Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

zbn posted:

These are magical. :allears:

They really kinda are.

Huh. I'm actually jealous of video game skill. It's goony as hell but drat that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pneub posted:

Here's 10 minutes of maybe the same guy setting up photo ops for the in-game camera (9:00 is the money shot, you have to at least watch that one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

This guy is really, really good at whatever the hell it is he's doing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pneub posted:

Here's 10 minutes of maybe the same guy setting up photo ops for the in-game camera (9:00 is the money shot, you have to at least watch that one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

I was not expecting the money shot to end like that. Amazing.

I don't even play MGS, but his videos are great.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When you melee bash a Shield enemy in Payday2 while it's climbing through a window.

While robbing a jewelry store, I duck under a counter and trip into a wormhole.

http://youtu.be/kLpTWGqr5Zw

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

That's a normal gameplay feature.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hahaha I love Madden

I was playing as an inside defensive end and somehow teleported to the right side. No idea how he got there. Replay didn't help either.

Also had some players eating each other's asses after a play. That's certainly a sight.

There was one massive glitch I encountered but drat if I could remember it. I know it left me scratching my head though.

Seth Pecksniff has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jan 22, 2014

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

RUNNIN' AROUND AT THE SPEED OF oh...

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Not sure if this technically counts as a glitch, but it's at least indicative of just how much of a mess Sonic '06 is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze582VGaAkY

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Finisher1 posted:

Not sure if this technically counts as a glitch, but it's at least indicative of just how much of a mess Sonic '06 is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze582VGaAkY

That probably isn't intended program behavior, so yes, it's a glitch! :eng101:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Lizard Wizard posted:

That probably isn't intended program behavior, so yes, it's a glitch! :eng101:

Actually, while I don't have the game anymore - I think all you had to do was stop Sonic from moving. It didn't matter how fast he was going, his feet would always be on the ground. Rather than program the game to keep propelling Sonic forward or locking the controls or something - they just said "gently caress it, nobodies going to try going backwards anyway" and moved on to something more important like making the Dolphin freak the gently caress out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

scarycave posted:

Actually, while I don't have the game anymore - I think all you had to do was stop Sonic from moving. It didn't matter how fast he was going, his feet would always be on the ground. Rather than program the game to keep propelling Sonic forward or locking the controls or something - they just said "gently caress it, nobodies going to try going backwards anyway" and moved on to something more important like making the Dolphin freak the gently caress out.

Assuming nobody would go backwards in Sonic 06 also lead to this gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4K0Sq47Whw

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

SpacePig posted:

Assuming nobody would go backwards in Sonic 06 also lead to this gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4K0Sq47Whw

Every glitch video ever would be made so much better if YouTube outlawed the practice of "some guy laughing hysterically over the game's sound"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno, I think their exasperation makes it funnier. v:shobon:v

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MiketheGreat posted:

Every glitch video ever would be made so much better if YouTube outlawed the practice of "some guy laughing hysterically over the game's sound"
Here's a bunch of Sonic 2006 glitches without anybody yelling over it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MiketheGreat posted:

Beep boop humour is derived from the comedic outcome of video games not performing as they are supposed to

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Apr 2, 2014

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm also hard of hearing from years of Hard Core Vidconning so it's very important that you scream not only loudly but repeatedly to make sure I understand that you're feeling emotions due to your game experience.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Woaaaaah, someone finds humor in something I don't? Time to weigh in on this incredibly important debate.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, I think their exasperation makes it funnier. v:shobon:v

It depends on how much I want to punch the dude. If he seems cool, then it's good. If he has a bad sounding voice and/or keeps making lovely jokes, then I will very strongly think he should find a new hobby, and might even go so far as closing the tab.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

sweeperbravo posted:

It depends on how much I want to punch the dude. If he seems cool, then it's good. If he has a bad sounding voice and/or keeps making lovely jokes, then I will very strongly think he should find a new hobby, and might even go so far as closing the tab.

Yeah, pretty much. Dude laughing like a normal human being, whatever. Dude screaming nonstop and cackling like a loving hyena for 7 minutes straight, kind of annoying.

SORRY TO DERAIL, guys.

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012
A guy tries to create the most hilariously unbalanced game of Madden possible

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

quote:

...I was met with a fate so much more painful than that. My mom showed up in my inbox with a donation. She voted Broncos, and I hoped dearly that the random number generator wouldn't select her.

It did. She is now the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos. And now I must throw her to the wolves...

...Among her many other superlatives, she's the most generous, giving person I've ever known. Her presence here is only one of a thousand different times she's gone out of her way to help others in need, in ways big and small. I remember one of those small times. I was walking home from my last day of fourth grade, and as I neared my front door, a water balloon landed on the ground a few feet away from me. I looked up. She'd missed me on purpose, and she was smiling. On the porch she had a giant bucket of water balloons she'd filled for me, just waiting for me to get home and play and say hello to the summer. It was probably the 2,000th-nicest thing she's ever done for me, and I don't know what makes that one stick out, but I felt love, and it mattered. Anyway, here's a GIF of her getting clobbered.

This is totally worth the read. Good stuff!

ArgonHarvester
Sep 6, 2010
Breaking Madden has been my favorite column in years, the article in which he revived Tecmo Bowl-era Bo Jackson was excellent.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ArgonHarvester posted:

Breaking Madden has been my favorite column in years, the article in which he revived Tecmo Bowl-era Bo Jackson was excellent.

This article was hysterical; I'm going to have to read more of this column.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This article was hysterical; I'm going to have to read more of this column.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4862062/greg-schiano-breaking-madden
Let me first say I loving hate sports games and this article is the loving funniest thing I have read in a long time.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

This is loving fantastic. The ending is especially :stare:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So those with Madden 25, is there a way to screenshot/save a replay? Because I just played against demon Leslie Frazier who looked like Cordelia from AHS:Coven after she gouged her eyes out

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Apr 2, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inspector Zenigata posted:

The final bit is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

She'd missed me on purpose, and she was smiling. On the porch she had a giant bucket of water balloons she'd filled for me, just waiting for me to get home and play and say hello to the summer. It was probably the 2,000th-nicest thing she's ever done for me, and I don't know what makes that one stick out, but I felt love, and it mattered. Anyway, here's a GIF of her getting clobbered.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The Seahawks aren't football players, they are Space Marines in training. :black101:
The Broncos are the Imperial Guard

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Haruharuharuko posted:

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4862062/greg-schiano-breaking-madden
Let me first say I loving hate sports games and this article is the loving funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Yea this pretty much just made my day.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

I cried with laughter reading this. I have not laughed at something this hard in a long long time. Definitely read this.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

This is the best article I have ever read about a videogame. I laughed, I cried, I passed gas involuntarily. The GY!BE just made it so perfect.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Theresa Frontpage posted:

This is the best article I have ever read about a videogame. I laughed, I cried, I passed gas involuntarily. The GY!BE just made it so perfect.

It really did. At this point I expect all video game videos with slow motion to have "Lux Aeterna" as the music, so this was a nice surprise to see something fitting and decent.

Those articles are great.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's coming true!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

el burbo posted:

It's coming true!

An unsettling omen.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Tunicate posted:

An unsettling omen.

So yeah, that was an pretty accurate computer simulation, aside from the cyber-fetus forming on the 50-yard line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Pneub posted:

So yeah, that was an pretty accurate computer simulation, aside from the cyber-fetus forming on the 50-yard line.

So you missed the half-time show?