Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Which is a bit odd given that what he said was "not our division".

Oh hey, I just noticed the quote on the gif is wrong. But yeah, it looks like the other languages got it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

cool kids inc. posted:

I have several counters to this but I'm trying to limit myself to the first two seasons out of respect to the large portion of the board who hasn't seen it yet, so you get our Lestrade, who says that's not our division.

In searching for this I discovered that people have gone apeshit over this two second scene and have various versions with that phrase in different languages. Lestrade eating a baguette, donning a beret with "Pas notre division" for instance. They get weirder when you get into Klingon and Swedish.

Ah, yes, but we have Lestrade (briefly anyway) and also Capt. Gregson, who is awesome.

Your Sherlock rubs the head of our Sherlock for luck.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh gently caress this poo poo, Dads is doing Mr. Creosote. gently caress. THIS. poo poo.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

How is Dads still on the air and why has Seth Green sunk to such lows

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They want to keep Seth MacFarlane happy.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

why has Seth Green sunk to such lows

He's never risen enough to sink.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Finally a piece of news regarding what we can expect for SEASON 2 of Nathan For You:
http://www.npr.org/2014/01/02/25908...ign=nprbusiness

quote:

You know, one maid takes four hours to clean a house, and two maids takes two hours, half the time. So, like, we're seeing if 40 maids can clean a house in six minutes.

On cue, a busload of unsuspecting housekeepers arrive to clean a two-bedroom house.

:allears: Can't wait. Still one of the best shows of 2013. Surprised it cracked the Top 50 here.

quote:

Correction Jan. 2, 2014

The comedian's last name is incorrect throughout this story. He is Nathan Fielder, not Fielding.

:laugh:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Adult Swim put season 3 of Eagleheart on their YouTube, now you don't have an excuse to not watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nalQHQkZ8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hope and vaseline posted:

How is Dads still on the air and why has Seth Green sunk to such lows

I thought Fox was going to take it off the air?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

muscles like this? posted:

I thought Fox was going to take it off the air?

It's going off in February, when Glee comes back on and takes the 8-9 timeslot and pushes B99 to 9:30 (after New Girl).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Man seeing Matthew Perry on Cougartown tonight makes me sad NBC cancelled Go On.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

At the very least the finale of Go On felt like it was pretty much all closure. It's still a shame to see such a special show die young :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For a different take, let's hear from me,

That show was rear end.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Adult Swim put season 3 of Eagleheart on their YouTube, now you don't have an excuse to not watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nalQHQkZ8

Is there anything I need to know before diving in?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

Is there anything I need to know before diving in?

Not really, there isn't a lot of continuity/story for the series. Also the other thing to know is that the last part of this isn't up yet as it airs Thursday night.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How come there's no thread for Kroll Show? The new season premiered tonight and I didn't get to watch it live but I DVRed it so I'm watching it now and it's hilarious. So many great comedians are making guest appearances this season too!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I was looking for a Kroll thread too as there was one last year. The interweaving of characters is incredible, when you see someone like C-Czar pop up in Pretty Liz's storyline, it doesn't feel forced or recycling characters for the sake of it, Kroll has actually built this amazing world within a silly sketch universe and it absolutely works. The s2 special that aired makes it look like this is going to be a solid season, and I'm sure everyone is siked for more Wheels, Ontario.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope that now it's back those terrible ads will stop.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

zoux posted:

For a different take, let's hear from me,

That show was rear end.

It was a hell of a lot better than Cougar Town.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

I have several counters to this but I'm trying to limit myself to the first two seasons out of respect to the large portion of the board who hasn't seen it yet, so you get our Lestrade, who says that's not our division.

In searching for this I discovered that people have gone apeshit over this two second scene and have various versions with that phrase in different languages. Lestrade eating a baguette, donning a beret with "Pas notre division" for instance. They get weirder when you get into Klingon and Swedish.

It's really the Sherlock fans that make Elementary the better show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chamberk posted:

Never seen it so I can't comment.

Perry was fine in Go On, it was his obnoxious supporting cast, especially Beardo the Weirdo, that really grated on my nerves.

Non related: apparently the buzz is that Donal Logue has been offered the Commissioner Gordon role in Gotham.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

zoux posted:

Non related: apparently the buzz is that Donal Logue has been offered the Commissioner Gordon role in Gotham.
Sorry but that's Latino Review making up stuff as usual.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Threep posted:

Sorry but that's Latino Review making up stuff as usual.

NO BUT JOHNNY DEPP IS DEFINITELY GONNA BE DR STRANGE.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chamberk posted:

This is a drat lie, Cougar Town was hilarious (and maybe still is, I just haven't watched it since it moved to tBS)

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Why are you white knighting for something you don't even watch?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

Why are you white knighting for something you don't even watch?

Huh? I watched it for like... however many seasons it was on ABC, I just haven't caught up with it yet. :confused:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

RockShowLevel27 posted:

Is there a Friday Night Lights thread alive, or dead that I can browse through? Couldn't find it on the first few pages on the awful app

A horrific CGI tornado destroyed all the previous threads, sorry.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aphrodite posted:

I hope that now it's back those terrible ads will stop.
Well probably not since there's going to be a new episode every week, and those ads are funny dammit :colbert:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

precision posted:

Huh? I watched it for like... however many seasons it was on ABC, I just haven't caught up with it yet. :confused:

I'm just busting your balls. You should catch up, it's still hilarious. Though Laurie and Travis are officially a couple now, and it doesn't work at all. They're this show's Ann Perkins and Tom Haverford.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

I'm just busting your balls. You should catch up, it's still hilarious. Though Laurie and Travis are officially a couple now, and it doesn't work at all. They're this show's Ann Perkins and Tom Haverford.

Eugh, really? That was hilarious as a joke, but actually going there?

Well, I'll watch it anyway.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know the real world answer is "licensing disputes", but what's the in-Universe explanation for mutants/The X-Men not existing in the Avengers/SHIELD world? Because in one episode someone says "There's no scientific evidence to support the existence of telepathy" and uh... I seem to recall, from my childhood, that a LOT of mutants in the Marvel universe have telepathy and it wasn't some kind of secret or anything.

edit: Accidental phone double post, blame the Awful App

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I know the real world answer is "licensing disputes", but what's the in-Universe explanation for mutants/The X-Men not existing in the Avengers/SHIELD world? Because in one episode someone says "There's no scientific evidence to support the existence of telepathy" and uh... I seem to recall, from my childhood, that a LOT of mutants in the Marvel universe have telepathy and it wasn't some kind of secret or anything.

edit: Accidental phone double post, blame the Awful App

There probably isn't one but if there was it would probably be "they're all still in the closet"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The explanation is that there aren't mutants. It's aliens like Thor or scientific experiments like Hulk and Captain America.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

The explanation is that there aren't mutants. It's aliens like Thor or scientific experiments like Hulk and Captain America.

Wait, seriously? They literally just chopped off like half the Marvel canon because of studio rights-holding? Well, alright then. :ms:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Did anyone else turn off True Detective before they left the murder scene? The dialogue and narration was just too purple for me. Lots of words but not much being said.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Wait, seriously? They literally just chopped off like half the Marvel canon because of studio rights-holding? Well, alright then. :ms:

Most likely whats going to happen is that the mutant niche is going to be filled by the Inhumans, which are kind of similar in that they look like normal people but after a certain age their society puts them into a machine that gives them powers and changes their appearance. In the comics recently Black Bolt, the Inhuman King, set off a bomb that duplicated the effects of their powers machine and created a bunch of Inhumans all over the world. Mostly people who had no idea they were descendants of Inhumans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How long does Sony hold the mutant rights and why isn't marvel getting them back?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fox has them, and forever if they keep making movies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh right, Sony owns Spiderman. I bet the current Marvel leadership really regrets whoever sold off some of their top properties to 3rd party shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Considering that selling off film rights basically kept Marvel out of bankruptcy for a good while, I doubt it.

• Locked thread