Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They didnt have any weapons, they were gunning for absolute speed and given that they were about to easily lap around the players once we cant say they were wrong. They had to account for something completely unexpected which is entirely unrealistic. Thankfully Reiji has had enough of this bullshit with the CEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
New OP is cool, but new ED is miles better. The clipshow at the beginning was kind of disappointing, but at least we got to hear some new names out of this. Can't wait to see Canada and Australia's representatives.

Caros posted:

It also really bugged me that they didn't take a pot shot at the BaCue at the end there.

The part in the rules about firearms confused me in general, so I'm wondering if it was a bad translation. Are firearms completely banned? Or was it that your gunpla itself can't take a shot, but its vehicle can? If that's the case then I guess they could have only used the Universe Booster's railguns, and those would take too much time to line up.

EDIT: Oh wait I just completely misunderstood the rules. Never mind.

I did really love how absolutely smart Sei's plan was. Even though it's kind of bullshit that nobody questions what the hell happened to the Star Build. At least Reiji is now actually pissed enough to get back to his own plot.

Also, the cameos in this episode were amazing. You have no god drat clue how blueballed I feel that the G-Falcon got skipped though. :smith:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 13, 2014

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So is Mr. C supposed to be somebody we'd recognize? I feel like his design should be familiar but I've no idea why.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh man, I was so caught up in the robot cameos I didn't even think to look for human ones.

Sergei, Marie, and Chibodee. And that one gentleman from V.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

tsob posted:

So is Mr. C supposed to be somebody we'd recognize? I feel like his design should be familiar but I've no idea why.
Probably Clamp from Ral's squad in first gundam.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They didnt have any weapons, they were gunning for absolute speed and given that they were about to easily lap around the players once we cant say they were wrong. They had to account for something completely unexpected which is entirely unrealistic. Thankfully Reiji has had enough of this bullshit with the CEO.

They had their rifle at the start of the race, though it is possible that they lost it underwater. Even still they had the universal booster cannons, and enough of a lead that they probably could have shot him and still crossed first.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh man, I was so caught up in the robot cameos I didn't even think to look for human ones.

Sergei was there to cheer Soma on. :3:

Fighting Falken
Aug 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I like it when old characters just show up as cameos. The suits are always cool, but looking for pilots is another fun thing about this show.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Caros posted:

They had their rifle at the start of the race, though it is possible that they lost it underwater. Even still they had the universal booster cannons, and enough of a lead that they probably could have shot him and still crossed first.

They caught up to the brothers at the very last stretch before the finish. The railguns require the Star Build to stop and aim, and since the BuCue fired its boost if they tried that they would have lost anyways.

Pretty much the only thing they could of used were the vulcans, and let's face it those aren't going to do much.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah at first I was wondering why they didn't shoot the tank, but it makes sense given they were so close to the finish line and only had the railguns available. Also really love how goofy the main bad guy is, what with him dancing around after Sei and Reiji lost. I hope the gunpla hitman comes back.

Edit- As for cameos If you look closely you can see a genderbent heero and sarah.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 13, 2014

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
This masterpiece must be the heretofore unseen third discharge mode! :haw:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

3 posted:

This masterpiece must be the heretofore unseen third discharge mode! :haw:

Man I WISH they would re-make Guntank in this new BF line. I'd build Kampfertank Amazing :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Monaghan posted:

As for cameos If you look closely you can see a genderbent heero and sarah.

When? Cause that sounds kind of hilarious.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kurieg posted:

When? Cause that sounds kind of hilarious.

right after the three way battle.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I just watched the first two episodes of this, and it might be the most hilarious Gundam show ever made. clearly the most eclectic of suit designs by the very nature of the show, eking out a small lead over G Gundam for that title.

Also, I've never liked Seed/Destiny on account of the animation and VA's being really loving lazy, so I have been discrediting the suit designs as hogwash as well. I've never liked Strike until I saw it going up against a Gyan.

This show rules.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Ready to BUY GUNPLA NOW, folks?

I was holding off on ordering any of the kits that are still preorders, but I had to pull the trigger on the MG 1/100 Build Strike Full Package after seeing this episode. This show is so good at making you want to buy stuff. I already wanted to get the horse for my Astray since they seemed like a natural pairing, so seeing them together in the show is awesome.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Not seeing the G-Falcon was sad, but on the other hand, Sengoku Astray on Fuunsaiki. That was beautiful beyond words. I don't like Nils at all but I love his mecha and this episode only reaffirmed that.

I like that my country didn't lose the race, though I'm kind of scared of the fact that Sei and Reiji can only ever lose by blatant cheating or Yuuki antics. They basically ruled the race and would've won with no effort whatsoever had that weird underwater Zeong not appeared, and that's bad writing by all means. Hopefully following matches will kick them down a bit, I want to see Reiji lose because he was outpowered like both Yuuki matches.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not seeing the G-Falcon was sad, but on the other hand, Sengoku Astray on Fuunsaiki. That was beautiful beyond words. I don't like Nils at all but I love his mecha and this episode only reaffirmed that.

I like that my country didn't lose the race, though I'm kind of scared of the fact that Sei and Reiji can only ever lose by blatant cheating or Yuuki antics. They basically ruled the race and would've won with no effort whatsoever had that weird underwater Zeong not appeared, and that's bad writing by all means. Hopefully following matches will kick them down a bit, I want to see Reiji lose because he was outpowered like both Yuuki matches.

This issue with what you're saying is they really haven't faced anyone on their level until fairly recently. Even Pre-Injury the Thai champ had them figured out in 12 seconds and sent them crashing into earth while dodging shots from both Mao and Seiji. They couldn't even take down the transformed Green Epyon until it was distracted. In a real one-on-one match they're going to probably barely win if they're fighting any of the characters set up as Rivals.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 13, 2014

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Blaze Dragon posted:

To be fair, Luang could have wrecked them in the battle royale if Mao wasn't backing them up, and made him reconsider actually fighting all out, because they hadn't thought about what would happen if someone figured out the shield's gimmick. The guy using a green Epyon also stood a chance of winning if he hadn't gotten distracted, because he was far too fast for Reiji to go on the offensive.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Monaghan posted:

Edit- As for cameos If you look closely you can see a genderbent heero and sarah.

And she was piloting that Mercurius too! This show, oh my god. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It would have been kind of silly if they did have trouble on this part without outside interference. One of the Star Build's main gimmicks is a ridiculously fast super mode, and one of Reiji's big things is that he's so good at piloting that he can handle the speed. The deck was heavily stacked in their favor for this event, there probably isn't a single other person in the tournament who could feasibly compete against them without some bullshit.

Besides, 8 other people have unstoppable streaks at the moment too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am unreasonable amused at how the ending song is about how the singer wants to remain a manchild forever.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Would you be surprised if I told you he became famous by making remixes of megaman songs on youtube, including one about how gay for megaman flashman is

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

Would you be surprised if I told you he became famous by making remixes of megaman songs on youtube, including one about how gay for megaman flashman is

No, I know the singer, I recall seeing him doing goofy Final Fantasy remixes years and years ago. It's just an amusing choice of song for this show.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ah cool. Honestly I just made myself want to go listen to his bubbleman tune because bubbleman's a giant piece of poo poo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No, I know the singer, I recall seeing him doing goofy Final Fantasy remixes years and years ago. It's just an amusing choice of song for this show.

Gotta appeal to the main audience demographic man. :v:

I do actually like the song though. But I'm already deeply entrenched in gunpla, so I guess I am the main audience demographic.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I can appreciate a song that says its okay to enjoy stuff you did as a kid. I've been doing gunpla for 13 years now, and I still enjoy the hell out of it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
One thing that's been bothering me this whole time is where Sei's dad is. We know that he got second place in the World Tournament years ago but no one's asked where he is or what he's doing. I guess we're just to assume he's salary manning it up somewhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

One thing that's been bothering me this whole time is where Sei's dad is. We know that he got second place in the World Tournament years ago but no one's asked where he is or what he's doing. I guess we're just to assume he's salary manning it up somewhere.

He's probably dead. Outside of the pictures he hasn't been mentioned. Maybe he'll pop up after the whole renji/chairman alien arc is completed and he ends up being the king of that planet. Renji and Iori are half brothers.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

According to the wiki Sei's dad went off to go promote Gunpla around the world and left the store to his wife to run in the meantime.

Edit: Here we go. http://gundam-bf.net/characters/08/

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 14, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Revolver Bunker posted:

According to some summary leaks he might show up soon

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zedd posted:

According to some summary leaks he might show up soon

Probably to cheer up Sei, who's not taking to the loss too well.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Apparently the guys working on this show just had an in-house Gunpla contest based on the Bearguy III.

This is probably the best entry. (Representing the production process.)

The one in front of the China picture is dressed as an idol if you're wondering what's up with that.

EDIT: Oh, and the OST has finally been announced. Two discs, 3500 yen, coming out March 12. Cover art's pretty neat.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 14, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I will murder somebody at Bandai if they don't pump out a MG Gundam X Mao this year. :fap:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: Oh, and the OST has finally been announced. Two discs, 3500 yen, coming out March 12. Cover art's pretty neat.

Oh good, it exists! I've been rewatching episode 6 constantly just to get my fix of the amazing (:haw:) flamenco battle theme.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

Apparently the guys working on this show just had an in-house Gunpla contest based on the Bearguy III.

This is probably the best entry. (Representing the production process.)

The one in front of the China picture is dressed as an idol if you're wondering what's up with that.

What kit did they bash to make the green dress on Bearguy; Zeong skirt? That's pretty awesome.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Given he drives a jeep looking thing, I'm surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give Ral a civilian version of Zeon's Sauropelta.

Also surprised his car isn't blue. :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New week, new episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-txHzY4ew

Gunpla Mafia. :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh man so many references this episode. Raman Kharn, and all the other names in the list made me laugh, I admit.

And once again the battle was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
There is so much emotion in this episode. It is amazing. This shows tops itself non-stop.

• Locked thread