Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Praseodymi posted:

And he just walked up to a group of three heavily armed guys with only a sidearm. Is this a normal enough occurrence that a cop will just think "Oh, its just more of these MAH RIGHTS fucks..."? How does this not lead to hundreds of cop deaths?

I love how you think anyone with a gun is just out to shoot someone, and just encountering someone else with a gun is good enough reason to haul your piece out and start blasting away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Was this posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

I almost can't believe it's not staged, it's so perfect.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yep, probably 10 or 15 pages back.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Sigma X posted:

I love how you think anyone with a gun is just out to shoot someone, and just encountering someone else with a gun is good enough reason to haul your piece out and start blasting away.

If I saw three men loitering carrying loaded rifles, I would assume that they're there to provoke or commit violence. As such, for a single officer to approach them without backup is pretty ballsy.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Sigma X posted:

Yeah, because everybody loads up their "designed solely to kill shitloads of people" weapons for a pleasant walk in the park. :frogout:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Squidster posted:

If I saw three men loitering carrying loaded rifles, I would assume that they're there to provoke or commit violence. As such, for a single officer to approach them without backup is pretty ballsy.

A little ballsy maybe, but most people who plan to commit a crime don't loiter around town with their guns strapped to their backs. He probably knew it was some kind of demonstration.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
The cop also knows that if they shot him, their reputation would go down the shitter. Gun rights activists gun down courageous officer of the law? The media would have a field day with that one.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Squidster posted:

If I saw three men loitering carrying loaded rifles, I would assume that they're there to provoke or commit violence.

Good thing you're not a cop then, because rule of law is supposed to be an actual thing and the law in a lot of states permits open carry.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

BioMe posted:

Was this posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

I almost can't believe it's not staged, it's so perfect.

I love how the guy keeps saying people's names like they'll flee in terror because he was able to read their name tag.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

But what if it was just one psycho out to kill a cop. The best way to lure them into a situation for an easy kill is apparently walk around with a loaded weapon and then gun them down when they ask you what you're up to.

EDIT: gently caress, here in the UK we had Raoul Moat, he was just sat in a car and when the cop asked him what he was doing he shotgunned him in the face.

Praseodymi has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Jan 12, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Praseodymi posted:

But what if it was just one psycho out to kill a cop. The best way to lure them into a situation for an easy kill is apparently walk around with a loaded weapon and then gun them down when they ask you what you're up to.

Only works if you're white. Remember what happenend when black people tried that open carry thing?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Only works if you're white. Remember what happenend when black people tried that open carry thing?

No. What happened?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

monkeytennis posted:

No. What happened?

NRA started lobbying for gun control.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
If you don't think random dudes walking around with assault weapons is a little disconcerting then you probably live in a war zone. All things aside though, these guys are basically acting the same as the sovereign citizen guy: *points finger right up to your face* I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Praseodymi posted:

And he just walked up to a group of three heavily armed guys with only a sidearm. Is this a normal enough occurrence that a cop will just think "Oh, its just more of these MAH RIGHTS fucks..."? How does this not lead to hundreds of cop deaths?

Being a cop is just not a very dangerous job in America

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXXuaLhe0A
Hockey player takes a stick to the face, and a fan mouths off to him.
Soon afterwards, a stray puck flies into the crowd and hits the head of the same fan who was taunting that player.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Sanguinary Novel posted:

And carrying an assault weapon on a freaking single nylon strap seems amazingly retarded - sorta like tucking a gun into your pant waistband.

:sigh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_%28firearms%29

Edit: I mean, honestly, do you really expect them to carry it around on a five point harness?

Fool and the World has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Jan 12, 2014

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Here is my opinion on guns:

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

PhancyPants posted:

I love how the guy keeps saying people's names like they'll flee in terror because he was able to read their name tag.

Personally I like the part where he gets tazed and cries "Stop, please!" like a little bitch while you can hear his mom's disappointed voice in the background. Schadenfreude doesn't get much more condensed than that.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I just can't find any Freude in this guy's Schaden. Having your home and everything in it burnt down sounds like an awful experience. :(

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
This is a long Sovereign Citizen video, but it gets pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToA4iwyg6U

WHY ARE YOU ASSAULTING ME?

WHY ARE YOU MFFMFMFMFMFF

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Here is my opinion on guns:
They're p. cool
*walks to son's baseball game in the park, slung with fifty guns clattering against each other*

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Devor posted:

WHY ARE YOU MFFMFMFMFMFF

Soooo...they don't want to follow the laws but want the laws to apply when it's convenient to them?

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Desperado Bones posted:

Soooo...they don't want to follow the laws but want the laws to apply when it's convenient to them?

Yes. The laws don't apply to them except for the one that allows them to file false liens against people they don't like.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Devor posted:

WHY ARE YOU MFFMFMFMFMFF

Why does someone whose hobbies are provoking cops, being as obnoxious as possible and yelling "I HAVE A GUN!" while resisting arrest still live while so many perfectly reasonable people die?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

BioMe posted:

Why does someone whose hobbies are provoking cops, being as obnoxious as possible and yelling "I HAVE A GUN!" while resisting arrest still live while so many perfectly reasonable people die?

Because the world is not a just place.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

BioMe posted:

Because killing them proves their point and nobody wants to turn these assholes into martyrs.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Devor posted:

WHY ARE YOU MFFMFMFMFMFF

Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever wanted to punch someone through the internet as much as this guy. Why does he think a code somehow isn't the same thing as a law? Is that just another facet of his selective following of rules?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BioMe posted:

Funny part about it too is that he whines in the video description that he was hit on concealed carry charges, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS VISIBLE ON MY HIP OPEN CARRY STATES RIGHTS FREEMANONTHELAND!

This is because, in many states (including Washington), there are special laws regarding handguns in cars. In Washington, you do not need a permit to open carry, but if you want to have a loaded weapon in your car, you have to have a concealed carry permit and follow a few other special rules. So had he been walking to Grandma's house, he'd be fine. But if you want to drive, you have to follow the law.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Because killing them proves their point and nobody wants to turn these assholes into martyrs.

Proving what point and giving a martyr to what cause exactly?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Martyrdom is overrated, dead dudes are underrated.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Aren't these "Sovereign Citizens" just looking for ways to not pay money for anything? They must be terrible dates.

"I am a freeman, so therefore I do not pay for movie tickets. No. We cannot go to Olive Garden, I am banned from there."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ringo Star Get posted:

Aren't these "Sovereign Citizens" just looking for ways to not pay money for anything? They must be terrible dates.

Not entirely accurate. They also really want to be allowed to be racist, sexist shits without anyone saying boo to them in response.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sigma X posted:

It's called 'not being an American'. In sane countries people don't carry guns around unless they have some intention of using them.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

gently caress all of you who are turning this otherwise deliciously awesome thread into yet another gun control wankfest.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
In very dickish pranks...

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Deadlifting in high-heels. Just say no. Skip to 1:50 for the :cry: Possibly :nms: but there is no blood or bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh_Px-5T4tY

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

BioMe posted:

Proving what point and giving a martyr to what cause exactly?
Sovereign citizens believe that the government and police are evil, oppressive entities and should thus be disobeyed. If the government or police were to kill one of them, that would basically prove them right and give other sovereign citizens a legitimate reason for their beliefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Rondette posted:

Deadlifting in high-heels. Just say no. Skip to 1:50 for the :cry: Possibly :nms: but there is no blood or bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh_Px-5T4tY

Reminds me of that model trying to walk down the runway in ridiculous heels to similar results. I actually feel bad for the model though, she probably didn't have much choice in the matter if she wanted to keep working. This seems to just be a real bad decision.

• Locked thread