Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Now you're going to understand how much it sucks waiting for a new episode.

This. I started season 1 sometime last year and gave up on it.

Picked it back up in March/April and apart from a clean break after season 5 (wasn't sure if I wanted to continue, that ending was just so good) I caught up by episode 2 of this season, and it has been torturous waiting week to week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

aBagorn posted:

This. I started season 1 sometime last year and gave up on it.

Picked it back up in March/April and apart from a clean break after season 5 (wasn't sure if I wanted to continue, that ending was just so good) I caught up by episode 2 of this season, and it has been torturous waiting week to week.
Heh, that's really similar to what I did. I started near the beginning of the year, I forget when, went through the first five seasons, stopped for a month or so, and then eventually caught up just to find the show was stuck in winter hiatus. Netflix Instant really helps shows add a lot of viewers I think.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I did this with Arrow. I hope the CW app has Season 2 on it.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
God

drat

hiatus

:negative:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Fill it in with Justified and Sherlock in the meantime.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

isk posted:

Fill it in with Justified and Sherlock in the meantime.

Not a fan. Sherlock is Moffatt at his most Moffatty.

I do like Elementary though, and I'm half a season behind there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Intelligence starts tomorrow and I like me some Josh Holloway.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

GreenNight posted:

Oh, gently caress I miss Sawyer. What's this show and where is it? Is there a thread? Is my Googler broken?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was wrong - it starts Tuesday on NBC. No thread yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_%28U.S._TV_series%29

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was Taters posted:

Oh, gently caress I miss Sawyer. What's this show and where is it? Is there a thread? Is my Googler broken?

It's basically Josh Holloway as Chuck Bartowski.

Also he can brain hack stuff.

It starts next Tuesday though, not tomorrow.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Just popping in for my first-time-through-Supernatural report. Loved the Season 3/Season 4 transition, digging the introduction of Castiel (I know he becomes a bigger character later).

I just finished Monster Movie and I have two things to say:
1. While I appreciate a MOTW novelty episode, I feel like it's always Shapeshifters. Like, in my mind, I know they've only shown up a few times in the show, but when I saw "Dean determines a shape shifter demon is appearing as iconic monsters" I rolled my eyes so hard. It was a good episode in the end, though.

2. Jensen Ackles is hot, yeah, but in black and white? :swoon:

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

GreenNight posted:

This show reminds me of Chuck. Except the guy is already a badass instead of a nerd

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tupping Liberty posted:

Just popping in for my first-time-through-Supernatural report. Loved the Season 3/Season 4 transition, digging the introduction of Castiel (I know he becomes a bigger character later).

I just finished Monster Movie and I have two things to say:
1. While I appreciate a MOTW novelty episode, I feel like it's always Shapeshifters. Like, in my mind, I know they've only shown up a few times in the show, but when I saw "Dean determines a shape shifter demon is appearing as iconic monsters" I rolled my eyes so hard. It was a good episode in the end, though.

For some reason your second comment brings to mind other "special" Deans. Wild West Dean cracked me up.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Let's be honest. Dean is always..."special."

I love this show and Wild West Dean was great and you just started watching so you're great, Tupping Liberty.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Tupping Liberty posted:

Never a truer sentence spoken before.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
I really love how they seem to go out of their way to give Dean an excuse to dress up as something goofy. Lederhosen Dean in black and white? Sure. Wild West? Hell yeah. Gym teacher? Won't forget that any time soon. Cold War military uniform? Lookin' fine. Let's just throw in a fashion montage overseen by Alex Krycek Elliot Ness for good measure. I wonder what Dean's wardrobe has in store for us this season :allears:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Coulrophobia posted:

I wonder what Dean's wardrobe has in store for us this season :allears:

Lies, self-recrimination and bad decisions. Same as always.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Did I just see a giant teddy bear commit suicide (fake edit: and fail)?

Ha! KNEEL BEFORE TODD!

Season 4 is amazing.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Tupping Liberty posted:

Ha! KNEEL BEFORE TODD!

Season 4 is amazing.

On Thursdays we are Teddy bear doctors.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Coulrophobia posted:

I really love how they seem to go out of their way to give Dean an excuse to dress up as something goofy. Lederhosen Dean in black and white? Sure. Wild West? Hell yeah. Gym teacher? Won't forget that any time soon. Cold War military uniform? Lookin' fine. Let's just throw in a fashion montage overseen by Alex Krycek Elliot Ness for good measure. I wonder what Dean's wardrobe has in store for us this season :allears:

Dem shorts.

(I'm all caught up after starting the series a few months ago and I still log on Netflix and go, oh yeah. there's nothing left. Sigh.)

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Tupping Liberty posted:

Ha! KNEEL BEFORE TODD!

Season 4 is amazing.

That Teddy Bear suicide has sold more of my friends on this show than anything else.

WHYYYYYYYY

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I love the little girl emphatically yelling, "For TEA PARTIES!" in that scene.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
The KNEEL BEFORE TODD line got all my comic book nerd buttons. But yeah that's probably the best episode for like 3 seasons.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

Dem shorts.

(I'm all caught up after starting the series a few months ago and I still log on Netflix and go, oh yeah. there's nothing left. Sigh.)

When does this happen, so I know how long I have before I get to this gem?

Also, how do you guys feel about any of the female characters on this show (Keep in mind I'm only in season 4)? I like to read these "retro recaps" as I go along but the recapper tends to really hate on most of the female characters. Here's their take on Ruby and Anna. http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com/blog/?p=4610

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 12, 2014

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Tupping Liberty posted:

When does this happen, so I know how long I have before I get to this gem?

Also, how do you guys feel about any of the female characters on this show (Keep in mind I'm only in season 4)? I like to read these "retro recaps" as I go along but the recapper tends to really hate on most of the female characters. Here's their take on Ruby and Anna. http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com/blog/?p=4610

I'm pretty sure it's later in season 4...you're in for a treat.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
That's a really bittersweet episode, though :smith: but yeah, gym shorts.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Was Taters posted:

The KNEEL BEFORE TODD line got all my comic book nerd buttons. But yeah that's probably the best episode for like 3 seasons.

How quickly you've forgotten about the fairy episode and The French Mistake.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Some Numbers posted:

How quickly you've forgotten about the fairy episode and The French Mistake.

Yeah, those didn't do me as much as they did the rest of you. I'm finicky. *tosses hair*

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Was Taters posted:

Yeah, those didn't do me as much as they did the rest of you. I'm finicky. *tosses hair*

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of The French Mistake (I don't follow anyone on Twitter, so I feel like most of the jokes went over my head). But c'mon, Changing Channels was season 5! Gabriel :3:

Cristatus fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 13, 2014

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
Im on season 5 right now and I can say this is already one of my favorite shows.

I cant stop watching.

My wife has watched this show for a while now and I finally watched a rerun with her two weeks ago. I thought this was some stupid monster gilmore girls show.

I think I have a bigger crush on Dean and Sam than she does...

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Oh right! I am so excited for tonight. The clips are exciiiiiting.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
gently caress I forgot we got supernatural on tuesdays, this is going to be great >:D

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Hey, they actually got an Idaho plate!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Muffin, noooo!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Somerset? That's freaking middle of nowhere in the mountains in PA.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

You don't say you're playing both sides to a psychopathic nearly unkillable demon.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Holy poo poo, Plan C is awesome!

Edit: Muffin was adorable :smith:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Yes, I know, I'm dead. I love you too.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

This means more Tahmoh Penikett right? Swoon. Although it's a shame Gadreel-Sam is gone, Padalecki seems better at playing other versions of Sam most of the time.

Crowley 2014

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

hope and vaseline posted:

This means more Tahmoh Penikett right? Swoon. Although it's a shame Gadreel-Sam is gone, Padalecki seems better at playing other versions of Sam most of the time.

I don't think Dean has ever gotten possessed. People just can't resist that moose-like body.

• Locked thread