Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegav posted:

The one in the middle is the Di Stefanos "Super Ballon d’Or" given by France Football in 1989 to the best player in Europe since the creation of the ballon d'or

You don't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

*shudder*

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Here's Vitor Pereira, former Porto coach and now at Al Ahli, going a bit crazy at a press conference after a club official tries to prevent him from talking about a specific player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWjdbLnE_Y

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

tifo madness

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
kid Podolski

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

ragle posted:

kid Podolski

Plastic

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Ahaha, so that's a Barca shirt on him and a Madrid poster in the background? As well as a Polish flag and a Brazillian team poster for a German national team player. Outstanding.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

The Mash posted:

Ahaha, so that's a Barca shirt on him and a Madrid poster in the background? As well as a Polish flag and a Brazillian team poster for a German national team player. Outstanding.

I'd imagine he has them up because he likes the players (Zidane etc) rather than All The Teams.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Podolski seems like the type of person who is so happy and exuberant that he just wants everyone to win, so I think that gives him a pass.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Olewithmilk posted:

Podolski seems like the type of person who is so happy and exuberant that he just wants everyone to win, so I think that gives him a pass.

Everyone was confused in their youth.

It's super weird though, every picture he's smiling the same smile and is genuinely excited with a thumbs up.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Mash posted:

Podolski just supports football OP

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

blue footed boobie posted:

Podolski just supports football OP

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This thread is now about Roberto Carlos' legs:

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 15, 2014

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Looking thick, solid, tight

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Wonder how fat he is these days

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

Wonder how fat he is these days

Seems like he's the one Brazillian who didn't get fat after retiring

pdog
May 7, 2013
Didn't he play for Anzhi up until like one or two years ago, probably still kept fit from that.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

pdog posted:

Didn't he play for Anzhi up until like one or two years ago, probably still kept fit from that.

Playing usually doesn't stop the Brazilians from going fat

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
12 mins of 'dinho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RrmZHqmMzs

:allears:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

blue footed boobie posted:

Seems like he's the one Brazillian who didn't get fat after retiring

He broke my fifteen year old heart in 2002 by marking David Beckham out of the game in that quarter final. However, with the benefit of hindsight, what a full back.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ragle posted:

kid Podolski

I don't see any thumbs, are we certain this is Podolski?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

He broke my fifteen year old heart in 2002 by marking David Beckham out of the game in that quarter final. However, with the benefit of hindsight, what a full back.

I always thought you were old

shark-bitch5000
Oct 26, 2010
This is old and I wasn't sure if it's already real famous or known about or anything but it's interesting so I thought I'd post it here just in case it's not, Graeme Le Saux writing about homophobia in football: http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I remember once seeing this video of a player who played in the 80s/90s and possibly retired around the time Zidane started coming to prominence. His style was pretty similar to Zidane and allegedly he did actually influence Zidane's eventual style of play.

I can't think of his name for the life of me. Anyone got a clue who I could be trying to think of?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

sircozzie posted:

I remember once seeing this video of a player who played in the 80s/90s and possibly retired around the time Zidane started coming to prominence. His style was pretty similar to Zidane and allegedly he did actually influence Zidane's eventual style of play.

I can't think of his name for the life of me. Anyone got a clue who I could be trying to think of?

Most likely Enzo Francescoli who Zidane named his first son after

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

shark-bitch5000 posted:

This is old and I wasn't sure if it's already real famous or known about or anything but it's interesting so I thought I'd post it here just in case it's not, Graeme Le Saux writing about homophobia in football: http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

Fowler issued an apology to Le Saux on MOTD or Football Focus recently, I forget where. Said he was very sorry honest mate lalala calm down etc. "It's difficult to say if there'd be a problem with homos in the dressing room!" or something idk.

Robbie Savage, who was also on, was also mentioned in Le Saux's book for similar reasons. Savage apparently liked to call Le Saux QUEER and UR A FGT M8. Savage claimed to have no idea what was going on and honest he'd never insulted anyone about being gay and Le Saux was making it all up. Again, I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like that.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Hegav posted:

Most likely Enzo Francescoli who Zidane named his first son after

That's him all right

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sorry for the poo poo video, but this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HqvKIHy2qM

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Drogadon posted:

Sorry for the poo poo video, but this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HqvKIHy2qM

Yepes was sent off for complaining after this. If Del Gross had just paid some loving attention instead of looking at the ref as the pass happened this probably wouldn't have happened.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

Yepes was sent off for complaining after this. If Del Gross had just paid some loving attention instead of looking at the ref as the pass happened this probably wouldn't have happened.
yeah del grosso's an idiot.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mynameisjohn posted:

yeah del grosso's an idiot.

I mean every defender does this but he must have known that he was the last guy in that line and that it was wildly obvious that Higuain was offside. Really really dumb.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Gigi Galli posted:

I mean every defender does this but he must have known that he was the last guy in that line and that it was wildly obvious that Higuain was offside. Really really dumb.

Isn't this a little unfair? Surely the offside player is influencing the game if he's forced a defender into cutting out the pass.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Esposito posted:

Isn't this a little unfair? Surely the offside player is influencing the game if he's forced a defender into cutting out the pass.
Higuain hasn't forced him to do anything. Grosso could have just avoided the ball, or looked at it, and the second that Higuain went for it, he would have been judged offside.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Esposito posted:

That was my impression; the offside player clearly influenced play (the defender started running towards him for a second before he put his hand up for offside) and they clearly got an advantage from it. I think the defence had a case. Then again, it's pretty funny, so by the rules of "gently caress it let's have fun" the goal should stand.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

swag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Esposito posted:

It can be unfair, but this is going to be a situation where whatever was called will be correct because of that referee's interpretation of what 'participating in play' is. If I'm the assistant in this situation, I'm not putting my flag up. Higuain doesn't move toward the ball before the defender deflects it. For all we know, he could have stood still and declared himself out of the play when the ball came nearer. I've seen it done where you have a striker in an offside position have the ball played to him, make no move toward the ball, and when the defense stops, another (onside) attacker runs on to the ball and takes a shot.

• Locked thread