Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Guess I should thank Games Workshop: two friends from my club who play Tyranids are so pissed with the new codex that they are selling/shelving their bugs and starting Infinity. One is going for Haqqislam (aesthetic reasons) while the other is leaning Tohaa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, it's a new wave (the last one was when they announced those huge bundles at insulting 100% price)?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So, despite not having played in a few months I've been spending an awful lot on Infinity resulting in a bunch of new terrain and an entirely new force of Ariadna.

Having never played with or against them before, I can imagine that the general strategy is to use camo subterfuge to win rather than go all guns blazing?

I have quite a few units, so I can try a bunch of different strats, but at the moment the only list I've been able to come up with focuses on camo FOs and Trakto Muls. Is it generally worth it to pick up some heavier units like Mormaers and Veteran Kazaks in that case?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Nah, Ariadna can definitely dish out firepower with their cheap HMG and Tankhunters. Also, Antipodes are disgusting (keep the controller in reserve for maximum hilarity)

ed: Just don't rely on your HI being able to survive things like mines.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 9, 2014

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

As in, don't deploy the controller till later?

I was planning on grabbing the Assault pack, but I'm not quite as excited about using them as I am my Traktor Muls. I kinda just envision them rushing down one target before getting stuck in enemy territory and ARO'd to hell.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Speaking of Ariadna, I finished up my Tankhunter. Here's the whole group so far:

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

That Tank Hunters gun/arm/hand are a monstrosity to stick together.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hortism posted:

That Tank Hunters gun/arm/hand are a monstrosity to stick together.

Yeah; to anyone reading this, my advice is be patient and learn how to pin if you haven't already.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I think most the time where I should have been getting better at this hobby were wasted away on WH40k, where painting huge squads of same looking Guardians wore away at my soul to the point where I just didn't give a poo poo about how they looked anymore.

Now I want all my cool, unique dudes to look awesome and don't have the skill or tools to do it. :(

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So it turns out there's going to be an ITS event at Templecon. I'm kind of on the fence about which Corregidor list to take and was looking to get folks' opinion.

Here's my initial idea:

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 0

WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
INTRUDER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 48)
INTRUDER (X Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 52)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (28)
ZONDCAT Electric Pulse.
VORTEX (WIP15, Doctor, CH: Mimetism) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10 | 12XP)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

5.5 SWC | 296 Points

Open with Army 4

A slightly alternate list would be

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR

GROUP 1 10 0 0

WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (22)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)
HELLCAT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Anybody going to Templecon and wants to play some pickup games with a horrible newbie? :D I'm not quite ready for an ITS tourney but I'd love to play some experienced people.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Oh Snap! That is an amazing set of minis. I've tried my best to be a faction monogamist, but this might push me over the edge.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I've tried my best to be a faction monogamist
New to this game, aren't you? :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ooh those are lovely models.

E: Question for UK Goons! I am thinking of running a 250pt tournament sometime this year? possibly Q2 or Q3, who would be willing to travel to Cardiff for it? My regulars are interested but I'm curious to see interest from the rest of the country.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Pierzak posted:

New to this game, aren't you? :v:

Yeah, I had a false start a little over a year ago, but have only been playing regularly since about October. I've been telling myself that I'd only get models for another faction once I'd gotten caught up on Yu Jing stuff... I've avoided buying the Sophotec and Dakini for the ISS out of fear I'd start buying more Aleph. :haw:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

That is a great looking box of Djanbazan proxies.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Which Haqq unit is that? I'm pretty rusty in my ID skills.

Whatever they are, I'll be using them as my Haris Sekban team :D

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Flipswitch posted:

Ooh those are lovely models.

E: Question for UK Goons! I am thinking of running a 250pt tournament sometime this year? possibly Q2 or Q3, who would be willing to travel to Cardiff for it? My regulars are interested but I'm curious to see interest from the rest of the country.

That's a nice idea but it depends a lot on the timing. If it fit, I'm sure Genghis Cohen and possibly another guy would come with me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ineptmule posted:

Which Haqq unit is that? I'm pretty rusty in my ID skills.

Whatever they are, I'll be using them as my Haris Sekban team :D
It's the Sekbans.

As for dates, it's still a very early stage so in a few weeks I may post up possible dates. I'm getting my groups to grips with scenario play at the moment, they are playing YAMS at the moment at 200pts but I'm looking to get them into ITS at 250pts. Once that's done I'll be looking to host tournaments.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Huzzah! They actually ARE Sekbans. Cool.

Regarding the tournament, keep on mentioning it and I'll try to come if I can.

That Mercenary Sniper who's on the 2014 ITS promo material - how does one get that model?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Get one of the expensive packs ITS packs I believe.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
You're too quick Flipswitch! I was just coming back to edit my question out because I'd answered it already :)

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

ineptmule posted:

That Mercenary Sniper who's on the 2014 ITS promo material - how does one get that model?

Flipswitch posted:

Get one of the expensive packs ITS packs I believe.

You could also actually win a tournament, provided your TO orders a tourney pack and gives the model to the winner as intended.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Not much chance of that :)

(That's because I'm crap, not because I think Flipswitch is cheap!)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

You could also actually win a tournament, provided your TO orders a tourney pack and gives the model to the winner as intended.
Don't be daft man. :rolleyes: (this was sarcasm if anyone reading this is really that much of a goon).

So, played 400pts, had a lot of fun, my friend did NOT like my 400pt NeoTerra surprise list with 1.5 million Spitfires and a TAG. We enjoyed it though. :v:

I also got all my terrain bar one piece finished. The last piece actually had a piece missing so I'm waiting on Spartan to send that out, once it's done I'll put up a photo of it all pre-primer as I work on it. :)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
A friend and I have decided to give Infinity a try. Of the two of us, I'm a little more in the know, although I've not played, and have only really read the Quick Start Rules (thanks Infinity OP!). We wanted to have a couple of small games first, so around 150 points. We're not even sure what factions we want to play! I'm trying to put a few lists to pick from together, kinda based on the starter packs. Here's what I've got so far, please let me know if something is way off base.

NOMADS

GROUP 1 7 0 0

ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (43)
SECURITATE Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
SECURITATE Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (27)
ZERO Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)

0.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

PANOCEANIA

GROUP 1 7 0 0

FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ORC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (40)
SIERRA DRONBOT HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)
FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
CROC MAN Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (29)

1.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

HAQQISLAM

GROUP 1 7 1 0

GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (10)
HUNZAKUT (Deployable Repeater) Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
JANISSARY Lieutenant AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 45)
GHULAM Doctor Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

2.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

YU JING

GROUP 1 7 0 0

ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (11)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (27)
SHÀNG JÍ Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (42)
CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
CELESTIAL GUARD MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

We're going to be using some 40k minis to represent our armies, so it's not like I'm married to these lists. Any suggestions for changes will be appreciated!

PS: The free, online-available rules, and free, online list builder go a LONG WAY to make the game easy to pick up vs the GW "ALL PAY" attitude :commissar:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Two points:
- Securitate are too expensive for what they do (e.g. you don't need repeaters), you can use something else just as effectively
- in such lists it's better to take a plain rifleman as the LT (yes they're fragile, but which one is it?), a multi rifle HI just screams "assassinate me!"

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Mobile Brigada are arguably not worth their points but from a starter standpoint are very boring for how much they cost. Replace it with an Intruder.

Also, agreed on making of one the Alguaciles the LT. Teach the Nomad player to be a bit cagey with possible LT models.

For 59pts you could replace the Securitate with an Interventor or Custodier and a Sputnik or Zond to emphasize that Nomads often use a "Kitchen Sink" approach to list construction.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Gwailo HRL:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

ooohhh, I like. I like very much. Does this mean we should expect the rest of the release pics sometime today?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

How do I determine what makes up a sectorial army, such as the ALEPH assault subsection?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

How do I determine what makes up a sectorial army, such as the ALEPH assault subsection?
Not sure if I'm being thick and not getting your question. A sectorial is defined by what you cannot take in it. So basically, go on the army builder on the website or the ALEPH toolbox (both are poo poo but are linked in the OP) and check 'em out.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Not sure if I'm being thick and not getting your question. A sectorial is defined by what you cannot take in it. So basically, go on the army builder on the website or the ALEPH toolbox (both are poo poo but are linked in the OP) and check 'em out.

Maybe I should rephrase. I was looking at the army PDFs on the infinity website, and I see full army lists for all factions except the sectorials. Are they contained within the lists and denoted in some way? Why would you take a sectorial over a standard army? Or are all the items in the sectorial not contained within the main army?

Edit: Looks like Sectorial armies modify the AVAlibility numbers?

Edit Edit: I'm the other guy OB_Juan referred to above, fwiw.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 16, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The only reason to play sectorials is to take link teams (Basically fire teams of miniatures) or increased AVA (availability) on certain units. Everything in a sectorial (except those two mentioned previously) are available in a regular/vanilla army list. The army builders will show you what you can take in a sectorial army if you're looking for the availability values.

If you go into Campaign Paradiso page in downloads, on page 24 where you will see the AVA charts for sectorials.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Deviant posted:

Maybe I should rephrase. I was looking at the army PDFs on the infinity website, and I see full army lists for all factions except the sectorials. Are they contained within the lists and denoted in some way? Why would you take a sectorial over a standard army? Or are all the items in the sectorial not contained within the main army?

Edit: Looks like Sectorial armies modify the AVAlibility numbers?

Sectorial armies have different AVA values for their units in exchange for having a more limited set of choices; you don't get to pick chinese troops when playing Japanese Sectorial army, for instance.

In addition, sectorial armies can have units form "link teams", or fireteams: up to 5 of similar models banding together and acting like a unit, receiving several bonuses for it: increased order efficiency, firepower and ease of detecting enemy camo and ambushes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Another reason to take a sectorial is that some of them allow you to take allies, e.g. Imperial Service gets ALEPH robot support and Qapu Khalqi is part Nomad.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

ooohhh, I like. I like very much. Does this mean we should expect the rest of the release pics sometime today?
No, these are special sneak peeks. Regular release pics are about 25th of each month.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

How's this for a first try at an ALEPH army?

ALEPH

GROUP 1 10 0 0

ASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (73)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
NAGA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
DEVA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (23)
DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 22)

3.5 SWC | 248 Points

Open with Army 4

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Very min-maxed, but it might work. I assume you're basing this on available minis (starter + support pack)?
My biggest concern is that the Asura is the obvious LT/target. If you want to have any kind of MSV suppoort, you need to put her on the front line, and with only a multi-rifle she can be taken down by HMGs/snipers. Personally I'd switch her to a spitfire and get another LT, maybe proxy a Deva+Devabot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Pierzak posted:

I assume you're basing this on available minis (starter + support pack)?
My biggest concern is that the Asura is the obvious LT/target. If you want to have any kind of MSV suppoort, you need to put her on the front line, and with only a multi-rifle she can be taken down by HMGs/snipers. Personally I'd switch her to a spitfire and get another LT, maybe proxy a Deva+Devabot?

I wasn't basing it on the support pack + starter, it just kinda happened that way.

I see your point about the LT, I'll look into that. I like the suggestion re Spitfire and Deva+Devabot, though.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 18, 2014

• Locked thread