Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

88h88 posted:

It's utterly terrible yet I cannot bring myself to hate because it's just so loving ridiculous.

That thing in the background though? Nah.

I hope this is the new Batmobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

If you park it going up a hill with a 40 degree incline or so and fill it with water, the back could make a pretty nice hot tub.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

this rules

e: it's a 1994 Toyota Hiace under all that

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

88h88 posted:

It's utterly terrible yet I cannot bring myself to hate because it's just so loving ridiculous.

That thing in the background though? Nah.

That is the most fascinating thing. I can't stop looking at it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

CommieGIR posted:

:gonk: Turning Radius!

I'm sorry, a what radius?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

only an issue if it moves under its own power

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CommieGIR posted:

Easier to just go around the Earth again if you miss your turn.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

dubzee posted:

e: it's a 1994 Toyota Hiace under all that

Holy :lol: that is the best part! I would drive into a ditch laughing at that thing on the roads. It's incredible.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Blood Magnet posted:

That is the most fascinating thing. I can't stop looking at it.

It reminds me of a Langfor Basilisk where my brain can't quite wrap around what it's seeing and is mentally recoiling from its strange non-euclidean form.

Seriously though, I could tell I had a migraine coming on from the visual artifacts I get beforehand, and I stared at that thing so long and the artifacts went away and no migraine. :psyduck:

I think I may have to save that image.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

It's like 60' long with a 30' wheel base.

I'm dying to see a view from the back.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Bovril Delight posted:

IIRC you can do the heart, little Texas state, & spaces/dashes/periods. On myplates, the @ is for the heart, and the * for the state. Strangely the only other special character you can type is a % sign, but it backs it out immediately, so it may be used for something else in the future or maybe a government plate.
MyPlates is *almost* reason to live in Texas. So many cool (and sometimes trolling) license plates are available RIGHT NOW.
WHYYY - Please Drive Sober
RIDING - Texas Trails
Buffalo Soldiers LUVJAH
Texas Masons CNSPIR and CONSPR and SEKRIT
CANT - Stop Child Abuse
WONT - Share the Road, Y'all

And those are just dicking around with the motorcycle plategen, where you can only have 5 characters.
Needs more love.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The only good one available around here is from New Hampshire:

Live Free Or Die
INAFIRE

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Kenny Rogers posted:

MyPlates is *almost* reason to live in Texas. So many cool (and sometimes trolling) license plates are available RIGHT NOW.
WHYYY - Please Drive Sober
RIDING - Texas Trails
Buffalo Soldiers LUVJAH
Texas Masons CNSPIR and CONSPR and SEKRIT
CANT - Stop Child Abuse
WONT - Share the Road, Y'all

And those are just dicking around with the motorcycle plategen, where you can only have 5 characters.
Needs more love.

Still my favorite:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I followed a Tesla Roadster on the freeway today with the plate GASSUX. Probably shouldn't be in this thread though. :v:

Mokoshin
Jan 16, 2014
VN Commodore into FJ Holden conversion. Wonder if they will swap the old grey motor over as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I cannot even imagine the quantity and magnitude of poor decisions going on there.

The car on the lift has what looks like Fiero wheels, to the surprise of nobody.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

The only good one available around here is from New Hampshire:

Live Free Or Die
INAFIRE
That's amazing.

More silly Terrible Texas Plates:

Some of them are more inspired than others. All of them are listed as currently available.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
ok like Freebirds is pretty good I guess but I would not get a loving license plate with it on there what the gently caress is wrong with Texas?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

rscott posted:

ok like Freebirds is pretty good I guess but I would not get a loving license plate with it on there what the gently caress is wrong with Texas?
This is a question you had to ask out loud? :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

rscott posted:

They're collecting money from people stupid enough to buy a burrito chain license plate and, presumably, from Freebirds for making it available. Better that than taking it out of my paycheck, which they don't do because Texas doesn't have an income tax.

So what's wrong with YOUR state? (I live in California every other state is better please send help)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I had no idea until recently that Freebirds was anywhere but Santa Barbara, California. The new chain owner is expanding it rapidly. That and Habit Burger, another Santa Barbara staple, is really expanding too.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

The first bite I ever took of a Freebirds! burrito was practically a religious experience on my tongue. I would buy and rock the hell out of one of their custom plates.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There's some mixed stories about how the TX and CA versions co-existed. One version states it was 2 separate burrito places with the same name that started in both TX and CA at the same time (yeah, right), the newer version says the same people started both chains at different times.

Either way, the original Freebirds in TX was near Texas A&M. And they have a yummy burrito.

tl;dr all we know is he's called the Stig.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The original location actually isn't part of the big chain. I think the cofounders split because managing the restaurants between Texas and California is hard work. Now the new owners are franchising the Texas version all over California. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Blood Magnet posted:

It's like 60' long with a 30' wheel base.

I'm dying to see a view from the back.

Enjoy!

I think we're looking at 8 vertically arranged sets of tail lights. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what those anodised blue things are??

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

88h88 posted:

Anyone wanna take a guess as to what those anodised blue things are??

What could they possibly be besides NOS bottles?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Makes sense, I've just spotted the NOS sticker on the left hand tail platform right at the bottom.

*edit: and you can clearly see that they are on the side view picture Blood Magnet posted up the page.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mokoshin posted:

VN Commodore into FJ Holden conversion. Wonder if they will swap the old grey motor over as well.

Is there a website for this thing? I can't stop laughing

EDIT: Found another picture of it on this website, from 2006:

http://oldholden.com/node/36928

You Am I fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 16, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Raluek posted:

What could they possibly be besides NOS bottles?

It's a shame they're obviously this because I was really hoping the answer was 'warp nacelles'

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

rscott posted:

Privatization, bitches

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Armacham posted:

Privatization, bitches

They also have a Liberty University one, which makes me want to vomit

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BlackMK4 posted:

I followed a Tesla Roadster on the freeway today with the plate GASSUX. Probably shouldn't be in this thread though. :v:

I would totally get an old land barge V8 wagon with a SUXGAS plate.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KozmoNaut posted:

I would totally get an old land barge V8 wagon with a SUXGAS plate.

MPGLOL

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
CAFAINT

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

They also have a Liberty University one, which makes me want to vomit

Try living 30 minutes away from it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

I saw a Leaf near my work with the plates LOLGAS. wrong thread too

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Na, it would be cool to have a leaf or tesla with a LOLRANGE plate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

John-5X Racing 03:00 PM Today

No AFR's monitored, just got it running and still have to get the VVTuner working. It's kind of worthless to monitor AFR's at idle anyways from our experience racing. People always seem to want to try and tune the mixture based on idle AFR's, and our research has led us to find that when in closed loop mode, the oxygen sensor is in effect and the ECU is leaning out the mixture trying to find stoich until you go WOT, it's always jumping around, and not usually until around 5K and up do we see it stabilize. If we find an abnormal AFR during higher RPM usage, we always have our adjustable fuel pressure regulator to dial it in. Thanks for your concern though.

Alright alright, installing an engine with a minor 1.2 point bump in static compression and using an adjustable FPR to act as the fuel management. I mean, it's only a 13.6% increase in compression, that's a small percentage!

Oh yeah, this is a customer's car.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

88h88 posted:

Enjoy!

I think we're looking at 8 vertically arranged sets of tail lights. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what those anodised blue things are??
I want to believe that the outside fins fold down in supersonic flight¹, like on the XB-70 Valkyrie.

¹ Made possible by the NOS, clearly.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Custom plate chat

:smug: