Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

I've never had a problem spamming Pull on a Capture target, or having someone chain jump attacks so he can never get up. Both of those aside as a Mag, Bullet Attractor works as well as on anything else so you can just leisurely stroll toward the target while holding down the fire button in his general direction for double damage.

It's also worth noting that he has a maximum range on his "run the hell away" script that you can abuse if the map allows it. Unless you cross it he'll just stand still forever - I was soloing a desert map with the MK I for the mastery and ended up emptying a few clips into both targets from a mile away and both targets just sat there and played bullet sponge before falling over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I've MPrimed the capture target and vaporized the body. Still got the "good jerb, now go catch the other one" so I guess Lotus just sweeps up the bits into your Pokéball automatically.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Mind Control definitely works too, as I have a buddy who when playing Nyx always hits the capture target with it so we can more effectively store our ammo in the target's face while he just stands there doing nothing.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
When? All of those are the opposite of my experience.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Capture problems? Solution: use Rhino.

Rhino is basically the solution to any problem. Rhino loving owns.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The real reason Rhino is overpowered is because it's the only frame immune to : DE : effects at present it seems.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
I think Drakgoon got stealth 'nerfed' so it uses shotgun ammo now. What's the consensus between the Lecta and Prova?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

QQmore posted:

I think Drakgoon got stealth 'nerfed' so it uses shotgun ammo now. What's the consensus between the Lecta and Prova?
It's hardly a nerf, it's still ridiculously ammo-efficient.

And between those two? Lecta, probably. They're both kind of bad, though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone else get their founders beta tester things in the post today? I got my headband thingy.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

redstormpopcorn posted:

I've MPrimed the capture target and vaporized the body. Still got the "good jerb, now go catch the other one" so I guess Lotus just sweeps up the bits into your Pokéball automatically.

Bigger problem is vortex, which can toss him through the floor and render the mission impossible to complete.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kalman posted:

Bigger problem is vortex, which can toss him through the floor and render the mission impossible to complete.

Or crash a PS4. I was farming Xini for a Banshee helmet blueprint (why is this thing so hard to get :negative:) and a Vauban dropped one. Just as I finish saying not to use it I crash out.

nacon
May 7, 2005

So I rolled out my Nova for the first time last night. I would categorize her as obscenely fun.

Happy DE error- I was running my Nova for some missions on some infestations. On the last survival mission, the squad agrees that we'll aim for 40 minutes. I switch to my Mag Prime.

We make 40 minutes, at which point I return to my equipment screen to see that I now have my Nova equipped... leveled up to 30 (along with all the other stuff I'd unequipped for the ~*~serious business~*~ of gaming a survival infested mission.)

Level 1-30, one hour. Time to Forma I guess.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Denzine posted:

He's immune to Radial Blind, Accelerant, Bastille, Vortex, Chaos, Mind Control, Sonic Boom, Sound Quake, Pull stopped working at one point, Miasma, Terrify(this is still CC even if it's loving worthless vs everything), and the last time I hit him in the face with a jumpkick he shot me with the napalm launcher and kept going.

Oh and if you M Prime him you have a solid chance of the body disappearing making the mission unwinnable.

You can definitely jump-kick them, I do it all the time.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
edit: gently caress it I'm not testing this poo poo, not worth it.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 13, 2014

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finally got this thing installed and registered for the clan, now to see if I can actually join a group properly. I have a feeling I'm going to sink way too many hours into this game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some PS4 goons and I were running a T3 defense, and when we got to the final wave, we were halfway done when suddenly our game crashed. Lost everything. Ugh. Moral of the story: don't have too many snowglobes up at a time.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Denzine posted:

He's immune to Radial Blind, Accelerant, Bastille, Vortex, Chaos, Mind Control, Sonic Boom, Sound Quake, Pull stopped working at one point, Miasma, Terrify(this is still CC even if it's loving worthless vs everything), and the last time I hit him in the face with a jumpkick he shot me with the napalm launcher and kept going.

Oh and if you M Prime him you have a solid chance of the body disappearing making the mission unwinnable.

You must be cursed or something. Did you cross paths with a witch this week? Walk under a ladder? I have no problems with using CC on him as Banshee. Sonar his room, run at him, Sonic Boom him to the ground, shoot shoot down. I've had CC occasionally not work (maybe one in fifty times?) for whatever odd reason, but nothing as consistent as you're seeing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Loki can't Switch Teleport them, either, though you can just turn invisible, sprint up to him and do a jump attack to knock him on his rear end, then beat him to death with crits.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kalman posted:

I had the same happen with Oberon. Caught up to him, cast Reckoning and slammed his rear end right through the floor into dimension X.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
What is up with Oberon's proportions? You don't normally notice because of the loincloth thing but his torso is a barrel compared to his relatively thin legs.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

QQmore posted:

It wasn't stealth, it was the first thing in the 11.6.1 patch notes.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Carecat posted:

What is up with Oberon's proportions? You don't normally notice because of the loincloth thing but his torso is a barrel compared to his relatively thin legs.

I think he's supposed to look like a deer that walks upright. His torso is deep rather than thick, and his spindly arms end in stylized hoof gauntlets.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I main Mag Prime so there's no problem with Capture Missions. Pull, unload. Pull, unload. Repeat.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Haven't played in a while, I'm not sure what to aim for weapon wise. I have Volt, Burston and Orthos all leveled to 30, currently leveling a Cronos and Lato Vandal for mastery and farming Xini for a Banshee helm since I already got all the other parts. Are Kunai still the go-to secondary weapon upgrade? Also, what's the best way to get control modules?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I main Mag Prime so there's no problem with Capture Missions. Pull, unload. Pull, unload. Repeat.

He seems more like a druid than a paladin, if only because of his high-heeled hooves.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Arzachel posted:

Haven't played in a while, I'm not sure what to aim for weapon wise. I have Volt, Burston and Orthos all leveled to 30, currently leveling a Cronos and Lato Vandal for mastery and farming Xini for a Banshee helm since I already got all the other parts. Are Kunai still the go-to secondary weapon upgrade? Also, what's the best way to get control modules?

I can tell you the WORST way! Take your shiny new Tier 1 Mobile Defense Key and jump into the Void with your week-old MAG. Easily the toughest bit of gaming I've experienced in a long while. I did get 3 modules in addition to leveling up my Braton and Lato. Even if it did take an hour and a half...

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Careful doing this in the Void. Bottomless pits and certain terrain/objects will make the body disappear.

e:

Captaindirtnap posted:

I can tell you the WORST way! Take your shiny new Tier 1 Mobile Defense Key and jump into the Void with your week-old MAG. Easily the toughest bit of gaming I've experienced in a long while. I did get 3 modules in addition to leveling up my Braton and Lato. Even if it did take an hour and a half...

As consolation, if you do this at level 15+ still only using Pull, it's trivial assuming you max power efficiency.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 13, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sesquiculus posted:

I think he's supposed to look like a deer that walks upright. His torso is deep rather than thick, and his spindly arms end in stylized hoof gauntlets.

I hadn't noticed that idea, but you're right that he really does look like a bipedal deer. That's a really neat idea and I hope they do more creative ideas like that in the future. I like that they're departing a bit more into outlandish designs. Also wikipedia tells me Oberon is the king of the fairies in Renaissance literature, so I wonder if one down the line will be Titania. Maybe the bird-themed frame that they mentioned a year ago? And then make it a vulture to subvert the association between fairies and the more colorful song birds. Or an albatross if they want to be literary about it.

On a side note, Oberon is actually a pretty good frame. Not Rhino/Nova good, but he fits right in with most of the frames. It's refreshing to have a new frame that's reasonably well thought out after Nekros and Valkyr, while still not being totally broken.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 13, 2014

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Sesquiculus posted:

I think it's a clever bit of design. They make a paladin Warframe and he looks like a Satyr which Christians based Demons on.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

chumbler posted:

I hadn't noticed that idea, but you're right that he really does look like a bipedal deer. That's a really neat idea and I hope they do more creative ideas like that in the future. I like that they're departing a bit more into outlandish designs. Also wikipedia tells me Oberon is the king of the fairies in Renaissance literature, so I wonder if one down the line will be Titania. Maybe the bird-themed frame that they mentioned a year ago? And then make it a vulture to subvert the association between fairies and the more colorful song birds. Or an albatross if they want to be literary about it.

On a side note, Oberon is actually a pretty good frame. Not Rhino/Nova good, but he fits right in with most of the frames. It's refreshing to have a new frame that's reasonably well thought out after Nekros and Valkyr, while still not being totally broken.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Oberon is meant to kinda look like a faun, a mythical forest creature. Would go together with the origin of his name.

And yeah, I like Oberon. Of course, I've only yet played him, Excalibur and Ash so I have little to compare to, but Obe's a cool dude. Hallowed Ground is great in Infested defence missions, you can stack a couple of them around the target and they'll fry any nasties trying to tear the thing down. The healing thing is always useful, and Reckoning is a great straightforward "oh poo poo" room cleaner.

Most importantly he looks loving rad with his horns and super-shiny armor and all that.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Ive not played since December, is Nova still the most powerful warframe / room clearer?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

seizure later posted:

Ive not played since December, is Nova still the most powerful warframe / room clearer?

Yes. All hail the thermonuclear anime girl

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
If I level up my serration and heavy caliber any further, I will need to spend a seventh Forma on my Lanka. It's going to happen, I think.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
How's Valkyr? I'm thinking of buying of buying a new warframe for a change of pace. So far I have Volt, Rhino and Excalibur.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Huntsekker posted:

How's Valkyr? I'm thinking of buying of buying a new warframe for a change of pace. So far I have Volt, Rhino and Excalibur.

Valkyr is easy enough to get without paying for it. If you're going to buy a frame get Vauban, you can't farm missions for his parts.

From what people I play with say, Valkyr isn't the most ridiculously overpowered, but is still fun to play.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Built Latron and Burston Prime, with Mag and Frost Prime in the oven, and found a Dakra blade. :toot:

Now just need to grind T1 exterminates for the blueprint and farm up fifteen cells to make Dakra Prime. :negative:

But I want my multihit gold space saber, so I'm going to do it anyways. They'd better really fix melee in the melee 2.0 thing; I'll be unhappy if the gold space saber's never more than a decoration on my frame's back.

[Edit: Oh, and I think Valkyr sucks fairly hard. The Spiderman power is the only thing she has that's of any real use, her shields are godawful, and her high armor is meaningless. Her scream power just buffs melee speed, her stun power drains her own already-crappy shield reserves to use, and her ultimate isn't bad but is worse than most. Plus the double-V polarity slots are useless on her, so she more or less requires at least one forma straight out of the box.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 13, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

When? All of those are the opposite of my experience.

My guess is this is one of those things that only works if you're hosting/not hosting. I've had mind control work on the capture dudes sometimes and other times they just ignore it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Huntsekker posted:

Valkyr is awful. It was the 2nd frame I built after a trinity and I still have yet to get it to 30 because I can't stand playing her. Her shields suck, her powers are mediocre (Hysteria is probably the worst ultimate since it only hits 1 enemy at a time). Rip line is ok for getting to tight spots and pulling allies around but nova has wormhole which is much better for that anyways.

I plan on somehow getting mine to level 30 then selling it because the frame spot is more valuable than her.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a Nova. Your teammates will love you.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Dropped for a PS4, and certainly do like how freakin' gorgeous everything looks. I've replaced the lovely starter rifle, and I'm muddling my way through the mod / crafting system with the help of the wiki.

One thing does confuse me though, sometimes smaller, blue bars pop up with a random number ( Usually about 60-ish? ) and I have no idea what they are. :psyduck: I know the PS4 version is pretty drat buggy, but it's not consistent enough to be team-mates doing damage.

I also can't hit poo poo half the time with my sword because everything backpedals too fast. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in the same boat, only have Valkyr to 28 because I just hate using her. The only other frames I haven't built yet are Seryn, Nekros, and Banshee, and thus far I've preferred literally every other frame I've used to Valkyr.