Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Depths posted:

Weird, stream started playing last Fridays UPF

Refresh the page. They have today's stream on it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Depths posted:

Weird, stream started playing last Fridays UPF

Yeah that happened to me too. It started as a weird feeling of deja vu and then I thought they were just trying to recreate the opening skit of UPF word for word as a joke.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Something about the upgrade system in Demons' just never clicked with me, both before and after I played Dark. Also for as badly labeled as Dark's menus are, Demons' is worse. All your attributes being designated as wavy lines in different formations is terrible.

Still enjoyed a lot of Demons', just not to the degree as I did with Dark.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I think Brad'll be fine. If you can get through the undead burg, you shouldn't have any trouble with Boletarian Palace 1-1. Especially if he plays that spellcasting class.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm trying to remember if Demon's is actually harder than Dark Souls. As I recall, it's not that difficult in the beginning or the end, but the middle is a bigger slog (loving 5-2). Is Tower Knight a bigger roadblock than Capra?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Here we go...

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeeeeeesssss

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
God I love the opening movie still.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm trying to remember if Demon's is actually harder than Dark Souls. As I recall, it's not that difficult in the beginning or the end, but the middle is a bigger slog (loving 5-2). Is Tower Knight a bigger roadblock than Capra?

Demon's souls was full of confusing bullshit like world tendency, and stupid bullshit like the dragon in 1-4 and 1-2, and unfair bullshit like crystal lizards.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dark Sould might be the better game, but I still prefer the atmosphere of Demon's Souls.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
This is so not a Demons' Souls stream.

e: wait I had that weird bug where it was just playing last week's UPF. Hadn't watched it yet due to AGDQ so I had no idea.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is royal the easiest class to play?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hakkesshu posted:

I would say Demon's has harder levels but much easier bosses since so many Dark Souls bosses are 'aggros to your face and then sticks like glue'

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ahh, yes. The ol' gender slider.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

For magic users, if I remember correctly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Royal is definitely the easiest class.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is royal the easiest class to play?

Yes. Soul Level 1 means you can min/max more easily, his starting spell and equipment (a mana regen ring) lets you use spells more freely well before other classes would be able to.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Hahahahah min/maxing. This is GB and Brad with Vinny, I don't think he is going to benefit from min/max strats.

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED
Temple Knight 4 lyfe.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Also magic is super broken in PvE Demon's souls, even more than Dark. Which is saying something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I would say Demon's has harder levels but much easier bosses since so many Dark Souls bosses are 'aggros to your face and then sticks like glue'

I dunno, False King is still probably the hardest boss in the series. You could cheese more of them in Demon's Souls, though. There aren't any stupid gimmick levels in Demon's Souls either.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Another Person posted:

Hahahahah min/maxing. This is GB and Brad with Vinny, I don't think he is going to benefit from min/max strats.

Well I was speaking in general.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wait, it's loving Demon's Souls? Holy crap, now this is going to be good. Yet another Dark Souls stream would be old hat at this point.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Oh they start with a Rapier too. Attack from behind a shield!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
"Backstab this guy"
"I can't, he's already facing me"

*Takes a jab too early* "Well that didn't work."

Maximum Brad reached in 30 seconds.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Theres a level in Demons souls where if you invade, you transform into the boss for that level and fight the poor player that has been climbing a tower. And if you win you get this sweetass hat

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

There is that one boss who can suck out attributes though. When I fought him he took so much of my strength I couldn't use my sword anymore.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, he's getting only 2 souls from killing guys. Was there like some major souls inflation for Dark Souls?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, the economy really went to poo poo in between games. Dark middle chapter.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Wiseblood posted:

Wow, he's getting only 2 souls from killing guys. Was there like some major souls inflation for Dark Souls?

Tutorial chapter. he's gonna lose everything he gains here anyway

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

He's going to be in trouble if he keeps forgetting that square is the use button.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Great now I want to play Demon's Souls again.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I love demons souls. Me and my friend both got it when it first came out in the U.S. and played it for a good long time. I wanted to see the giants world so bad.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol at Brad already pretending he knows better than Vinny re: backstabs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"There's not much of an animation with the parry so it's hard to know if you got it"

*enemy staggers back 6 feet with his arms stretched out wide, loud noise plays*

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Hahaha Brad effortlessly parry-kills the first Blue-Eye Knight. :getin:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
*huge sound effect, enemy recoils in slow motion*
Brad: "It's not immediately recognizable"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Brad parried a blue eyes knight on the first try, Brad is better at demons souls than me. :(

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Not Brad at parries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Another Person posted:

Not Brad at parries.

But he thinks you can do it with two handing

• Locked thread