Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So, anyone want to speculate on where the show will be going in the next few weeks?

In particular, I'm curious when the show will pivot back to the League of Shadows. I assume brother blood will only last another episode or two - if he stays any longer he'll be taking the focus away from Slade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jscolon2.0 posted:

Paging Rarity to this thread.

edit:

Is…is that the Flash?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Is…is that the Flash?!

Yes, he was also on Glee. Not one of the main characters or anything like that though.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, he was also on Glee. Not one of the main characters or anything like that though.

He was a huge dick on that show.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

MeatwadIsGod posted:

God why do I like this show so much? I binged through seasons 1 and 2 during a single weekend when I was sick and even though sometimes it's really goofy I just don't care. I didn't even like Green Arrow outside of his Justice League Unlimited appearances.

Because it's fun, character based and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Super Dude posted:

He was a huge dick on that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9M2NfGkXaE

Can sing though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jscolon2.0 posted:

Paging Rarity to this thread.

I wish I wasn't :smith:

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.

Yeah, yeah, but his character was still a giant douche who almost blinded a likable main cast member over stupid choir drama. I haaaaaaated him when I cared about Glee.

Luckily he showed up on Arrow and was perfect, and now I can erase the memory of Sebastian Smythe forever and ever. Long live Barry Allen!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So...Barry's gonna get turned into a blue space monkey?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Seriously, if there's no Music Meister on Flash, I'll be pissed. :mad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krad posted:

Seriously, if there's no Music Meister on Flash, I'll be pissed. :mad:

I waited all season on Graceland for Aaron Tveit to break into song and it never happened.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Tweet at… what's his name? Grant? Tweet at both him and NPH. If they know the fans want it, maybe they can talk to the showrunners and get it done.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Some Numbers posted:

Tweet at… what's his name? Grant? Tweet at both him and NPH. If they know the fans want it, maybe they can talk to the showrunners and get it done.

Gustin Grant I think?

Tweet Mark Hamill to be the Trickster again? :getin:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Could we also get Whedon to guest direct while we're at it and betray Marvel in the process? You know he'd do it, too. :shobon:

Some Numbers posted:

I would without a second thought if I had an account.

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.

SpannerX posted:

I think this is the spoiler pic, cause it's kinda spoily (is that even a word?).

Time to teach Roy Harper a thing or two.

What kind of shoes is arrow wearing there? They look comfy.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Krad posted:

Could we also get Whedon to guest direct while we're at it and betray Marvel in the process? You know he'd do it, too. :shobon:

Why though? I'd rather not risk any SHIELD-ness infecting Arrow, and I say this as someone who generally likes Whedon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Krad posted:

gently caress this noise with a bag of bricks.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh, I definitely wouldn't mind letting him have a crack at Laurel or Helena -- there's not much to lose on those fronts and plenty to gain -- and, let's be real here, Felicity and Barry are pretty much both Whedon characters anyway.

In general his tone might not fit with Arrow, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wait...aren't we talking about Jed Whedon doing a musical episode?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

imperialparadox posted:

Why though? I'd rather not risk any SHIELD-ness infecting Arrow, and I say this as someone who generally likes Whedon.

I have yet to watch a bad musical episode that came from him.

Granted, I can only think of Once More With Feeling and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog... but still!

And yeah, like it was said above, Barry is a total Whedon character. Going by the comics, there's no way he'll have a happy time during the show.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Krad posted:

I have yet to watch a bad musical episode that came from him.

I'm a time traveler from the future and Avengers 3 is a musical with Russel Crowe as Thanos and it's just the worst.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Whizbang posted:

I'm a time traveler from the future and Avengers 3 is a musical with Russel Crowe as Thanos and it's just the worst.

You broke my suspension of disbelief at 'Russell Crowe being the worst'. He was my second favourite Javere.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Krad posted:

The last time he did work on a DC property, he spent a year or so working on the Wonder Woman movie, only for DC to scrap it. Which they are probably still regretting given the success of Avengers.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

imperialparadox posted:

SHIELD is the other Whedons, Joss has nothing to do with it AFAIK. It's like his brother and sister or something.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

WarLocke posted:

SHIELD is the other Whedons, Joss has nothing to do with it AFAIK. It's like his brother and sister or something.

Nope, both Jed and Joss Whedon are listed as creators on IMDB, and they both have writing credits and directing credits on various episodes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

The Lord Bude posted:

Nope, both Jed and Joss Whedon are listed as creators on IMDB, and they both have writing credits and directing credits on various episodes.

Hunh, I thought Joss was involved in the pilot but everything after was Jed. Oh well. :saddowns:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress Joss Whedon, Felicity would be killed off for some dumb reason and it'd be close ups of Laurel's feet after two seasons.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Which is, of course, entirely dissimilar from how Tommy and Yao Fei and Shado got killed off or when this show does whatever it does with Amell's abs.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BrianWilly posted:

Which is, of course, entirely dissimilar from how Tommy and Yao Fei and Shado got killed off or when this show does whatever it does with Amell's abs.

At least it has the advantage to focus on a male's body, in contrast to so many other shows.

And Tommy was killed for some dumb reason? I was also sad that Tommy died, but it was an important moment for the show, not some pointless death to milk for drama. Ditto Shado.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

Yes exacty.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Torrannor posted:

And Tommy was killed for some dumb reason? I was also sad that Tommy died, but it was an important moment for the show, not some pointless death to milk for drama. Ditto Shado.
Well you could say the same for literally every single death Whedon pulls, and I say that as someone who has no love for a lot of those deaths. Both Whedon and the Arrow writers come from the same school of comic book shock deaths used to advance plots in the name of "important moments." I'm not criticizing it (except sometimes I do), just saying it's silly to wave it around as some great big Whedon sin when this show has done the same.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Whedon's tendency to kill off major characters is really overexaggerated, and when it happens usually leads to a good story. Tommy's death could probably be said to be the same, although i am just happy he is gone.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Whedon would've killed Felicity in that Russia episode after she finds out about Oliver's one night stand just to make it as miserable as possible.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Oasx posted:

Whedon's tendency to kill off major characters is really overexaggerated, and when it happens usually leads to a good story. Tommy's death could probably be said to be the same, although i am just happy he is gone.

On the other hand, considering that Malcolm had half of his earthquake machine going off correctly, it would have felt a bit cheap if no major character was hurt because of it.

I think ASOIAF is utter garbage, one of the reasons is because of really gratuitous major character deaths. Whedon is miles away from GRRM levels of dumb character deaths. When is a major character ever justified in dying, if you think Tommy or Shado were pointless deaths?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Joss wrote SHIELD's pilot - that's basically the end of his involvement. He's way too busy with basically running and coordinating the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, focusing mainly on the Avengers film. He might have a phone call or two with Jed and Tancheon about SHIELD every now and then - but every account I've read basically makes it sound like this is a "Joss whedon" product in name only.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Interview with Andrew Kreisberg with some moderate spoilers about upcoming stuff with Slade, Laurel, Dig, and Felicity.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wish they'd just kill off Laurel's character. She seems completely pointless. Or maybe it's just the wooden acting. She's so stiff it looks like she's high on benzos trying not to fall over in her heel in each scene.

Laurel: "I have to go now. My planet needs me."

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Torrannor posted:

I think ASOIAF is utter garbage, one of the reasons is because of really gratuitous major character deaths. Whedon is miles away from GRRM levels of dumb character deaths. When is a major character ever justified in dying, if you think Tommy or Shado were pointless deaths?
Look at this terrible opinion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has like 50 main characters and it's about a war.

If nobody died that would be ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Aphrodite posted:

It has like 50 main characters and it's about a war.

If nobody died that would be ridiculous.

I'm defending the death of several characters in Arrow, so I'm not in the camp that major characters should not die. And I am sorry for GRRM derail. I just wanted to say that there are bullshit mortality levels, wether they are far too high or far too low (with shows where all major characters are basically immortal).

• Locked thread