cat breeds, but their opposite is also adorable, the American Curl.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Trilineatus posted:

I cried like an infant, everyone needs to watch this.

Jesus, did they hire scriptwriters for that guy Solomon, or what? My throat closed up to the width of a single hair when he delivered that link about not knowing who was the first to put chains on the elephant, but how glad he was to be the last one to take them off.

I've never used spoiler tags, before, but I really don't want to ruin that moment for anyone who doesn't see it coming.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Anoia posted:

I am pretty sure that cat is made of marshmallows and clouds. :swoon:

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

I am a fan of baby rabbits so I'm glad I didn't run these ones over with my lawnmower: they were in a shallow hole under some long grass which I didn't find until one of them ran out (sort of) as I was mowing the lawn. I scooped it up and put him/her in a small box, figuring I'd find a safe place for him/her afterwards. Then another runs out. And another. Soon I find the hole, and wind up with 7 baby rabbits in a laundry hamper with some spare grass thrown in for cover so I can finish cutting the lawn without killing rabbits. Some of them are hiding under the grass cover in the photo.

After I was done I put them all back in the hole, tucked some long grass over the top for cover and hoped Momma Wild Rabbit would come back later to look after her kiddies. She did. And we found out why she had been spending so much time hanging around that particular spot on the lawn for the last couple of weeks. [to be honest, not a great spot, but still better than the one a rabbit picked out in our back yard two years ago. Because that ended in a rabbit-massacre-by-cat but this isn't the 'Horrible rear end in a top hat Neighbour Cats' thread so I'll spare you that one]

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqebEymqFS8
Adorable video of a guy who is kind of loopy after coming out of surgery and sees his wife for what he thinks is the first time ever.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I haven't laughed so hard at a video in a while. She's a saint for not taking the piss out of him. "Eat your cracker." :kimchi:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Poison dart frogs look and sound like rubber squeaky toys.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

kinmik posted:

I haven't laughed so hard at a video in a while. She's a saint for not taking the piss out of him. "Eat your cracker." :kimchi:

Taking the piss out of him for finding out that even without his memory back, she's still his dream girl? I think it's mega romantic :3:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

kinmik posted:

Haha that is amazing. I've never been under, is this normal? I've seen people saying weird-rear end stuff under anesthesia, but nothing like this.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

muscles like this? posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqebEymqFS8
Adorable video of a guy who is kind of loopy after coming out of surgery and sees his wife for what he thinks is the first time ever.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who was up for over two days studying for exams. I pretty much had to force him to go to sleep but he refused because he say his girlfriend earlier and forgot to tell her that she's pretty and he would not sleep until he told her. He's a cutie-patootie.

mng posted:

Haha that is amazing. I've never been under, is this normal? I've seen people saying weird-rear end stuff under anesthesia, but nothing like this.

Not really common to forget your spouse but I buy it happened. One time after I woke up I demanded orange popsicles. The nurse gave me one but I just kept demanding more until she gave me the box. I didn't want to eat them, I just wanted them. I was mad she was laughing at my reasonable request. :mad:

ThatPazuzu has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Jan 12, 2014

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Baby meets father's twin for the first time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That is pretty funny, she doesn't know whats going on.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tiny fist bump at the end :allears:

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Did she call him "Cookie?"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You can see the foundation of her worldview crumbling.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
that's the greatest video i've seen in a really long time :3:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

mng posted:

I've only been under general anesthesia once, but I did think I was still dreaming when I woke up and ask a question to that effect.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Poison dart frogs look and sound like rubber squeaky toys.

I was looking at the picture and thinking, "Look at those cute things. So small, they won't be long in this world."

Then I read you comment below the picture. Poisoning things! O_O

"Victim or perpetrator, your number is up."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Pilli posted:

I was looking at the picture and thinking, "Look at those cute things. So small, they won't be long in this world."

Nah, they poison things that try to eat them.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I hear they have enough poison to kill a thousand people.

Seems weird that. Why's it so annoyed? Why's it killing thousands of people? :karlsay:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Karl is adorable in his own weird way.

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
A cat attack on the paper people.
http://imgur.com/a/vGLmI

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Pilli posted:

Don't worry, the poison is solely defensive. Better than that, they get it by eating poisonous insects and storing the toxins in their body, so a captive frog without a diet of poisonous insects is a harmless colorful toy frog. :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Please, PLEASE tell me someone found a way to finally miniaturize and domesticate bears... :3:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Adorable, and some real nice photography.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

mng posted:

I had to apologize to my dad for not giving him any youtube footage after coming out from surgery. But it was only arthroscopic so they may not have given me the good stuff.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dude finds abandoned house in the woods, takes a bunch of amazing photos of the residents.

http://distractify.com/culture/arts/kai-fagerstrom-discovers-incredible-life-inside-an-abandoned-house-in-the-woods/

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Murder Hats posted:

A cat attack on the paper people.
http://imgur.com/a/vGLmI

The full video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol1wxsN411k - it's pretty boss.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Once you rescue an animal, you never go back.

Former Mob Enforcer turns his life around because of a lost sick dog he found on the street.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/james-guiliani-diamond-collar_n_4570870.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pilli posted:

Are you not familiar with poison dart frogs? They come in all different bright colors.. These ones are safe at the Des Moines Zoo and can live up to 10 years in captivity. They had some blue ones, too.

The Des Moines Zoo also has red pandas that will come right up to the glass and look straight at you, an astonishingly fluffy snow leopard, and a nice selection of saltwater fish, including baby clown fish the size of a dime. If you ever get a chance to visit, I highly recommend it.

• Locked thread