Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I'll have to try that combo. Mine's still only L8 or so. Also,

Slayerjerman posted:

Seriously, try it with JUST penetration and see how it feels. It makes a huge difference.

qft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Anyone on PS4 have an extra "starter" mods for trade? Stuff like Serration and Hornet Strike? How much plat would you want for them?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I got a Hornet Strike and Serration, they are both only leveled by one. Are they not really worth using until I max them out? I have nothing potatoed, and I worry that maxing them out will cause problems having so few mod slots.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Killsion posted:

So I got a Hornet Strike and Serration, they are both only leveled by one. Are they not really worth using until I max them out? I have nothing potatoed, and I worry that maxing them out will cause problems having so few mod slots.
It is incredibly time consuming to max them out. It's not that bad to get them to 90-105% increased damage, which is obviously worth using. Most guns are best off with slapping on Serration/Hornet Strike and some elemental mods of choice.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Killsion posted:

Getting both to rank 5-6 is optimal for most non-Forma builds. I'm rank 10 and just got my Serration to 8/10. I consider that done because the increase in cores needed after that is just obscene.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Leyburn posted:

I asked for a PS4 clan invite a while back but haven't gotten anything yet? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I think I am. PSN is Boycey83.

Some folks were recommending buying a sentinel with the starting platinum, but they all seem to be 75 plat and you only start with 50. What are my options, can you even earn platinum at all or do you have to buy it?

Someone invited you the first time you asked, you've not accepted it yet.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

What are some good weapons to work towards? right now I only have Breton, Lato, and a Skana.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Golgozor posted:

Someone invited you the first time you asked, you've not accepted it yet.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from not knowing where to look and also the clan's name. I spent a few days checking "Inbox" or the clan page of my profile before realizing that invites go to the 3rd tab on the right side of the screen. Also I rejected the clan invite the first time since I had no idea that LLJK was the name of the goon clan.

Leyburn posted:

I asked for a PS4 clan invite a while back but haven't gotten anything yet? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I think I am. PSN is Boycey83.

Some folks were recommending buying a sentinel with the starting platinum, but they all seem to be 75 plat and you only start with 50. What are my options, can you even earn platinum at all or do you have to buy it?

When you're in the main screen with the options for Play, Keys, Arsenal, etc. hit the options on your controller, then go to the 3rd icon (the shield looking one) and you should see an invite there from LLJK.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

w00tmonger posted:

What are some good weapons to work towards? right now I only have Breton, Lato, and a Skana.

Magnus or Kunai for the secondary. Dual Zorens for melee. Primary depends on your current mastery.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

endlessmonotony posted:

Magnus or Kunai for the secondary. Dual Zorens for melee. Primary depends on your current mastery.

Right now I'm a rank 14 excalibur, 11 in primary and seconday weapons at the moment.

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.

ihatepants posted:

Anyone on PS4 have an extra "starter" mods for trade? Stuff like Serration and Hornet Strike? How much plat would you want for them?

I got Hornet Strike and a bunch of extra of other useful mods like Flow I can pass your way. I won't be on till some time tomorrow though. OcularShadows is my PSN name.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

w00tmonger posted:

Lose the Skana as fast as possible. You should have a Cronus blueprint by this point, so make one of those to get you through to your next mastery, then once you hit 2 try making an Orthos, and at mastery 3 aim for a Galatine.

For primaries I'd pick up a Karak or Latron. Secondaries, aim for a Hikou, or Kunai at rank 2, and probably get a Lex for a pistol as fast as possible, but that's just me.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Get a Penta as fast as you can then marvel at its ridiculous efficiency at killing enemies and yourself.

Galatine is basically the only good offensive melee weapon. A case can be made for the dual Zorens for mobility, the Orthos prime for general combat, the Dakra prime for the same, and possibly the Kestrel/Glaive prime for CC.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
new update

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

dark_3y3 posted:

I got Hornet Strike and a bunch of extra of other useful mods like Flow I can pass your way. I won't be on till some time tomorrow though. OcularShadows is my PSN name.

Thanks! Sent you a friend request. I mainly will just need Serration, then.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

PC or PS4?

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
Patch Notes

Notable things for me:

quote:

- Alerts now have a 5% chance to be nightmare Alerts.
- Health % for Resource Drone is shown on select screen.
-The mouse 4 button now has an option to be ESC – those that want it can have it, and those that hated it because Push-to-talk no longer are forced to have it!

All good stuff it seems.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
New secondary Tysis, toxic nail gun.

Corrosive: 35
Accuracy: 100
Fire rate: 2.5
Crit: 1.5x | 2.5%
Magazine: 15
Reload: 1.2
Semi-Auto

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Elysiume posted:

If you have the mastery it for it, Karak. It's a solid weapon with the main downside of it dumps ammo fast, so you reload a lot. It might require mastery 3?

Having hit 30 on Karak just last week, I will re-emphasize that trigger discipline goes a long way into moving down guys. I put Shred on it with the standard serration/2 elementals/crit/critDam and I could rip through 4-5 targets before reloading. I think a fast reload mod might be a good 8th if I was gonna go through forma'ing it.

Considering a build just using Strung Wrath, Machete Wraith, and Twin Wraith Vipers.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Carecat posted:

New secondary Tysis, toxic nail gun.

Corrosive: 35
Accuracy: 100
Fire rate: 2.5
Crit: 1.5x | 2.5%
Magazine: 15
Reload: 1.2
Semi-Auto

Acrid had a good run, I guess.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

ihatepants posted:

I think a lot of the confusion comes from not knowing where to look and also the clan's name. I spent a few days checking "Inbox" or the clan page of my profile before realizing that invites go to the 3rd tab on the right side of the screen.

Ahhhhhh. They don't make this poo poo obvious do they.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

so the new gun is an Acrid with a higher proc chance and thats it? Disappointing...

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

I AM THE MOON posted:

so the new gun is an Acrid with a higher proc chance and thats it? Disappointing...

It goes to 87.5% status chance with mods.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I wanna put Blast on it. It'll be just like spy movie tranquilizer darts.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can anyone post pics of their awesome Ignis builds? I need to add my second forma and want to plan accurately.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They may have broken extractors repairing.

Edit: False alarm. The text doesn't match their health.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 16, 2014

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

R.I.P., Elara. You were the best mission for farming Pathogen Rounds, and a great leveling spot. Soon you will be nothing more than another dirty Grineer hovel, all in the name of The Harvester. :sigh:

Oh well, at least they're releasing a brand new not-just-bullets secondary weapon the day after I find out I won't be able to build the Embolist I bought the BP for until I gain two more ranks.

Also, we should probably start working on some kind of list of decent early-game weapons that don't need a ton of rare mats, rare mods, or crazy builds in order to be functional.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Anybody else having issues with freezing after this patch? It may be my graphics card (saw some weird glowing yellow lines just before the freeze), but I thought I'd ask while I test it out.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If I was recommending some early-game weapons, I'd have to suggest the Boltor or Karak for lower levels, then the Hek or Sobek for Rank 4. The Hek is a serious gun for serious people. Serious people serious about murder.

For secondaries, I have to throw my weight behind the Magnus. It's a really solid, balanced hand cannon, really good at just wrecking whatever you point it at. The Aklato are also surprisingly solid and fun, too, given how awful the Lato is. The Lex and Aklex are both not recommended by me, especially the latter. I couldn't wait to get rid of my Aklex. Just saddening to use.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I'll vote the opposite, The Lex is great with even some moderate modding. I haven't tried the aklex yet.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Anybody else having issues with freezing after this patch? It may be my graphics card (saw some weird glowing yellow lines just before the freeze), but I thought I'd ask while I test it out.

I did have a crash to desktop out of nowhere on a random mission, which I don't often have.

Also, reposting my own suggestions for a while back as far as early-game weaponry options.

ElegantFugue posted:

Galatine is the best melee, pretty much, but you need to put mods on it to improve the swing and charge speed and charge damage. You probably won't have those for a bit. I THINK you can get Dual Heat Swords early on, which have a nice jump slam attack that sets everything nearby on fire half the time, those might be able to help tide you over for a bit.
For secondaries, the Kunai and Hikou are good, although I think they might be Rank 2 or higher? I prefer the Hikou with maxed out reload and fire rate. The Stug is also a fun weapon which works kind of weird, it shoots exploding white goo bombs.
Karak and Hind are probably your best bets for primaries, early on. Karak is a normal assault rifle, Hind shoots five round bursts.

Also, mods you put on a weapon can be almost as important as the weapon itself. Pressure Point (melee), Serration (rifles), and Hornet Strike (secondaries) are the big ones you need and should try to rank up 3-5 levels ASAP.

Also also, I just finished up leveling my own Twin Gremlins, and was moderately unimpressed with them until I put on +multishot mods, which you won't be getting until mid-late game at the earliest. They just kinda spread out too much that unless you're making a literal wall of nailgun bullets you won't hit anything.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

ihatepants posted:

I MIGHT have a Hornet Strike. I'll check when I can get on. My PSN is BarkingSquirrel1

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 16, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Leyburn posted:

Is that a US only thing, cause I don't see it? Am I going to have to fork out the 3 quid or whatever it wants? I wanna give this game a proper try, but I'm already sick of playing with complete idiots.
Here is the link to the PS+ starter pack. It has some great poo poo in it for free. Not sure if it's US only :britain:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...LU0010000000000

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
Once you get to Saturn for the Nanospores, and farm a few Morphics, the Kestrel is a 0 Mastery weapon that scales infinitely in terms of utility, even without a single mod on it. It's a boomerang melee weapon that you throw with the charge attack, and it knocks over any regular enemy, and most bosses. If you don't mind losing regular close-range melee attacking (which it's terrible at), you basically gain another Warframe ability that lets you continually disable an enemy for free, at medium range. It's a nice safety net, because if your primary/secondary has trouble killing things, you can at least knock that Bombard on its rear end repeatedly while you regret bringing an unranked Spectra to the mission. In other words, keeping it equipped makes it easier to level everything else.

And that's just at level 0. With mods you'll either get to attack faster (Reflex Coil, Quick Return) or give it hella sweet crowd control (Power Throw). Oh, and putting Blast damage on it will make enemies ragdoll further, which is technically a downgrade because it becomes harder to keep your sights on the enemy, but it's hella cool. If you start to love the weapon as much as I do (haven't stopped using either it or the glaive in the past 50 hours of gameplay), I highly recommend binding melee to the middle mouse button, because you're practically going to use it as a third gun. Sometimes more than your actual gun.

Damage potential is definitely there as well, though I don't go to the hour-long Survival mission extents some people do. While you may not have the raw numbers of the Galatine, you have considerably more area of effect with Power Throw, letting you hit up to five enemies in a tight cluster without having to run up to them. Possibly around corners, but that requires you getting super into the weapon and a fair bit of luck. Oh, and you can headshot things. God, I'm so scared they'll somehow screw up the thrown weapons with the melee revamp coming up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Should I potato the Latron Prime? I like the style of the gun but not sure if I would use it for future purposes after hitting level 30.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

ihatepants posted:

I actually just got another one if you still want one. PSN BarkingSquirrel1

*Edit Just got another Serration so I have spares of both now.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 16, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

seiferguy posted:

Should I potato the Latron Prime? I like the style of the gun but not sure if I would use it for future purposes after hitting level 30.

The Latron Prime is good but nothing spectacular. It's basically the only gun of its type (well, except the Snipetron Vandal but you can't get that anymore) so if you like it go for it.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Piell posted:

The Latron Prime is good but nothing spectacular. It's basically the only gun of its type (well, except the Snipetron Vandal but you can't get that anymore) so if you like it go for it.

yeah, it's a fairly unique gun. The Lastron Prime with punch through/crit/firerate becomes pretty godly, of course with any elemental flavors you happen to prefer.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I don't have the prime version but it's a powerful hitscan weapon that if it had a bunch of mods could be really awesome.... or you could get a Soma and drop the need for the fire rate mods. I often use the Soma to snipe away like I did with the Latron before Soma existed. Maybe if you have some status-based synergy system going Latron Prime could work well, but the far high firing rate of the Soma will get you better results at the "cost" of just killing whatever you're trying to kill anyway faster. The primary advantage of Latron Prime over Soma to me is that there's no mastery requirement for Latron Prime and it could be a while until you get the Soma. But by the time you've ran enough void missions to get the Latron Prime built, you might already be Mastery 6 anyway and you could just pay some credits for the Soma BP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I'm loosely keeping an eye on this game still. Do they have plans to make melee not so terrible anytime soon? I don't really want to play this game unless I'm able to be effective with melee weapons.