Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Trent posted:

Man the copy/paste bits and random black mspaint squiggles are so bad. This is just unprofessional from a technical standpoint. At least something terrible-looking like reply all is consistent enough to call it a style rather than laziness or ineptitude.

The Prince Valiant colourist does it too. I'd think a professional visual artist would have something better than a $99 Acer lcd or know enough to use the eyedropper when picking colours to make sure everything matches, but then I'm not a lazy piece of garbage. Well, I am, but I'm a lazy piece of garbage who occasionally gives a poo poo about his work. Consider this your Wake-Up Call Comix.

Hudson is aware that he's in a comic strip, but fortunately he is a dog and doesn't have the capacity for existential dread.

Ballard Street

I'm imagining the solo from Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy here, and I absolutely cannot see this from Elizabeth's perspective because that song rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukulele bastard
Dec 5, 2006

Fuck, shit, cock, ass, titties, boner, bitch, muff, pussy, cock, butthole, Barbara Streisand!
Warning: Breaking Bad spoilers ahead. In Garfield form.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

I never thought I'd say these words, but I expect better from Mother Goose & Grimm.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

It's not the dying or the dying by a woman's hand that shakes up Willie so much. It's dying by the hands of THOSE two. Urgh.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Martians

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

A gif panning between Sniff and tiny Moomin would make an awesome avatar.

Also, poor Willie. I don't know if those twins are putting on an act or not, thinking he is there for them.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

TrixRabbi posted:

I never thought I'd say these words, but I expect better from Mother Goose & Grimm.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he took that from an ancient bumper sticker. D-, see me after class.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 2-4, 1926)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

loving yes. Never stop frog people. Never stop.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

This is going to get ugly. And septic.

Calvin And Hobbes

Can you see the Peanuts influence? Can you, huh?

Betty is like Stone Soup: Insufferable suburban pablum.

Official blurb: "Betty is a smart, savvy comic character who is unapologetically ordinary, happy and female. Betty is a truly modern woman - a wife, mother and working woman."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

I still don't understand why she had human-Palmtop sleep on the floor.

Like with many questions about Holbrook's comics, the answer is that it's a fetish thing.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

This is amazing in ways I cannot comprehend.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

That's right, native peoples! She's found the greatest story of her career, the only white man in the country!

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
I'm just going to ignore that the strip called the frog-people "aliens". No.

Darthemed posted:

Betty is like Stone Soup: Insufferable suburban pablum.

Official blurb: "Betty is a smart, savvy comic character who is unapologetically ordinary, happy and female. Betty is a truly modern woman - a wife, mother and working woman."

I remember this got posted for a bit in one of the old threads, eventually stopping since nearly every other strip was some smug boomer "some gizmo" joke, like about how old fashioned maps were better than Google Maps or some other poo poo. Or was that Stone Soup?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

cletepurcel posted:

I remember this got posted for a bit in one of the old threads, eventually stopping since nearly every other strip was some smug boomer "some gizmo" joke, like about how old fashioned maps were better than Google Maps or some other poo poo. Or was that Stone Soup?
Pretty sure that was Stone Soup; definitely so if you remember a strip where all the characters were singing "All we are saying / Is give peace a chance!" and the family dog was jumping through a hula hoop going "I LIKE PEAS".

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (October 20-21, 1983)

Nina's Adventures (November 22, 1993)

Lucky Cow (March 1-3, 2004)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cletepurcel posted:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Darthemed posted:

Pretty sure that was Stone Soup; definitely so if you remember a strip where all the characters were singing "All we are saying / Is give peace a chance!" and the family dog was jumping through a hula hoop going "I LIKE PEAS".

That sounds amazing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mister Beeg posted:

Thorn (October 20-21, 1983)

I've always loved Jeff Smith's wide-eye look.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (November 21st 2006)

Boondocks

Doonesbury

F-Minus

FoxTrot

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Yet another Chief Dharma where I have no idea what's going on.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

A big round of applause for today's guest writer Guy Gilchrist.

Pibgorn

Today's comic is a shoo-in for the easiest edit award.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

Can't say I was expecting a Penn & Teller joke. My night is better for it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

M Trail

3G

J Jones

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Devi posted:

Can't say I was expecting a Penn & Teller joke. My night is better for it.

But Teller doesn't shut up. He talks non frigging stop.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Today's comic is a shoo-in for the easiest edit award.

I almost thought it WAS an edit when thumbnailed :pwn:

Edit:

:nws:http://imgur.com/Y9FSXNE:nws:

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 14, 2014

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Does this explain everyone in Retail?

Retail

Wow sweet I always wanted a volatile manager who flew off the handle at the slightest provocation. And we already knew you wouldn't have given him a raise since you pretty much flat out denied it without any consideration.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I'm guessing this is going to lead to some real dog/robo dog shenanigans although we already had that theme come up a few times.

Dustin

Buckle up, kids, we're in for a week of this. Although I admit I like that dog.

On the Fastrack

Why does Breech keep getting assigned to this when she's an accounting executive?

Safe Havens

What does she have that I don't???

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens
What does she have that I don't???

She doesn't do genetic experiments on anything with a pulse.

Edit: I have a 9CL question. What's more likely: that the GI will have actually survived the war and he'll get reintroduced to the comic as an old man starting a love triangle between centenarians OR that the GI will get sent to a concentration camp?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 14, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Until they take his arms out from under the covers, I'm just going to continue to assume he's masturbating.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
If Rosa wants someone who's bold and spontaneous she should find someone who is and ditch Gunther instead of trying to change him. Honestly I'm not really sure what she ever saw in him in the first place.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

RandomPauI posted:

Edit: I have a 9CL question. What's more likely: that the GI will have actually survived the war and he'll get reintroduced to the comic as an old man starting a love triangle between centenarians OR that the GI will get sent to a concentration camp?

I think he's what's her name's father, except he's not actual her father because Grandma hosed/fell in love with a Nazi. But I think he raised her, but was a bitter person because he knew she wasn't his daughter? I think. I don't know, I think last thread or tow threads ago somebody started posting this storyline, but stopped at some point (because it was terrible the first time, it was terrible when it was being reposted, and it's still terrible know in these reruns).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

...what? :confused:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Lio redefines "skirt-chaser."

Red and Rover is beyond confusing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They introduced someone else as the dad-not-dad though, a guy who they hated who said something creepy about purity. And the mom and daughter sang about the mom being a love child.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Yet another Chief Dharma where I have no idea what's going on.

The reason the guy is a general manager when he has no apparent useful abilities or connections is because he's a serial sexual harasser. I know that makes no sense but I'm sure there's women who can back up having met these kinds of people on a regular basis while at work.

Speaking of management personnel ill-equipped to do their job, aws hell yeahs open the bloodgates~

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think it might be a garbage man joke. That net is for clearing refuse right?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- I debated biology at university yesterday
- Refugees aren't any dumber than Finns!
- drat right they are!

"Debating" is what we call completing and defending your doctoral thesis. The oral examination part or something. Whatever.

Fok_it

It's kind of annoying when Fok_it does jokes as culturally specific as this. Nuutinpäivä, St. Knut's Day, is celebrated in Finland and Sweden on 13 January (20 days after Christmas) to mark the end of the Christmas Peace which used to be a period when crimes were punished particularly harshly.

A bit of etymology first. Joulupukki, Santa Claus, is actually literally translated as Christmas goat or "Yule buck", an old tradition that later got pretty much conflated with Santa Claus and eventually became the old guy in red robes we now know. The old name stayed, though.

Knut's day ends Christmas, though, so the young men and women of the days of old decided to dress up as gangs of nuuttipukki, "Knut buck", wearing horns, masks, furs turned inside out and whatnot. These anti-Santas went from house to house, demanding to be let in and have the house's leftover Christmas beer and food. Refusing was socially frowned upon and could bring down the wraths of the bucks, so you had to weigh having your stuff broken and getting hit with a piss-drenched wooden scepter or something against allowing a gaggle of drunkards inside your house. Entertaining them with some of your beer did reward you with songs and prayers for good harvest, so there's that. Nowadays in some parts of Finland little kids may dress up in weird clothes and ask politely for candy or whatever.

The deal with the seal pup? It's a kuutti. I suppose that counts as a pun.

The Finnish mark was used before we moved to the euro back in 2002. Some weird people still compare prices to what they were when we had marks while completely ignoring any changes in money value during the past 12 years.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Today and yesterdays Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

tiistai posted:

The deal with the seal pup? It's a kuutti.

I'll say. :3:

• Locked thread