Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Carved from one solid block of frozen turd.

Tempus Fugit posted:

Jesus, it looks like it's about to take a dump on the fretboard. The transparent dye job on that quilted maple is really bad as well.

It looks like he's making GBS threads the neck out, go wolfie boy go! That quilting does look weird, gently caress knows what they finished it with.

Salt Fish posted:

Would dry hump this guitar thanks.

That guitar looks like it came from the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

I am speechless. This is unbelievable.

This guy needs an account. Pronto.

You don't want this guy any where near a forum you enjoy reading.
He showed up on another guitar centered forum I'm a member of sheet some body found his website 7 or 8 years ago.
You think Dr. F is a sperge Lord this guy makes him look normal.
They had to ban him multiple times and even now no one will type it hid reel name lest it show up in a Google search he does and bring him back.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Thumposaurus posted:

You don't want this guy any where near a forum you enjoy reading.
He showed up on another guitar centered forum I'm a member of sheet some body found his website 7 or 8 years ago.
You think Dr. F is a sperge Lord this guy makes him look normal.
They had to ban him multiple times and even now no one will type it hid reel name lest it show up in a Google search he does and bring him back.

Apparently he thinks Axl Rose is his brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF4iq7bDQ0Y

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

This owns bones. I'd never heard of DBZ guitars so i took a look at their site. They make some pretty ugly poo poo-

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

White Dog Eggs posted:

It looks like he's making GBS threads the neck out, go wolfie boy go! That quilting does look weird, gently caress knows what they finished it with.

It almost looks like it wasn't sanded well enough before finishing. I've seen spots of tearout in maple that are hard to sand, and when you finish them they absorb the finish all weird and fuzzy. Or it could just be a rattlecan holocaust too. (If someone from this thread doesn't use 'rattlecan holocaust' as a band name it's a drat shame)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Tempus Fugit posted:

It almost looks like it wasn't sanded well enough before finishing. I've seen spots of tearout in maple that are hard to sand, and when you finish them they absorb the finish all weird and fuzzy. Or it could just be a rattlecan holocaust too. (If someone from this thread doesn't use 'rattlecan holocaust' as a band name it's a drat shame)

I reckon you're right there, maybe they didn't want to risk damaging the inlay or something. I've had trouble getting quilted maple to take dye evenly, I've found the best way is just to not use it and if anyone asks I usually show them some spalted wood and they change their mind.

For all those times when you really need to play a mandolin but cannot put your guitar down. I've lost count of how many times this I've thought this, then again I've inhaled a lot of paint thinner over the years.

Tempus Fugit posted:

This owns bones. I'd never heard of DBZ guitars so i took a look at their site. They make some pretty ugly poo poo-

That might be one of the stupidest Flying V's I've ever seen.

Why would you do all that inlay on such a light coloured body? It looks stupider than that neck-making GBS threads wolf.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 15, 2014

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

White Dog Eggs posted:

That might be one of the stupidest Flying V's I've ever seen.

It's more of a Flying crooked "T" with that tumor near the neck. Or a Flying backwards λ, I'm not sure which.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Here's a PRS Dragon III that happens to be a lefty. http://www.gbase.com/gear/prs-paul-reed-smith-dragon-iii-24-from-the-r

Only they didn't change the loving dragon inlay to accommodate the left handed guitar so the dragon inlay appears upside down when it's played. Are you loving kidding me.

Also that abalone "TM" trademark inlay after the dragon is super duper classy, too. Maybe on their next masterwork they'll inlay an elegant full page or two of copyright law violation warnings on the fretboard.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 15, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

GreatGreen posted:

Here's a PRS Dragon III that happens to be a lefty. http://www.gbase.com/gear/prs-paul-reed-smith-dragon-iii-24-from-the-r

Only they didn't loving change the dragon inlay to accomodate the left handed guitar so the dragon inlay appears upside down when it's played. Are you loving kidding me.

PRS use CNC for everything, I guess it's too much effort to do a small run of left handed inlays, or just flip the boards around.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

White Dog Eggs posted:

PRS use CNC for everything, I guess it's too much effort to do a small run of left handed inlays, or just flip the boards around.

or hit edit > flip

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mclast posted:

these idiots let their webpage expire, so this was the best pic i could find, but they make their own guitars out of scrap metal

Is "Scrap Metal" the genre they play too? Because they should create it because it sounds bad-rear end.

Sexy as gently caress and you're completely wrong.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

This one looks like a new bowling ball and I want to touch it.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dewgy posted:

or hit edit > flip

Want to know something fun? Those fretboards cost next to nothing to make. You can buy excellent copies/factory surplus online for £8 each. They show up on ebay sometimes too.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

White Dog Eggs posted:

For all those times when you really need to play a mandolin but cannot put your guitar down. I've lost count of how many times this I've thought this, then again I've inhaled a lot of paint thinner over the years.

It's even dumber than that. When I looked and counted the number of tuners, I was like "why aren't there 8 on the short neck?"

Taken from some lovely website

"1959 Gibson EMS-1235 Doubleneck - Sunburst All original and very rare 1959 Gibson EMS-1235 Doubleneck guitar in excllent condition. Doublenecks where built to custom order only and just 13(!) of this model left the factory in 1959. Solid 13mm sprucetop and hollowbody construction. The long neck has a scale length of 625mm, the short neck is a 6 string octave guitar, tuned 1 octave higher and has a scale length of 352mm."

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

killhamster posted:

This one looks like a new bowling ball and I want to touch it.

nailed it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DBZ guitars is cheating because
1. The name is loving DBZ
2. The guitars are deliberately designed so they have dents comfort contours

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love Danelctro guitars (perhaps not the most versatile instruments but they are loving fantastic for the money), but they have made some ugly rear end stuff over the years;

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
From what I know, DBZ is the new company Dean started after selling the old one around the time Dimebag died and made the Dean brand worth soar sky-high.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

White Dog Eggs posted:

I love Danelctro guitars (perhaps not the most versatile instruments but they are loving fantastic for the money), but they have made some ugly rear end stuff over the years;

the one of mine you liked is a baritone, if that makes it any more obnoxious

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Odddzy posted:

From what I know, DBZ is the new company Dean started after selling the old one around the time Dimebag died and made the Dean brand worth soar sky-high.

It is, and Dean's unique ugliness is well-represented

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
is there a single prs owner who isn't a total herb in love with the smell of their own farts?

did paul reed smith intentionally set out to design and market an instrument solely to dentists and accountants who missed out on their youth?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

comes along bort posted:

is there a single prs owner who isn't a total herb in love with the smell of their own farts?

did paul reed smith intentionally set out to design and market an instrument solely to dentists and accountants who missed out on their youth?

it looks like a guitar for middled aged business men who always wished they'd learned to play guitar

even in high school the guys that went on about them were the ones who weren't particularly good players

you'd go to their house and they'd have whatever cheap guitar they could find that reminded them of Clapton and they'd say things like "i just plug up to my little 10w marshall...it's all i ever need" or some poo poo. None of those guys knew what the gently caress was coming out of his mouth. I'm like "so you want the most expensive guitar we can buy around here to plug into THAT amp...ok, dude"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

comes along bort posted:

I like to think I'm not one of those dudes. I've currently got 2 PRS along with a few other makes and while I don't think they're the be all/end all of guitar making, they're light enough that wearing one of them all night doesn't leave me looking for a chiropractor the next day and they make noises that sound good.

And I think some of them are pretty. :colbert:
I have a red one and a rainbow one.

The collectors who buy based on the quality of the flame or whatever drive me nuts regardless of the brand that they choose.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

prs has some good looking nice sounding guitars that you can find good knockoffs for like this http://jacksmusicstore.com/catalog/guitar/instruments/electric-guitar/vintage/ftd-ins-egt-vtg-a~vrs100c?gclid=CIemlo3cgbwCFY1FMgodPwMAxA

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

ZombieParts posted:

it looks like a guitar for middled aged business men who always wished they'd learned to play guitar

even in high school the guys that went on about them were the ones who weren't particularly good players

you'd go to their house and they'd have whatever cheap guitar they could find that reminded them of Clapton and they'd say things like "i just plug up to my little 10w marshall...it's all i ever need" or some poo poo. None of those guys knew what the gently caress was coming out of his mouth. I'm like "so you want the most expensive guitar we can buy around here to plug into THAT amp...ok, dude"

When the PRS SEs first came out they were everywhere, metalcore dudes went loving nuts for them

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

comes along bort posted:

Hey, I only own because my LP copy was killing my already messed up shoulder, so was happy to trade off to something with similar functionality at around 7lbs.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Plus, gently caress buying new, the used market is where it's at.

I've bout a grand total of 2 new guitars in right at 30 years of playing.
Both of them within the last year in fact.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This guitar is gorgeous:

Nice to see you again. See you later. =)

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

This guitar is gorgeous:

The handle looks really useful if you're busking and don't have a case.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
not enough knobs and switches to be a worthwhile instrument

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

White Dog Eggs posted:

I love Danelctro guitars (perhaps not the most versatile instruments but they are loving fantastic for the money), but they have made some ugly rear end stuff over the years

Seiji of Guitar Wolf has a Longhorn guitar. The shorter neck makes it even uglier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11P1yVvvDs

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Dr. Faustus posted:

This guitar is gorgeous:

I think ya'll just got served

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

killhamster posted:

not enough knobs and switches to be a worthwhile instrument
I'll have you know that the knobs are also switches.

skander posted:

The handle looks really useful if you're busking and don't have a case.
The case is pictured.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 16, 2014

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

The case is pictured.
You are extraordinarily self-centered.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dr. Faustus posted:

The case is pictured.

Thanks ulillillia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Dr. Faustus posted:

I will say this in the most literal sense possible, since that is what you understand best: synthesizers are cooler.

• Locked thread