Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Grab bag from Obama to Congress: We're not waiting for legislation

I'm not sure what he is but I hate him! :argh:

quote:

To: Innovative
And come November when we get a GOP Senate...we ain't listening to complaints from the WH.

Impeach that gay negro from Kenya.

And even if he ain't from Kenya or even a Negro...impeach him anyway.

All this said...he is certainly gay...and too darn happy too.

Let's get rid of this gay commie toad. Color has nothing to do with it.

A real American of any race is welcome at the WH...but gay commies are a horse of a different color.

And take your race baiters like Holder and Sharpton and Matthews with you.

This Country would be better off without them. And better off without you!

10 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:52:47 PM by RoosterRedux (The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -- Socrates)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Man economics is so easy! (Also totally not racist)

quote:

Has Bambi ever done the math? even a monkey can figure out that all u need to do is lower everyones taxes,including small business taxes, and there u go! Millions of jobs created in the next three months!

17 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:57:43 PM by Cruz_West_Paul2016

Does Freep hate Google now for some reason?

quote:

To: Mustangman

He’s such an a-hole, it’s hard to believe he doesn’t work for Google.

23 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:03:53 PM by Psycho_Bunny (Thought Puzzle: Describe Islam without using the phrase "mental disorder" more than four times.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

:godwin:

quote:

To: Bender2

Operation Valkyrie Part 2.

70 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:35:29 PM by Howie66 (Molon Labe, Traitors!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

Obama is literally sinister.

quote:

I hope everyone has noticed that the “John the Baptist of the AntiChrist” is left handed.

92 posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:50:16 AM by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Elephant Ambush posted:

To Freepers it's not enough to simply ask someone to stop doing something in a polite way. Everything is about establishing immediate dominance and control over every single little situation in life, and to Freepers the best way to do that is to threaten someone's life. This is because they are insecure and scared and uneducated and mentally underdeveloped. I understand that a lot of that isn't their fault and they're products of their upbringing and environment, but they're really angry people who agree with dangerous ideologies and I'm glad they're mostly ineffectual forum posters.

That reminds me of this scene from the Office. There's more to it, but I can't find the whole scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3IKMk5FmI

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Finnankainen posted:

Does Freep hate Google now for some reason?
FReepers have historically despised Google because they support gay marriage and also because they don't celebrate America enough with their doodles. I am dead serious.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

kik2dagroin posted:

FReepers have historically despised Google because they support gay marriage and also because they don't celebrate America enough with their doodles. I am dead serious.

And when they celebrated the anniversary of the Sputnik launch it was the final nail.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Conservatives hate all online services because they respond to and represent the real world. That's why they keep trying to build their own Wikipedia (Conservapedia), their own Twitter (Twitchy), and so on.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wojtek posted:

Try asking why your friend hasn't reported Duane.

Abortions for those who want it, no abortions for those who don't? And they should be free or heavily subsidized? Okay, let's do that.

gently caress try talking to Duane I'm 50 percent sure your friend is wrong and 100 percent sure he's more interesting than your friend.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FMguru posted:

Conservatives hate all online services because they respond to and represent the real world. That's why they keep trying to build their own Wikipedia (Conservapedia), their own Twitter (Twitchy), and so on.

This is the first time I have heard of "Twitchy". I am sure it is just wonderful :allears:

It also has an amazingly awful name and a mascot that totally isn't the blue twitter bird because this one is red

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Texas coeds tap sugar daddies for college tuition at record rates

quote:

College tuition has gone up 60 percent in the last decade, but some enterprising coeds are finding financial aid in a creative way — by landing a sugar daddy to the pay the bills. And students at Texas State University in San Marcos are right up there with the best of them.

Dating (and we use that term loosely) site SeekingArrangement.com recently examined the fastest growing “sugar baby” schools in the country, and Texas State came in at No. 10.

Around halfway through this thread, someone figures out that this whole article is probably written to promote the scam/service that is seekingarrangement.com, and the thread diverges into equal parts people posting "those drat WHORES", people posting random pics of good looking coeds to drool over, posts sighing over the good old days chasing tail in Thailand, and debate over the best way to do the mail order bride thing.

quote:

This is not a real article but a “PR” planted article by the company seekingarrangement.com.

It may be true that a few coeds have sugar daddies but the $ amounts and rankings are all just made up garbage. It is only to drive traffic to their site.

Ashleymadison.com and most of the dating websites are pros at this technique.

Every now and then the curtain is cracked open for a moment and the press will cover someone who is paid to create hundreds of profiles for these sites, just to keep the paying customers coming back.

43 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:05:48 PM by Bartholomew Roberts

quote:

This isn’t something that is entirely new; there’s a past sort of system called ‘placage’ and in it, the ‘placee’ was the one who acquired a ‘protector’ and the ‘protector’ paid for everything. Thing is, that it lasted only so long as the ‘protector’ wanted it to and I wonder if these young women have any idea just what they’re doing to themselves in the long term.

Their male peers aren’t stupid and I don’t know how many young men are going to want someone who did this to themselves and how much baggage they’re creating for themselves. Any employer can look this up and find out and this could be used as potential blackmail material. I wonder how young men feel knowing about this, knowing that a hue percentage of their potential future wives and mothers of their children are doing this to themselves.

This is disgraceful since it’s not like university or college is so vital to the success of a young woman. Learning a real trade and skill is certainly something that can be done and I don’t think university is all that worth it if you decide you ‘have’ to degrade yourself like that to pay for tuition.

58 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:43:26 PM by CorporateStepsister (I am NOT going to force a man to make my dreams come true)

quote:

If I were single today I’d get on an airplane and fly over a large ocean to go find a wife.

55 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:37:23 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.)

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
If I were single today I’d get on an airplane and fly over a large ocean to go find a wife.

2nd, I think you are well aware I did exactly that, and there is no chance she will get Americanized. Sometimes, the biggest problem, is that they will get Americanized.
75 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:21:56 PM by Mark17 (Chicago Blackhawks: Stanley Cup champions 2010, 2013. Vietnam Veteran, 70-71a)

quote:

Which is a huge laff, because those same “past their prime” guys could fly economy to Cebu, Bacolod, Jakarta or Saigon and be treated like a movie star.

68 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:58:07 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own.)

quote:

A friend does does that...in the Philippines. He goes on vacation and visits same the under 30 gals (from what I can gather) He likes to play Santa and hand out gifts to the kids in the clan of a particular woman

90 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:10:31 PM by dennisw (The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)

quote:

Glad to see that Baylor isn’t on that list, but honestly, I’m just heartsick watching my husband constantly trying to crunch numbers to help our daughter attend there in the fall. To me, it’s worth the money to send her to another Christian environment for the next four years. She’s done everything right up to this point - 4.1+ gpa, athletic, 30 act, student body president, intern for our conservative state rep. Awesome lady of Christian character. She will get about 12-13k in academic scholarships from the school, but Jeez Louise... the traitors in DC want to take away some of husband’s military retirement. His airline employer filed bankruptcy, and his pay and retirement structure there went to hades. Both children have attended Christian Bible schools.

I’m just so sad these days. I’m sad for all the hard workers & achievers in the next generations who will be hit even harder than we are. I just pray to Jesus for strength.

And everything else I feel inside I just can’t put here. I’d have helo’s hovering overhead and I’d be banned forever.

Night y’all.

95 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:26:18 PM by getmeouttaPalmBeachCounty_FL (Impeach the Liar.)

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Twitchy isn't a twitter alternative, it's a twitter curation website for the type of loons who read Drudge and Free Republic. Michelle Malkin founded/runs it.

e: I didn't know MRAs posted on freep.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

From the coed/sugardaddy thread:

quote:

Glad to see that Baylor isn’t on that list, but honestly, I’m just heartsick watching my husband constantly trying to crunch numbers to help our daughter attend there in the fall. To me, it’s worth the money to send her to another Christian environment for the next four years. She’s done everything right up to this point - 4.1+ gpa, athletic, 30 act, student body president, intern for our conservative state rep. Awesome lady of Christian character. She will get about 12-13k in academic scholarships from the school, but Jeez Louise... the traitors in DC want to take away some of husband’s military retirement. His airline employer filed bankruptcy, and his pay and retirement structure there went to hades. Both children have attended Christian Bible schools.

I’m just so sad these days. I’m sad for all the hard workers & achievers in the next generations who will be hit even harder than we are. I just pray to Jesus for strength.

And everything else I feel inside I just can’t put here. I’d have helo’s hovering overhead and I’d be banned forever.

Night y’all.

95 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:26:18 PM by getmeouttaPalmBeachCounty_FL (Impeach the Liar.)

I just want to pat this lady on the shoulder and assure her that while affording private high school and university educations for your kids is hard these days, the free market will provide any number of sugar daddies to ease the burden, for the right price.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zwabu posted:

From the coed/sugardaddy thread:

I just want to pat this lady on the shoulder and assure her that while affording private high school and university educations for your kids is hard these days, the free market will provide any number of sugar daddies to ease the burden, for the right price.

The only moral <insert thing> is my <insert thing>. I want someone to help me pay for MY child's college; the rest of you can get hosed! :freep:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

The only moral <insert thing> is my <insert thing>. I want someone to help me pay for MY child's college; the rest of you can get hosed! :freep:

"And I mean literally!"

Good to see that the main problem for most freepers isn't the fact that it is, in effect, a form of prostitution, but the fact that the woman might not be a virgin when she marries. Never change freep, never change.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

His airline employer filed bankruptcy, and his pay and retirement structure there went to hades.

Hey, free market and all that.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

LGBT activists present 45,000 petition signatures to IKEA U.S. Headquarters in Conshohocken

quote:

To: Phillyred

What a wretched life...perpetually offended and/or enraged. Self-loathers, indeed.

6 posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:23:58 PM by clintonh8r (Don't twerk me, Bro!)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I can't laugh at that woman, it's too sad. She's so close to getting it, and then at the last moment she veers off and votes for the politicians directly loving her family's wallet.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

StraighWhiteSmug101: go out of your way to offend and abuse minorities at every opportunity...then when they speak up for themselves, dismiss them as "perpetually enraged" and blame the problems you cause on their "self-loathing".

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

VitalSigns posted:

StraighWhiteSmug101: go out of your way to offend and abuse minorities at every opportunity...then when they speak up for themselves, dismiss them as "perpetually enraged" and blame the problems you cause on their "self-loathing".
Also "obsessed". Why are liberals so obsessed with race? Why can't they get over it?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FMguru posted:

Also "obsessed". Why are liberals so obsessed with race? Why can't they get over it?

"Now let me go off for the fiftieth time about how those hiphoppin' urban ferals are just waiting to kick off CWII"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FMguru posted:

And why do you "define yourselves by your sexuality"? Gay people have to make everything about who they have sex with, they don't realize there's so much more in life that matters.

Oh and by the way, your sexuality is the reason it's right for you to be unequal/attacked/beaten/murdered, nothing else about you matters.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Drone posted:

This one is best read if you imagine him breathing heavily and gasping between each one, clearly overexerting himself as he wanks to his CW2 fantasy.

"Pockets of resistence...."

"Rural... southerners... aw yeah..."

"Did the Serbs.... unnngghhh fuuuuck."

I just heard in the voice of that general of the New New Confederate Army.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

FMguru posted:

They like Yahoo! because it's old and they're old. Plus, they can comment on the news articles with other like-minded old racist homophobes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Wojtek posted:

Try asking why your friend hasn't reported Duane.

Duke Igthorn posted:

gently caress try talking to Duane I'm 50 percent sure your friend is wrong and 100 percent sure he's more interesting than your friend.

That person isn't my friend. The conversation was on my friend's aging hippy dad's page, and apparently a bunch of liberal-dad's friends have made a hard swing to the right in their later years.

I'll ask next time he brings up Duane, although I already know the reason. It's because the report would go like this:
"Hi, Dept of Health and Human Services? Yeah, my neighbor Duane is always on his porch when I get home from work, so I think he's getting money from you and he doesn't deserve it...no I don't know his last name, I don't talk to moochers...hello?"

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

FMguru posted:

Don't forget TPC, the conservative alternative to Facebook. Since Facebook has no political affiliation, it should really be phrased as "the social media community where you wont ostracize yourself from everyone you know with your routine bigoted posts."

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

I just heard in the voice of that general of the New New Confederate Army.
The fact that he uses a wired Logitech headset and videos still in 240p just sets them over the top.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
"Hello, Vegan Rand Police? I'd like to report a...a Taker."

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

quote:

2nd, I think you are well aware I did exactly that, and there is no chance she will get Americanized. Sometimes, the biggest problem, is that they will get Americanized.
75 posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:21:56 PM by Mark17 (Chicago Blackhawks: Stanley Cup champions 2010, 2013. Vietnam Veteran, 70-71a)

"Americanized" = realizes they don't have to live like human livestock.

This post is actually kind of scary. He says there's "no chance" she would be "Americanized". Did he move to a country with fewer civil rights, or is he keeping his wife chained to a bed in his basement? The resemblance between this guy and Muslim extremists that demand women stay in the home and wear burkas when outdoors is striking.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ColdSnickersBar posted:

The resemblance between Freepers and Muslim extremists that demand women stay in the home and wear burkas when outdoors is striking.

A bit lacking in tact, but I feel this is a more accurate observation.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

kik2dagroin posted:

Wow, that gun nut thread is pretty crazy even for FReep. Here, have some tears:
Federal judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

:lol:

Think those tears are tasty? Wait til next month when a judge is hearing a case over Texas' ban. :twisted:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Unless they're either "one of the good ones" or "have been drinking the Kool-Aid."

"How DARE they compare the GOP/tea party to Jonestown!"

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Freepers: a bucket of popcorn thrown in one's direction requires a lethal response
Freepers: Impeach that gay negro from Kenya.

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

A Freeper posted:

Let's get rid of this gay commie toad. Color has nothing to do with it.

A real American of any race is welcome at the WH...but gay commies are a horse of a different color.

I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but I find it amusing that he goes from rejecting that color has anything "to do with it", to using the phrase "horse of a different color".

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Has anyone else seen the "generation lead" theory that one of the leftbloggers (maybe Atrios) has talked about? It seems to explain a root cause for the freeper mindset beyond the general crankiness of being old and feeling like you're losing your cultural grip on your home.

The theory goes that there is a correlation between decreases in leaded gasoline and crime 20 years apart, suggesting the possibility that children who grew up in the 40 or so years after WW2 are more predisposed to violent crime and other societal ills as adults than they otherwise would be. If that is actually a causal relationship there's no reason to assume it's binary (either lead exposure makes you a criminal or it doesn't). You could just as easily say that its effects could be on a spectrum from "none" to "violent criminal".

The people in the middle would then have an elevated level of violent/aggressive/etc. behavior but not elevated enough to become outright criminals. Those are the people that grew up to become freepers and other aggressive blowhards.

Not saying the lead theory is valid or that freepers wouldn't exist without lead, but I think it's perfectly valid to say that if some amount of juvenile lead exposure makes someone a certain amount more likely to a criminal, a smaller amount of juvenile lead exposure may lead to an added chance of someone becoming just a run-of-the-mill rear end in a top hat.

It would certainly be a happy accident for the GOP and a good reason for them to continue opposing environmental regulations if toxic metal exposure gains them voters :tinfoil:

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I dunno, what makes you think this generation of angry old white men is different from any previous one, other than having internet access?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That sugardaddy site and any other related thing that comes up in the news is really one of the most depressing parts of the economic policies of the last thirty years (at least in the US). You have a class of people that was in control of the economy, hosed it to all hell for personal profit, then when people from lower income try to get ahead the way the system tells them to through education one of the ways is to create a service where they prostitute themselves to the people that created the problem, and then those people look down and call them whores. It's really the epitome of the way everything is just broken and it's really terrible. The fact that the victims are constantly the "evil ones" taking "advantage" of their oppressors is why there's no way this country isn't going to be even more right wing in ten years.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Has anyone else seen the "generation lead" theory that one of the leftbloggers (maybe Atrios) has talked about? It seems to explain a root cause for the freeper mindset beyond the general crankiness of being old and feeling like you're losing your cultural grip on your home.

The theory goes that there is a correlation between decreases in leaded gasoline and crime 20 years apart, suggesting the possibility that children who grew up in the 40 or so years after WW2 are more predisposed to violent crime and other societal ills as adults than they otherwise would be. If that is actually a causal relationship there's no reason to assume it's binary (either lead exposure makes you a criminal or it doesn't). You could just as easily say that its effects could be on a spectrum from "none" to "violent criminal".

The people in the middle would then have an elevated level of violent/aggressive/etc. behavior but not elevated enough to become outright criminals. Those are the people that grew up to become freepers and other aggressive blowhards.

Not saying the lead theory is valid or that freepers wouldn't exist without lead, but I think it's perfectly valid to say that if some amount of juvenile lead exposure makes someone a certain amount more likely to a criminal, a smaller amount of juvenile lead exposure may lead to an added chance of someone becoming just a run-of-the-mill rear end in a top hat.

It would certainly be a happy accident for the GOP and a good reason for them to continue opposing environmental regulations if toxic metal exposure gains them voters :tinfoil:

I don't know about freeper behavior, but the Kevin Drum article about lead at Mother Jones is very good and the research seems pretty solid, with mechanisms and controls and other sciency stuff (as compared to Freakonomics bullshit).

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

U.T. Raptor posted:

Freepers: a bucket of popcorn thrown in one's direction requires a lethal response

This was my favorite freep quote in a while and would be a great thread title. I'm pretty sure it wasn't said with even a hint of hyperbole, irony, or sarcasm. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

wilderthanmild posted:

This was my favorite freep quote in a while and would be a great thread title. I'm pretty sure it wasn't said with even a hint of hyperbole, irony, or sarcasm. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

There is always more, and it is always worse.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The Secrets to Michelle Obama’s “Signature Look”

quote:

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #4 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: NOBO2012
I really could care less about anything pertaining to this ridiculous excuse of a human being.
I'm sick to death of seeing this truly physically ugly, woman in any context.

If these imposters were not in the White House, I would never even have heard of them. And if they were not black, they never would have made it into the White House.

And, excuse me, but statistically, being "black" really isn't a selling point.

So how about we start looking at performance, not color, to evaluate the person? And, I know the fawning leftist media has even gone so far as to call her "beautiful", but back when I knew folks in 4H, there were even some who regarded their prize pig as "beautiful."

So I guess it's all about preference.

11 posted on 1/16/2014 10:32:38 AM by LouAvul (In a state of disbelief as to how liberals destroyed America in a mere 40 years.)

quote:

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #15 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: Alex Murphy
Laura Bush and Barbara Bush pretty much kept their “style” the same when they came into the White House... they were who they always were... not stylish, but lovely... the last first lady who really did come in with her own sense of style was Nancy Reagan...

22 posted on 1/16/2014 10:58:50 AM by latina4dubya (when i have money i buy books... if i have anything left, i buy 6-inch heels and a bottle of wine...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]
The First Ladies of the Bush Administrations with their pristine white skin :allears:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Seeing comments removed is really mind-boggling, considering the kind of outrageously racist poo poo that constantly passes without comment. How much worse can it really get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

comment 2 was a picture of Chewbacca.

Comment 4:

quote:

To: Vasilli22

Hey, give her a break. It’s always been hard to find clothes to fit an ape linebacker.

4 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:29:25 AM by V_TWIN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

comment 14:

quote:

To: NOBO2012

Her Sasquatch DNA?

14 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:34:37 AM by MNnice

comment 15: a picture of some animal followed by

quote:

1. Find a big foot.
2. Shoot it or tranc it
3. Shave it
4. Teach it to wear clothes and spout "get moving"
5. Rely on media to tell people it is beautiful, despite their lying eyes.
15 posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:34:48 AM by TheThirdRuffian (RINOS like Romney, McCain, Christie are sure losers. No more!)

• Locked thread