Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Prepare to turn your frown upside down

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/564

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Poor Renji. He's such a pathetic death god that someone else had to tell him the real name of his sword, because his own sword spirit didn't think him worthy of it. Even when trying to make him look cool and relevant again Kubo has to poo poo on the guy. Still, for all that I rather liked the new sword powers, especially the smoke/energy bite effect after Renji struck him.

That said, countdown till he worfs to build up a new enemy. I'm thinking 12 chapters. Not Chad levels of bad, but probably not too long either.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

SerSpook posted:

Prepare to turn your frown upside down

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/564

Did Kubo really pull a Neil Young line at the end there, or was that artistic license on the part of the translators?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Not quite at Aizen level yet. But getting close. Good for you, Renji.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Makes sense considering the anime representation was 2 beings. His sword should then have 2 forms. You have the snake boy on the chain as the sword hand, then the zombie monkey paw as the ape chick with huge tits. I know it's not canon, but I see the representation.

Shame his sword saw him as a jobber from day 1.

Sincerely think that he won't make it through the arc, but he will help spark some one else's power-up. My bets on Rukia or Ichigo obviously.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Renji, time rethink you career. Not even your sword takes you seriously.

So the superstar evaporated his own adoring fan, but apparently they were linked. To bad he is dead now...at the hands of Renji no less.

Kubo was on his artists seat for this chapter. The reveal of the new form is pretty sweet looking.

Nothing else to say about this chapter, nothing happened that noone hadn't already said 5 weeks ago. At least the art was good.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It was nice to see that Renji's bankai felt like a natural extension to his original bankai. It was unusual that his bankai was just his shikai, only larger and snake-like. Overall I like it because of how he was never acknowledged by his sword

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo that new form was super rad and the fact that he just evaporates the dude was awesome too. This isn't gonna stick, but it's infinitely better than the snake bankai.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Guys, after reading this chapter I've got a huge existential doubt:

If Renji never knew his sword's true name, what the hell was he releasing all this time?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

Guys, after reading this chapter I've got a huge existential doubt:

If Renji never knew his sword's true name, what the hell was he releasing all this time?

We've seen guys release their swords with fake names, having them release it with incomplete ones doesnt seem that much of a stretch

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, this isn't new territory. Yumichika has been doing an incomplete shikai by saying the wrong name for a looong time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alright, so that's Renji's moment to shine. Now move over, Rukia, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Ishida, and Ichigo need to have their moments now.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
I liked his new bankai and hated his old one, but I feel it's a cop out just to make him stronger to align with the rest of the story's progressing power. It couldn't have happened with his stupid snake bankai. I wonder who else has a "half" bankai now...

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

|Ziggy| posted:

I liked his new bankai and hated his old one, but I feel it's a cop out just to make him stronger to align with the rest of the story's progressing power. It couldn't have happened with his stupid snake bankai. I wonder who else has a "half" bankai now...

Knowing Kubo, probably everyone.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Good night, superstar prince. May flocks of Adoring Fans sing thee to thy sleep

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Honest Ray posted:

Good night, superstar prince. May flocks of Adoring Fans sing thee to thy sleep

You know, if you keep posting about him, he'll just keep coming back. That's how the power works right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Quick everyone, give him your energy!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Superstaaar! Wow! You're so cool! You can do it! Superstaaar!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I would laugh if they animated this and played Number One for him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Fhqwhgads posted:

I would laugh if they animated this and played Number One for him.

I hope they play it for Renji, but it's really off key and the singer's voice cracks all the time.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

TheHan posted:

I hope they play it for Renji, but it's really off key and the singer's voice cracks all the time.

They did something like this for Sonic Unleashed, if you got an E-rank on a level they would play this during the results screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kabanaw posted:

They did something like this for Sonic Unleashed, if you got an E-rank on a level they would play this during the results screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y

That's pretty great Sega decided to let my old high school band and orchestra contribute to a poo poo game.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

hagie posted:

Makes sense considering the anime representation was 2 beings. His sword should then have 2 forms. You have the snake boy on the chain as the sword hand, then the zombie monkey paw as the ape chick with huge tits. I know it's not canon, but I see the representation.

Shame his sword saw him as a jobber from day 1.

Sincerely think that he won't make it through the arc, but he will help spark some one else's power-up. My bets on Rukia or Ichigo obviously.

Zabimaru was like that in the manga too, wasn't he/she/it? At least it was always a monkey with a snake tail.

I almost wish he had died just now as a sort inverse ironic echo of when Byakuya stopped Ichigo from killing him and put an abrupt stop to his second wind miraculous comeback. Ishida would have been perfect for that since Renji had beaten him earlier in the original scenario. :v:

Also it looks like no one except Ishida or bad guy A & probably B can even match him if he's stronger than all the other arrow people now, so that's kind of boring. The fact that a Super Sword Ghost gave him this power and there are four more of them just makes the villains seem even more irrelevant. Oh, and we also have Kenpachi running around somewhere, and people have suspected that Aizen is out of jail to help. And the arrow people are also killing each other, just in case Soul Society was pressed for time too.

Speaking of Byakuya, I'm leaning against us learning how that kid we saw in the Turn Back the Pendulum arc became the guy we know, which I considered the one saving grace about keeping him alive. Now it seems like there's no reason except a rematch against As Nodt, because Renji has surpassed him to such a degree that someone in a lower weight class needs to fight him to at least give the illusion of making it sporting.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Byakuya learns how to create objects with his petal blades, constructing a mech as his new ultra power bankai

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Renji's new Bankai seems kind of well set up in a strange way. Zabimaru has the two head thing going on, the gorilla part and the snake part, but Renji's sword was always just the snake part. It would make sense that only the snake part of Zabimaru wanted to help Renji and the gorilla part didn't, so he was stuck using an incomplete version. Once he learned the true name he got the real deal, so now he has the snake sword and the gorilla hand.

I dunno, I think it seems kinda neat :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kabanaw posted:

Renji's new Bankai seems kind of well set up in a strange way. Zabimaru has the two head thing going on, the gorilla part and the snake part, but Renji's sword was always just the snake part. It would make sense that only the snake part of Zabimaru wanted to help Renji and the gorilla part didn't, so he was stuck using an incomplete version. Once he learned the true name he got the real deal, so now he has the snake sword and the gorilla hand.

I dunno, I think it seems kinda neat :shrug:
There's honestly a lot of things that are foreshadowed in Bleach, but Kubo is really bad at foreshadowing and tends to forget things he writes anyway causing people to just become pretty jaded. He's not nearly as good at it as Oda is. It just seems like even if you can pull specific images where a thing in Bleach was mentioned 5 years ago, it still comes off as made up on the spot for some reason V :v: V

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

hagie posted:

Byakuya learns how to create objects with his petal blades, constructing a mech as his new ultra power bankai

Remembering that Byakuya's sense of art is the same as Rukia's, I wish this were true.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Bisse posted:

Superstaaar! Wow! You're so cool! You can do it! Superstaaar!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Quick everyone, give him your energy!

:lol:

Best character(s) after Aizen.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok, that was actually cooler than I expected.

Also now we have 4 of the 5 Royal Guard described:
-Kirinji (the guy w/ the pompadour) created the healing springs
-Hikifune created the Mod Soul
-Oetsu is responsible for creating every single Zanpakuto
-and the Monk Dude came up with the names for everything

So that means expect a flashback for either Rukia or Byuakuya to explain what the spider lady is responsible for. Probably has something to do with the shinigami outfits and its wearer's respective reiatsu levels.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Incidentally, I am almost certain that Renji's sword didn't tell him its real name because the true form is incredibly dangerous to use or something and the sword wanted to spare Renji's life.

Basically Kubo is already laying the seeds for Renji to get chumped. Alas poor Renji, you will never truly win.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally, I am almost certain that Renji's sword didn't tell him its real name because the true form is incredibly dangerous to use or something and the sword wanted to spare Renji's life.

Basically Kubo is already laying the seeds for Renji to get chumped. Alas poor Renji, you will never truly win.

Personally I think it's more thematically appropriate as well as hilarious that it just didn't tell him its name because he sucked so much.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So is the blade fused to his hand ala Ichigo's former ultimate form? And then he can give it teeth whenever? I'm finding it a lil hard to follow the dynamic art especially when the form of a snake head just chomps down on Zangief and disintegrates him. Floating gorilla arm is pretty baller just for punching the poo poo out of things and Hulk smashing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pretty sure the snake head is some sort of gauntlet/guard thing.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
After years of stockholm syndrome with Kubo, I am now fully on board with Bleach. That chapter was BADASS.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's gonna really suck be hilarious when the next bad guy appears next chapter with a shadow over his body as he beats Renji in one attack and smiles as he steals Renji's new bankai. Then a chapter later he is revealed as the letter J, Svelt Svidevinder.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I can't remember if it's a thing that you can't steal a bankai if it's too powerful for you to handle/understand or if that was a lie surrounding the whole Lloyd twin confusion but if not, I'm gonna love Kubo's excuse for the first Sternritter Renji sees after this to not immediately steal his bankai. Maybe it's too pure because it came directly from Upper Soul Society or something.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That could just easily be solved by sending one of those little hollow pills to infect/power up the bakai.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It's gonna really suck be hilarious when the next bad guy appears next chapter with a shadow over his body as he beats Renji in one attack and smiles as he steals Renji's new bankai. Then a chapter later he is revealed as the letter J, Svelt Svidevinder.

Who said the alphabet had to go from A to Z? :smug:

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
T minus how long until the super secret Sternritter with the umlaut above his letter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
U is for ubermench?

• Locked thread