Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Saw Rusev at a house show last night and he looked terrible. Dude's gear looked like just him in his boxer briefs.

He's pretty terrible now and just boring, which happened as soon as Lana started managing him who's also really terrible to boot. His gimmick used to be "Bulgarian agile Sumo Wrestler with a Muay Thai background who started his matches by breaking a board over his knee with his opponent's name written on it who was managed by a sleazy french entrepreneur and also tag teamed with a red neck mechanic" and it was cool, that's like a six different gimmicks but it worked. Now his gimmick is "Foreign strong guy who's manager is his female translator, but has never actually translated for him and just speaks Russian" and now it sucks.

But with a Smackdown dark match I have the feeling he's going to be a post mania debut, crash and burn quickly unless he finds his spark again and then go on to tag team with Santino.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I cannot deal w/ The Ryback's tweets.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BIG TWEETS
DIRT SHEETS

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@Ryback22 posted:

Was just released. Thank you.

BIG NECK
NO MORE CHECKS

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
http://imgur.com/a/WKjs4

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

njsykora posted:

BIG NECK
NO MORE CHECKS

I'll believe it when I see it. Dude is probably trying to troll the dirt sheets.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ryback is awesome.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!
Awww he's deleted all of his tweets again.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Ryback Rules.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Ryan, get your poo poo together please.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Big man with a big phone with big hands making big tweets eating all the sweets everybody loves the big guy.

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me. So we can start over again.
The Big Guy is tweeting again.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Considering there was heat on him to begin with due to Zigger's conussion, no way in hell the guy's getting any semblance of a push anytime soon even if he isn't canned.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I support King Big Guy

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PWInsider posted:

We received a number of emails overnight asking whether WWE Ryback had been released from the company.
The short answer to that is no, but why people began asking is a bit of a longer story.

Ryback regularly engages fans in Twitter in a way meant to upset them, since he's a heel. Last night was no exception, since he was bragging about giving Dolph Ziggler a concussion and thanking fans for "making me rich", claiming he sold 750,000 t-shirts in 2013.

As he continued writing on Twitter, Ryback noted that he was pulled over by a police car that thought his GPS was actually a cell phone. After some time, he noted that he was released.

When Ryback wrote released, he meant that in a way that the police car had let him go about his business, not that WWE had released him.

Shortly after people began responding to the release comment, Ryback wrote that his Twitter was hacked and then deleted all the Tweets on it.

So, it was a case of a heel being a heel and then fans misunderstanding what he was writing. He's still with the company.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ryback tweets the same way he wrestles. Shitly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback tweets the same way he wrestles. Shitly.
At least his twitter hasn't given anyone a concussion.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Endorph posted:

At least his twitter hasn't given anyone a concussion.

I feel less intelligent for having read those tweets and the posts of the people thinking they're anything but bland and dull.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I feel less intelligent for having read those tweets and the posts of the people thinking they're anything but bland and dull.

I think they're obnoxious and in a way that doesn't feel like he's playing a character, does that count

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Look at all these terrible opinions that just got posted

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Ryback's tweets are basically Matt Hardy without the hilarious self destruction and fatness.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Ryback's tweets are basically Matt Hardy without the hilarious self destruction and fatness.

And without the possibility of actually being good in the future

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Ryback is hilarious you guys are insane.

The Best Christmas
May 13, 2011

He just loving gave one of what the IWC considers to be one of the best wrestlers right now a concussion. THROUGH A LARIAT, OF ALL THINGS. Him not being liked right now is completely reasonable, he's legitimately unsafe

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Best Christmas posted:

He just loving gave one of what the IWC considers to be one of the best wrestlers right now a concussion. THROUGH A LARIAT, OF ALL THINGS. Him not being liked right now is completely reasonable, he's legitimately unsafe

As dirty as it makes me feel to put Ryback and Stan Hansen in the same category, it's not like lariats are necessarily low impact moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX3_lzITE

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Best Christmas posted:

If it wasn't Ryback today then it would have been someone or something else that gave Dolph another concussion

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Thauros posted:

As dirty as it makes me feel to put Ryback and Stan Hansen in the same category, it's not like lariats are necessarily low impact moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX3_lzITE

At least Hansen has the excuse of being drat near blind without glasses and also being a better wrestler than Ryback.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Valeyard posted:

If it wasn't Ryback today then it would have been someone or something else that gave Dolph another concussion

So does Dolph now join the ranks of Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and Edge in the category of "Wrestlers that have some sort of injured body part we declare to be held together with [fragile material] and [adhesive substance]"?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

sticklefifer posted:

So does Dolph now join the ranks of Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and Edge in the category of "Wrestlers that have some sort of injured body part we declare to be held together with [fragile material] and [adhesive substance]"?

Dreams and pipe cleaner.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Suben posted:

At least Hansen has the excuse of being drat near blind without glasses and also being a better wrestler than Ryback.

And in an environment where high-impact wrestling is more expected. And back when we didn't know how bad concussions actually are.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Valeyard posted:

Well, then I guess it's okay.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Well, then I guess it's okay.

No, but both of them are liabilities. Dolph to himself and Ryback to other people

MoxTheZebra
Aug 13, 2011

Valeyard posted:

No, but both of them are liabilities. Dolph to himself and Ryback to other people

This is a good point, who thought to put these two in the ring together? If anyone should have heat it's them.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Never have I wanted something to happen more in my life. :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh god, Ryback joining 3MB would be legitimately amazing.

4MB 4 Lyfe.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Ryback goes from being a modern day poor-man's Goldberg to modern day rich-man's Tank Abbott.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

no fat, high hat

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Heath's looking out for his Nexus bros :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

Ryan Reeves @Ryback22 31m

Thank you internet for saying my account was hacked. Just finished my last match. Time to come home. Two matches in 1 night what a way 2 go

Welp.