Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukulele bastard
Dec 5, 2006

Fuck, shit, cock, ass, titties, boner, bitch, muff, pussy, cock, butthole, Barbara Streisand!

And I love you, Borden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Why does it smell like farts?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

My god, it's exactly the way I dreamt it. And the dance party has a band now. :allears:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

This is from a few pages ago, but seriously the Creeps is pretty much my favorite comic currently being made. Does it actually run in any newspapers? Who makes it? This mysterious comic :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sharay posted:

I don't think I get it. Is the joke that he eats food which is coloured the same as whatever glass he needs to blow or am I missing some finer point?

The joke is that Yacob (the knife kid telling the story) is full of poo poo, but he's sticking to it. Skippy seems to do the gag of "kids talking like they think adults talk" a lot, which I think is a pretty great running gag. I really appreciate the deadpan final panel.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

In case today's strip doesn't make any sense, Bill's line is a quote from the movie, 'It Happened One Night'.

Yeah, that one.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

His shirt hanging off his shoulder is pissing me off. It looks loving stupid (especially with the stupid loving red smears that are supposed to be his blood).

Edit: Also, what the gently caress is going on? He told a medic to ignore him so he could stagger off, bleeding profusely, to pester some lady at her home? Is she living right on the beaches of Normandy? Did he wander miles behind enemy lines to find some place populated? Is he even in Europe still?

catlord fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 12, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (October 13-14, 1983)

Nina's Adventures (November 15, 1993)

Lucky Cow (February 26-28, 2004)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

I did that in a classroom once when the teacher wouldn't excuse me go to the bathroom fast enough. My classmates had to clean it up while the teacher sent me to the nurse.

Retail

This joke wouldn't make any sense not in the context of a comic strip. How would Marla not immediately notice a huge pile of items right in front of her?

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Before he got Bleeker to babysit him Skip got concussions on a weekly basis.

Dustin

That's gonna be you in a few years old man.

On the Fastrack

Can you actually add skills to other people's LinkedIn pages? Because if so...

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Making your employees shovel snow in a blizzard seems like worker abuse or something.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 12, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

In case today's strip doesn't make any sense, Bill's line is a quote from the movie, 'It Happened One Night'.

Yeah, that one.

It just dawned on me that June 6 is the 70th anniversary of D-Day. This story is going to run all the way through summer, isn't it?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Don't know if anyone knows this, but Lindesfarne has a tumblr blog (yes, it's official) where she basically writes about the things that happen in the week's strip from her POV. Here's the latest:

quote:

BALL DROP, PART II

By the time the security team arrived on the building’s rooftop the assailants were gone. They only had two boulders in their arsenal, but it’s still impressive that they were able to get both of them up there undetected. During the distraction of the New Year’s Eve party they had been able to gain access to a freight elevator that went up to the roof.
Caniche had not been on duty that evening, but her sense of responsibility was so great that she felt awful for not preventing the danger and bringing it upon Dip and her other co-workers. She thought about leaving, but Kell would have none of that. (That’s Kell; she’s all about family, even the workplace kind.)
That brought up the issue of how to protect her. Living in the same house as a vampire bat, Dip is safe. (Besides, it appears that R.L. actually is honoring his promise to leave him alone.) So where does Caniche turn? She had been renting an apartment, but the assassins had surely located that.
We immediately left the building and drove her to the Dewclaw house where we set her up in my old bedroom. In the morning it became apparent why that had been a wise course of action. Coney had observed the assassins attempting to break into the house, and dealt with them accordingly. She was excused from breakfast on account of having a full tummy.
Analysis of the remains proved that the two were indeed the ones who had arrived from France on a container ship and travelled to Domain to kill Caniche. The company that employed them issued a statement denying all responsibility for the incident but no one believes them.
For now, Caniche stays with the Dewclaws. I hope I didn’t leave too many quills in that bed.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Neil reminds me more and more of Dougal from Father Ted.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Yes Holbrook does a weekly summary for Safe Havens too on the Safe Havens FB page. It's somewhat useful for going back and checking what happened a few months ago without digging through and rereading the comic archive. Or explaining what the hell is going on which can be a problem in Holbrook strips.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

Don't know if anyone knows this, but Lindesfarne has a tumblr blog (yes, it's official) where she basically writes about the things that happen in the week's strip from her POV. Here's the latest:

Achewood, it ain't.

Lio isn't fooling me. A thing that size takes at least eight D-cells.

And I'd slap Red and Rover for this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Midnight Moth posted:

I did that in a classroom once when the teacher wouldn't excuse me go to the bathroom fast enough. My classmates had to clean it up while the teacher sent me to the nurse.

Wait what? Your teacher made your classmates clean up your barf? Did your classmates hate you after that??

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Macaluso posted:

Wait what? Your teacher made your classmates clean up your barf? Did your classmates hate you after that??

No because the guy who did it was my friend and I used to let him copy my homework. Yeah.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

The only way I could get any respect for this strip at this point is if this ended with that guy actually being killed and eaten and he leaves the strip forever.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Midnight Moth posted:

Yes Holbrook does a weekly summary for Safe Havens too on the Safe Havens FB page. It's somewhat useful for going back and checking what happened a few months ago without digging through and rereading the comic archive. Or explaining what the hell is going on which can be a problem in Holbrook strips.

Dear god why? I can't even imagine that people he shares whatever the gently caress these fetishes are, enjoy this dreck.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Ted's daughter.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Little King

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

A silver medal is a second-place prize. If Big Brag Wolf had won first prize, he would have been awarded a gold medal.

Slylock Fox

Because Slylock-Land is like a Redwall-esque horror universe where you can pretty much profile various species based on innate traits. The raggedly clothing also gives him away as part of the criminal underclass.

Moose and Molly

Gotta love how everyone hugs each other in this strip.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

In tangentially related news, there was a Moomin shop in Tokyo station over Christmas!

I took this on the 28th, and it closed on the 29th. It has just taken me this long to get caught up with the thread to post it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Juliet Jones

Still a drat fine donkey.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That poor donkey. :smith:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I.. I.. actually think I need a nearly-life-size Moomin plush, my god that's adorable.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I can vouch that Moomin is very popular in Japan.

Actually, now I'm thinking of the 1969 anime done by TMS Entertainment. Apparently Tove Jansson hated it due to the changes made to the characters and setting; specifically, the violence (Moomin got into fights a lot), and also cars (apparently Moomins driving cars pissed her off). Tove demanded that they fire TMS, and they did. TMS only did the first 26 episodes. After that, production switched to Mushi Production for the last 39 episodes, which was more gentle compared to the rough and rowdy TMS episodes.

A bunch of TMS episodes are on YouTube, if you desire to check them out.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I even found a picture of him in the True hat!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

The ring is on the rat's tail.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
February 4 & 5, 1918

During WWI, to "hooverize" meant to ration and save. Future president Herbert Hoover was the head of the US Food Administration, in charge of voluntary food rationing such as encouraging people to not eat certain types of food on certain days, creating, for instance, "meatless mondays."

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts (January 15, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Classic Popeye Sunday takes on another challenger to the throne. (c. 1942)

Pogo, in which Beauregard and Albert take their problems to a professional...or a reasonable facsimile. (January 11, 1970)

First-Gen Blondie: One of the iconic images of the comics page is Dagwood as the human buffet table. He never gets salami stains on those white shirts. (c. 1941)

Out Our Way (March 26-27, 1924)

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Simian_Prime posted:

The ring is on the rat's tail.

Oh sure, presume he's a thief just because his boyfriend got him a tailring.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac explains the dangers of static electricity.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

I hope they got a picture of that for the album's liner notes.

Calvin And Hobbes

The Bent Pinky is one of those 'wacky' one-panel comics.

I am vaguely impressed at the boldness of simply copy-pasting the companies' logos into the art.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Pakled posted:

Everett True
February 4 & 5, 1918

Everett looks like the Fatman from MGS2 with that coat on (except less tactical) :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:suicide:

I still hear "e-rah-ray" when I see that weird word. And, huh, it apparently really is a word if you understand Esperanto. :v:

Bleh.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's. I'll check later.

9 Chickweed Lane 1/12/2003

Ok, I guess.

Zits

Ok, whatever.

Ok, whatever. :ughh:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Can you actually add skills to other people's LinkedIn pages? Because if so...

You can. The person has to approve them, though.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

idonotlikepeas posted:

You can. The person has to approve them, though.

I've been getting a ton of emails from LinkedIn whenever people do this, so yes...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

That pinhead is extremely unhappy about bronies.

Nancy

This is a new Nancy, as opposed to the past few which were repeats from 2011.

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Because you're loving mental, momma.

• Locked thread