Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is it really that much better than just using the brightness slider in control center?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nite time dinosaur
Sep 12, 2011

this is what you get when you mess with us
Is there any way to open maps/directions links in Google Maps? Tried MapsOpener, doesn't seem to work in iOS 7.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
^^^: Along with that question, is the Preferred Browser tweak updated yet? I don't like Safari one bit.

The Dave posted:

Is it really that much better than just using the brightness slider in control center?

Sure it is, I had a brightness slider in my NC in OS6, but still used swipebright a lot.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Blimpkin posted:

^^^: Along with that question, is the Preferred Browser tweak updated yet? I don't like Safari one bit.

Browser Changer works. So nice having Chrome be my default browser again.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Sunblood posted:

Restore with iTunes and re-jailbreak. Something you installed is incompatible with your phone.

I believe the new evasi0n also allows you to boot into Safe Mode by holding Volume Up. Try that first, uninstall whatever you installed last, exit Safe Mode.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Blimpkin posted:

Swipebright isn't updated yet, are there any alternatives for "Swipe left/right on status bar for brightness"? That was a tweak I loved.

Install Brightness Activator Action then set it to whatever action you want--additionally there is a Settings entry to control the increment of brightness changed with each activation.

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

spongeworthy posted:

Install Brightness Activator Action then set it to whatever action you want--additionally there is a Settings entry to control the increment of brightness changed with each activation.

I have this, and I see the entry in Settings, but I don't see the option to map it anywhere inside Activator.

I got lastapp too (which is great) and I can map that just fine though. I just don't see the brightness action option anywhere inside Activator. Probably because I'm on a 5S I figure.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

frogg posted:

I have this, and I see the entry in Settings, but I don't see the option to map it anywhere inside Activator.

I got lastapp too (which is great) and I can map that just fine though. I just don't see the brightness action option anywhere inside Activator. Probably because I'm on a 5S I figure.

Do you see Brightness Down/Brightness Up when you're assigning an action?

Zigmidge posted:

Thanks you two, knocked it out of the park!

Geo Sans Light is an awesome font as well, imo. Also available for BF2.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 15, 2014

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Possible newb question and sorry if this has been answered already.

I jailbroke my 5S running 7.0.4, installed Cydia Substrate, Substrate Safemode and Byta Font 2.

Now when I go to install something like F.lux or Zeppelin I keep getting told about dependencies like PreferenceLoader or Winterboard, what should I do? Am I playing the waiting game still?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

So it turns out this doesn't do what I want it to. It's a great utility for customizing what's within CC but it doesn't affect the CC panel behaviour.

What ended up working for me was turning off 'CC while in apps' in settings.app altogether and using Activator to access it instead. Then I can just blacklist Notability from Activator functions and presto, exactly what I wanted. Now I can rest my palm and wrist on the bezel and palm guard and not worry about CC popping up anytime I put the stylus down to the screen.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Rabite posted:

I jailbroke my 5S running 7.0.4, installed Cydia Substrate, Substrate Safemode and Byta Font 2.

Now when I go to install something like F.lux or Zeppelin I keep getting told about dependencies like PreferenceLoader or Winterboard, what should I do? Am I playing the waiting game still?

PreferenceLoader and Winterboard have both been updated to support the 5S, so you're all good.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Cawd Rud posted:

PreferenceLoader and Winterboard have both been updated to support the 5S, so you're all good.

Thanks, I was looking for preferenceloader by itself and now see it was bundled with Winterboard.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Just fyi, the app I was looking for earlier in the thread got updated for iOS 7 & arm64, MyVibe http://cydiaupdates.com/pkg/net.evancoleman.myvibe

Just another one of those tweaks that should be standard on every smartphone.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
Just jailbroke Ipad Air on 7.0.4. When I install certain apps for Cydia, like NB settings and EasySpring, they install fine but when I get into the setting app it says 'Unable to load preferences' and obvisouly they aren't functional.

I ask this because after jailbreaking, I broke Cydia and even after rebooting it kept showing an error message asking me to run dkpg -a configue or something similar. So I re jailbroke the device (without restoring, just a JB on top of the JB). The second jailbreak got half way and would not proceed after the evais0n icon, as this kept crashing back to the homepage. However after deleting the icon cydia worked again. Was wondering if I botched something up, or if its just ios7 arm 64 tetthing problems?

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 16, 2014

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Manac0r posted:

Just jailbroke Ipad Air on 7.0.4. When I install certain apps for Cydia, like NB settings and EasySpring, they install fine but when I get into the setting app it says 'Unable to load preferences' and obvisouly they aren't functional.

I ask this because after jailbreaking, I broke Cydia and even after rebooting it kept showing an error message asking me to run dkpg -a configue or something similar. So I re jailbroke the device (without restoring, just a JB on top of the JB). The second jailbreak got half way and would not proceed after the evais0n icon, as this kept crashing back to the homepage. However after deleting the icon cydia worked again. Was wondering if I botched something up, or if its just ios7 arm 64 tetthing problems?

Make sure you have the latest evasi0n (it just udpated two nights ago) and restore from scratch and begin a new jailbreak.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can you configure the gmail app to open in Safari? If not, what tweak does the job? Ta.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So a friend is getting a mini retina to replace his first gen ipad, and I just got this message from him;

Him: I just realized... I'm gonna have to sort my iBooks again.
Him: fuuuuuuuuck.
Me: The joy.
Him: joy unspeakable. I dare not speak of it.

His book library is quite huge and manual arrangement would be a monumental pain in the rear end. He's not generally in favor of jailbreaking, never has been, and none of his devices have ever been jailbroken. So, without jailbreaking, is there something that can grab whatever file that keeps the books organized on the iPad and apply it to the mini? Or is this something that can only be done on a jailbroken device, if at all?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DominusDeus posted:

So a friend is getting a mini retina to replace his first gen ipad, and I just got this message from him;

Him: I just realized... I'm gonna have to sort my iBooks again.
Him: fuuuuuuuuck.
Me: The joy.
Him: joy unspeakable. I dare not speak of it.

His book library is quite huge and manual arrangement would be a monumental pain in the rear end. He's not generally in favor of jailbreaking, never has been, and none of his devices have ever been jailbroken. So, without jailbreaking, is there something that can grab whatever file that keeps the books organized on the iPad and apply it to the mini? Or is this something that can only be done on a jailbroken device, if at all?

I seem to recall when I moved from a regular ipad to my mini the categories I had my books in moved over when I restored the icloud backup to the mini.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Assuming he restores/imports his old iPad backup to his new iPad it should all be exactly the same.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Manac0r posted:

Tweaks will need to be updated for 64 bit, I believe that's why the "Unable to load preferences" comes up. Sounds separate from your jailbreak issue.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Another problem I've noticed since updating my 4S to 7.0.4 and jailbreaking is now my phone isn't adding any of my new photos to photostream (which is showing my old ones) - anyone come across this before?

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
Thanks for replies, for piece of mind I'm re-jailbreaking. So do I back up, restore, restore back up and then jailbreak?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Manac0r posted:

Thanks for replies, for piece of mind I'm re-jailbreaking. So do I back up, restore, restore back up and then jailbreak?

I think you should probably flip the jailbreak and restore backup? That seemed to work perfectly for me.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
^^^ Yup.

Backup, restore/update via iTunes, Jailbreak, restore from backup, enjoy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How do I remove the dock bar at the bottom of my homescreen?

edit found it

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 17, 2014

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
This is the strangest jailbreak for me. This thread is very quiet Cydia seems a little barren and feeling a little underwhelmed by the Ipad air, despite upgrading from ipad 3. I think I have hit the point of diminishing return.

Is there an accessible google doc with all the current compatible apps for ios 7 (64bit)?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Manac0r posted:

This is the strangest jailbreak for me. This thread is very quiet Cydia seems a little barren and feeling a little underwhelmed by the Ipad air, despite upgrading from ipad 3. I think I have hit the point of diminishing return.

Is there an accessible google doc with all the current compatible apps for ios 7 (64bit)?

The JB caught a lot of developers off guard. There was absolutely no warning. That, coupled with the fact there's a brand new 64-bit architecture to code for has only compounded the situation. I'd give it time. Remember a lot of these guys do these tweaks in their spare time, as a hobby.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Manac0r posted:

Is there anything in particular you're lacking? I've got quite a few useful tweaks installed.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
iOS7 added a whole bunch of stuff I normally jailbreak for (Control Center, flat icons, native swipe navigation, new lock screen) so I don't have near the amount of tweaks I used to. All I have now is SwipeSelection, BiteSMS, Virtual Home, and Zepplin (to get rid of the carrier name), plus a couple really minor ones.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral

spongeworthy posted:

Is there anything in particular you're lacking? I've got quite a few useful tweaks installed.

I was a big fan of NC settings, wouldn't mind an app to kill all backgrounded applications with one gesture, and toggle VPN and personal hotspot. Also something similar to sandcastle that let's me access my entire file structure from within most apps

Yeah I guess it was the unexpected nature of the JB, usually there is a lot of tweeting and 'scene' drama.

Is there any killer ios app to restore the magic? Infinity Blade III perhaps?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Manac0r posted:

wouldn't mind an app to kill all backgrounded applications with one gesture

Hmm, this guy hasn't read the thread. On the previous page there's a suggested option.

Manac0r posted:

usually there is a lot of tweeting and 'scene' drama.

You're loving kidding right?

Manac0r posted:

Is there any killer ios app to restore the magic? Infinity Blade III perhaps?

Thought you were trolling and now I am 100% convinced.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
StatusHUD 2 is out, its a pretty cool tweak that moves the volume slider popup to the status bar.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

decypher posted:

Hmm, this guy hasn't read the thread. On the previous page there's a suggested option.

You're loving kidding right?

Thought you were trolling and now I am 100% convinced.

If you look at all of his posts in this thread since 2011, I don't think he is trolling--I think he is just not really that technology-minded. I wouldn't recommend him jailbreaking, to be honest, as he seems to have had issues with every jailbreak since iOS 5.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
How does io7 run on an iphone 4? Now that the jailbreak is out (they got rid of the weird chinese maybebadstuff right?) I may as well upgrade as long as it won't turn my phone to sloppy poop.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 18, 2014

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Bummey posted:

How does io7 run on an iphone 4?
Like poo poo

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

iOS always runs like poop on the worst phone it supports.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
I guess Herodotus had a point, that'll teach me to post after a few Sauvignons. Looking back at my post I realise how it comes across, wasn't my intention to stealth troll. Just been out the IOS loop for a while.

Picked up Swipe2kill 7 and works a treat.

Might be useful to some but adding repo: jypy.edu allows you to download isabnzbd. Allows your Idevice to act as a server and along with SABmobile (App Store) it allows you full usenet access using just your phone/pad.

Link to guide: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=9747

E: Confirmed and working on ios 7 ARM 64, however purchases from the App Store cannot be made while server is running, requires a reboot.

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 18, 2014

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Dang, XCon still hasn't been updated to support IOS7. I wonder what is taking so long.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
I'm running down a list of battery saving tips for IOS 7 and one of them is to turn push off. If i turn push off the icloud option underneath it still says that it's using push instead of fetch or manual which is exactly what I'd like. Checking for mail or app updates manually doesn't bother me but I'd like new contacts to be saved to the cloud automatically. Can I assume the the system wide push and the push for icloud are two separate things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Denim Dude posted:

I'm running down a list of battery saving tips for IOS 7 and one of them is to turn push off. If i turn push off the icloud option underneath it still says that it's using push instead of fetch or manual which is exactly what I'd like. Checking for mail or app updates manually doesn't bother me but I'd like new contacts to be saved to the cloud automatically. Can I assume the the system wide push and the push for icloud are two separate things?

I'm fairly certain iCloud syncing and general Push for email are separate functions, but you're really not hurting your battery much at all by having Push turned on for iCloud email. If anything you could turn Fetch to Hourly and be better off but even that isn't much.

I've got both Push turned on and Fetch set at 15 minutes (on five accounts) and I've seen no issues with an idle phone and battery drain.

• Locked thread