Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fred is on posted:

The theory is that he was just thrown in there because his design/costume had been finalized and Kurokage/Bravo's hadn't. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Except that the writer specifically called out ole Acorn was a character older fans would relate to.

I'm very curious why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Burkion posted:

Except that the writer specifically called out ole Acorn was a character older fans would relate to.

I'm very curious why.

Obviously Jonouchi is gonna get kidnapped by Yggdrasil and experimented on ala Showa era Kamen Rider

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Am I missing anything or is Sigurd the only Armored Rider to have the traditional Rider eyepieces?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I haven't seen 13 yet, again, but I've seen the promo material, and is Marika by chance the Fruit Bar spy girl? Or was that a one off thing? They focused on her a lot.

It was a joke. Like they were trying to be secretive and all "No one but us can know OUR BIG SECRET!" Shouted Micchy and then this gossipy girl was trying to edge in on the conversation texting away to god only knows wanting to know the scoop.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This episode owned and kicks the poo poo out of anyone who thought that the show would be too wacky to not be absolutely horrifying :magical:

Also, theory crafting time. We know the identities of three of the four Energy Riders already. Mikata (presumably a new character), Takatora, and Professor Sengoku. We still don't know Sigurd's identity, which says to me it has to be an established character already.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are entering the age of Antagonist Sagara.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Monathin posted:

Also, theory crafting time. We know the identities of three of the four Energy Riders already. Mikata (presumably a new character), Takatora, and Professor Sengoku. We still don't know Sigurd's identity, which says to me it has to be an established character already.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are entering the age of Antagonist Sagara.

It's either that or Yuuya, if you ask me, since...well, it's definitely not Hase now, and he was my top pick. Sagara seems likely, since his job in media manipulation is over, but Yuuya would be a pretty strong pick to make Sigurd plot-important, having him clash with Kouta and Micchy.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Edit: Ignore this.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 14, 2014

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Killer Queen posted:

Absolutely do not click on this if you don't want to know. Toei revealed who Sigurd is sometime ago and it's Sid.

If that's true then it's strange that they kept him a secret initially but not Duke being the scientist since they're both already known to be on Yggdrasil's side. What makes Sid worth hiding in that regard?

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

If that's true then it's strange that they kept him a secret initially but not Duke being the scientist since they're both already known to be on Yggdrasil's side. What makes Sid worth hiding in that regard?

I would guess it's because Sid hints towards having much more of his own motives and him having the most unique of the Energy Rider suits might have given people more reason to suspect how important he could be.

Then again, they gave him a lockseed with a giant S on the front that's nothing like any other we've seen, so it's already pretty clear he's going to be important.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So, taking all bets, Someone is going to end up having to put down Hase, personally I think it's gonna be micchy

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Killer Queen posted:

Absolutely do not click on this if you don't want to know. Toei revealed who Sigurd is sometime ago and it's Sid.

This was a mistranslation, the scan talked about "the Lock Dealer era", which the translator thought was talking about Sid proper as Sigurd. We still have no idea who Sigurd actually is.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Regarding that bet and what I saw from the preview, this is my wild rear end speculation as to how it'll play out:

Urobuchi did an interview saying that at the end of episode 14 we'd start to see the real 'heroic' themes of the show. Based on that and the preview, I think that Micchy will WANT to put Hase down, but Kouta will insist on trying to find a way to save him. Given that it is Urobuchi, I can't honestly say which of them will be successful, I could see it going either way.

This show is coming really close to topping W so far in my 'favorite Rider' rankings. I think W had better fight choreography, but the story in this one - if it keeps up with the quality so far, even if it does get a bit more traditional - is better. W still has a decided advantage in snappy wardrobe and theme song though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This pic sums up episode 13. Spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/KbKV6iR.png

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Darksaber posted:

W still has a decided advantage in snappy wardrobe and theme song though.

I'll agree with wardrobe, but I dunno, Just Live More is slowly making its way up there at least for me.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I'm looking forward to the movie finally being done with so we can go back to the original OP.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Apollove posted:

I'll agree with wardrobe, but I dunno, Just Live More is slowly making its way up there at least for me.

Just Live More is probably second for me, but I just can't stop loving WBX. I'll also admit to being dumb in that I didn't notice like half the reflection things in the OP until episode 4 or so.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

This was a mistranslation, the scan talked about "the Lock Dealer era", which the translator thought was talking about Sid proper as Sigurd. We still have no idea who Sigurd actually is.

Oh, I see. I'm glad they're keeping it a legitimate surprise! It's very likely Sid shows up later on as another Rider if he isn't Sigurd though...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Liar Lyre posted:

I know OOO had at least one story that involved a guy getting crazy fat and it gave me the willies.

Rei_ posted:

Kamen Rider is a guy kidnapped by Nazis and turned into a cyborg against his will. There's always been occasional body horror tones.

Burkion posted:

I'll put it this way. All of the original Riders, up to Kuuga and Agito (And Gills)? Their true forms aren't the human ones.

Neat, okay. Thanks for the answer, as this goes on I'm thinking I'll probably go and try another season afterwards and that kinda thing is pushing me there.

edit: just so I don't derail this somehow into suggestions - a pal told me go with W, I'm goin' there first.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man, the wait for episode 14 is already killing me. I'm glad this was saved for after the hiatus, even if the real reasons were a matter of toy scheduling.

Those poor kids are going to keep losing the PR war now that Yggdrasil has teamed up with ~Charmant~.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Man, the wait for episode 14 is already killing me. I'm glad this was saved for after the hiatus, even if the real reasons were a matter of toy scheduling.

Those poor kids are going to keep losing the PR war now that Yggdrasil has teamed up with ~Charmant~.
Come to the dark side, we have cake

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This show has done awful things to me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

This would be me if Gundam Build Fighters hadn't come around to eat my "Stupid poo poo" budget.

And the loving Kampfer Amazing just came out too :cry:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Neat, okay. Thanks for the answer, as this goes on I'm thinking I'll probably go and try another season afterwards and that kinda thing is pushing me there.

edit: just so I don't derail this somehow into suggestions - a pal told me go with W, I'm goin' there first.

W isn't very body horror-y at all if that's a major thing you're looking for but it's still great, regardless. It'd definitely be my blanket suggestion to anyone who doesn't know where to go and hasn't seen it yet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jonjonaug posted:

I've learned to just wait on main releases, they'll be $20 on Amazon within 2 months of release.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

Should have bought the Arms Change figures.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Brother Entropy posted:

W isn't very body horror-y at all if that's a major thing you're looking for but it's still great, regardless. It'd definitely be my blanket suggestion to anyone who doesn't know where to go and hasn't seen it yet.

Oh, no, it isn't a requirement or anything, I was just curious from bits and pieces I'd heard of other shows. I've got Videodrome on blu-ray within reach if I really need something in that vein, haha.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Brother Entropy posted:

Well... there is some body horror (Bird Dopant, Isaka's ports, Isaka's obsession with Taboo, Isaka in general, Wakana's degrading sanity with each transformation, Shroud's scarring, etc.)

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

Well... there is some body horror (Bird Dopant, Isaka's ports, Isaka's obsession with Taboo, Isaka in general, Wakana's degrading sanity with each transformation, Shroud's scarring, etc.)

There's also MY HAND IS A COW. :haw:

Mitama fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 15, 2014

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

The worst part about youtube toku clips is that they're always TVN subs.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
I wonder if there's a tomato lockseed

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Dude what the gently caress he said body horror not guaranteed nightmares for life.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Oh my god I should not read youtube comments, people arguing that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was better than Double. :cripes:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Like I needed another reason to start Double. Maybe this week I'll just power through OOO and W.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Oh my god I should not read youtube comments, people arguing that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was better than Double. :cripes:

Well, it's just one person and everyone seems to agree he's an idiot.

(Bulk and Skull are pretty great though.)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Oh my god the Cherry Lockseed jingle is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYEgg2UNobE

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Speaking of music, http://rock10zxa.tumblr.com/post/73244135929/dont-care-toku-robot-anime-game-whatever-dance

I feel like there should be a Kamen Rider Gaim drinking game. Like, "Take a shot every time the scene speeds up or repeats something that just happened for a comedic effect." "Take a shot every time Kaito is seen playing with his cards." "Take a shot every time Micchy does something nebulous and doesn't tell Katou about it."

Apollove fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 18, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Holy poo poo I pity you guys who aren't watching the show live as it airs because even though I can't speak Japanese this week's episode was intense as all hell.

We finally learned what happened to Yuuya. Oh and who Sidgurd is. And everyone grew up a little bit this episode.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
gently caress yoooooooou why did I read that? Someone give me a cattle prod, I've gotta go find Aesir. (Even though they're super fast anyways)

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
My face that entire episode: :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

My face that entire episode: :aaaaa:

Oh man. When they cut to the Fruit bar and loving Hase breaks in and assaults (and probably infects) the Gaim dancer. It's loving ridiculous and amazing to get some heavy actual consequences for the hero's indecision in a show like this.

• Locked thread