Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Thank you. That first one has been stuck in my head since I saw the video. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's such a catchy little tune that my friends yell at me now if I play it because randomly they'll just start singing aboutboners for the next three days. And I believe the final song was identified already as Funeropolis by Electric Wizard, from Dopethrone.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

13 INCH DICK posted:

It's such a catchy little tune that my friends yell at me now if I play it because randomly they'll just start singing aboutboners for the next three days. And I believe the final song was identified already as Funeropolis by Electric Wizard, from Dopethrone.

MJK is a weird dude. I love that song though.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Goddammit. I'm going to have this running through my head all night.

We need some updates on your teeny car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Viper_3000 posted:

MJK is a weird dude. I love that song though.

Word is we're getting a new Tool album this year.

8 years it's been, and I literally got into them right as they were wrapping up the '06 tour. Missed getting tickets to the mini-tour a couple years back (there was a show right by me) because tickets went on sale and sold out during my shift at work. :sigh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tool shows sell out nearly instantly.

My GM and I were discussing Tool the other day. When he learned that I've never seen them live, he told me next time they come through, I AM going. No questions about getting a day off or anything, just tell him I need the day off to get some Tool.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

just tell him I need the day off to get some Tool.

Wait are we still talking about music? :rimshot:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

West SAAB Story posted:

Wait are we still talking about music? :rimshot:

...yes.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

some texas redneck posted:

Tool shows sell out nearly instantly.

My GM and I were discussing Tool the other day. When he learned that I've never seen them live, he told me next time they come through, I AM going. No questions about getting a day off or anything, just tell him I need the day off to get some Tool.

I've only seen them in concert once but it was shortly after Lateralus came out. Your GM is right - it's a necessary experience.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

I've only seen them in concert once but it was shortly after Lateralus came out. Your GM is right - it's a necessary experience.

I've seen APC in concert but I really want to see Tool. MJK is an amazingly talented musical renaissance man.

I'd love another Tool album like aenima or lateralus, MJK has said that his singing voice has changed so much he couldn't sign like he does on his early stuff, though :(

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

dreesemonkey posted:

I've seen APC in concert but I really want to see Tool. MJK is an amazingly talented musical renaissance man.

I'd love another Tool album like aenima or lateralus, MJK has said that his singing voice has changed so much he couldn't sign like he does on his early stuff, though :(

Happens to most singers. Saw Rush a few years ago and Geddy Lee can't sing the earlier stuff right any more.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

EightBit posted:

Happens to most singers. Saw Rush a few years ago and Geddy Lee can't sing the earlier stuff right any more.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

EightBit posted:

Same with Chris Cornell, he can barely sing at all now.

comedy option: Axl Rose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ccfjD4ZyQ

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In 1998ish I transferred to a different college and started classes for my new major. Sitting next to me in the main intro class was some guy and I was sitting there listening to tapes on my walkman and I just happened to be listening to Tool. He asked me what I was listening to so I let him listen for a while and he was like "oh I've never heard this wow".

Now he's a huge Tool fan (way more than me), like, it's almost all he listens to and he's been to see them more than a dozen times. Also he knits. So he goes to Tool concerts and sits there knitting stuff while he listens to the music. I went with him once when Tool played at the Oakland Colosseum. Also that guy got me in the door at my current job that I've had for 9 years, even though I didn't have as many years of experience as they were asking for.

That's my random story about Tool.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I could actually see MJK knitting on stage, he's that kind of dude.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Haha small world I was at the Oakland show on the floor on about 5 grams of Cubensis :haw:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Huh! Would have been, hmm, maybe mid-2000s? I don't remember the exact year but it was a while ago. My wife and I met up with him and we had seats, and we were also kind of late because of traffic, but it was a good show.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Fucknag posted:

I could actually see MJK knitting on stage, he's that kind of dude.

When I saw Puscifer a couple years back, he spent half the show sitting on a couch in the middle of the stage, sipping wine.

Also, was the best concert I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of concerts.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MJK did a wine signing in... 2008? or so at the Whole Foods I worked at.

Didn't get to meet him since I worked that day. :sigh: I did get a signed bottle, at least. I have some stories about rear end in a top hat customers that day though. Turns out when you close off the least-used entry to the store, it suddenly becomes the most important one, and suddenly super vital to anyone handicapped (despite it being nowhere near handicapped parking). :downsgun:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I saw Tool when they did Lollapalooza in '97 or '98. Bassist was blue from head to toe, guitarist was green, MJK was dressed full Blond Ambition Madonna down to the big ponytail wig and cone bra.

Maybe because it was Lollapalooza and not a standalone show, the Tool fans were a lot more normal than NIN fans.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Basically this.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Does your car work with those magnetic sensors under the pavement? Just curious how many times you've had to do 2-3 right turns to get past a light.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: nevermind :v:

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Puscifer was my favorite concert of the three bands. When I went to see APC, The Mars Volta was opening for them but security was a lovely single file line so even though I got to the venue more than an hour before the show started, I didn't get in until Mars Volta was done.

Also 13in, that video makes me want to be your passenger.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Your GM is right - it's a necessary experience.

Absolutely right. My roommate had different people flake on him on multiple occasions, which is why I don't buy other people concert tickets in advance. It just happened that 4 concerts over the years were Tool. When people flaked on him, I'd buy an extra ticket to the show du jour since he was a concert person. The worst concert I went to with him was Killswitch Engage. It was a last minute small club thing apparently except they brought large concert speakers into a small club, I couldn't hear for 3 days after only being in there for 15 minutes. Even outside where it was "listenable" everything was distorted. Though that's the only time I've seen them so I don't have any other venues to compare their sound to.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
All my favorite bands have broken up before I start listening to them.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Hollis Brown posted:

Does your car work with those magnetic sensors under the pavement? Just curious how many times you've had to do 2-3 right turns to get past a light.

If it didn't, he could always throw a rare earth magnet on the bumper and be good to go.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

keykey posted:

The worst concert I went to with him was Killswitch Engage. It was a last minute small club thing apparently except they brought large concert speakers into a small club, I couldn't hear for 3 days after only being in there for 15 minutes. Even outside where it was "listenable" everything was distorted. Though that's the only time I've seen them so I don't have any other venues to compare their sound to.

I saw Killswitch a few years back. Pretty awesome show. :allears:

They opened for Static-X though - at least when Killswitch was on stage, there was just barely enough open space for people to move around (and mosh, and crowd surf). Once SX came up, the place was packed so tight that I couldn't even scratch my balls.

This was at House of Blues Dallas though, which really doesn't have a ton of open floor. Been to a few other shows there since then, it's a great venue.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

keykey posted:

The worst concert I went to with him was Killswitch Engage. It was a last minute small club thing apparently except they brought large concert speakers into a small club, I couldn't hear for 3 days after only being in there for 15 minutes. Even outside where it was "listenable" everything was distorted. Though that's the only time I've seen them so I don't have any other venues to compare their sound to.

Always, always, always wear earplugs at concerts.

I didn't use to bother with them, and after numerous loud concerts, listening to loud music on earphones, track construction and watching motor races, I now have tinnitus, a measurable hearing loss at 4kHz on both ears and a slightly bigger high-frequency hearing loss on my left ear. And I'm only 28.

Wear those drat plugs.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Agreed about the ear plugs. I was in marching band for 9 years (4 in high school, 5 in college) and I have permanently damaged hearing as well. I didn't learn my lesson until my 3rd year in college, but the damage was already done.

You would be amazed at how little it takes to exceed the PELs (permissible exposure limits) for noise. You learn a lot when you work in environmental, health, and safety. Nowadays, I wear earplugs when I'm doing pretty much anything remotely loud.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Gonna also vouch for earplugs - according to my doctor I have the hearing of a 70 year old man and I'm only 26.

Tool is absolutely one of the best concerts, saw then in Rhode Island at the Dunkin' Donuts center for Lateralus, which MJK kept incessantly making fun of, mentioning donuts specials etc. Then I saw them in my hometown in Albany NY for the 10,000 days tour. I really need to get out and see Puscifer. Maynard was on the Joe Rogan podcast the other day and was talking all about Puscifer concerts and they sound cool as hell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I always used to hate wearing earplugs because they filter out the high end while not filtering the bass, so you get a really distorted sound through them. But a few years back I went to a music store and paid like $15 for some acoustically-even earplugs that basically reduce decibels more evenly across the whole audible spectrum. I loved those things (lost them at a concert not too long ago, need to replace them) and I strongly recommend them to anyone who normally doesn't wear earplugs to concerts because they make the music sound like poo poo.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Leperflesh posted:

I always used to hate wearing earplugs because they filter out the high end while not filtering the bass, so you get a really distorted sound through them. But a few years back I went to a music store and paid like $15 for some acoustically-even earplugs that basically reduce decibels more evenly across the whole audible spectrum. I loved those things (lost them at a concert not too long ago, need to replace them) and I strongly recommend them to anyone who normally doesn't wear earplugs to concerts because they make the music sound like poo poo.

Ask for musicians earplugs. Most places will know what your talking about....well at least in Nashville they do. Those things are great though. I have a poo poo ton of hearing loss and a bad case of tinnitus so I really can't go to concerts without them.

I still don't use them when I see Springsteen though. Some things are worth the pain/suffering.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I saw a Maserati Biturbo 228 today at the junkyard, no more than 3 cars away was a TR6. I considered convincing you to buy the Maserati but it looked comfortable where it was.

It was snowing like the end of the world though so I got the parts I needed and got the hell out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I saw an actual, running biturbo yesterday on the motorway. Being driven, not towed. I guess 13" has a kindred spirit in the southern hemisphere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I saw an actual, running biturbo yesterday on the motorway. Being driven, not towed. I guess 13" has a kindred spirit in the southern hemisphere.

Maybe it was really a Fiero with a Biturbo body kit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fieros don't exist in RHD :ssh:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Slavvy posted:

Well, Biturbos don't exist in running condition so we're stuck in a bit of a paradox one way or the other

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

I've seen a couple of them on Australian roads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Of all the things LHD Fieros have been turned into, are you really discounting someone turning one into a RHD Fiero?

• Locked thread