Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Install Windows posted:

Dope has been used for weed way longer than it has for heroin.

Really? Cause dope for heroin as been around since 1889 (technically a semi-liquid opium derivative, which is pretty much heroin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LunarShadow posted:

Really? Cause dope for heroin as been around since 1889 (technically a semi-liquid opium derivative, which is pretty much heroin)

Dope has been a generic drug term, including for weed, since the mid-19th century. It's derogatory in that sense, as should be obvious.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The only people I've ever heard use that word have been the ones that seem to be hilariously out of touch, like cops or soldiers that are complete lifers and couldn't imagine themselves doing anything less serious and being bad at it. It's no surprise that FReepers would be on it.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
People who know about drugs use dope for heroin. People who don't know about drugs use dope for drugs.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

nsaP posted:

People who know about drugs use dope for heroin. People who don't know about drugs use dope for drugs.

and plumbers and fitters use dope for pipes.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

nsaP posted:

I'm pretty sure that anybody who uses "dope" as slang for literally any drug hasn't been culturally relevant since before my grandfather was born.

A pictorial representation of people "doing the dopes," as the kids say

Deport The Irish fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 15, 2014

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Have you met a cop?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

It's bad manners to accuse the people whose policies will starve people of deliberately starving people

So the neighbor is a deadbeat who doesn't work, but what does the other guy do that he time to monitor the financial, health and relationship statuses of his next door neighbors? Who is a more productive membor of society, a guy who doesn't work or the guy who spends all his time watching the guy who doesn't work?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
For what it's worth, my father literally works for the DEA and he and all his buddies use the term "dopers" to this day without a trace of irony. That doesn't mean they're not all woefully out of touch, obviously, but it's definitely a cop thing.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

I dunno, my dad is old as hell granted, but he still smokes pot and calls it dope.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Nigeria begins arrests after anti-gay law passed

Oh hey a sensible post!

Maybe this will at least set a tone for the thread, keep things civil.

Oof, okay. But hey, another sensible post! There's hope yet!

There is no God, is there :smith:

Chillax :sympathy:

DJ McWow is pretty clearly mentally ill to some extent, and so shouldn't be judged too harshly for his/her bullshit.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Where I'm from, we just usually called it pot or weed, but dope was also not unusual so maybe I'm just old as hell and/or not culturally relevant.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Much like saying soda or pop I imagine it's also a regional thing.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SaltLick posted:

Much like saying soda or pop I imagine it's also a regional thing.

It's like the English language is a horrible mess of a bunch of languages smashed together.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's like the English language is a horrible mess of a bunch of languages smashed together.

It's a bastard language, and given the number of bastards in the world it seems only fitting to be the global language.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

It's a bastard language, and given the number of bastards in the world it seems only fitting to be the global language.

Oh don't get me started on acronyms either.

Anyone who uses acronyms should lie down in the street and die!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm sure no other language has had words change meaning over time.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Long thread on movie/texting/popcorn shooting in FL:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3111895/posts

I'm surprised at the amount of anti-police venom on Freep, it almost seems like SA that way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
They only hate the police when it suits them. Just like everything else.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

For what it's worth, my father literally works for the DEA and he and all his buddies use the term "dopers" to this day without a trace of irony. That doesn't mean they're not all woefully out of touch, obviously, but it's definitely a cop thing.

Elim Garak posted:

I dunno, my dad is old as hell granted, but he still smokes pot and calls it dope.

Got a movie idea here...

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pd187 posted:

Got a movie idea here...

Coming this fall to AMC, Dealing Dope.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Long thread on movie/texting/popcorn shooting in FL:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3111895/posts

I'm surprised at the amount of anti-police venom on Freep, it almost seems like SA that way.

Oh God, what a terrible thing. Freep is rightfully denouncing the shooter.

Wait, though ... wait juuuust a moment:

The shooter is a 71 year-old, carrying in a theater, and was probably waiting and fantasizing about the day he finally gets to shoot someone. He probably wasn't that jumpy out of simple fear: he'd probably been amping himself up to shoot someone for decades. I wonder if the old man these Freepers are turning on right now happens to actually be one of their own.

quote:

To: Anton.Rutter
Regardless of this guy’s guilt or innocence, the media has already convicted him because he carries a pistol. To them, he’s just another Zimmerman. Just another pool of blood that the media and the antis (one and the same) can dance in to advance their agenda.

5 posted on 1/15/2014 6:13:35 AM by backwoods-engineer (Blog: https://www.backwoodsengineer.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Freep immediately puts up their dukes to block this attack every time there's a shooting. To them, all shootings are just part of the liberal conspiracy to take away their right to carry a gun in a theater. Not, you know, the obvious result of people using guns for their one and only intended use.

quote:

To: backwoods-engineer
I think he’s more to blame for his elitist attitude for being an ex-cop than he is for the instrument through which he punished someone else for not recognizing his elite status.

8 posted on 1/15/2014 6:17:23 AM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

No, I think he's more to blame for shooting a young father to death through the hand of his wife, who will now forever carry a bullet wound to remember the day she was made a widow. Who gives a poo poo if he's an rear end in a top hat, he shot a person over a text message.

quote:

NOBODY is asking about the one thing we don’t know. Did the off-duty cop have and use a weapon to subdue the retired cop?

9 posted on 1/15/2014 6:18:17 AM by Lee'sGhost (Johnny Rico picked the wrong girl!)

Right, because what we need in that situation is more rounds being fired in a theater.

quote:

To: usconservative
a bucket of popcorn thrown in one's direction requires a lethal response
Thowing stuff at a victim is sometimes a technique to distract the victim's attention long enough for you to hit the victim with your fist or a weapon.

18 posted on 1/15/2014 6:25:46 AM by Age of Reason
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

That person right there proves with his single sentence why at least he wouldn't be mature enough to carry a weapon. Then, if you imagine that more people in the world might see thrown popcorn as the opening to a deadly assault that justifies shooting the person to death through his wife's hand in a crowded theater, then, I think, we have more evidence that our carry laws might be dangerously broken.

quote:

To: Tax-chick
Imagine the wife. For the rest of her life she’s going to look at the scar from the bullet that passed through her hand and made her a widow. The little girl will grow up looking at the scar on her momma’s hand because that’s all she has to remember her father.

If the wife decides to carry, I want to contribute.

28 posted on 1/15/2014 6:38:06 AM by Anton.Rutter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Yes, that is tragic, Freep. Clearly, the solution is to arm her too. Especially if the carrier is traumatized and righteously angry.

quote:

This is so frustrating, because each of the men could have chosen not to do what he did. The one could have decided texting during commercials wasn’t a big deal. The other could have said, “Sorry, I’m done now.” And so on.

They say, “An armed society is a polite society.” Maybe we’ll reach a point at which so many people are carrying guns that everyone realizes that any argument could turn deadly. Then maybe people will stop escalating every little dispute, because they’ll be viscerally aware that it’s just not worth it.

43 posted on 1/15/2014 6:53:17 AM by Tax-chick (Tell the mad chameleon he's not welcome anymore.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

I, too, want to live in a society where everyone is terrified of being rude because every slight against any random person might result in your child growing up fatherless.

I just want to also take this moment to say that, if the victim happens to be black, Freep will then also at some point criticize the fatherless child for being black and fatherless. Just sayin.

EDIT:

quote:

To: Age of Reason
“Thowing stuff at a victim is sometimes a technique to distract the victim’s attention...”

Yes, that’s true, but (assuming the shooter really did feel that way) how about pulling your gun and not firing it immediately?

I think the one person here has a good point about the vic’s wife, that it is more likely she was restraining him (since I’m sure she knows she’s not Superwoman who can deflect speeding bullets with her bare hands); however in a situation like that one might make a gesture of protection without thinking about it.

However, I’m struck by what another person here said, did this man go to his car and get his gun? That would really paint him into a very bad corner.

There were a lot of other people in the theater, it seems the argument had not gotten so out of control that they noticed, at least until the popcorn was thrown. That’s a pretty quick escalation and not really the kind of behavior you expect to see from a trained person. It’s more like what would happen between some ghetto gangbangers.

Add to that the fact that there was likely NO REASON at all for this. The movie hadn’t even started! If he didn’t like who he was sitting near he & his wife should have just moved to different seats.

I hope they give the shooter a full medical workup, because it wouldn’t surprise me to find out he’s got some underlying issue, like a brain tumor or dementia, that made him behave in this irrational way.

You know, the texting guy might have been acting like a completely rude jerk, but you can’t kill people for that or the only 2 jobs left would be undertaker and grave digger.

55 posted on 1/15/2014 7:00:45 AM by jocon307
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

But, thanks Freep, for fighting tooth and loving nail to prevent us from providing reasonable mental health care, or God forbid doing anything at all to prevent the mentally ill from carrying firearms, and gently caress you for leading a campaign to recall Colorado legislators that had the courage to even suggest such a thing.

ColdSnickersBar fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 15, 2014

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

ColdSnickersBar posted:

No, I think he's more to blame for shooting a young father to death through the hand of his wife, who will now forever carry a bullet wound to remember the day she was made a widow. Who gives a poo poo if he's an rear end in a top hat, he shot a person over a text message.

quote:

Imagine the wife. For the rest of her life she’s going to look at the scar from the bullet that passed through her hand and made her a widow. The little girl will grow up looking at the scar on her momma’s hand because that’s all she has to remember her father.

Man, it's great how you and this guy each had the same exact thought (almost down to the phrasing) and then jumped to the complete opposite conclusion.

Freep.

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

quote:

To: Age of Reason
This is a lesson for all. If an old man starts yelling at you, you have the right to yell back. But wisdom should kick in. You do not know the state of mind of a verbally abusive stranger. Best thing was to agree so you diffuse the situation and move yourself to a different location in the theater.
I had a crazy encounter once when I was in a check out line at Home Depot. A couple in front of me, the woman did not know that she dropped her keys on the floor. I drew her attention to the keys by pointing it out on the floor. She was about to get them, her boyfriend started yelling at me. I guess he was trying to impress her. Why do you force a lady to pick up her own keys, you should be doing that!!!??? The cashier and everyone in the check out line was surprised. I could have told him to drop dead, but to diffuse the situation I picked up the keys for her and told him he was right. The woman was more embarassed by her boyfriends antics. Her boyfriend was smug that he made me pick up the keys for her. Judging from the woman’s body language, he showed a side of his personality she does not seem to like. Guess who really lost in the incident.
Minutes later I was on my way home without an incident. If I told her boyfriend to drop dead, who knows how the incident would turn out. Arrest, serious injury or even death. That is the world we live in. Until it gets more civil, one must be smart to survive. After all according to the US Constitution I have the right to walk the streets of an inner city black neighborhood late at night, but one doesn t.

75 posted on 1/15/2014 7:13:22 AM by Fee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Aaaarrrrrgh! This Freeper has a good opinion the entire post and then just had to put in a single racist sentence at the end, as though he couldn't just stomach not being a total bag of poo poo and had to hedge his enlightenment with stupidity. Man, I was rooting for this poster. He had me soaring with hope that at least one Freeper has matured past the age of 14. Then, BAM! Racism. Out of nowhere. It's like he got me to lean into that punch.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Your eternally angry, wrathful god.

This is not a toxx because it might take me the rest of my life, but I'll swear to God I will not rest until I manage to put/use dalereed in a video game.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Wow, that gun nut thread is pretty crazy even for FReep. Here, have some tears:
Federal judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

quote:

To: optiguy
Judicial tyranny — unprecedented in American history, and We The Sheeple just sit here and take it.

4 posted on 01/14/2014 8:13:50 PM PST by montag813
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: montag813
This is the problem - our country is doomed to destruction.

22 posted on 01/14/2014 8:52:59 PM PST by Digger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: montag813; Pelham; Travis McGee
A reset is coming...I. used to think talk like this was so wrong
...just old man bs
It won't be like we want

But its coming

It might destroy us

If were lucky it ll be. Quick...cooler heads and all

Or it could be the worst thing that has ever happened in history

But something will break

The cultures and yes...to
some degree the race and religion that dominated and mostly civilized the planet is being blamed for success and deconstructed

I don't think everyone will roll over

Pockets of resistance

Rural people..southerners.... look at recent history

Did the off maligned Serbs roll over....we have some here will fight back

I'm preparing mine...

Its not something I want but politics ain't gonna fix this..they....our enemies... have the numbers now

36 posted on 01/15/2014 12:16:18 AM PST by wardaddy (wifey instructed me today to grow chapter president beard back again....i wonder why?)

quote:

To: wardaddy
The people pushing this have been working behind the scenes for much longer than I realized. I stumbled across some names that take this back to the end of WWII and it’s quite illuminating to see how they organized.

One of the prime movers, Harry Hay, was active in the Communist Party and he saw an affinity between the secrecy and subversion of the CPUSA and the secrecy and subversion involved in his homosexual lifestyle. So he began building a similar cell structure for political influence.

Google Harry Hay, the Mattachine Society, John Burnside, Radical Faeries, and follow the links.

You’re right, this is far more than simple politics, it’s a major cultural watershed and a direct assault on Christian civilization.

70 posted on 01/15/2014 8:42:55 AM PST by Pelham (Obamacare, the vanguard of Obammunism)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: optiguy
It seems like liberals take a perverted interest in imposing their wicket self-destructive ways upon those of us who like them least. Seriously Utah and Oklahoma?

Theses people are incapable of leaving other people alone. If two dikes want to be recognized as somehow man and wife they should do it in a different state among a different people who know nothing of marriage. Perhaps New York for example.

They have no business telling Oklahoman or Utans what to believe about an institution as old as man.

9 posted on 1/14/2014 10:20:17 PM by Monorprise

quote:

To: cherry
Mormonism is becoming monolithic due to its reproductive rates. Even groups like the Amish, it is ASTONISHING how much these groups have grown over just a few decades. If you took away all of the Latinos who vote Democrat in the past decades, along with other more minor immigrant groups who vote Democrat, progressivism would be dying a painful death. White liberals just don’t have enough kids.

I think Israel is a microcosm of the world, just a few steps ahead. The secular liberal Jews have aborted themselves out of existence, while the Haredi will be the majority by beginning of the century’s second half.

Conservatives, whenever told “Demographics are destiny!” by some snotty liberal should reply “They certainly are.”

13 posted on 01/14/2014 8:35:22 PM PST by Viennacon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Viennacon
They have too many. Abortions should be restricted to confirmed Liberal women, and for that group they should be free or heavily subsidized.

17 posted on 01/14/2014 8:45:40 PM PST by Balding_Eagle (Over production, one of the top 5 worries for the American Farmer every year.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

:lol:

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer
The US Supreme Court will strike this one down. The reason? The state’s attorney general will fight for the people, something the uber liberal Jerry Brown would not do as California AG when the sodomite judge ruled against the will of the people. The specific reason the US Supreme Court would not even take the case is because the people of the state of California had no one fighting for them in court. They were hung out to dry by Jerry Brown. This will not be the case in Oklahoma or any other state that has a republican AG.........if he wants to be reelected. The US Supreme Court has saw for the last 40 years how Roe v. Wade tore this country apart and they are not about to make the same mistake with marriage. The people will get the last word on this one.

50 posted on 1/15/2014 8:12:43 AM by NKP_Vet ("Rather than love, than money, than fame, then give truth" ~ Henry David Thoreau)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Repeal 16-17
I've read the 14th amendment, in fact I have it here in front of me right now. There are 5 sections to it. What portion of the 14th amendment gives gays the right to marry? Section 1 - "....equal protection of the laws"? We already have equal protection of the laws, heterosexual (normal) people as well as homosexual deviant perverts. The problem is the activist RAT bastard judges want to declare NEW rights for homos, and they will continue to do that with or without the 14th amendment. Even though this pervert judge stayed his own ruling, the Republican governor of Oklahoma should immediately issue a governor's executive ruling that declares this judge's ruling to be null & void under the laws of Oklahoma.
We need Republican governors if anything in staunch conservative Republican states to grow a pair of balls and to stand up against these RAT bastard activist judges and declare ruling after ruling to be null & void. Let's see the homos & perverts & liberals sputter & fume about that! Let's bring on a constitutional crisis!! It is long overdue!!!

68 posted on 1/15/2014 10:19:30 AM by rcrngroup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

We need Republican governors if anything in staunch conservative Republican states to grow a pair of balls and to stand up against these RAT bastard activist judges and declare ruling after ruling to be null & void. Let's see the homos & perverts & liberals sputter & fume about that! Let's bring on a constitutional crisis!! It is long overdue!!!

68 posted on 1/15/2014 10:19:30 AM by rcrngroup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Hahaha yes, it is the liberals who have a tendency to sputter and fume incoherently at the drop of a hat, not true blue conservative freepers. YOU ARE THE BALL-LICKER, NOT I!!!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

kik2dagroin posted:

To: montag813; Pelham; Travis McGee
A reset is coming...I. used to think talk like this was so wrong
...just old man bs
It won't be like we want

But its coming

It might destroy us

If were lucky it ll be. Quick...cooler heads and all

Or it could be the worst thing that has ever happened in history

But something will break

The cultures and yes...to
some degree the race and religion that dominated and mostly civilized the planet is being blamed for success and deconstructed

I don't think everyone will roll over

Pockets of resistance

Rural people..southerners.... look at recent history

Did the off maligned Serbs roll over....we have some here will fight back

I'm preparing mine...

Its not something I want but politics ain't gonna fix this..they....our enemies... have the numbers now

36 posted on 01/15/2014 12:16:18 AM PST by wardaddy (wifey instructed me today to grow chapter president beard back again....i wonder why?)

This one is best read if you imagine him breathing heavily and gasping between each one, clearly overexerting himself as he wanks to his CW2 fantasy.

"Pockets of resistence...."

"Rural... southerners... aw yeah..."

"Did the Serbs.... unnngghhh fuuuuck."

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is that Freeper touting emulating the balkan wars as a good option for us?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"Well her and her daughter do need a bit of help to buy food-"
"SOCIALIST!!!!"

But really I'm just totally sure that the wife having a gun would have been a great help, nothing deescalates a situation like a Mexican stand-off. I'm just going to assume that the shooter held the victim at gun point long enough for the wife to have pulled a gun herself and "deescalated" things.

edit: "Did the off maligned Serbs roll over"

Ha!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The dumbest thing about all this "if she had a gun..." nonsense is that in pretty much every one of these situations the aggressor is armed with a gun rather than any other weapon. The "we have to have more guns to protect ourselves from all these guns!!" mentality is so weird even when you account for latent racism. To them guns are really like magical objects that ward off danger somehow.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Drone posted:

This one is best read if you imagine him breathing heavily and gasping between each one, clearly overexerting himself as he wanks to his CW2 fantasy.

"Pockets of resistence...."

"Rural... southerners... aw yeah..."

"Did the Serbs.... unnngghhh fuuuuck."

That is a post from a clearly insane human being. It's a little scary. I know he'll never do anything because Freepers are cowards but that post weirded me out.

Radish posted:

The dumbest thing about all this "if she had a gun..." nonsense is that in pretty much every one of these situations the aggressor is armed with a gun rather than any other weapon. The "we have to have more guns to protect ourselves from all these guns!!" mentality is so weird even when you account for latent racism. To them guns are really like magical objects that ward off danger somehow.

To Freepers it's not enough to simply ask someone to stop doing something in a polite way. Everything is about establishing immediate dominance and control over every single little situation in life, and to Freepers the best way to do that is to threaten someone's life. This is because they are insecure and scared and uneducated and mentally underdeveloped. I understand that a lot of that isn't their fault and they're products of their upbringing and environment, but they're really angry people who agree with dangerous ideologies and I'm glad they're mostly ineffectual forum posters.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 15, 2014

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radish posted:

It's basically a paradox, if everyone had guns, no one would need guns.

I connected and eventually blocked someone I went to High School with on Facebook last year. Turns out he went full right-wing Tea Party crazy, is probably an active Freeper with what he was posting on Facebook.

At one point he posted a giant tirade about how everyone needs to carry multiple guns and how he uses them to protect his family. According to his information, he still lives in the middle-class, white subburb we grew up in, there's not much that you really need to be protected from there, except maybe that black guy you see waiting for the bus every morning.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Fandyien posted:

Is that Freeper touting emulating the balkan wars as a good option for us?

Yeah, its come up before in earlier threads. IIRC when Milošević was tried there were freepers going on about "he was just protecting his country what's so bad about that" etc..

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's no real surprise. These assholes actively post about their fantasies that involve shooting people who piss them off.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

kik2dagroin posted:

Wow, that gun nut thread is pretty crazy even for FReep. Here, have some tears:
Federal judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

It's so cute when Freepers try a 14th Amendment analysis. They use the same tired old arguments handed down to them by their racist great grandfathers who defended segregated marriage. "Hey, everybody has the same right to marry, they can marry somebody of the same race. No equal protection violations here, ya'll."

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

It's bad manners to accuse the people whose policies will starve people of deliberately starving people

Try asking why your friend hasn't reported Duane.

quote:

To: Viennacon
They have too many. Abortions should be restricted to confirmed Liberal women, and for that group they should be free or heavily subsidized.

17 posted on 01/14/2014 8:45:40 PM PST by Balding_Eagle (Over production, one of the top 5 worries for the American Farmer every year.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]
Abortions for those who want it, no abortions for those who don't? And they should be free or heavily subsidized? Okay, let's do that.

Wojtek fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 15, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wojtek posted:

Try asking why your friend hasn't reported Duane.

"I totally have but the state office is full of incompetent, corrupt jerks and they don't care."

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Wojtek posted:

Abortions for those who want it, no abortions for those who don't? And they should be free or heavily subsidized? Okay, let's do that.
Remember that when they say 'liberal women' they mean 'black women', and when they say 'conservative women' they mean 'white women'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unless they're either "one of the good ones" or "have been drinking the Kool-Aid."

• Locked thread