Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Thomas Platinum posted:

Totally.

On the int I had enough time to get in position and hold triangle. Vontae won the jumpball.

The first of those fumbles was off a corner blitz. You had ground up the whole first quarter so I called time out. I then started zero/single high blitzing in the redzone to either get a turnover or give up a td. On that play, i dialed up one that brought all my strongside defenders which looked like a td off the read until vontae came flying in so you can't totally blame yourself. If you had pass audibled like a Z fade it would have been td. I fumble way more on scrambles than designed runs (twice in that game, one which sat there forever)

My favorite play was when i brought a rolling zone blitz that blew up the backfield then you triple option flipped the ball for a 1st down

Oh yeah I saw like 3 guys coming straight for Tannehill so I couldn't lateral fast enough. If you'd gotten there faster, it'd have been a lateral fumble from poor aim. I caught on to a couple of your blitzing schemes near the end (see: Rishard Matthews TD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The advance is probably tomorrow night.

Oldskool are you back on the grid

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Mods please rename thread title to "the read option is a dying fad and won't be sust"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Triple option all day erreyday.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Alucard posted:

Triple option all day erreyday.

If only there were a quadruple

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

seventeen posted:

If only there were a quadruple

There really don't seem to be many option pass play choices, otherwise, I'd do a triple option pass play and gently caress everyone's poo poo up every time. Only way you're beating me is if you send everyone at Tan the Mannehill. Set up a second mobile QB as my pitch and pass from him. Man, I think I just innovated football.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Alucard posted:

There really don't seem to be many option pass play choices, otherwise, I'd do a triple option pass play and gently caress everyone's poo poo up every time. Only way you're beating me is if you send everyone at Tan the Mannehill. Set up a second mobile QB as my pitch and pass from him. Man, I think I just innovated football.

What if the center hiked the ball forward

If I know anything about Madden, it's how to destroy Tannehill

E: ok I meant Dalton but I'll crush Tannehill too and also I might be still drunk from the Pats game

seventeen fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 14, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

seventeen posted:

What if the center hiked the ball forward

If I know anything about Madden, it's how to destroy Tannehill

E: ok I meant Dalton but I'll crush Tannehill too and also I might be still drunk from the Pats game

I need to be able to run the Annexation of Puerto Rico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekOAov_I9w

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard posted:

I need to be able to run the Annexation of Puerto Rico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekOAov_I9w

If Tebow can't do a fumblerooski I don't wanna be part of this world

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
They won't even give us Webb as a QB

E: related, are the vikings cpu? I wanna trade for Webb

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

seventeen posted:

They won't even give us Webb as a QB

E: related, are the vikings cpu? I wanna trade for Webb

Spoiler: i am a huge vikings homer. You do not want Madden Webb. You cant switch him to a QB, and ea gave him stats so bad he is a 2 season project.

E: Webb is a FA in 2014 get him then for no picks.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Dubious posted:

Spoiler: i am a huge vikings homer. You do not want Madden Webb. You cant switch him to a QB, and ea gave him stats so bad he is a 2 season project.

E: Webb is a FA in 2014 get him then for no picks.

Yeah it's hot garbage that WRs can't be changed to RB, TE and QB. I'm wondering if I can sub him in as QB in a wildcat formation of sorts, I'm pretty sure you can use the sub menu at the play calling to use a WR as QB there but who knows I also haven't played a game since Wednesday so I've forgotten half of the 3000 menus

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

human being Guy posted:

sorry Chaos I wont be able to get on tonight after the reg league game with oberst, I can play anytime tomorrow or I will go auto if you prefer.

Got class today as then I'm gonna go line up to get good seats for the kentucky game so I'll go on auto. You can also go auto or you can play the CPU, your call

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oberst posted:

The advance is probably tomorrow night.

Oldskool are you back on the grid

Called last Wednesday, stayed home yesterday for a tech that never showed up but I did get a call from a tech in Illinois saying he'd be right over (I live in New York), and this morning the internet was back on. If it's still functional when I get home I'll (finally) join the league.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

chaoslord posted:

Got class today as then I'm gonna go line up to get good seats for the kentucky game so I'll go on auto. You can also go auto or you can play the CPU, your call

I can't get to a ps3 today so CPU vs CPU is fine with me, Oberst can you set me to auto?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

oldskool posted:

Called last Wednesday, stayed home yesterday for a tech that never showed up but I did get a call from a tech in Illinois saying he'd be right over (I live in New York), and this morning the internet was back on. If it's still functional when I get home I'll (finally) join the league.

Do you want to play tonight?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Let me fire up the PS3, I'll be on in a couple minutes for a couple hours.

E: :lol: Rich Stadium 10 overall, all capped at level 1

Mesko wearing #4? Sinful.

GG Oberst. You drove up & down the field on me, that INT really killed you. Ironic that it was Lawson, as I was spending most of my defensive playcalling time flipping through the Bills lovely playbook trying to find plays where he either QB spied or blitzed because he's so bad at coverage I didn't want him on Olsen.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 15, 2014

Oberst
May 24, 2010

9ers and hawks still pending. Id like to advance tonight if possible

Gg oldskool, but that game sucked. Atleast i poo poo around like a true panthers playcaller

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Wampa, I'm around if you are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seventeen posted:

Wampa, I'm around if you are

Yea hopping on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKTbFbwrxE

e: HAHA WELP loving GREAT START

Why do I even bother to elect to receive, I always turn it over anyway. Might as well get the ball back after the half.

e2: gg seventeen, you completely loving destroyed me. You knew every offensive play I was going to run and I kept giving you the ball every time I was about to score.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 15, 2014

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

WampaLord posted:

Yea hopping on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKTbFbwrxE

e: HAHA WELP loving GREAT START

Why do I even bother to elect to receive, I always turn it over anyway. Might as well get the ball back after the half.

e2: gg seventeen, you completely loving destroyed me. You knew every offensive play I was going to run and I kept giving you the ball every time I was about to score.

Gg dude, I really hope none of your players remained injured because the ghost of Madden was haunting CenturyLink tonight

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seventeen posted:

Gg dude, I really hope none of your players remained injured because the ghost of Madden was haunting CenturyLink tonight

Everyone's dead. :qq:

Nah, just fooling. They were all single-game injuries, but Tate is still out for 5 weeks with a broken collarbone. :cmon:

E: And the first half, Jim :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 15, 2014

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Mora loving rules. I have no idea how my D kept stuffing Lynch. I had a pretty hard time covering you over the middle though and if it wasn't for me dropping 4 in the end zone on passing plays in my red zone I think the game would've been a lot closer. You played better D than you give yourself credit for, I had two very short scoring drives and stalled out most of the rest of the way

E: also this is the first game I've played sober in these leagues. Do the players always move that fast?

seventeen fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 15, 2014

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Chiefs, Bears & Broncos get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

:siren: Week 3, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

McShurto @ TheNardPuppy
notjustplatinum @ captaincapn
Nawid @ chaoslord2002

Advance is whenever, idk stop loving hassling me, dad (friday)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oberst posted:

Nawid @ chaoslord2002

When works for you?

My availability is pretty late (think ~9pm eastern Wednesday and 9:30pm eastern Thursday), and I'm travelling Friday. I might be available from like....4:30pm to 7 Eastern on Thursday as well if somewhere in there definitely works for you.

If none of those windows work for you, since it's my busy schedule this week that is precluding things then I will go on auto

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seventeen posted:

I have no idea how my D kept stuffing Lynch.

I know, right? Your dudes were all over him. At one point he had 10 rushes for 7 yards total.

Beast Mode more like Least Mode. :downsrim:

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Oberst I'll be grabbing my ps3 back from my friends place tomorrow so I can play anytime after 6 EST Thurs.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

When works for you?

My availability is pretty late (think ~9pm eastern Wednesday and 9:30pm eastern Thursday), and I'm travelling Friday. I might be available from like....4:30pm to 7 Eastern on Thursday as well if somewhere in there definitely works for you.

If none of those windows work for you, since it's my busy schedule this week that is precluding things then I will go on auto

Yeah I can do tonight.

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013

Oberst posted:

Chiefs, Bears & Broncos get sim wins

ALL IN FOR

McShurto @ TheNardPuppy
notjustplatinum @ captaincapn
Nawid @ chaoslord2002

Advance is whenever, idk stop loving hassling me, dad (friday)

Oh captain, my captain when shall we play

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
So this is the second CPU game in which I thought I killed Tannehill and he was fine. Is my QB Marky Mark in that Eagles movie?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alucard posted:

So this is the second CPU game in which I thought I killed Tannehill and he was fine. Is my QB Marky Mark in that Eagles movie?

Do you have 2 QBs or 3+?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nawid posted:

Yeah I can do tonight.

Heading home now, be online in like ten minutes

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Do you have 2 QBs or 3+?

Looks like I only have 2. Is there an invincible QB bug when you only have 2 QBs?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alucard posted:

Looks like I only have 2. Is there an invincible QB bug when you only have 2 QBs?

Yep. If you have just two QBs they can't get injured.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Yep. If you have just two QBs they can't get injured.

Sweeeet. Should we enact a rule about this to allow everyone to kill everyone else's QB? Or can I keep playing with the Tannehighlander?

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 16, 2014

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Heading home now, be online in like ten minutes

Just saw, I'm online now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is that really a thing? Would explain Locker's 900 injuries in regular league he rubbed some dirt on. Either way im not carrying 3 qbs when that last spot has more value than a 3rd string qb

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

Is that really a thing? Would explain Locker's 900 injuries in regular league he rubbed some dirt on. Either way im not carrying 3 qbs when that last spot has more value than a 3rd string qb

I call into question your entire season record and vacate your digital wins!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bills shut out CPU Jets 17-0 and give up 70 total yards of offense. Bills also manage to re-sign Jairus Byrd to a five-year deal. Despite the lovely state of our stadium I think we're going to be OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Chaoslord, you want to give it another go sometime?

• Locked thread