Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Nemico posted:

He pronounces it like that on purpose, though.

Right, I thought both of them were on purpose.

Or is ex-spearmint just a weird bit of WV dialect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Teddybear posted:

I kinda like Sawbones a little more than MBMBaM right now, which might make me a pariah; the focus on one topic throughout an episode is kinda nice and sets the theme really well. I'm a sucker for MBMBaM's theme episodes, like the candlenights and the all-ghost episode they did.

Yea I'd put them equal at least for me, theme episodes are great on MBMBaM and I hope we get some more non-holiday ones.

Though to be fair for the past couple episodes 'Griffon really wants to just commit some crime and break bad' has been a 'theme'.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Jay Dub posted:

Right, I thought both of them were on purpose.

Or is ex-spearmint just a weird bit of WV dialect?

I'm not sure if it is. It can be pretty easy to pick out regional stuff from the way they talk, but I think I might be guilty of pronouncing experiment the same way and I'm a country away from WV.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Teddybear posted:

I kinda like Sawbones a little more than MBMBaM right now, which might make me a pariah; the focus on one topic throughout an episode is kinda nice and sets the theme really well. I'm a sucker for MBMBaM's theme episodes, like the candlenights and the all-ghost episode they did.

Which one was the all-ghost episode?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Ariong posted:

Which one was the all-ghost episode?

126: Blast My Cache

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I remember that episode, but I didn't notice that it was all-ghost. I'll have to listen to it again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey I've been half-remembering a joke for a while now and I can't remember if it was from MBMBAM or not.

It was a Yahoo Answers Nights question saying something like 'now that pot is legal will junkies start working at McDonalds and I'll find heroin needles in my hamburgers?' All I remember is the frame of the question and whoever read it laughed about a junkie being done with his needle and just tossing it in the meat patty but for some reason it's been making me grin all afternoon.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Justin's terrible English accent was unfunny as poo poo and I hated it and wondered why they hadn't edited it out.

AND THEN, THE PAYOFF.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
I can attest to the fact that we call him Jeezy-Creezy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Been catching up on my backlog for this for a while, and I just got to episode 144. The opening 15 minutes about the corpse movers just loving floored me, holy poo poo.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I can attest to the fact that we call him Jeezy-Creezy.
I'm so glad I listened to that part of the episode at home because I full on burst out laughing when Travis said that.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey I've been half-remembering a joke for a while now and I can't remember if it was from MBMBAM or not.

It was a Yahoo Answers Nights question saying something like 'now that pot is legal will junkies start working at McDonalds and I'll find heroin needles in my hamburgers?' All I remember is the frame of the question and whoever read it laughed about a junkie being done with his needle and just tossing it in the meat patty but for some reason it's been making me grin all afternoon.

In case you're still looking for it: http://maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-59-real-talk-live-face-2-face-2

About 55 minutes in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just went back and listened to the Pamela Anderson Garfield bit and it is still probably the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Dragonatrix posted:

Been catching up on my backlog for this for a while, and I just got to episode 144. The opening 15 minutes about the corpse movers just loving floored me, holy poo poo.

Episode 144 is notable for no longer containing one of my favorite bits, Justin's Atrocious Owl Imagery, which was so atrocious that Griffin has since excised it from the episode.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ixjuvin posted:

Episode 144 is notable for no longer containing one of my favorite bits, Justin's Atrocious Owl Imagery, which was so atrocious that Griffin has since excised it from the episode.

Um, that's's not true. Not on the iTunes version, anyway. It's 16:45 in, and even mentions it in the description.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Ariong posted:

Um, that's's not true. Not on the iTunes version, anyway. It's 16:45 in, and even mentions it in the description.

Oh! Well I'm glad it's still there I guess. It's not in the Maximum Fun website version somehow. :iiam:

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Ixjuvin posted:

Oh! Well I'm glad it's still there I guess. It's not in the Maximum Fun website version somehow. :iiam:

No it's still there in that version too, I don't think there was any way Griffin would ever let Justin off on that bit.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
Ep 181 is out and boy howdy it was great...oh wait it's actually called Boycar.

"I burnt my dick and he burnt his butthole, thanks MBMBAM, that'll be 2 billion dollars please."

dayman fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 30, 2013

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

20forward sounds so much better to me than 20-dirt did. Like a dog want a bag.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nothing will ever be as good as Get It in 20Doz

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Which episode was the one where they talked about Trash Monkeys? If you don't know what I'm talking about, imagine a cool, refreshing glass of clean, non acidic water. Now imagine the opposite of that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My one problem with MBMBaM has been highlighted in this episode, sometimes they're way too nice. I really wish the answer the 'sexy geek girl' who 'came out' as a geek and was worried her husband was trying to 'get her back in the closet' would get would be to step in front of a bus.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
They made fun of furries a while back, and there was a huge backlash of people who got really upset at their perceived insensitivity. Ever since then they've pulled a lot of punches.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On the other hand "MY BEAR IS 1 TO 8 STARS SO GOOD LUCK" made me laugh until I cried, so all was forgiven pretty loving fast.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My one problem with MBMBaM has been highlighted in this episode, sometimes they're way too nice. I really wish the answer the 'sexy geek girl' who 'came out' as a geek and was worried her husband was trying to 'get her back in the closet' would get would be to step in front of a bus.

I dunno, I feel like it'd be pretty lovely to say "it's perfectly okay for your husband to not support you, good luck fucker"

vv- fair point :respek:

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 7, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Toaster Beef posted:

I dunno, I feel like it'd be pretty lovely to say "it's perfectly okay for your husband to not support you, good luck fucker"

No they gave her the right advice, she just asked like a total rear end in a top hat and it'd be funny if she got called out on that too. Like, you can say 'go to your con gently caress him' and also 'yo maybe don't talk about 'the closet' for 'I like doctor who', dipshit'?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

It only makes it funnier when they're rude to people who paid for a message.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm not sure why anyone would buy a time sensitive message from them, they consistently make it clear promptness is not a concern for them

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a time sensitive message from them, they consistently make it clear promptness is not a concern for them

That's pretty much the only kind of personal message they do, though.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

That's pretty much the only kind of personal message they do, though.

Well, just wait until my personal ad runs in two weeks. :dance:

No, not really.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Yogi the Stareater was the greatest science fiction short story of our generation.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Which episode was it that had the question about where to put your hands while making out because I feel there has been a few of them. Specifically the one where someone suggests ribs and Griffin gets all the way skeeved out.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I know Griffin gives a giant warning about audio quality at the front of the ep, but it's totally fine and so far one of my favorite in a while. "Serious Chuck - it's called Charles!"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

One of the funniest goofs from recent episodes is Griffin as a squier. "BRIAN IS HERE!"

Mainly it's the voice. I wish I could remember the exact episode so I could listen to it over and over again.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Is there a way to access episodes 1 - 83 through itunes? I've searched around but the rss only seems to go as far back as episode 84 and no other podcast app seems to try to go back further.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ratzinc posted:

Is there a way to access episodes 1 - 83 through itunes? I've searched around but the rss only seems to go as far back as episode 84 and no other podcast app seems to try to go back further.

Nope. The older episodes are easily accessed at https://mbmbam.libsyn.com.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Have you guys noticed that we call Gypsies Romani, but still maintain the fiction that they're people who curse others?"

"Yea we're the pits."

I fuckin love this show so much.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Maybe everyone else loves them and I'm the crazy one, but I've started skipping any section where Justin decides to bust out his hilarious Snowden voice. They're barely even jokes, he just starts talking like a weirdo and then stops when he finally realizes that it's not going anywhere and is just annoying to listen to.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I like Snowden. There's something compelling to me about the idea that Edward Snowden has taken refuge inside of a podcast, despite even the people on the podcast understanding how impossible that is. I also like how you can, from one sentence, extrapolate exactly how much Justin knows about Edward Snowden. Also, if you skipped that segment then you missed Shoogle.Lycos.Geocities.Angelfire.net.

Is it just me, or did this episode have the lowest advice:non-advice ratio yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"Have you guys noticed that we call Gypsies Romani, but still maintain the fiction that they're people who curse others?"

"Yea we're the pits."

I fuckin love this show so much.

"What happens to a bird in low gravity?"

"It becomes two in the bush...so shave."

EDIT: I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE GIANT BOMB THREAD!

• Locked thread