Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

catlord posted:

I think he's what's her name's father, except he's not actual her father because Grandma hosed/fell in love with a Nazi. But I think he raised her, but was a bitter person because he knew she wasn't his daughter? I think. I don't know, I think last thread or tow threads ago somebody started posting this storyline, but stopped at some point (because it was terrible the first time, it was terrible when it was being reposted, and it's still terrible know in these reruns).

This is a continuation of (or parallel story to) that "Edie Ernst: USO Spy" bullshit that ran interminably for a year and a half several threads ago, except this is the story from dad-not-dad's point of view. If he didn't make all of that clear...well, that's because a certain pretentious cartoonist doesn't do clarity anymore.

Among the other storytelling and artistic flaws that drove us all up the wall, Edie's story was paced terribly. There was no reason it couldn't have been wrapped up in a fraction of the time (Brooke's editors are probably terrified of him at this point), and there's no reason to expect that this one won't drag on forever, too.

Anyway, Peanuts! ACTION SEQUENCE! (January 17, 1967)

In case you missed yesterday, Funky Winkerbean is pretending to be interested in the school again.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (January 17, 1956)

Out Our Way (March 31 and April 1, 1924)

And now that one cowboy panel has slipped out of the corral, here comes the stampede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I want to read Fluff Daddy in the Slammer too.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

What. The. gently caress. This may very well be peak Boyce.

I usually find Dilbert amusing, but I seriously belly laughed at this one.

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

:ughh: Very K&Kish though.

Heavenly Nostrils is still a day off, but here are Sunday's and yesterday's which magically appeared.

Just hope you don't wipe out your 4G cap (or 3G in my case. Around here 4G is mythological :v:).

Kliban's Cats

That's a drat fatte catte.

9 Chickweed Lane 1/14/2003

Whatever.

Zits

Isn't there a size limit to QR codes? That one seems too big to work.

Kevin & Kell

:ughh: Wait... OUR house?

Nemi

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ah gross, Holbrook's fetish comics are leaking.

Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
How did Skinny Creep know a word that I didn't? :saddowns:

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

7thBatallion posted:

But Teller doesn't shut up. He talks non frigging stop.

That's Penn. Teller is the silent one.

There are books for kids who have a parent in jail and libraries should have a few for kids in that situation. You'd think the Liberry Lady would have a special collection for James by now. The kid needs it.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Johnny Walker posted:

Luann

Until they take his arms out from under the covers, I'm just going to continue to assume he's masturbating.

No Gunther, don't be a bad boy. Bad boys grow hair on their palms. No, wait, that's what Rosa wants. Keep your hands under those covers, Gunther, it's your last chance not to lose her!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Just hope you don't wipe out your 4G cap (or 3G in my case. Around here 4G is mythological :v:).

3G, Jesus. How do you steam HD videos?? When my LTE dips into 4G speeds I feel Lost and Alone Comix.

Pooch Café

I waited until my post would be on the light-coloured background before hitting reply to make this one work better. If you're browsing the forums in a non-standard way, you are sabotaging your own reading experience.

Ballard Street

Translation: Arthur's wife was throwing out an armoire.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Here's the brave World War I lawyer, a prisoner of El Blobbo.

Calvin And Hobbes

Bewley, done by Anthony Blades, is about a family of blue birds. I think that's about it. At least it's not another Holbrook strip.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

The Amazing Spider-Man

Classic Prince Valiant

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

I forgot people would be reading these with the English pronounciation in mind, but man that's a nice coincidence :3:

A pair of Fok_its from the olden times that I forgot to post earlier

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

RandomFerret posted:

3G, Jesus. How do you steam HD videos?? When my LTE dips into 4G speeds I feel Lost and Alone Comix.

3G is just my "work MiFi" that I use when I'm out in the boonies and a customer's system decides to implode, and I have to take immediate action. I have good ol', reasonably reliable, Time Warner copper in my home/office.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Isn't there a size limit to QR codes? That one seems too big to work.
No. A camera scanning a QR code doesn't know how big it is as long as it can focus well enough to resolve it. Meaning Jeremy might need to take a step or two back to properly scan it. A dedicated hand QR scanner might have issues, but that's a limit of the scanner, not the protocol.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I waited until my post would be on the light-coloured background before hitting reply to make this one work better.
I just wanted to say I admire your dedication to the Comic Strip Megathread cause.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Mike du Jour

Monty

Obligatory song about pandas dying

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 14, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

[b]Mike du Jour

What. Am I not up to date on current events memes or has he straight up had a stroke?

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
Looking at the menu, I think it's a Tang joke.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Some Guy TT posted:

The reason the guy is a general manager when he has no apparent useful abilities or connections is because he's a serial sexual harasser. I know that makes no sense but I'm sure there's women who can back up having met these kinds of people on a regular basis while at work.

I still don't get it. Why would sexually harassing women get him promoted?

Rhymes With Orange

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Why does Breech keep getting assigned to this when she's an accounting executive?
And why is Deathany so fixated on being bestest friends with her? There's something slightly creepy about how Dethany keeps pursuing her and how it looks in this particular strip.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GorfZaplen posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yes, careen into the local business and murder innocent people. Good idea, Spidey.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Depressing Box posted:

Looking at the menu, I think it's a Tang joke.

And not a very good one.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Devi posted:

That's Penn. Teller is the silent one.

Only during the shows. Teller talks non stop afterwards. I tried to have a conversation with him and he just dominated. It's been said the worst fate is sitting next to him on an airplane.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Holy Molé

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

7thBatallion posted:

Only during the shows. Teller talks non stop afterwards. I tried to have a conversation with him and he just dominated. It's been said the worst fate is sitting next to him on an airplane.
I wouldn't want to sit next to or within earshot of either one of them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
February 9 & 10, 1918

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

7thBatallion posted:

He must feel compelled to make up for lost time.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You better watch out, because those pandas usually are packing heat.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

But only if you add extra commas.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I'm guessing this is going to lead to some real dog/robo dog shenanigans although we already had that theme come up a few times.

Yet another new character. Whatever happened to Grammy K, or the sentient 3D printer, or the parents for that matter? Bleeker's circling the drain creatively, it's got a bad case of Roy/Poochie syndrome going.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I'm guessing this is going to lead to some real dog/robo dog shenanigans although we already had that theme come up a few times.

What the hell, dude??
  I'm like, right here.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Skip's parents have never been shown AFAIK although I haven't read it from the beginning. I have no idea why Orac-L or especially Grammy K have been written out since they should both still be around.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

bonestructure posted:

Yet another new character. Whatever happened to Grammy K, or the sentient 3D printer, or the parents for that matter? Bleeker's circling the drain creatively, it's got a bad case of Roy/Poochie syndrome going.

Grandma died of old age, Skip pawned the printer for Ritalin money. He's going to kill that dog somehow, I just know it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He'll try and recharge it when it's tired by hooking it up to the mains.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Grandma died of old age, Skip pawned the printer for Ritalin money. He's going to kill that dog somehow, I just know it.

With Grandma dead, Skip hasn't eaten anything in weeks other than the gruel that Bleaeker produces as an emergency food source. Skip is lucky this design feature was implemented as the developers for Bleaeker were aware only criminally negligent parents would actually buy a Bleaeker to care for their child.

Needless to say, Skip is getting a nice meal tonight as soon as Bleaeker tranquilizes him and slaughters the dog to cook.

e:

"What the hell, dude, spell my name right!"

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 15, 2014

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Midnight Moth posted:

Skip's parents have never been shown AFAIK although I haven't read it from the beginning. I have no idea why Orac-L or especially Grammy K have been written out since they should both still be around.

They were shown a few times, but only from the waist down. The last time we saw them (or rather, their legs and butts) they were heading out the door with suitcases saying "Oh, Grammy K is going to come stay with you for a while!" Exit parents, pursued by a bear. We also had Refurb as one of the new characters, but he's actually pretty good. This dog makes the fourth new character introduced to the strip in the last year or two. I guess they're just throwing everything at the metaphorical wall to see what sticks.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm still not convinced the dog isn't going to disappear at the end of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm still not convinced the dog isn't going to disappear at the end of the week.
Also possible since Blik-R and Karl's girlfriend were only around for a week.

bonestructure posted:

They were shown a few times, but only from the waist down. The last time we saw them (or rather, their legs and butts) they were heading out the door with suitcases saying "Oh, Grammy K is going to come stay with you for a while!" Exit parents, pursued by a bear. We also had Refurb as one of the new characters, but he's actually pretty good. This dog makes the fourth new character introduced to the strip in the last year or two. I guess they're just throwing everything at the metaphorical wall to see what sticks.
Yeah, I just started reading it from the beginning and Skip's parents are around in the house but off panel. Also Bleeker is the only robot so far and it's a lot of Skip trying to treat Bleeker like a real dog gags.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 15, 2014

• Locked thread