Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Tank Abbott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This may be my favorite so far

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought so.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

sticklefifer posted:

So does Dolph now join the ranks of Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and Edge in the category of "Wrestlers that have some sort of injured body part we declare to be held together with [fragile material] and [adhesive substance]"?

Aluminum highlight wraps and hair bleach.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

WrasslorMonkey posted:

This may be my favorite so far

MERCI RYBACK *clap clap clapclapclapclap*

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

getitoffgetitoff posted:

MERCI RYBACK *clap clap clapclapclapclap*
STIFF BAGUETTES
HOSPITAL BEDS

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
It's a shame that Ryback, as bad as he truly was, is quitting or getting fired or whatever...

And Curtis Axel will still have a career.

(unless this is just a lovely swerve)

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

It's a shame that Ryback, as bad as he truly was, is quitting or getting fired or whatever...

Yeah he's denifnately on his way out he had to delete his tweets so WWE can recast the role.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cowboy Bobs Hep C posted:

Yeah he's denifnately on his way out he had to delete his tweets so WWE can recast the role.
Now, playing the role of Ryback... Mason Ryan!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Skunkrocker posted:

Curtis Axel can train guys in NXT. I don't want Ryback teaching anyone how to wrestle.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

Now, playing the role of Ryback... Mason Ryan!
Mason Ryan Reeves

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The joke is he had two matches and finished his last one. Now it's time to go home.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that

njsykora posted:

Curtis Axel can train guys in NXT. I don't want Ryback teaching anyone how to wrestle.

If I was anyone in NXT and they brought in Curtis Axel to teach me things I'd be pretty insulted. I like Curtis Axel as a character but he's still really, really nothing special.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Fang Blade Havoc posted:

If I was anyone in NXT and they brought in Curtis Axel to teach me things I'd be pretty insulted. I like Curtis Axel as a character but he's still really, really nothing special.

Wasn't it him and Curt Hawkins tasked with the job of getting The Rock back to match fitness?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

incredible bear posted:

Wasn't it him and Curt Hawkins tasked with the job of getting The Rock back to match fitness?

Yep, and supposedly the resulting mini-push was his reward.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yea, Axel's got respect in the locker room as being one of the safest workers they have. Which just makes the Ryback pairing more incongruous.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yea, Axel's got respect in the locker room as being one of the safest workers they have. Which just makes the Ryback pairing more incongruous.

It might be "Well, we've got one guy who's dangerously unsafe. Maybe we should pair him with a guy who's really safe, in the hope that he might teach him how to be more safe".

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That's pretty drat true. You really can't fault Axel for his ring work. He seems like a really solid, sturdy guy in the ring.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Axel isn't some groundbreaking pioneer in the ring but he's probably one of the most solid guys on the roster and exactly the type of person you'd want to train with for a big match (such as the case of the Rock and Brock Lesnar). Apparently he has a lot of respect backstage as a worker which is probably why he's still on TV after his IC push didn't work out.

Interestingly enough I think I also heard that both Axel and Hawkins are mentees of Tensai.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I stand corrected, gently caress off Ryan. Enjoy TNA.

serbp
Nov 30, 2013
Wait, Ryback got fired from WWE or something? Last time I was watching Raw week to week they were giving him a pretty big push, what happened?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Some Other Guy posted:

Axel isn't some groundbreaking pioneer in the ring but he's probably one of the most solid guys on the roster and exactly the type of person you'd want to train with for a big match (such as the case of the Rock and Brock Lesnar). Apparently he has a lot of respect backstage as a worker which is probably why he's still on TV after his IC push didn't work out.

Interestingly enough I think I also heard that both Axel and Hawkins are mentees of Tensai.

It's why this gimmick is so crap. Because if Axel was given a solid gimmick, to match his solid ring work, he'd be great.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

serbp posted:

Wait, Ryback got fired from WWE or something? Last time I was watching Raw week to week they were giving him a pretty big push, what happened?
He gave Dolph a concussion recently and he's acting weird on Twitter, teasing that he was 'released' but it was just from being pulled over by the cops.

serbp
Nov 30, 2013

Perigryn posted:

He gave Dolph a concussion recently and he's acting weird on Twitter, teasing that he was 'released' but it was just from being pulled over by the cops.

Didn't someone else give Dolph Ziggler a concussion or something like that too, or am I just imagining things? I think it was Jack Swagger?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VogeGandire posted:

It's why this gimmick is so crap. Because if Axel was given a solid gimmick, to match his solid ring work, he'd be great.
Well that and his promo skills are kind of subpar, though I think he's made some good progress since the "Genesis" promo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I kind of like Axel's current gimmick which was best illustrated by his recent match with Ziggler. He dominated Ziggler and got off some good spots while laughing like a crazy rear end in a top hat and yelling about how awesome he is -- then he slipped on a banana peel or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

serbp posted:

Didn't someone else give Dolph Ziggler a concussion or something like that too, or am I just imagining things? I think it was Jack Swagger?

Yes, Swagger kicked him in the face

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm honestly surprised Ryback still has a job after he hurt both Cena and Punk(both of whom took some time off after their matches). Clobbering Ziggler is kinda inevitable since Ziggler doesn't understand safe bumping.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Dolph Ziggler is the closest thing to Wile E. Coyote in real life that I know of.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ryback only started doing his deleting on twitter over the "I got fired" thing when he posted a tweet about how he's not really injured that many people anyway, and Tensai doesn't count because he sandbagged him so it wasn't his fault.

Apparently this didn't go down well with Tensai who's kind of popular backstage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

Ryback only started doing his deleting on twitter over the "I got fired" thing when he posted a tweet about how he's not really injured that many people anyway, and Tensai doesn't count because he sandbagged him so it wasn't his fault.

Apparently this didn't go down well with Tensai who's kind of popular backstage.

he's wiped several times before. Normally after mouthing off to fans or media.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

He actually retweeted that Tensai didn't sandbag so that fits with the above idea I guess. Hey maybe we'll see Ryback jobbing to Tensai soon

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Ryback still being funny

https://twitter.com/Ryback22/status/422826283698241537

quote:

@Ryback22 3m
"@tastemyrizzo: @Ryback22 Come drink a beer with us before #RAW, King Big Guy." Sure sounds good, but can you bring ur friend in profile pic

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Zack tweets the saddest poo poo:
https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/422932496561750016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is there heat between Axel and Punk? Axel oversold on Punk and Punk sandbagged Axel in different matches, from my memory. Seemed kind of blatant.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Quick! Before it's deleted! :D (Ryback tweeting this)

Edit: And naturally, it has been deleted. screenshot

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 14, 2014

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Ryback Rules

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

This is going to be the IWC's Sad Keanu, right?

I hope I'm not right.