Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Crashed out whilst skiing and thanks to my awesome helmet I didn't get brain damage but god drat it my neck burns today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The house is packed full of enough food to see me through the drat apocalypse, but the specific thing I want to eat right now? Right loving out.

I cannot be bothered going to the shop tomorrow.

Will gluttony or idleness win out? Christ, nobody ever told me having vices was this hard.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I spilled some paint on my table. It was brown paint and a brown table, so you can't really tell, but that was like $2 worth of paint, and the paint store is all the way over there.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
We have plenty of food here to eat as we just went to the grocery store a couple days ago. But I really want some fast food. We paid all that money for all those groceries and we're kinda broke so I know I should eat at home. But dammit that greasy fast burger and fries are calling my name. I'd rather drive out and get it than make something here. But I SHOULDN'T
:(

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Buggiezor posted:

We have plenty of food here to eat as we just went to the grocery store a couple days ago. But I really want some fast food. We paid all that money for all those groceries and we're kinda broke so I know I should eat at home. But dammit that greasy fast burger and fries are calling my name. I'd rather drive out and get it than make something here. But I SHOULDN'T
:(

Use some ground beef and some bacon grease to bind and you'll have the tastiest greasiest home made burger ever.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
At work looking at the "favorite unlicensed crap" thread. Giggle a little. Random customer looks at my screen. Look over at him. Looks utterly disgusted. Look back at screen. Knockoff Pony toy on screen. Customer walks out. Realize that random customer now has the wrong loving idea about my life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannedMacabre posted:

At work looking at the "favorite unlicensed crap" thread. Giggle a little. Random customer looks at my screen. Look over at him. Looks utterly disgusted. Look back at screen. Knockoff Pony toy on screen. Customer walks out. Realize that random customer now has the wrong loving idea about my life.

Somewhere there is a thread about "the really creepy giggling brony who works at that store I used to go to."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The people who live in my apartment building are being incredibly passive-aggressive, but I can't figure out if they're being passive-aggressive towards me or someone else.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Somewhere there is a thread about "the really creepy giggling brony who works at that store I used to go to."

:argh: gently caress that, this is TOO small of a town for me to be 'okay' with a brony rumor.

...I'm never getting laid in this town again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannedMacabre posted:

:argh: gently caress that, this is TOO small of a town for me to be 'okay' with a brony rumor.

...I'm never getting laid in this town again.

Maybe you'll get clopped :unsmigghh:

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Goodbye cruel world.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

I was told that I could have 4 days to work remotely from home while I build a new video tutorial for my companies website, except I got way too much work done today and I can probably finish it tomorrow, negating the need to stay home on Thursday and Friday :(

KoB
May 1, 2009

Grraarrgghh posted:

I was told that I could have 4 days to work remotely from home while I build a new video tutorial for my companies website, except I got way too much work done today and I can probably finish it tomorrow, negating the need to stay home on Thursday and Friday :(

Well I dont know boss this last bit might take a while.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Ah, but I also like to prove my worth by finishing projects ahead of schedule. I think I'll settle for a happy medium and just finish up on Thursday, and go in for Friday. There's always the chance I could get to stay home on Friday for finishing it early anyway.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I stayed up till 6am playing video games last night and woke up at 3pm today. Now I might only get to eat once before I have to leave the house to catch a train.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have chicken in the fridge but I can't remember why I bought it. What was I going to make? Why did I buy this chicken?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
My thighs are disproportionately muscular and it makes my jeans uncomfortable, but ones that fit right wouldn't look as nice. :smithicide:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna go to taco bell on the way to lowes, but it's going to be cold tonight when I go, so unless I am REALLY FAST at my order pickup my tacos are gonna get cold :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have enough sick time to take tomorrow off too, but I'm bored as poo poo at home, and the medicine hadn't done poo poo for me. By the time I was sleepy enough to take another nap, the drywall repair guy came, so I have to stay up.

My work van needs to go into the shop for a blinker light repair, but if I send it in, it might be there for several days and I'll have to use a backup lovely van.

I have almost 24 hours of music on my iPod and none of the songs are what I want to listen to.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

It's more than a week until the next webcasted rocket launch and I've already watched all of the old ones on YouTube.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Jan 16, 2014

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.
It's 41C (105.8F) outside, but I'm parked on a comfy couch in front of an a/c unit and don't have to go outside if I don't care to - but my chilled spray bottle of rosewater I've been using as a face mister will need refilling soon, which means walking into the non air conditioned kitchen.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Ambystoma posted:

It's 41C (105.8F) outside, but I'm parked on a comfy couch in front of an a/c unit and don't have to go outside if I don't care to - but my chilled spray bottle of rosewater I've been using as a face mister will need refilling soon, which means walking into the non air conditioned kitchen.

Where I live its 27F (-3C) here and snowing a little. Yesterday it was almost 50F. Day to day there is 15-30F drop or rise. The saying around here goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cobalt impurity posted:

My thighs are disproportionately muscular and it makes my jeans uncomfortable, but ones that fit right wouldn't look as nice. :smithicide:

Being a cyclist, I've had the same problem since I was a teenager with every pair of non-bespoke jeans and pants I have ever bought. Just buy a pair that fits nicely over your legs and then take it to a tailor or someplace that does alterations. Let them worry about making the arse and waistline fit.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
What the gently caress is the point of having digital versions of my Bluray if I can't play it on my computer? I can stream it in HD on my internet connected Bluray player or Apple TV in the living room (since they are 'approved devices') but if I wanted to sit out there I'd just use the discs, rendering the digital versions completely loving useless.

I can stream the standard definition version on my computer but at the distance my monitors are from my face SD stuff looks like balls, and if I didn't care about the quality in the first place I would've just stuck with the TV rips I have of the show and saved some money.

What I'm saying is Vudu sucks a bag of dicks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The hand mannequins I bought don't fit the glove I want to display, so I have to bust out the dremel and perform surgery in a vain hope I didn't waste 25$.

It's gonna take like, 20 mins :(

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
I found a bunch of online self-education tools and spent my entire morning learning new skills and brushing up on ones that have decayed. Now my normal job seems simple and boring, and all I want to do is go home and fuss around with CSS stylesheets.

Except, the crappo dollar-store pop I get at work is somehow 1000% more delicious than my name-brand pop at home, and I can't transport 27 assorted cans on the subway in my purse.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have to go in a 9am tomorrow, which means I can sleep in, but also means when I walk into work I'll have no idea what's happening. I kind of like it because it means I can just waltz in and start the surgeries with the doctors, but if our manager is there I won't have any buildup defense to her crazy.

I need my co-workers to ring me while I'm driving in so I can have time to brace myself for the latest ~OMG NEW RuLeS~ that contradict her other rules that I've been doing for months. Why do I work here again?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My 50" HDTV is only 720p so I bought a 60" 1080p and shoved the 50" in my bedroom.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

CannedMacabre posted:

Where I live its 27F (-3C) here and snowing a little. Yesterday it was almost 50F. Day to day there is 15-30F drop or rise. The saying around here goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

Are you in VT? Where I'm at its gone from -20f to 50f in three-four days. It's nuts and everything is ice.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Are you in VT? Where I'm at its gone from -20f to 50f in three-four days. It's nuts and everything is ice.

No Illinois. Right now, it is 18F, snowing with 23mph winds. The high today was 42 but it won't get above 20 tomorrow. 41 for Sat. I hate this time of year.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
Everyone on my facebook feed got Portland.

duralict has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Jan 18, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend hit me with one today.

"I have too many roses and not enough vases to put them in!" after she got the order I sent her.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

duralict posted:

Everyone my facebook feed got Portland.

What does that even mean?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Inzombiac posted:

What does that even mean?

The hot new facebook thing is "what town should you live in" and portland is stereotypically hipsters. So basically he found out his friends are hipsters.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

omnibobb posted:

The hot new facebook thing is "what town should you live in" and portland is stereotypically hipsters. So basically he found out his friends are hipsters.

I'm the anti-hipster and I still got Portland. It didn't give me the choice to skip any questions, so I randomly guessed on the alcohol, coffee, and song choices. Now I want my 30 seconds of life back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

omnibobb posted:

Oh.
I've lived in Portland all my life so I guess I'm just immune to those annoying shitbags.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just bought a new electric toothbrush, and it's going to take like a week to get delivered, so until then I have to manually brush my teeth like some kind of savage.

I mean, I was manually brushing them ANYWAY, but now that the fancy new brush is on it's way it just seems all low class n poo poo.

I have to wait to be fancy :sigh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I just bought a new electric toothbrush, and it's going to take like a week to get delivered, so until then I have to manually brush my teeth like some kind of savage.

I mean, I was manually brushing them ANYWAY, but now that the fancy new brush is on it's way it just seems all low class n poo poo.

I have to wait to be fancy :sigh:

I wanted to be all fancy (and lazy) and get an electric toothbrush, but I found it extremely uncomfortable to use. So I will end up continuing to brush my teeth like a peasant for the rest of my life.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

The other week, the maids misplaced the keys to my car. So I had to drive my other car until I found them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009
My foster cats might get adopted by a nice family this week. I just want to keep them for freeeeee :(

Geology posted:

The other week, the maids misplaced the keys to my car. So I had to drive my other car until I found them.

God, that is terrible.

• Locked thread