Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

math rock anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

mclast posted:

:sigh: yeah, i know man. i like being right but way to take the fun out of it being all human and poo poo

Haha, oh man I feel like a heel now.
Here's something for you:

Ugly nu-metal laywer guitars with crappy mismatched straps.
Have at me.

Declan MacManus posted:

i dunno man i just never got into the superstrat thing or any of its variants
Grab yer axe, we duel at dawn, sir.

I've never had one that stuck with me, probably partly why I like them I guess. Dunno, I still want a Charvel too.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple
being left handed sucks because all your guitar options are hideous, cheap(quality), or overpriced, or some combination of those things

I found a JEM for like $3000 too hahaha

I don't give a gently caress how hard some old guy farts all over this thread, there's nothing gorgeous about something that looks like my grandmother's wallpaper

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Valtaherra posted:

I don't give a gently caress how hard some old guy farts all over this thread, there's nothing gorgeous about something that looks like my grandmother's wallpaper

dude jimi hendrix had some pants that looked like that mother fucker so youre wrong

or maybe jimi's pants also looked like grandma's wallpaper

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

iostream.h posted:

Nope, that's not my bag of tea.

Haha, close, I'm 38.
I used to idolize Vai when I was younger, his more avant garde stuff leaves me a little cold, but I desperately wanted one of those when I was a kid, still do. They play well and all, and sound really good, but I just want one just because. No big thing.

fuckin gross dude put that thing away, there's kids reading this thread

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

mclast posted:

white dog eggs you don't have plat, how should i contact you?

edit: gently caress it e-mail me

Emailed!

Valtaherra posted:

being left handed sucks because all your guitar options are hideous, cheap(quality), or overpriced, or some combination of those things

You are totally right about left-handed guitars, the choice is kind of lame, surprisingly I don't get many requests for them though, I think I've built 3 in total (not including the left-handed body I made accidentally by using the template the wrong way up), they've all been Les Pauls for some reason.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Valtaherra posted:

True dat.

Fender? "Sure lefties, you can have a plain Strat or Tele. What, you fancy a Jazzmaster, Jag or Mustang? gently caress you"
(Unless you import one from Japan. Fender Japan make 'em and make 'em good)

Gibson? "Sure lefties, you can have a plain Les Paul or SG. What, you fancy an Explorer, or flying V? gently caress you"
(not saying they have NEVER made any, but gently caress are they rare)

"yeah, we'll make a Tony Iommi signature SG, one of the most famous & iconic lefthanded players ever. But will there be a lefty version available for sale? gently caress no" - Gibson

"yeah, we'll actually release a right-handed REVERSE Explorer, which apart from a couple of CNC routes would be the same as a left-handed Explorer. Let's unleash this retarded piece of poo poo onto the public, and ignore the thousands-of-sigs-long petition we've seen to release a lefty Explorer" - Gibson

yeah, rant over. But like 10-15% of the population are sinister deviant lefties like me, guitar corporations sure can be cunts.

So gently caress you Gibson, I bought a Hamer Explorer and it's as solid as anything you've shat out recently.

Also I imported a lefty Mustang from Japan. From probably the most friendly shop in the world (Tanaguchi I think they were called) seriously they were emailing me pics of it being packed and sending me notes in charmingly terrible English.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Fair Hallion posted:

True dat.

Fender? "Sure lefties, you can have a plain Strat or Tele. What, you fancy a Jazzmaster, Jag or Mustang? gently caress you"

Gibson? "Sure lefties, you can have a plain Les Paul or SG. What, you fancy an Explorer, or flying V? gently caress you"

"yeah, we'll make a Tony Iommi signature SG, one of the most famous & iconic lefthanded players ever. But will there be a lefty version available for sale? gently caress no" - Gibson

"yeah, we'll actually release a right-handed REVERSE Explorer, which apart from a couple of CNC routes would be the same as a left-handed Explorer. Let's unleash this retarded piece of poo poo onto the public, and ignore the thousands-of-sigs-long petition we've seen to release a lefty Explorer" - Gibson

yeah, rant over. But like 10-15% of the population are sinister deviant lefties like me, guitar corporations sure can be cunts.

So gently caress you Gibson, I bought a Hamer Explorer and it's as solid as anything you've shat out recently.

Also I imported a lefty Mustang from Japan. From probably the most friendly shop in the world (Tanaguchi I think they were called) seriously they were emailing me pics of it being packed and sending me notes in charmingly terrible English.

it's easy enough to convert a guitar from lefty to righty but i know most guitars look loving stupid flipped upside down so i'm sorry

there are some specialty companies that cater to lefties though

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
You know, if you're going to own a Dentist Accountant Guitar with a gaudy vine inlay, at least get a Driskill Diablo.

(I used to think this was awesome when I was younger. I'd still like to play one just out of curiosity but I realize what they are now.)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

oh poo poo

i forgot about minarik guitars, brace yourselves for this poo poo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
i was mortified until I saw the unicorn on the headstock and now the whole thing is amazing

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
Jesus christ if you're going to do that much inlay to the fretboard just make the whole thing out of mother of pearl

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
They even etched the goddamn tailpiece.

"Hmm yes this guitar is entirely too pedestrian and blasé what can we do to... I've got it!"

*bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzz*

"There. Now it's... perfect."

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 16, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

even the tuning keys are ostentatious aaaaa

here's something more tasteful and restrained

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Declan MacManus posted:

even the tuning keys are ostentatious aaaaa

here's something more tasteful and restrained

It's.... It's like it's made of magic.....

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Still better than that one dentist goons prs

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
They just make these as examples of their work, or perhaps to show what is possible to do on a guitar. No one really buys these things, right? Guys?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

They just make these as examples of their work, or perhaps to show what is possible to do on a guitar. No one really buys these things, right? Guys?

Those are with all the bells and whistles but they're both production line models

I remember them being in guitar magazines

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Two pages back but who cares, I think James Hetfield is actually turning into Ted Nugent as he gets older.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Still better than that one dentist goons prs

Which one of us? :3: I'll have the Strat and LP style SEs by the looks of things.

King Vidiot posted:

Two pages back but who cares, I think James Hetfield is actually turning into Ted Nugent as he gets older.

Deadly Hetly

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

oh poo poo

i forgot about minarik guitars, brace yourselves for this poo poo

That is loving gross, but what's with the 3 mini toggles behind the bridge? Are those really the pickup selectors? I'm almost more upset by that than the fact that it looks like a Liberace signature model.

Edit - VVVV I was thinking bridge on/off, neck on/off and a split, but you're probably right. Don't like it either way.

Tempus Fugit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 16, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Tempus Fugit posted:

That is loving gross, but what's with the 3 mini toggles behind the bridge? Are those really the pickup selectors? I'm almost more upset by that than the fact that it looks like a Liberace signature model.

just hazarding a guess but pickup switch, coil split, phase inverter

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Sockington posted:

Which one of us? :3: I'll have the Strat and LP style SEs by the looks of things.

Deadly Hetly
Me, I'm the dentist goon with the rainbow PRS. I am Spartacus.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

This is ugly for sure, but the concept is pretty great.

For those of you who don't know, Gibson Guitars is probably one of the most litigious companies out there and have basically sued into the ground any company that even remotely resembles the faintest detail of their guitars.

For reference, they sued Paul Reed Smith Guitars because they said this:

looked too much like this:

To somebody who's never seen a guitar before, maaaaayyyyybee there could be some confusion but to guitar players the two are incredibly different and nobody in their right mind would confuse them. The hosed up part is that Gibson actually won the lawsuit until PRS appealed and won the right to produce the guitar again.

The best part of the quoted guitar is that you just know Gibson's CEO poo poo himself with rage from seeing it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ralph Hurley posted:

math rock anyone?

it's missing something

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

This is ugly for sure, but the concept is pretty great.

For those of you who don't know, Gibson Guitars is probably one of the most litigious companies out there and have basically sued into the ground any company that even remotely resembles the faintest detail of their guitars.

For reference, they sued Paul Reed Smith Guitars because they said this:

looked too much like this:

To somebody who's never seen a guitar before, maaaaayyyyybee there could be some confusion but to guitar players the two are incredibly different and nobody in their right mind would confuse them. The hosed up part is that Gibson actually won the lawsuit until PRS appealed and won the right to produce the guitar again.

The best part of the quoted guitar is that you just know Gibson's CEO poo poo himself with rage from seeing it.

the lawsuit hinged upon the idea that an uninformed consumer could be made to think he was buying a gibson and the judge upheld gibson's copyright of a single cutaway electric guitar body and then another judge, perhaps one with some common loving sense, ruled that the idea that you can copyright the body shape of an instrument is loving bananas since they're all modified dreadnought shapes anyways (and because no such protection exists for pianos, violins, microphones, etc.)

however copyrights are still fair game for headstocks since those do distinguish individual brands and an informed consumer could also be misled (i don't necessarily disagree)

but what you should take away from this is that gibson is a poo poo company owned by idiot fuckers

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
White Dog Eggs: How's the custom build coming along? Anything goons can mail or contribute to help? What was the final features list and does it contain "fur?"

Godspeed.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

comes along bort posted:

it's missing something

I totally and unironically love this, and if I could play guitar worth a poo poo, I'd never rest 'til I could get the signature 'Coily' model.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

comes along bort posted:

it's missing something

Thanks for doing this, I'm too lazy and too busy to play around in Photoshop.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

comes along bort posted:

it's missing something

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

i read through all those pages of that freak's meltdown and pounding his sausage fingers on the keyboard to be the first one to post the matterhorn but i got beat to it.
gently caress it, i'll post it anyway.

here's the ugliest parker fly i could find.

no mention of charlie hunter's guitar? looks like that kid who's mouth always hangs open.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Fair Hallion posted:

True dat.

I'm lefty, and I feel that pain.

However I'm pretty damned sure the Epiphone Iommi SG had a lefty version, and the Cobain Mustang has one, as well.

The only upside to it is being less likely to stumble into a guitar shop, have a GAS attack, and walk out with a new guitar and no grocery money.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 16, 2014

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

no mention of charlie hunter's guitar? looks like that kid who's mouth always hangs open.

I can kind of respect Charlie Hunter's talent and what he does, but this thing just looks like needless torture. Is the adjusted physics and "deconstructionist method" (or what the gently caress ever) way he plays worth the music it produces? Can he even play a guitar with a standard setup anymore?

You have to wonder what kind of rear end in a top hat bass player broke his heart to inspire that thing?

EDIT: Who hurt you Charlie?

CannedMacabre fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 16, 2014

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

here's the ugliest parker fly i could find.

If my tattoos are any indication, chicks love badass poo poo with snakes on 'em. *rolls up denim sleeves and looks tough next to jukebox playing Skynard.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

I Might Be Adam posted:

If my tattoos are any indication, chicks love badass poo poo with snakes on 'em. *rolls up denim sleeves and looks tough next to jukebox playing Skynard.

Pffft! Sleeves.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Clitch posted:

I'm lefty, and I feel that pain.

However I'm pretty damned sure the Epiphone Iommi SG had a lefty version, and the Cobain Mustang has one, as well.

The only upside to it is being less likely to stumble into a guitar shop, have a GAS attack, and walk out with a new guitar and no grocery money.

Ah, hell you're right, found a lefty Iommi SG online. Seems to be discontinued and kinda rare though. I'm positive a buddy of mine tried to order one locally and the store said "nope, don't exist" duh.

I found the pics the Japanese guitar store sent me of my order being packed. Check this out for customer service. Also check out the racks of lefty heaven in the background

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Left handed guitars are loving criminal.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fair Hallion posted:

Ah, hell you're right, found a lefty Iommi SG online. Seems to be discontinued and kinda rare though. I'm positive a buddy of mine tried to order one locally and the store said "nope, don't exist" duh.

I found the pics the Japanese guitar store sent me of my order being packed. Check this out for customer service. Also check out the racks of lefty heaven in the background

oh my god that is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
well you heard the guy. you're obligated to only play wonderful music from now on. no more steve vai for you

• Locked thread